Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Comment on the new Guardian Spirit spell...

2
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
5
When I saw in the update notes that the spell was being changed from 25% to 15%, I was hoping that they would also change the pip cost.
I should have figured it was yet another spell that gets ruined due to the whining from PvPers. Considering the list of spells that you people have ruined, it gives the impression to us non PvP players that our money isn't good enough. Guardian Spirit isn't the first spell that gets ruined because of your whining. If the spell is too much for you to handle, change your strategy instead of demanding that the game changes the spell for you. The rest of us adapt when you people ruin a spell. Apparently adaptation is too much to ask from the likes of you.
IF KI does alter the spell for you people, then it'll be proof that PvE player's money isn't good enough.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
Quote: "When I saw in the update notes that the spell was being
changed from 25% to 15%, I was hoping that they would
also change the pip cost."

Reply, I wouldn't have a problem with that, but KI didn't see
it that way, and maybe for good reason.
------------------------------------------

Quote:"I should have figured it was yet another spell that gets
ruined due to the whining from PvPers. Considering the
list of spells that you people have ruined, it gives the
impression to us non PvP players that our money isn't good
enough."

Reply, ok, lets consider the list after the Test Realm,
Wild Bolt, wow, pretty long list.
The Test realm is not the live realm, and anything that
gets changed in there, is where it's suppose to be changed.
Wild Bolt was different, a spell was added (accuracy spell),
that allowed it to be used beyond what KI's intentions.
It had to be changed, and yes, my Storm did get nerfed, and I
wasn't happy. I knew it was overpowered, and I did not whine
when it was dropped back to it's current level.
------------------------------------------

Quote:"Guardian Spirit isn't the first spell that gets
ruined because of your whining. If the spell is too much
for you to handle, change your strategy instead of demanding
that the game changes the spell for you. The rest of us adapt
when you people ruin a spell. Apparently adaptation is too much
to ask from the likes of you."

Reply, ok, lets have Death get a new spell, and it will hit for
25% of your health, and my gear boost will double that.
So I am hittng for 50% of your health, and if I go critical it hits
for 100% of your health. Plus it does not matter if you have a
shield or resist, it will ignore them.
Great spell, and my death needs it, but guess what, it's overpowered,
just like Guardian Spirit is.
You say you don't PvP, and yet you just say Change my Stratergy, ok,
easy for you to say. Try PvP for a few weeks, and then come back and
tell us to change our stratergy, after you have fought a few Lifes that
use Guardian Spirit.
-----------------------------------------

Quote:
"IF KI does alter the spell for you people, then it'll be proof
that PvE player's money isn't good enough."

Reply, you are saying that grapes and oranges are the same thing, not so.
Tell me this, why do you need to come back to half life, if you are
defeated? Why do you need to come back to Full health after being
defeated after a critical, in Pve? Don't you feel that is a little unfair
to the enemy you are battling? How would you like it if all life enemies could
do that, it would extent the game so you could never end a battle. Think about
it, KI dropping this spell by 10%, is not unreasonable.

4500 health, and you get back 675 health, and after Gear Boost you are at
1350, for 5 pips. You have a better than 30% chance of going critical for a
heal of 2700 hp, and you are still not happy.
Plus this is all after you are defeated by the enemy and you can do this again and
again. Wow, how much more can you ask for and stay within reason?

Joe.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
5
Quote:"Reply, I wouldn't have a problem with that, but KI didn't see
it that way, and maybe for good reason. "
And what "good reason" would that be?

------------------------------------------

Reply, ok, lets consider the list after the Test Realm,
Wild Bolt, wow, pretty long list.
The Test realm is not the live realm, and anything that
gets changed in there, is where it's suppose to be changed.
Wild Bolt was different, a spell was added (accuracy spell),
that allowed it to be used beyond what KI's intentions.
It had to be changed, and yes, my Storm did get nerfed, and I
wasn't happy. I knew it was overpowered, and I did not whine
when it was dropped back to it's current level.
------------------------------------------
It wasn't just the wild bolt.
Starting with Storm Lord and Frost Giant before Celestia appeared. The change was unimportant, but still, the 4 stun shields was a result of you people and your complaints.
Earthquake, apparently there was a problem with it not removing prisms, so they changed it. The coding didn't end with prism. Steal Ward ended up glitched and that glitch didn't get fixed until the release of Wintertusk.
Cleanse Ward and Pierce
Rebirth
Efreet
Sirens
Dr. Von's Monster
Enchanted Treasure cards
The level 55 wand with an additional power pip
and yes, the unimportant Wild Bolt.
I don't know what game you've been playing where only Wild Bolt has suffered due to your whining.

Quote:"Reply, ok, lets have Death get a new spell, and it will hit for
25% of your health, and my gear boost will double that.
So I am hittng for 50% of your health, and if I go critical it hits
for 100% of your health. Plus it does not matter if you have a
shield or resist, it will ignore them.
Great spell, and my death needs it, but guess what, it's overpowered,
just like Guardian Spirit is. "

You are wrong about Guardian Spirit being overpowered. Just because YOU are UNDERpowered doesn't mean that the spell is OVERpowered.

Quote:"You say you don't PvP, and yet you just say Change my Stratergy, ok,
easy for you to say. Try PvP for a few weeks, and then come back and
tell us to change our stratergy, after you have fought a few Lifes that
use Guardian Spirit."
reply: I did in 2009. If you can't plan on how to deal with a spell and plan on how to deal with it once you see it being cast, then why do you even consider it?

Quote:
"IF KI does alter the spell for you people, then it'll be proof
that PvE player's money isn't good enough."

Quote:"Reply, you are saying that grapes and oranges are the same thing, not so.
Tell me this, why do you need to come back to half life, if you are
defeated? Why do you need to come back to Full health after being
defeated after a critical, in Pve? Don't you feel that is a little unfair
to the enemy you are battling? How would you like it if all life enemies could
do that, it would extent the game so you could never end a battle. Think about
it, KI dropping this spell by 10%, is not unreasonable. "

Why are you making the grapes and oranges analogy? It would be a valid analogy if I were comparing Wizard101 with Pirate101 players OR if KI were to make PvP and PvE two separate logins; which would be the solution to all the problems caused by your kind. Why would I need to come back to full health after being defeated after a critical in PvE? Simple: to win. Don't I think that's a little unfair to the enemy that I'm battling? I do, but I also think it's unfair that they start the fight with 10-12 pips while I start it with 3-4 pips (thanks a lot again, as this is completely your fault for not allowing the release of more pips in wands ever since 2010). Furthermore, if I wanted to be fair to them, I would invite them for a cup of coffee, rather than for a battle.
Also, if all life enemies could do that, which, considering the pattern that KI has been using on the bosses, they will end up doing it in the next world, and yet the only ones from whom complaining is expected is from your little corner in Unicorn Way.

Quote:"4500 health, and you get back 675 health, and after Gear Boost you are at
1350, for 5 pips. You have a better than 30% chance of going critical for a
heal of 2700 hp, and you are still not happy. "

And that is a problem because you can't kill them with 6 pips the next turn or something? Furthermore: 30%+ chance of critical and you are assuming that's a good chance?

Quote:"Plus this is all after you are defeated by the enemy and you can do this again and
again. Wow, how much more can you ask for and stay within reason? "

Reply: The person doing that cannot expect to win with merely heal spells. They need to wait for pips, and the Guardian Spirits are not cumulative. If you see them cast it, why don't you save to kill them again as soon as they are revived? Oh, that's right, because 2700hp is too much for you.
If you are going to mention reason, try knowing what it is first.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
41
if a person gets high healing with the spell did you ever consider that he or she has worked hard to craft gear for that result?
just because someone lacks the ability to learn a new tactic does not mean one should seek to change things by complaining.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
ranirani,

The spells I was talking about was Nerfs, after the Test Realm., only.

Yes, spell were changed, not because of complainers, but because the game was unplayable. You go into a battle, and all you do is get stunned and the stunned removed while the other team hits you. You would sit there and just watch, as you got defeated. Here your complaining that people didn't like that and complained. Yes, players need to complain when something is wrong. I pvp and know that Guardian Spirit needed to be corrected.
I have a life, that I will also take in to PvP, do you think I would nerf my own Wizard, for not reason?

Earthquake had issue, and they were fix, and fixed correctly.
Ice's Collossus was under power and it was fixed.
Remember when Fire Dragon was underpower, and it was upgraded?
Yes, lots of changes have been needed, but they were needed.
I have not seen one change made, that was not needed, and Guardian Spirit needed to be changed. Boss's will have Guardian Spirit in the future, and so will my Life. The way it will be changed, will still give Life a huge advantage.

Bottom line, the people that don't understand PvP will always complain about things they don't fully understand. Do yourself a favor, take your life to Warlord, and then come back and tell me if Guardian Spirit is overpwered or not.

Joe.


Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Lion359 wrote:
ranirani,

The spells I was talking about was Nerfs, after the Test Realm., only.

Yes, spell were changed, not because of complainers, but because the game was unplayable. You go into a battle, and all you do is get stunned and the stunned removed while the other team hits you. You would sit there and just watch, as you got defeated. Here your complaining that people didn't like that and complained. Yes, players need to complain when something is wrong. I pvp and know that Guardian Spirit needed to be corrected.
I have a life, that I will also take in to PvP, do you think I would nerf my own Wizard, for not reason?

Earthquake had issue, and they were fix, and fixed correctly.
Ice's Collossus was under power and it was fixed.
Remember when Fire Dragon was underpower, and it was upgraded?
Yes, lots of changes have been needed, but they were needed.
I have not seen one change made, that was not needed, and Guardian Spirit needed to be changed. Boss's will have Guardian Spirit in the future, and so will my Life. The way it will be changed, will still give Life a huge advantage.

Bottom line, the people that don't understand PvP will always complain about things they don't fully understand. Do yourself a favor, take your life to Warlord, and then come back and tell me if Guardian Spirit is overpwered or not.

Joe.



Joe,

You say this fixed Guardian Spirit? What exactly has it changed? Guiding Light/Guardian Spirit will heal just as much if not more. It just required a bit more on life's part, not much more. The fact that life heals better than any other, the fact that life can still be ressurrected infinite times, so what has changed?

The problem here Joe, is These Puppet Team players, who want easy wins, well, they can't think of any strategy. So they use Puppet teams. These are generally the people that will complain about this spell, because they dont want to try. They dont want to think.

Some, face a couple of Life, have the battle go a bit longer than they like or think it should have gone, so they quit. They want to take the easy way, so more people start jumping on the complaint bandwagon.

I have stated, proven, and shown how it is very easy to defeat this spell. You are correct, most are not as good as I am. That is why you have teachers and professors, you have to learn.

Honor, integrity, skill, and determination, those are key qualities to become a true Warlord. Someone that does not complain over spells.

The only thing that really needs to be complained about in PvP, is Critical factor, as it brings more luck into factor than there should be. Think about it, if no spell could ever hit critical, would guardian spirit be overpowered? Would WildBolt or Insane Bolt ever be considered overpowered? Would any spell be considered overpowered anymore? No, it wouldn't.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
Lion359 wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:
IMO I think Guardian Spirit is 50-50. It doesn't activate till the end of the round, and it can critical. Hmm. I see a huge raise for Life with this spell. They cast Guardian Spirit and critical, they get killed that turn. BOOM! They regain 50% of their life again. Hard to beat. Imagine a life with 4,500 health they regain 2,250 of that! I'm not gonna say its overpowered, but I'm not gonna say that is perfectly fair either. We'll see what KI thinks in a month or two.

Aaron Drakewalker Archmage Pyromancer


flarzedrago9,

If what you stated was true, it would be much better, but you left out the gear boost. Imagine a Life with 4,500 health, and when they die, they critical on Guadian spirit. They don't come back to 2,250 health, they instantly get 25%, then gear boost, and then the critical. Bringing them back to or very close to 4,500 health.
Now the battle starts all over again, but the other player is most likely already down on health.
I really have to call that Overpowered, as no other spell can do anywhere near that type of heal or damage just on Gear boost and a Critical.
What really bothers me is the amount of time it now takes to bring down the Life, it increases the time way too much.

Joe.


I surprisingly didn't think of that. I don't want to say its overpowered, because it'd make me a hypocrite and I'm honestly not. I do agree the spell is extremely time consuming, but Kingsisle noticed that too because the spell now returns 15%. I rather it not be able to be boosted, but 15% is okay too.

Aaron Drakewalker Archmage Pyromancer

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
Quote: "It wasn't just the wild bolt.
Starting with Storm Lord and Frost Giant before Celestia appeared. The change was unimportant, but still, the 4 stun shields was a result of you people and your complaints.
Earthquake, apparently there was a problem with it not removing prisms, so they changed it. The coding didn't end with prism. Steal Ward ended up glitched and that glitch didn't get fixed until the release of Wintertusk.
Cleanse Ward and Pierce
Rebirth
Efreet
Sirens
Dr. Von's Monster
Enchanted Treasure cards
The level 55 wand with an additional power pip
and yes, the unimportant Wild Bolt.
I don't know what game you've been playing where only Wild Bolt has suffered due to your whining.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attempted Javascript Attack With COLOR


Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
Darthjt wrote:
Joe,

You say this fixed Guardian Spirit? What exactly has it changed? Guiding Light/Guardian Spirit will heal just as much if not more. It just required a bit more on life's part, not much more. The fact that life heals better than any other, the fact that life can still be ressurrected infinite times, so what has changed?

Reply, Guiding Light will be gone, as soon as the Life's head wrobbles.
The fact that KI dropped the spell, tells me that the percentage was too high. KI dropped it to a lower value, to make the game more reasonable.
----------------------------

The problem here Joe, is These Puppet Team players, who want easy wins, well, they can't think of any strategy. So they use Puppet teams. These are generally the people that will complain about this spell, because they dont want to try. They dont want to think.

Reply, I have never been on a puppet team, I only 1v1, so I wouldn't know.
So, does that mean everyone that wanted it nerfed, does puppet teams?
--------------------------------

Some, face a couple of Life, have the battle go a bit longer than they like or think it should have gone, so they quit. They want to take the easy way, so more people start jumping on the complaint bandwagon.

Reply, yep, I did complain, because when a life went first, the battle just got too long. I felt the heals was just excessive, after I did a setup and finally took them out. This was my opionion, and appearently KI's also.
I expect that if it took me that long to finally take out a Life, that most couldn't do it. That's the problem that you are unwilling to look at or see.
-----------------------------------

I have stated, proven, and shown how it is very easy to defeat this spell. You are correct, most are not as good as I am. That is why you have teachers and professors, you have to learn.

Honor, integrity, skill, and determination, those are key qualities to become a true Warlord. Someone that does not complain over spells.

Reply, so you are saying that you and I will never be true warlords. Ok, I can accept that, as both of us have cmplained over the years.
--------------------------------

The only thing that really needs to be complained about in PvP, is Critical factor, as it brings more luck into factor than there should be. Think about it, if no spell could ever hit critical, would guardian spirit be overpowered? Would WildBolt or Insane Bolt ever be considered overpowered? Would any spell be considered overpowered anymore? No, it wouldn't.

Reply, I have no problem with the Critical Factor, I have accepted it as part of the game. Yes, it adds luck to the game, but if the Wizard is setup correctly, the odds are in your favor. I can live with that, and hope that I have some of that luck when I play.

Joe.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
21
Its about time life finally got a spell like this. like only has one attack all just like death, but life didnt get theres untill lvl 58. so life had to struggle to get through cl using only attack single and spamming the heals. thats life job according to everyone else right? to be a heal spammer. everyone always complains that i hit to hard to be life i fizzle to much to be life i have to much health to life and that i dont heal enough enough to be. well you get bet with this new spell i'll heal a lil bit more. stop complaining because life wizards finally got the spell they deserve and qutting over a spell because its to strong for you to handle? appently no one has ever heard of a strategy before, or a one hit kill.
-Scarlet DeathPetal
Archmage Theurgist
Pvp warlord before guardian spirit.


Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
90
Lion359 wrote:
aless2209 wrote:
jakehjk3 wrote:
You don't want it to change because you life wizards are stacking your decks with this card, and most of you are using elucidate on it, making the pips fewer. Not to mention life wizards gear gives them a huge boost on healing, so all you got to do is heal, die, come back from the dead, and use the spell again. Repeat repeat repeat. It is really an unfair spell in pvp period.


The spell is fine, and it's about time life gets a spell that is good in 1v1. And what about other schools like storm and balance? They stack their decks with tempest and judgement. It's hard for life wizards to win duels, since we dont have strong damage spells or over time spells to remove shields. With Guardian spirit, life has become better in pvp.

----------------------------------------

I got one question, do you even PVP at level 70 or level 80, I would question if you do? Do you have any wizards besides a life, I doubt that you do?

Fire was hard to beat to start with, now with being able to unlease all of a Critical Heckhound in two rounds, you have no chance of winning a match.

Both of Balance spells are conditional, in one you have to have an aura up, and the second, if the Wizard plays there pips on a hit, Balance loses 5 pips.

Storm got an edge, as they can slow down attacks, and they really needed that edge, imo.

Life, was already a monster in PvP, in case you didn't know that. The only Wizards that stood a good chance was Fire and Balance. They could shut down any DOT spell, with Triage. The Ganome spell dropped two Life Dispels, stopping any school but Balance and Death from Healing.
That spell can easily do 2000 damage with mild buffs even at 40 percent resist.
Now add on to that a Life Wizard can go from Dead to 1800 or more life, and it make PvP not worth doing anymore.
I am leaving the game at the end of August when I leave home. As this spell has convinced me, that KI does not care or think at all about PVP or the absurbed spells it creates and it total effect.

Joe.



Excuse me? Impossible to heal? If your pet casts sprite once, and you cast sprite/pixie once, there are no more dispels.

Also, you DO KNOW that all of these spells are TRAINABLE, right? Life is not the only one that can get it. You can use a training point and get it too. So don't say that life is the only one that gets it. Honestly, that is like saying only ice can use Tower Shield, or only death can use feint, or only life can use satyr, or only death can use infection, or only astral can use colossal (lol), or only balance can use weakness.

There are LOTS of spells that people use in PvP gained through purchasing with training points. You can use training points for that spell too, so don't say only life gets it.

Also, if you think that life using the gnome on you pretty much makes them impossible to beat, then you obviously aren't that good at PvP. Plus, anyone can heal still because of the storm spell that is trainable now (by the way, thanks KI for taking in my suggestion). As of right now, the only school that seems to have a form of advantage in 1v1 in NO ONE.

Balance can use mana burn, ice has super resist and health, death can heal from attacking, storm can crank damage, fire can crank over time damage to avoid shields, myth can stun for 2 rounds and can get rid of shields and have an awesome talos minion, life can super heal and dispel life spells easier,

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
1
The guardian spirit spell is really not fair, i fought a life in 1v1 and that's the only spell he did. he just waited for me to run out of spells and he had reshuffle so when/if he ran out of guardian spirit spells he could use that and get more. wizard101 has gotten so boring and unfair just because of that one spell. seriously KI? you guys really need to change that spell. Thank you. :D

Survivor
Mar 01, 2010
17
I do not like this spell at all. I know people were complaining about "life not getting an overpowered spell" but honestly? Did they need this? Healing is already awesome enough to keep you safe. This spell just makes life wizards annoying and even harder to kill in pvp. I would like this spell if it a) couldn't critical. B) gave back a fixed amount of health and c) couldn't be used in pvp. For the life wizard it's good, but for the rest it ain't

Explorer
May 18, 2010
61
They're always going to be a spell that gives an advantage to that certain school. Everyone complains and whines about each schools. So lets see... we complain efreet gives too big of a weakness. Death is able to get life back. Balance is overpowered. Life heals too much. Insane Bolt takes too much damage. Ice has too much health. And medusa stuns 2 rounds is unfair.

Each school has a unique spell to it to make it have an advantage. It's bad enough that KingsIsle has to keep changing the spells because everyone keeps complaining about how it's unfair in PvP.

People who uses Guardian Spirit aren't impossible to kill like some of you think. It may take a little longer to kill. I'm a little upset that they reduce Guardian Spirit to 15 percent. So what's next? Now down to 10 percent? Or is it going to be removed from PvP because everyone is complaining so much.

Just remember, there's always going to be an advantage for each school, whether you think its fair or not.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
77
I think Guardian spirit gives life wizards too much power in Pvp, one day Life wizards are gonna be unstoppable!

-Savvy DarkHunter Lvl 24 Pvp Captain

2