Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Collection of our Best Ideas to Improve PvP

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 01, 2011
thorvon65 wrote:

Again thanks for bringing your ideas. I think they are thoughtful. I will admit that some of these ideas require that a Legend review them and unfortunately I am not yet well versed in legend PvP.

LW

Laura I very much respect that you are now incorporating a legend view point on ideas. That had been a major reason you disliked my posts. So i'll give my stand point on triage.

If you ask around legend PvP healers had the most problems healing through these new buffed up DoT spells. Ice's Snow angel could critical and do massive damage, plus most Ices tend to use treasure or enchanced blades and stack them. Death has the most poweful spell damage wise as a DoT skeletal dragon. And when fire criticals a bladed dragon it can be very disastrous for a healer.

Now the response to this weakness was triage, it could allow the healer to cleanse the DoT. So that the healing could be much more effective. So it was made to lessen the strain of healing through DoTs on the healer. However of course there were plenty of people ready to use life's new talent to their own use. So now people can easily treasure a triage and can basically use it to overpower any school that relies heavily on DoTs, for me I'm ice my best spell is a DoT, I love seeing a life triage it off, It really shows people are using their own skills and strategy to out wit me. But can you imagine the frustration of Ice, Fire, and Death, seeing someone who isn't life using that spell to get rid of their best attack lol, it just isn't right especially that deaths main attack now is skeletal dragon in 1v1.

While Darkmask's idea on triage is very well designed 3 pips would be very effective at controlling it.

I still would want to see it a life only spell. In which i'm saying the treasure versions taken out of the game. ( I think would be a good compromise to keep a triage amulet in so that they only can have one. But treasures are just kind of unfair, especially if this is a spell meant for life.)

Or I believe someone else had a good idea to make treasured triages unable to use in PvP. I can't remember the name but if your out there you can shame me if you want lol.

Ok, but can't you just life dispel them with a life mastery amulet and your legendary super pip gen a few times before you dot them so they dont triage it off?

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
travisAk wrote:
People wanting to change earthquake so it does
Not remove weakness or infection.. Um HELLO GUYS, KI designed that spell so that it removes Everything, not just what you want it to remove

This so called list for pvp improvements has turned into the "what would benefit me most list in a fight list"

So far:

Make snow angel better
Triage should be three pips because I am not life (lol)
Is there any spell that does not get mutated here, c'mon guys leave pacify the way it is....pls
Change bubble into a sun spell? Four rounds.. Really?

Sry some of this stuff is just out of control

you mad today travisAK

I disagreeed with the snow angel and earthquake ideas.

Think the triage and the expiration timer on bubbles deserve thought.

Gave an example why an expiry timer on bubbles makes sense. This last affects everyone the same so it is not really a selfish idea.

as far as triage goes, i think the jury is still out and your more fleshed out feedback would be helpful.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
laurawatersong wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

Again thanks for bringing your ideas. I think they are thoughtful. I will admit that some of these ideas require that a Legend review them and unfortunately I am not yet well versed in legend PvP.

LW

Laura I very much respect that you are now incorporating a legend view point on ideas. That had been a major reason you disliked my posts. So i'll give my stand point on triage.

If you ask around legend PvP healers had the most problems healing through these new buffed up DoT spells. Ice's Snow angel could critical and do massive damage, plus most Ices tend to use treasure or enchanced blades and stack them. Death has the most poweful spell damage wise as a DoT skeletal dragon. And when fire criticals a bladed dragon it can be very disastrous for a healer.

Now the response to this weakness was triage, it could allow the healer to cleanse the DoT. So that the healing could be much more effective. So it was made to lessen the strain of healing through DoTs on the healer. However of course there were plenty of people ready to use life's new talent to their own use. So now people can easily treasure a triage and can basically use it to overpower any school that relies heavily on DoTs, for me I'm ice my best spell is a DoT, I love seeing a life triage it off, It really shows people are using their own skills and strategy to out wit me. But can you imagine the frustration of Ice, Fire, and Death, seeing someone who isn't life using that spell to get rid of their best attack lol, it just isn't right especially that deaths main attack now is skeletal dragon in 1v1.

While Darkmask's idea on triage is very well designed 3 pips would be very effective at controlling it.

I still would want to see it a life only spell. In which i'm saying the treasure versions taken out of the game. ( I think would be a good compromise to keep a triage amulet in so that they only can have one. But treasures are just kind of unfair, especially if this is a spell meant for life.)

Or I believe someone else had a good idea to make treasured triages unable to use in PvP. I can't remember the name but if your out there you can shame me if you want lol.

Ok, but can't you just life dispel them with a life mastery amulet and your legendary super pip gen a few times before you dot them so they dont triage it off?

Well no. It is some $20 irl to buy just the one life mastery amulet. And is worth a lot more time to trying to farm for it. Plus then I would need to spend another $20 to get retrained in my talents to get life dispel lol. And while i'm all for supporting KI $40 right now for me is just way to much lol..

The way to stop Triage for me at least Is I use a buffed up Snow angel and then use a weaker frostbite. Or if the guy obviously shows he can trully spam triage I'll try to single attack, or just use a bunch of frostbites. I myself never really have problems with people using triage against me.

Just to me I see it as something life should only be allowed to use lol. You know I'm not asking for ways around it I know all of them. I'm just stating I think it would be much more clean and balanced if only life could use it.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Disallow summoning minions.

When someone summons a minion, a 1v1 becomes a 2v1 or a 2v2 becomes a 3v2.

someone that signed up for a 1 on 1 did NOT sign up for a battle where they wind up facing 2 opponents instead of one.

=======================
Disallow treasure cards of all kinds including cards from equipment and pets.

=======================
Disallow pets

Let's see if people can actually PVP if they have to rely on SKILL instead of gadgets and tricks, or not.

Automatically return all cards to the deck when someone runs out so that the game ends when one actually beats the other.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
laurawatersong wrote:
- Either sub-privates (rating under 500) do not exist, their rating can't go under 500, or these sub-privates are restricted to 1v1 until their rating returns to 500. This attempts to block the exploit of downranking a wizard to deep sub-private zone to help a person with little pvp skill get a high rank.

Hi, I understand your concerns on this topic and I partially agree. Like a previous user said, I'm not debating but just an idea. I agree that your points shouldn't go under 500 but you should be able to 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4 even at this rank. Why? Because different schools have different strong points. Personally, as an ice school myself, I find it difficult to 1v1 (not to mention it usually takes really long). Maybe other ice find it easier to 1v1 but its easier for me to 2v2 and rank up. I understand your concerns, but I believe if you're at 500 points, you should at least have the flexibility of being able to 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4 during pvp. Let me know what you think.

~Destiny M.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:

LW

Or I believe someone else had a good idea to make treasured triages unable to use in PvP. I can't remember the name but if your out there you can shame me if you want lol. I forgot to add in making triage life only too thx for the support on the triage idea. Since, I have nothing else to do on other threads i'll post more ideas here :

-Anyone inside the battle arena is unable to communicate to bystanders or anyone outside the battle arena and when either of the players speak the school and stats of a player are not revealed to the opponent.
-Smokescreen accuracy deduction is reduced to -25%.
-Sun damage boosters work on steal health moves completely (what I mean is that steal health moves only get 75% of the benefit when using a garg,monstrous,ect, so I wanna make it 100%).
-Any pet talents (spritely,peirce,blade,trap) are 5% more likely to be used.
-Any move that stuns only has an 80% chance of succesfully stunning.
-Sanctuary has an effect of 65% more healing boost (because of the newly improved doom and gloom).
-Empower cost 0 pips and does 300 damage and you gain 2 pips and does moon damage instead of death damage.
-Dark pact cost 0 pips and does 350 damage for a 25% blade and does moon damage instead of death damage.
-Beguile does not allow caster to attack the next round.
-Moon damage is immune to all shields,boosts,resist,ect.
-Ra gets its damage boosted by 100.

:P :( Sorry if these ideas seem biased xD : Brandon LegendMask

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
laurawatersong wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

LW

laurawatersong wrote:
[Ok, but can't you just life dispel them with a life mastery amulet and your legendary super pip gen a few times before you dot them so they dont triage it off?
Laura no one is gonna waste a dispel on a 0 pip move which i bet they have as treasure (like everyone else) or a life could simply just skip for another one. And whoever said i wanted to change moves for my selfish reasons and personal gain your pretty wrong. 1. Ice angel seems to me like that taunt is practically useless in pvp and since its pretty weak I thought the caster could get a little something instead of taunt.
2. Earthquake idea is debatable I admit but it would be nice to see it not take off weaknesses or infections it would help a lot of people ( myth and anyone with myth mastery amulets which I am seeing fairly more than life mastery amulet).
3. I'm not life and yet I used triage to win a battle today. Its at least needs to be 3 pips or even better make the treasure card banned from pvp cause i've seen alot of cheap battles (I and a lot of people have been in others) where someone not of the life school gets rid of a powerful frostbite,poison,skeletal dragon, fire dragon, heckhound, storm hound, snow angel, ect. and then gets a big hit and end of story. So my solution is simple, since I see life could use it more than anyone else since they can't constantly heal for every 3 rounds for an overpowered DoT.
4. The bubble thing is debatable to me even though it affects everyone (INCLUDING ME). I just think a bubble should be renewed just like a star move because it gives a pretty big damage boost and can last the whole round if you don't wanna waste pips on some bubble war?And who said anything about making them a sun spell?

:-o Legendary Death: Brandon LegendMask :-o

Explorer
May 12, 2010
While I must admit, one or two of these ideas hold merit, most of them are just silly and are for personal gain only!

Oh how I wish DarthJT was back, he would put a stop to all this rubbish and trying to change spells...

Improving PvP is one thing, but changing bubbles, earthquake, and other spells, it getting out of hand.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
RosamaryH wrote:
While I must admit, one or two of these ideas hold merit, most of them are just silly and are for personal gain only!

Oh how I wish DarthJT was back, he would put a stop to all this rubbish and trying to change spells...

Improving PvP is one thing, but changing bubbles, earthquake, and other spells, it getting out of hand.

Ty....

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
Like I said not onboard with the idea to modify earthquakes but bubbles lasting four rounds deserves thought.

I'm assuming Rosemary that you were referring to the DarkestMask posts.

what is your opinion on the first post?

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
*takes deep breath and proceeds in a non argumentative tone*

Things I think would help balance arena for all schools, levels and people that pvp.

1) point system should be changed to reflect that rank is more important than level. I admit it was broken before but needs an update now

Reason: Arena gear gives high resist and hit power so the main difference becomes health which is easily overcome by skill level.

2)new arena gear should give some form of critical block so low levels can absorb critical attacks without losing resist or boosts from current arena gear. The low health of the player who has no critical block puts them at an unfair disadvantage.

3) Fix matchups, fighting someone forty levels higher than you is out of control. I mean everyone likes a challenge but....

My idea-make it so nobody can go below 300 to make for interesting matchups that don't go over the top.

4) judgement is soo hard... Get rid of it. (hehe Jk) don't change any spell for pvp, some of the prior suggestions ( not you Laura) are terrible in this thread. The original poster is trying to better pvp with the thread, not construct a platform for pvp complainers.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Well I got smoked twice last night in team play, I guess people WILL do anything to win pvp lol. So admittedly this is a very annoying thing to encounter. Uneven heard some kids talking about starting a battle and one said "did you go buy the smokescreens"

Ok Laura I had some ideas and want your thoughts on them.

Upping the pip cost. People would be less inclined to chain the spell if it became more costly, say three pips? Even with a fire amulet (dangerous move) the chainers would be opening themselves up

..Or making it so it could only hit one player on the other team, but then there is plague, hmm

Your idea is good though about having a block that goes away the next round after But if it were only one block it could be exploited in larger group battles. It would have to successfully block every smokescreen in the rest of the round and the one following then disappear right? It's early -_-zZ I think I have an accuracy reduction going on in my brain right now.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
travisAk wrote:
Upping the pip cost. People would be less inclined to chain the spell if it became more costly, say three pips? Even with a fire amulet (dangerous move) the chainers would be opening themselves up

Your idea is good though about having a block that goes away the next round after But if it were only one block it could be exploited in larger group battles. It would have to successfully block every smokescreen in the rest of the round and the one following then disappear right? It's early -_-zZ I think I have an accuracy reduction going on in my brain right now.

Upping the pip cost is unfair to those fire wizards who primarily PvE. Choke is by far a better all enemy debuff and it costs 2 pips. I would prefer the temporary smoke block over the increased pip. Remember, the issue is chain smoking, not the spell itself. Dissuading PvPers from using it will also dissuade fire wizards from using it in PvE. Why keep a useless spell at that point?

Explorer
May 12, 2010
laurawatersong wrote:

We should gather all of our best suggestions to improve PvP in one place and keep it bumped to the first page. That way maybe Kings Isle will notice it?

The first post won't contain ALL the best ideas, but will be edited as your brilliant responses get added to the first list. If I don't update this on a weekly basis, someone else that follows the same spirit should continue it.

Collection of Best Ideas for Improving PvP

- Scoring system takes into account levels, not just rank, to decide score.

Currently in effect.

- Either sub-privates (rating under 500) do not exist, their rating can't go under 500, or these sub-privates are restricted to 1v1 until their rating returns to 500. This attempts to block the exploit of downranking a wizard to deep sub-private zone to help a person with little pvp skill get a high rank.

Well, if ratings can't go under 500, why even start there? Change start level at 0 to begin with! Hello, that is an easy one! No rocket science involved there!

- Commander gear may be retained but not used if rating drops under Knight. Veteran gear may be retained but not used if rating drops under 500.

Oh, this is almost good, If it is Commander gear, then you should have to be commander or above to use it... If you lose, sorry about your luck! Level 44 can't use gear that is for level 45 and above, why should this be any different? Again, not rocket science!

- New lower level gear with critical block for pvp only is introduced into the game. This could be a second set of commander gear.

Well, actually this could be added not only to commander gear but to all gear, but the higher the rank and gear, as everything else, the higher the block! Again, not rocket science!

- Second turn players start with tower shield (because first turn currently has shielding advantage as it is).

Actually, I like DarthJT's suggestion even better, both teams get a tower shield to start, if it is wanded off on first round, it reappears, this happens only during first round! That way, both teams have chance to either blade or shield, without having to worry about major attacks first round!

- Smoke screen creates smoke screen blocks, just like stuns create stun block shields.

I like this suggestion, stipulating that one block is taken off after each round!

- Not more than two wizards of the same school are allowed in a team.

Not sure if this idea will fly, it makes sense, but if any of these other improvements are incorperated, then this would not be needed!

- A maximum of four identical cards are allowed on any side deck.

I can't agree here, everyone sets up their decks differently and uses side decks differently. To one person it is a strategy to have all attacks in side deck, to others, they use side decks for healing, shields, etc. It is a persons perogative to setup a deck how they choose! I am sorry, but if you can't beat a specific strategy, then you might want to rethink your own strategy! There is always a way to win, since every school has warlords!

- An option to tie the game becomes available to both players every turn, along with "Pass" and "Flee." The button stays pressed until the opposite player agrees to it. Alternatively, no ranked match is allowed to last more than 45 minutes. A match ending in a timeout pays a small amount of points to each player, like 7 points.

I highly doubt people will choose to Tie, people will want a victory one way or another. Now, having a time limit, may not be a bad idea, but then points will have to be awarded to a victor, based on health remaining, damage recieved, damage inflicted! After all that is calculated, then a victor is chosen to the one who has done the most! That is a lot of programming, but would be a good incorperation!
Now, if a person Flees, that is the same thing as conceedes a match and points go to the victor!

- Conviction is free for everyone. It doesn't cost a training point (sorry Couch Potatoes you dont fit in the treasure deck of most midlevels).
- Pending how it goes with the new scoring system, warlord title may need to be moved up to 1000 rating.

Please let me know about your ideas.

Conviction has already been charged a training point to some players, would not be fair to give it free to others!
Now, if the scoring starts at 0, instead of 500, this will eliminate a lot of problems and allow the scoring system a lot of growth room!

Explorer
May 12, 2010
TheDarkestMask wrote:
I have my own ideas reply if they need any improvements or if you think is a solid idea :
-For the first two rounds neither players on either team can attack.

That would Basically Just enable the team that goes first to blade, blade, then all out attack!, it would ensure in 4v4 the team going first would always win! Not a good idea!

-You must have the same rank to battle another player.

Also a bad idea, this would make matchups take hours and hours to find! There is nothing wrong with fighting people 1 rand above or below you, as it should be, also in these perameters, should be no more than 10 levels above or below you!

-Treasure cards are limited in PvP.

Yeah, you can't use them, only I can! Then I will agree to this one! If you are not smart enough to counter treasure cards, PvP is not for you!

-You get to play some form of paper,scissors, rock game at the beginning to decide who goes first (picks a random player on each team to play against the other).

I pick the nuke button, so I always go first! Yeah, not likely to happen!

-No chain smokescreens or anything that lowers accuracy (after two rounds of using smokescreens you have to stop using it for a round).

I don't mind Laura's Idea for a smoke screen block, 1 in 1v1, 2 in 2v2, 3 in 3v3 and 4 in 4v4, provided that one disappears after each round!

-Taunt is replaced with a balance blade when using Ice Angel.

I am Ice, so I Like this idea, however, that would be biased, so it can't be incorperated!

-The match cannot exceed more than 45 minutes or the game is automatically over but none of the teams lose or gain points.

~~Legendary Death : Brandon Legendmask

Nothing wrong with a time limit, however, after that much time, a winner should be decided... Points should be awarded, or that is a great waste of time, energy, gold, treasure cards, etc!

So, a winner should be decided, based on health remaining, damage inflicted, and damage recieved... If you have more health, did more damage, and received the least amount of damage, then you should win!

Explorer
May 12, 2010
TheDarkestMask wrote:

I think I have some imprvements and new ideas. Here they are:

-Instead of 2 turns of no attacking it'll just be he first one.

This suggestion is a little better!

-At max 4 of the same treasure cards can be on the sideboard for pvp.

Once again, if you can't beat a treausure card, I don't think PvP is your thing! Everyone uses treasure cards for different reasons and purposes, who is anyone to say, what can and can't be in a side deck?

-Instead of rank being the same for every battle it could only be off by at most 2 ranks. (applies only to 1v1 ranked)

This is a little better, that way, people will not wait for hours to get a match!

-A match cannot exceed 45 minutes or both players are forced to flee but do not lose or gain points. (applies only to ranked matches)

Again, after so much time, a winner must be chosen! Not against a time limit at all, just make it to where a winner is determined based on performance of the match!

-Beguile cannot last more than 1 round (ik the card says only 1 round but in some occasions it lasts two rounds which i think is pretty unfair).

beguile does not last more than 1 round! If you have experienced this, then you should have taken a screen shot and submitted an incident report!

-Earthquake does not affect infections or weaknesses. (my favorite idea :I)

Yeah, lets make Earthquake entirely useless! While we are at it, lets fix healing spells, Dot spells, and any other spell we don't like! NOT!

-Instead of Snow Angel using taunt it could apply a tower shield to caster. (this to me would seem to help alot of ice wizards).

Again, this is a place for ideas to improve PvP, not a personal I would like added to my spell forum! Stick to the topics please!

-Dispels cannot be cast after two rounds of usage. (after two rounds of chaining a dispel you can't use it for 1 round, P.S this happened to me in a team match before couldn't attack at all or do much at all because my opponent was death so he could spam death dispels).

Again, being dispelled is not fun, however, you have the same ability as they do to cast a dispel! I do not see this as a major issue yet!

-If you are battling a lower rank opponent the lower rank automatically goes first (only if he's two ranks below you gives them a small advantage because hey they are less experienced, only applies to 1v1 ranked).

Lower rank? or Lower Level? There is a huge difference between the two!

-If your opponent flees during battle you cannot gain or lose points but your opponent loses a fixed amount of 15 points. (cheap points ruin the challenge of pvp).

Sorry, but if an opponent flees, it is the same thing as the person conceeding the match! Points should be awarded as normal. Also, your idea can be exploited, you could have a person almost dead, you go first, a wand would kill them, they could then flee, depriving you of victory! No way!

-Bubbles (doom and gloom,sanctuary,balefrost,ect.) only lasts 4 rounds and can be replaced. (just a random one i decided to add in here xD)

Now you want to change bubbles? There are already 4 round aura spells that increase or decrease damage that are for personal use! How about we just make yours only last 4 rounds, that would be fair then! Silly idea!

-Triage costs 3 pips. (a 0 pip triage can ruin a whole battle for almost any school).

Legendary Death: Brandon LegendMask

Triage, 2 pips I can see, 3 is far fetched, considering it only removes the effects off of one person. Just wait till KI releases newer spells and a better triage is released that removes DOT from entire team! What will you all do then?

Triage is not as bad as people make it out to be, problem is, most don't want to change their strategy or outhink a spell, they would rather have it changed or complain about it. This spell is not that hard to defeat! If a Dot is Cast, shields are removed. If a person casts triage, then they did not shield, so a very Wide Open Attack would be very devastating to them!

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
travisAk wrote:
Well I got smoked twice last night in team play, I guess people WILL do anything to win pvp lol. So admittedly this is a very annoying thing to encounter. Uneven heard some kids talking about starting a battle and one said "did you go buy the smokescreens"

Ok Laura I had some ideas and want your thoughts on them.

..Or making it so it could only hit one player on the other team, but then there is plague, hmm

lol you got smoked. sorry. i just couldn't believe you had never encountered this in the area before. it happens a lot. there's a few gang of kids doing it every day i think. they take smoking the opposing team WAY too seriously.

now remember that these kids have like two wizards on the field just to smoke screen so fire mastery amulet and upping pip cost to three...not sure that cuts it at legend level if it is happening there too cause of their high pip gen. i think the easiest is still to make a smoke screen block that breaks every turn. one for 1v1, two for 2v2, three for 3v3 and four for 4v4, just like stun blocks. and stun blocks should be breaking each turn.

increasing the pip cost even higher would affect the balance school who also relies in this spell.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
laurawatersong wrote:
lol you got smoked. sorry. i just couldn't believe you had never encountered this in the area before. it happens a lot. there's a few gang of kids doing it every day i think. they take smoking the opposing team WAY too seriously.

I'm willing to bet that this strategy was limited to only the "innovated" before. Now that the concept has been posted to every forum dealing with Wizard 101, there is an increased chance even more wizards like Travis will encounter this predicament. Chain-stunning wasn't a problem until almost every team adopted as an all-time strategy. Could it be that even more teams are opting for the easier win? Hopefully, KI is looking at the numbers to see the difference.

It's funny how all these issues creep up out of team PvP and not 1v1.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
Hi Rosemary! How are you doing! Always nice to see you bringing your opinion to a thread! With all the varying opinions we have here, its a wonder they helped us a lot by fixing the scoring! Thank our lucky stars for that! The feedback from most PvPers has been resoundingly good! Wait - why do I have exclamation marks on everything! I'm switching to myself now!

Where are Players finding Consensus on Debated Ideas

- Players are unanimously agreeing that smoke screen chains need to be stopped. The idea of smoke screen blocks that scale with the match size: 1 for 1v1, 2 for 2v2, 3 for 3v3 and 4 for 4v4 is finding resounding support as long as these smoke screen blocks break one automatically every turn.

- Fair-fighting PvPers are unanimously agreeing that downranking exploits need to be stopped. There are several ideas on this thread. Please pick one that you like best KI or one of your own making, but stopping downranking exploits is pretty much the top wish of all fair-fighting PvPers.
This is the top wish of all fair-playing PvPers right now.

- Players are unanimously agreeing that critical block needs to be available through PvP gear (not for use in PvE) at ALL levels.

- Players seem to be unanimously agreeing on a maximum time limit for a ranked match and they seem to want to be rewarded for not being defeated to the time limit.

- Players unanimously agree to give second turn some type of advantage that makes up for going second.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
kingurz wrote:
travisAk wrote:

Upping the pip cost is unfair to those fire wizards who primarily PvE. Choke is by far a better all enemy debuff and it costs 2 pips. I would prefer the temporary smoke block over the increased pip. Remember, the issue is chain smoking, not the spell itself. Dissuading PvPers from using it will also dissuade fire wizards from using it in PvE. Why keep a useless spell at that point?
Good point. I warned you my brain had an accuracy reduction spell on it at the time, I shall drink more coffee in the future. ;)

Survivor
Jul 31, 2009
I think that we should be about to buy tickets from the crown shop. Yeah we have to work hard to earn the tickets so, maybe for knight and + only. i really think they should do this because i am a lvl 5 pvp (i have a lvl60 life) and it take a long time to get tickets. And also one time i was pvping and i get pared up with a lvl 16fire and i am a lvl 5 ice. Like what the heck i dont have a chance. ( i didnt i lost T.T). so i think that they need to be the same lvl and about the same health also in pvp. these are just my idea and i dont think anyone will like them but, maybe they will. thanks for reading hope you liked my idea pls reply :D!

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
Thanks for bringing your idea to the thread. I think people that love to pvp find themselves with enought tickets to buy their gear long before their love for pvp is expired and it is also nice for geared people to be experienced, so unfortunately I do not much support the idea of buying tickets for crowns.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
I am "officially"'on pvp strike... It's atrocious to me how
Kingsisle would make a level 10 initiate wizard constantly fight 50-60 wizards with critical. My character has low health and no critical block and I feel like KI is saying "level up or die from a low rank legend bombing you with criticals" I've had it... It's not right!

I have better things to do than waste my time with a BROKEN matching system, after all under the current system a level 1 could fight a level 60 wizard. Hello... It's like taking your initiate wizard into celestia and trying to beat it?

Okay we need some form of critical block for low levels to have a chance in the "new" arena, My #1 and only suggestion.... It's like the thing I enjoyed most about the game is ruined :(.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
travisAk wrote:
I am "officially"'on pvp strike... It's atrocious to me how
Kingsisle would make a level 10 initiate wizard constantly fight 50-60 wizards with critical. My character has low health and no critical block and I feel like KI is saying "level up or die from a low rank legend bombing you with criticals" I've had it... It's not right!

I have better things to do than waste my time with a BROKEN matching system, after all under the current system a level 1 could fight a level 60 wizard. Hello... It's like taking your initiate wizard into celestia and trying to beat it?

Okay we need some form of critical block for low levels to have a chance in the "new" arena, My #1 and only suggestion.... It's like the thing I enjoyed most about the game is ruined :(.

There shouldn't be any restrictions to get conviction. It should be no training points no level limit. And no rank limit. That way people who can't get gear that blocks critical, can get a spell that blocks critical.