Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical crafty life boosts

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jan 05, 2010
What do you think about crafted critical gear that gives critical healing in pvp? Do you use it? Like or dislike it and why? What are your expieriences with it in pvp?

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
I have Grandmaster Artisan on each 2 accounts, crafted few level 55 robe and hat and I honestly still dont understand how critical works. Yes, i always pick "life" as the secondary expecting a "critical heal". At one PVP match, i paired with a wizard thats only wearing legendary hats and boots and arena robe (which means less critical chance) and i have 130 critical chance (since my arena gears are useless, i wore my legendary gears). This wizard is casting critical hits almost every turn (and thats without the vengeance), my block didnt work and at 130 critical chance, i never casted one. Thats when i had enough, and btw, why the crafted robes has the secondary school with more "block" or "critical" rating? I also dont understand why for the legendary items, you dont have your school "natural resist" like if you are storm, your legendary items doesnt have resist for a storm. Lucky ice, they have resist all.

Its nice to have crafted items, but you are giving away your resists in exchange of a better chance of critical that really you will have no idea if you will hit one or not.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I am trying to become grandmaster crafter for those (I just can't get the pearls >_<) and I have noticed my friend with over one hundred critical got himself out of MANY tight spots, thank the lords! So I have a feeling I will want to craft the hat first, gives 67 or 73 life critical (I think?). But I just can't wait :)

Nicholas RubyShard, level 60 Pyromancer.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Ronster55 wrote:
I am trying to become grandmaster crafter for those (I just can't get the pearls >_<) and I have noticed my friend with over one hundred critical got himself out of MANY tight spots, thank the lords! So I have a feeling I will want to craft the hat first, gives 67 or 73 life critical (I think?). But I just can't wait :)

Nicholas RubyShard, level 60 Pyromancer.

Go to Portico, that instance place will give the pearls/golden pearls. Since it is instance you can get out of it and come back again (the pearls will respawn) or change realm. Roam around it and you will find those pearls.

Also go to this wizard101 fan site, it has forums with tons of tips.
www.wizard101central.com