Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We are aware of the recent Heartbleed Bug internet vulnerability issue and can confirm that none of the KingsIsle systems or websites were impacted. If you wish to have further clarification about the bug itself visit http://heartbleed.com.

Critical Damage

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 16, 2010
2
Critical Damage
I am sry KI but the critical damamge gives players unfair advantages in the game. My wizard(James Windglade lvl 33 life) now has to fight many low lvls or high lvls that either use critical damamge to win which us lower lvls cant block, or use polymorph treasures to win which makes it even more unfair due to the fact that they have more health. :x Does anyone agree with me that KI should just take a closer look at the Critical damamge and such, other than that everything else you add was great i mean bolt isnt a facter to many matches anymore and the new world and new grand spells and great :-) mostly for life of course anyways if anyone agrees with me post your own comment about how you feel about this and if you see guys trying to win with the polymorphs ;( take them down.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1204
Re: Critical Damage
Even without critical damage the results would largely be the same. Players are able to quickly cast huge damage, but their health does not increase as much as their damage does as they level. I don't think removing critical damage would accomplish much, but normal player damage in PvP would. I'd program the arena so that win arena battles begin there is always a global damage reduction bubble that is already active, and I'd further decrease damage based upon the number of people that are in a match. 1v1 would be full damage, 2v2 would be 80% damage, 3v3 would be 60% damage, and 4v4 would be 40% damage. The reason for doing this is simply that when everyone on a side uses mass attacks, player health on the other side simply can not take that many hits in a turn.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
30
Re: Critical Damage
Great post James.

I have already said in previous posts that it should be a questing card only, not PVP. I have a 33 Myth with 43% resist at 1302 health. A 22 fire Polymorphed and hit me with a Critical spell which a Grand Balance would have a hard time hitting.

The thing is, just like the bolters of months past, I have access to these cards, but I like a fair fight and refuse to play with those rules.

Do you all want us to make a level 1 and use those Polymorph Cards? It can happen, but what is the fun in that?

Those people who have worked hard at getting gear are being slapped in the face by KI when they created those cards for PVP use. I have actually retired my level 5 fire warlord due to this same reason.

Fix it or I am out. BTW, there are lots of people who I have spoken to who will not be renewing their subs if KI does not fix this. KI, we all love the game, but it seems as if you want all the people playing the game for PVP to unsubscribe. Come on, make it fair again.

Can we get an official position from you KI?

Survivor
Mar 16, 2010
2
Re: Critical Damage
seasnake wrote:
Even without critical damage the results would largely be the same. Players are able to quickly cast huge damage, but their health does not increase as much as their damage does as they level. I don't think removing critical damage would accomplish much, but normal player damage in PvP would. I'd program the arena so that win arena battles begin there is always a global damage reduction bubble that is already active, and I'd further decrease damage based upon the number of people that are in a match. 1v1 would be full damage, 2v2 would be 80% damage, 3v3 would be 60% damage, and 4v4 would be 40% damage. The reason for doing this is simply that when everyone on a side uses mass attacks, player health on the other side simply can not take that many hits in a turn.
well you need to remember, for example life or ice dont do as much damamge so maybe they should remove critical damage as a factor in pvp and remove polymorph treasures as well thus evening the playing fields to the original state

Defender
Mar 15, 2009
199
Re: Critical Damage
If KI keeps catering to the PvPers and destory the game even more ill not renew my member ships,

PvPers mess the game up for the regular players because of the crying,"KI fix this i dont like it,KI fix that I cant win,fix it KI I cant fight on fair ground ill lose,I need thing MY way to win if you dont fix it ill quit BOOHOO!!!

PvPers are the most foul mouth groupo of ppl I have ever been around in gaming anywhere, and KI dont do a thing but give more to the PvPers and let them do what ever they want, regular players need to post more about how they feel about KI catering to PvPers all the time.

Michael RedBlood grand death

PS: you dont like my post oh well dont read it or post about it just move on.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
Re: Critical Damage
O my gosh......... Seriously ppl complaining about critical. a simple critacal block aura works.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
1
Re: Critical Damage
Criticals are extremely unfair imo. I've only been losing to criticals.. It takes away all of the fun and strategy from pvp. I mean I'm an inch away from winning each time and somehow they get a lucky crit off and kill me for ALL my hp. I'm a lvl 58 Necro and this is just a pain, I shouldn't even try to pvp anymore at this rate.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2062
Re: Critical Damage
jameswindglade wrote:
seasnake wrote:
Even without critical damage the results would largely be the same. Players are able to quickly cast huge damage, but their health does not increase as much as their damage does as they level. I don't think removing critical damage would accomplish much, but normal player damage in PvP would. I'd program the arena so that win arena battles begin there is always a global damage reduction bubble that is already active, and I'd further decrease damage based upon the number of people that are in a match. 1v1 would be full damage, 2v2 would be 80% damage, 3v3 would be 60% damage, and 4v4 would be 40% damage. The reason for doing this is simply that when everyone on a side uses mass attacks, player health on the other side simply can not take that many hits in a turn.
well you need to remember, for example life or ice dont do as much damamge so maybe they should remove critical damage as a factor in pvp and remove polymorph treasures as well thus evening the playing fields to the original state


Ice or Life dont do as much damage? LOL, don't be naive, Ice and Life can do massive damage and very quickly, I can kill anyone in 2 rounds if you do not critical block me. And with my ice, LoL, Go ahead, Shield, gl because you better kill me fast, because snow angle will do 1000 first round, and 2000 each additional round for 3 rounds, so keep shielding, that is without critical. Who said ICE was weak?

Defender
May 31, 2010
168
Re: Critical Damage
KI really need to stop catering to every complaint that comes from this forum. All the crying is getting old , and I am tired of losing things in the game because of it. Taking away the treasure cards for sun , moon and stars is still eating away at me.

I have a high ranking PvP friend who when not at the arena he is practicing battling his friends , including my level 60 death wizard who has storm as second , including the polymorph storm cat. Her stats when he plays her are Damage 55 death/ 24 storm, Accuracy 100% death/ 90% storm, Critical hit 130,26% death/ 150, 31% storm. Including several towers shields and feints treasure cards. So far , he has been able to beat me using his level 50 ice wizard.

Point is , he not only practices with me , but all of his friends, learning about all of the spells we can cast, and what to expect and the occasional treasure card that he doesn't expect. I have polymorphed into fire after casting feints and he cringed. This is why he has earned that rank. and is well deserved imo. He is learning all of our weaknesses too.

If you deserve that PvP title, you will earn it, even with all the critical hits and polymorphs.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
30
Re: Critical Damage
Well. If you are a Quester, why are you in the PVP forum?

PVP is competition, nothing else, and we would like a even playing field for it.

PVP used to be about strategy, not luck and chance. Yes there is a bit of luck in the accuracy and such, but that is balanced by the power of the attacks (Storm=high risk, high reward).

I am not giving KI an ultimatum, but simply a statement of what I intend to do if it is not changed.

A level 1 with a Polymorph card can instantly get 3000 health? How can that be fair.

For you questers. If you had to fight a boss when you were level 10, that could do helephant if it wanted to, you would complain about it as well. Same idea, different application.

I would say keep the Polymorph cards, but keep them away from PVP, or give them a level baseline of 50+, and the critical thing? Hmm, lower the boost for pvp, it is now a "hit and hope" type deal. Just seems like a newer, worse version of bolting.


Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
64
Re: Critical Damage
If you guys were smart, you would know that cl gold rates are very high, giving u the power to buy many many treasure towers, ask me, i use them to win, not very hard to get a lot of money fast in cl with basic farming, then use this money to buy maybe 10 towers? but me, i have over 100, i use these in pvp and in pve, very helpful when shields are hiding. as a life wizard who doesnt have a critical rating at all, and faces bosses who do, i just tower a lot, same with pvp, really? its not hard to block these ratings with towers

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
573
Re: Critical Damage
jameswindglade wrote:
I am sry KI but the critical damamge gives players unfair advantages in the game. My wizard(James Windglade lvl 33 life) now has to fight many low lvls or high lvls that either use critical damamge to win which us lower lvls cant block, or use polymorph treasures to win which makes it even more unfair due to the fact that they have more health. :x Does anyone agree with me that KI should just take a closer look at the Critical damamge and such, other than that everything else you add was great i mean bolt isnt a facter to many matches anymore and the new world and new grand spells and great :-) mostly for life of course anyways if anyone agrees with me post your own comment about how you feel about this and if you see guys trying to win with the polymorphs ;( take them down.


Wow you probably just dont wanna be it by something critical.