Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chivalry

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 29, 2012
210
My treasure card bank in my pvp deck is full of tower shields. I grow them in my garden. Sometimes i use them, sometimes i don't. I am definitely not a TC warlord. It is an invalid insult really. It takes cleverness and an understanding of how the game works to select and use the Right TC at any level. It is no different than using a card your pet or gear gives.

I never throw matches, i have heard every excuse in the book for why i should please please throw this match. never gonna happen.

the pvp gear wouldn't be special if anyone could get it and if it didn't take effort to get. personally, i am not a fan of the cross design. i would feel weird wearing it so i don't.

Another invalid insult is Noob. No new players = no game! We all started out as noobs and Noobs Are Cool! How cool would it have been if when you were on Unicorn Way a max level wizard took you under their wing and helped you understand the game. Do that today! It feels great!

There can be no Chivalry without honor and no honor without honesty.

Thank you all for your great responses, I hope to see you in the spiral!

Amber Raven Song, 95 Warlord

Amber

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
AmberRavenSong7 on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
My treasure card bank in my pvp deck is full of tower shields. I grow them in my garden. Sometimes i use them, sometimes i don't. I am definitely not a TC warlord. It is an invalid insult really. It takes cleverness and an understanding of how the game works to select and use the Right TC at any level. It is no different than using a card your pet or gear gives.

I never throw matches, i have heard every excuse in the book for why i should please please throw this match. never gonna happen.

the pvp gear wouldn't be special if anyone could get it and if it didn't take effort to get. personally, i am not a fan of the cross design. i would feel weird wearing it so i don't.

Another invalid insult is Noob. No new players = no game! We all started out as noobs and Noobs Are Cool! How cool would it have been if when you were on Unicorn Way a max level wizard took you under their wing and helped you understand the game. Do that today! It feels great!

There can be no Chivalry without honor and no honor without honesty.

Thank you all for your great responses, I hope to see you in the spiral!

Amber Raven Song, 95 Warlord

Amber
Yes, Amber, I completely agree with you.

The effective use of any card -- TC, pet, gear, or spell book -- in PVP requires "cleverness and understanding of how the game works." Becoming an effective PVP player is a process of learning how the game works, and that is all.

Insulting others, or complaining about how they play the game, is not helpful or effective. It takes away your power to improve your own game, and puts all that power "out there" in the hands of "the other players." It creates upsets and arguments, but it does nothing to make you a better player, or to make you a happy person. In fact, it just makes the cycle of unhappiness go on longer and grow wider.

However, being Chivalrous -- being honest and kind and generous and honorable -- lets you improve your own game play, and helps others improve theirs as well. Everybody wins.

Thanks again for the thread Amber, it is a much-needed contribution to this game.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Sorry if I called names before and why is puppetting wrong to do in rank pvp.

When I do rank pvp I'm not trying to do puppetting at all just trying to help others wizards in rank pvp.

So don't call Amy a puppet when she with a lower lvl because she not one. And it rude to call people a puppet.

Champion
Feb 29, 2012
488
kymma shadow on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
Sorry if I called names before and why is puppetting wrong to do in rank pvp.

When I do rank pvp I'm not trying to do puppetting at all just trying to help others wizards in rank pvp.

So don't call Amy a puppet when she with a lower lvl because she not one. And it rude to call people a puppet.
Puppetting is wrong to do because, if done correctly, it gives the team that the puppet team faces little to no chance of winning.

I've seen Grandmaster-Promethean pairings get Grandmaster Warlords. While most of the puppet teams didn't know how to puppet effectively, the one that did mopped the floor with the Grandmaster Warlord team, hitting them for around six thousand damage because of the Promethean's insane critical and Shrike. (There were no shields, as the Grandmaster on the puppet team had used Earth right before the Promethean hit.)

This is a cheap way to get wins and it's unfair to the team facing the puppet team, as they have to work harder to kill the other team than they normally would due to the many advantages that the puppet team has over them. (Critical/Level 90 Jade gear, healing pets most likely, Shadow Magic, better spells, more health and the like.)

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
kymma shadow on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
Sorry if I called names before and why is puppetting wrong to do in rank pvp.

When I do rank pvp I'm not trying to do puppetting at all just trying to help others wizards in rank pvp.

So don't call Amy a puppet when she with a lower lvl because she not one. And it rude to call people a puppet.
Hi Kymma,

Thanks for taking responsibility about the name calling and saying you are sorry. It really helps the conversation move in a better direction.

As for the puppeting question -- you already have a thread you started to answer that question. If it is still not clear, maybe you could ask the question again there? There were some pretty good answers there I thought.

And just like with the "no name calling" point, if you remember just to ask, instead of then adding an upset line like "don't call Amy..." then it is easier for people to respond to you without getting upset themselves. Think of the question, more than the upset. People like to answer questions. People just get upset when they deal with upsets.

Also, one of the people on that thread posted a link to a site that really explains the puppet issue well -- did you look at that link? It might help clear this up for you.

Hope this helps. And again, thanks for taking a kinder tone! Keep it up!

Explorer
Aug 14, 2012
77
kymma shadow on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
Sorry if I called names before and why is puppetting wrong to do in rank pvp.

When I do rank pvp I'm not trying to do puppetting at all just trying to help others wizards in rank pvp.

So don't call Amy a puppet when she with a lower lvl because she not one. And it rude to call people a puppet.
You literally just admitted that you do puppetting. Therefore your character is indeed a puppet.
You can't get angry with people calling you something if you admit that is what you are. And the whole point of this post was to encourage people to be kind to each other, play fairly, and take defeat and/or wins gracefully.
No need to get huffy with everyone.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
ellhae31 on Mar 14, 2014 wrote:
You literally just admitted that you do puppetting. Therefore your character is indeed a puppet.
You can't get angry with people calling you something if you admit that is what you are. And the whole point of this post was to encourage people to be kind to each other, play fairly, and take defeat and/or wins gracefully.
No need to get huffy with everyone.
Amy is not a puppet she might had a 15 lvl over the life wizard but the others was doing a puppet more the me a max with shadow magic that was life with a fire wizard that was night. So Amy didn't puppet in that match and my balance won the match because of the fire wizard healed the max wizard.

See you around the spiral.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
kymma shadow on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:
Amy is not a puppet she might had a 15 lvl over the life wizard but the others was doing a puppet more the me a max with shadow magic that was life with a fire wizard that was night. So Amy didn't puppet in that match and my balance won the match because of the fire wizard healed the max wizard.

See you around the spiral.
Just because the other team puppets does not mean that you are not a puppet. If you are on a team with someone much lower than yourself, then your team is a puppet team, no matter what levels your opponents are.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2012
77
kymma shadow on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:
Amy is not a puppet she might had a 15 lvl over the life wizard but the others was doing a puppet more the me a max with shadow magic that was life with a fire wizard that was night. So Amy didn't puppet in that match and my balance won the match because of the fire wizard healed the max wizard.

See you around the spiral.
Can someone translate this please? I honestly have no idea. Something like, "Amy was 15 lvls over the life wizard she was battling, and I was doing puppetting but in my defense the other team was doing it more than me and they should be blamed instead of me because they were higher lvls"??
I think that's what it means.
And, if so, you just admitted to puppetting- Again.

It makes no difference whether or not the other team was doing it; it's your job as a fair player to not resort to underhanded dealings just to win. If they choose to do so, that's their own fault and offense. Let them do it because they obviously play dirty; but we all know that those who win by cheating didn't really win at all.
Point is, don't cheat or puppet because someone else is. It makes it so much better for us all round in the end.

-Calamity Deathbringer, Grandmaster Necromancer

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
I ask the warlords on wizard101 what was puppetting. And they said if you are 20 lvl over your team mate it is puppetting and over that lvl. So Amy didn't puppet in that match because they the life wizard was close to her lvl. The other team did do puppetting by the warlords say.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Aaron SpellThief on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:
Just because the other team puppets does not mean that you are not a puppet. If you are on a team with someone much lower than yourself, then your team is a puppet team, no matter what levels your opponents are.
Amy lvl 79 And was fighting with a life wizard on her team that was only 15 lower I might be wrong because I'm guessing.

The max life wizard with shadow strike was puppetting with and she was a life wizard.
And the fire wizard should have attacked me first before he healed the max life wizard.
That how my balance won the match.

So the life wizard on my team I think he was lvl 64 but didn't have all waterworks gear on.

So can you stop calling Amy a puppet please thanks you.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
ellhae31 on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:
Can someone translate this please? I honestly have no idea. Something like, "Amy was 15 lvls over the life wizard she was battling, and I was doing puppetting but in my defense the other team was doing it more than me and they should be blamed instead of me because they were higher lvls"??
I think that's what it means.
And, if so, you just admitted to puppetting- Again.

It makes no difference whether or not the other team was doing it; it's your job as a fair player to not resort to underhanded dealings just to win. If they choose to do so, that's their own fault and offense. Let them do it because they obviously play dirty; but we all know that those who win by cheating didn't really win at all.
Point is, don't cheat or puppet because someone else is. It makes it so much better for us all round in the end.

-Calamity Deathbringer, Grandmaster Necromancer
Thank you Calamity, this seems a correct assessment as far as I can tell.

But everyone, please, let's not hijack this thread and make it about puppetting. This thread is about Chivalry,there is another thread about puppetting if people want to pursue that line there.

It may also help not to get too exasperated about posts that come from an apparently young and not fully developed logic. Sometimes it takes people time to grow into a reasonable understanding. Patient explanation and education may only be planting seeds, that will later come to fruition.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2012
77
FinnAgainWindrider on Mar 17, 2014 wrote:
Thank you Calamity, this seems a correct assessment as far as I can tell.

But everyone, please, let's not hijack this thread and make it about puppetting. This thread is about Chivalry,there is another thread about puppetting if people want to pursue that line there.

It may also help not to get too exasperated about posts that come from an apparently young and not fully developed logic. Sometimes it takes people time to grow into a reasonable understanding. Patient explanation and education may only be planting seeds, that will later come to fruition.
Well said, sir; and with grace too.
Kudos to you.

-Calamity Deathbringer, Grandmaster Necromancer

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
119
AmberRavenSong7 on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
I have an idea. Why don't we all start trying to act with some Chivalry around here. No more complaining when you lose or boasting when you win. No more exploiting glitches or calling names. Accept that PvP is part skill and Part Luck. It really is. If you really want to be a warlord, just keep playing, you will get there. Cheating or being hurtful to other wizards isn't going to help anything. Especially those of us that are Warlords or near, lets show the lower ranks what Chivalry really means. Win and lose with grace, have fun, be cool!

Amber Raven Song, 95Warlord
Agreed! Those who cheat and use any way possible so they can win are just dirty players with no respect and those players who are warlords and pvp against others to purposely make sure the others can't rank are corrupt with power... I attempted PVP in the 1st age, and didn't do so well... When I watch a friend in a PVP match, I sometimes give them a warning of what spell is coming their way but I often to not get it to them quick enough... I do look at the opponent's stats, but only so I can see the power they have... I tend to host PVP matches against friends at my houses and I have 2 rules that must be followed:

NO treasure cards are to be used, only normal spells (Pet spells do count as normal spells, as they are given to you by your pet)...

NO whining and complaining when you loose a match, be a good sport, admit you lost or just had better luck and tell the other team good game...

If I find one of these rules being broken, I will give you a warning that you shouldn't do it again otherwise you will not be welcome back to participate in any future matches... If I find it being broken a second time by the same person, it does not matter if it is in the middle of the fight or not, I will send them away and tell them the reason... As long as they apologize, they will be welcome back otherwise they may go find their own house to battle at...

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Fighting at a house gives you nothing good and I wouldn't try to win it is boring to fight at a house less it can count as a rank pvp match then it will be nice. And I agree about warlords that are doing rank pvp are bullies. That are keeping private from ranking up. Just for a warning tell them they need to stop being bullies because bullies never last long. And Amy doesn't like people to part away from her in a rank pvp match. Play fair without tc cards or don't play at all.

To me that will be fair enough in rank pvp

Amy lvl 86 And stop calling her names please thanks you and see you around the spiral.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
kymma shadow on Mar 19, 2014 wrote:
Fighting at a house gives you nothing good and I wouldn't try to win it is boring to fight at a house less it can count as a rank pvp match then it will be nice. And I agree about warlords that are doing rank pvp are bullies. That are keeping private from ranking up. Just for a warning tell them they need to stop being bullies because bullies never last long. And Amy doesn't like people to part away from her in a rank pvp match. Play fair without tc cards or don't play at all.

To me that will be fair enough in rank pvp

Amy lvl 86 And stop calling her names please thanks you and see you around the spiral.
If you want people to stop calling you names, you have to stop calling other people names yourself. To be sure, you get a lot of responses to your posts -- but how many of them are positive responses? Not many. Why is that? Look at what you are saying. What goes around comes around. If you want to get something good, you also have to give out goodness to others.

You just called warlords "bullies" and insulted people who do PVP at their houses saying it "gives you nothing good" and is "boring." You accuse people who use tc of not playing fair, and complain about people porting away as if it is an insult to you. It isn't. They just want to move on to the next thing. But when you verbally attack people like that, they get upset. It does not feel good.

Really Kymma, wake up and read your own posts. I -- and many others on these boards -- are trying to respond to you in a thoughtful way. But you need to look at what you yourself are saying, and get a little more kindness and a lot less judgment. I tried to give you kudos for your earlier apology -- but then you turn right around and start name-calling and insulting and blaming again. Did it occur to you that this thread is about being Chivalrous? What can you say that is a positive contribution to the discussion? What can you say that notices something good about other players? What can you say that shows honor, and self-responsibility, and respect? That is what this thread is about. Give it a try.

Champion
Feb 29, 2012
488
kymma shadow on Mar 19, 2014 wrote:
Fighting at a house gives you nothing good and I wouldn't try to win it is boring to fight at a house less it can count as a rank pvp match then it will be nice. And I agree about warlords that are doing rank pvp are bullies. That are keeping private from ranking up. Just for a warning tell them they need to stop being bullies because bullies never last long. And Amy doesn't like people to part away from her in a rank pvp match. Play fair without tc cards or don't play at all.

To me that will be fair enough in rank pvp

Amy lvl 86 And stop calling her names please thanks you and see you around the spiral.
Kymma, you are assuming a great many things.

The first is that all Warlords are the same. It's true that there are some quite nasty pieces of work in the batch, believe me, I've faced my share of them, but most of them are kind and will give people tips is they ask. Heck, one of my best friends is a Warlord. I've learned all I know in PvP trickery from her. In turn, I've helped to pass what I've learned on to others who ask.

Bullying is repeated abuse against someone. MOST Warlords are not bullies. They win because they take in the opponent that they are facing and plan accordingly. For example, I'm facing a Life. My immediate plan is to summon a minion to drag out the fight, to wear them down. They'll be forced to heal or kill my minion, in which case I can summon another minion or wait and watch the minion drag down their health. If their pips become worrying I'll absorb shield/tower shield myself before they attack. My strategy changes when I face a myth though. If I'm facing another Myth I hope like heck that I'm going first, because I need minion control. I'll attack as soon as possible to force them away from their pips. I'll remember to carry enchantments in my side deck to use as emergency minion killer spells.

Winning isn't just treasure cards. I have to know when to use them, if I even need to use them and what purpose they'll serve. Knowing that takes skill, and, admittedly, I need luck. If I'm going second, I can only hope that it goes like one of my best matches. (I was going second and the guy's killing spell fizzled 5 times in a row. If that's not luck, I don't know what it is.)

That being said, I have lost to privates. My own ego is my downfall. I'll underestimate them and fall for relatively easy to counter tricks. The thing is though, I try not to complain or gripe. They won fair and square. I'll just adjust my strategy and go on, taking with me another lesson in PvP.

Second, fighting at a house gains you nothing because of the fact that anyone, any level can join. Sure, matches where the participants are decided beforehand occur fairly often, but in PvP parties and the like mistakes can happen. Were a low leveled Warlord to lose to a higher level Private because the Private joined when somebody else should have, tempers would flare.

With that said, I wish you luck in ranking up. High level PvP is a nightmare for me at the moment and I'm not willing to try it until I've managed to craft myself some block boots. (You'd think getting 5 pieces of turquoise would be easy, but... )

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Scarlet Nightdream... on Mar 19, 2014 wrote:
Kymma, you are assuming a great many things.

The first is that all Warlords are the same. It's true that there are some quite nasty pieces of work in the batch, believe me, I've faced my share of them, but most of them are kind and will give people tips is they ask. Heck, one of my best friends is a Warlord. I've learned all I know in PvP trickery from her. In turn, I've helped to pass what I've learned on to others who ask.

Bullying is repeated abuse against someone. MOST Warlords are not bullies. They win because they take in the opponent that they are facing and plan accordingly. For example, I'm facing a Life. My immediate plan is to summon a minion to drag out the fight, to wear them down. They'll be forced to heal or kill my minion, in which case I can summon another minion or wait and watch the minion drag down their health. If their pips become worrying I'll absorb shield/tower shield myself before they attack. My strategy changes when I face a myth though. If I'm facing another Myth I hope like heck that I'm going first, because I need minion control. I'll attack as soon as possible to force them away from their pips. I'll remember to carry enchantments in my side deck to use as emergency minion killer spells.

Winning isn't just treasure cards. I have to know when to use them, if I even need to use them and what purpose they'll serve. Knowing that takes skill, and, admittedly, I need luck. If I'm going second, I can only hope that it goes like one of my best matches. (I was going second and the guy's killing spell fizzled 5 times in a row. If that's not luck, I don't know what it is.)

That being said, I have lost to privates. My own ego is my downfall. I'll underestimate them and fall for relatively easy to counter tricks. The thing is though, I try not to complain or gripe. They won fair and square. I'll just adjust my strategy and go on, taking with me another lesson in PvP.

Second, fighting at a house gains you nothing because of the fact that anyone, any level can join. Sure, matches where the participants are decided beforehand occur fairly often, but in PvP parties and the like mistakes can happen. Were a low leveled Warlord to lose to a higher level Private because the Private joined when somebody else should have, tempers would flare.

With that said, I wish you luck in ranking up. High level PvP is a nightmare for me at the moment and I'm not willing to try it until I've managed to craft myself some block boots. (You'd think getting 5 pieces of turquoise would be easy, but... )
Could you help Amy my balance wizard in rank pvp she's losing a lot. And I only did puppetting ones and I got the other team warlord to help the storm wizard that was very low. And my balance never attack in that match.

It was to get others wizards to notice him.

Amy lvl 86 Now and she will like help and sorry for one puppetting match I did.

Champion
Feb 29, 2012
488
kymma shadow on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
Could you help Amy my balance wizard in rank pvp she's losing a lot. And I only did puppetting ones and I got the other team warlord to help the storm wizard that was very low. And my balance never attack in that match.

It was to get others wizards to notice him.

Amy lvl 86 Now and she will like help and sorry for one puppetting match I did.
I can try. I won't be able to offer the best advice for higher level PvP, but if you want help I'd be glad to help you. Would you like to meet up in-game sometime on Sunday-Tuesday? I'm in Eastern Standard time zone, so I should be able to meet up with you at some point on one of those days.

Explorer
Dec 23, 2010
52
AmberRavenSong7 on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
To be fair, there is a strategic advantage in not saying gg. Many times I have ported away quickly and not said a word just to face that opponent four more times, or more. If I had said gg they would know my gear. Many of these people have become my friends because we talk After a match, but as a rule, I don't "gg" I think it's also important to note that sometimes "gg" is used in a rude and aggressive way, such as saying it before the spell has even hit the opponent. Trust me, don't ever assume, it's never over until it's over. Many a match has been won with less than ten health left. I prefer to use emoticons to convey my good intent such as "wave" and "bow" that way my secrets stay with me until I am ready to show them.

Amber Raven Song, 95 Warlord
They can always click you right after the match before you leave.

I always check stats after the game. There's no secret anywhere.

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
I just want help with my balance wizard that all I want.

Amy lvl 86 I'm don't want to start over with her in Dino world right now if I have to I will get her higher lvl.

And I don't like using tc. So can you help me.

And in real life I like to drink monster. Maybe I should bug other wizards in rank pvp.
To make them laugh. I will even act like a cat or kitty will that make them laugh?

Meow meow :) see you later warlords.

Champion
Feb 29, 2012
488
kymma shadow on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
I just want help with my balance wizard that all I want.

Amy lvl 86 I'm don't want to start over with her in Dino world right now if I have to I will get her higher lvl.

And I don't like using tc. So can you help me.

And in real life I like to drink monster. Maybe I should bug other wizards in rank pvp.
To make them laugh. I will even act like a cat or kitty will that make them laugh?

Meow meow :) see you later warlords.
Yes, but when do you want to meet up? I have to set aside time to meet up with you and I have to know if I can do it, as I have school and chores to do at home. I have to know when to set aside time for the game. (That will give me an excuse to procrastinate. )

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
210
yes Kymma, I will gladly help you. there are some awesome strategies for us balance wizards that i will be happy to share. look for me at my balance house, it is listed in the tours under maze. Peace

Amber Raven Song, Max Warlord

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
226
Thanks you and I mostly on at night now.

I'm hardly on at day now. One Warlord try to help me but it didn't do that good he was a low lvl warlord though or I didn't do that well. Any ways thanks you for trying in rank pvp but still having trouble.

Amy lvl 87 She doesn't have loremasters spell yet I try a lot of times to get a spell from the loremaster but failed 4 or 5 times so should I lvl up to lvl 79 to get her new spell or no?

And sorry for calling names on here. And I would like to become a warlord even if I have to become a tc user. If I do become warlord with tc I will call my self TC Warlord. Just don't know how when to use a tc card though.

And I'm really sorry If I called anyone fake on this post.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
210
Hey thats OK Kymma. Thanks for apologizing, i forgive you. I will continue to check my balance house to see if i can run into you. If i see you spinning there i will send you a friend request. I recommend that you continue farming for the loremaster spell until you get it. It is quite worth it. I will look for you there as well. We can get you to Warlord, I am sure of it. For now, take a PvP break and get your hands on that spell before returning. We will talk more in game (I hope)


Amber Raven Song, Max Warlord