Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

cheaters in pvp = good bye to me

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
4
I am making this to say that i am quitting this great game due to the overly consistant use of people that rely entirely on treasure cards in pvp. these people dont use there own powers but instead rely on a friend to make them spells they should never have for there schools or are way above there levels. how is this right? i spend all my time getting all these cool spells for my shcool only and some level tenth has the same ones? how is that right? :? I have seen treasure everything in pvp and most of the time they are people who dont use a single ONE of there spells. They only use a few treasures ranging from only annoying treasure shields to treasure judgements treasure scarecrows treasure orthrus wild bolts, the list is long and they are all spells that are school only and are not fair to have in pvp if you use them other whys. post here if you agree that treasures should be banned in pvp and if your going to quit. O and for the people who say treasures shouldnt be banned your just one of these people who have to rely on them. I am completely fed up with seeing low levels reach ranks way above mine without useing one of there spells while i stick to what i got and try as hard i can to hang in there against the odds. :?

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
4
i changed my mind about quitting i got a little off key with my recent losing streak to treasure cheaters ....... lol. post here if you agree though so we can make it well known k everyone?

Survivor
May 24, 2009
20
I agree, mostly. I think there should be treasure cards, but I think they should be limited. To a reasonable amount, of course. Ten, perhaps?

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
Then why is it fair for you to kick their behind with spells big for their lvl?
This one person used the lvl 42 storm spell (forgot what it was called), and they were only in their like 20s. It was probably that they got a treasure card form DS or something. Geez, hang in there! Just because they have powerful spells, doesnt mean for you to quit the game! Its like me getting defeated and saying "Oh well, bye bye wizard101. I am done with you!"



Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 42 Master sorcerer

Defender
May 28, 2009
176
First of all it's not cheating. If the game lets you do it, its game legal. If you are being beaten then it is time to rethink strategy. It is not time to post messages about treasure card users being cheaters. They are not cheaters anymore than you are a cheater when you use a Life spell to heal yourself. Not everybody wants to stay school specific. They are giving up their power pips if they are using treasures from other schools so I suggest that you take advantage of that. Build up pips and when they waste ALL of their pips in a single turn then you strike and you will have enough pips to strike with at least two 7 pip spells in a row. Make them hurt when they cant do anything about it. I only carry a select few treasure cards so that I can heal my teammates or add additional blades and traps but I don't have a problem with other people using them because I think it puts them at a severe disadvantage.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
9
Zigmon wrote:
First of all it's not cheating. If the game lets you do it, its game legal. If you are being beaten then it is time to rethink strategy. It is not time to post messages about treasure card users being cheaters. They are not cheaters anymore than you are a cheater when you use a Life spell to heal yourself. Not everybody wants to stay school specific. They are giving up their power pips if they are using treasures from other schools so I suggest that you take advantage of that. Build up pips and when they waste ALL of their pips in a single turn then you strike and you will have enough pips to strike with at least two 7 pip spells in a row. Make them hurt when they cant do anything about it. I only carry a select few treasure cards so that I can heal my teammates or add additional blades and traps but I don't have a problem with other people using them because I think it puts them at a severe disadvantage.


Lol. I can't agree more. I laugh so hard when people ask me to not use healing cards because they always lose. Whose fault is that? I had a guy ask me once to not use any buffs or debuffs too, said he just wanted to see cool monsters. That made me laugh so hard.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
5
At the least they should limit treasure cards so you can only use cards for your level (ie stop a lvl 16 from using stormzilla). I would also be happy if they changed it slightly so blades/debuffs don't stack with the school ones. I keep thinking of necro's that cast their +40% blade, then use the same spell as a treasure card and stack +45% more, then do the same with debuffs on me builds up 4 pips and doubles the damage they can do with one attack.

I don't use treasure cards, not because I think I'm taking the high road or something, I'm just too cheap/lazy to go buy them. I've never really had an issue with them, my deck is built strong enough to hold my own. I would prefer to get rid of them in PvP because I am a big advocate of character building, and treasure cards render that useless since anyone can use anything instead of forcing people to think about what schools they should pick.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2008
73
The bottom line is that there are some players out there that MAKE treasure cards and give them to their friends or to their other characters. I don't have a real issue with treasure cards BUT I still feel that they should be level dependant. This means for example that a LOW level wizard can't use a card that a higher level wizard class had to be in order to obtained it. For example the balance spell Super Nova spell is obtained by the balance wizard at level 48 and should be classified as a level 48 spell. ANY wizard 47 or less SHOULD NOT be able to use this card (gold or not) at all. This is my suggestion to fixing the gold card issue. (ALL cards should have what level it is when it is first obtained and any wizard below that level CAN'T use the spell card at all.)

Of course those POWER GAMERS out there won't like my idea as stated above; but this solution will help motivate the lower level players to make levels so they have access to using gold cards beyond their level.

Just my 2 cents,
Dustin Dragonsword (Grandmaster Fire Wizard)

Defender
May 28, 2009
176
WarlockWiz wrote:
For example the balance spell Super Nova spell is obtained by the balance wizard at level 48 and should be classified as a level 48 spell. ANY wizard 47 or less SHOULD NOT be able to use this card (gold or not) at all.


I'm sorry but I really must disagree with this concept. One of the very big arguments for leaving treasure cards in the arena is so that lower level wizards will be able to compete with higher level wizards. If the idea you laid out is implemented there will quickly be complaining that a level 35 who just made it to warlord is completely unable to compete against higher level warlords. Treasure cards level the playing field by allowing wizards who would not otherwise be able to cast a certain spell the opportunity to do so. AND the primary treasure cards that are getting the most complaints (e.g. Wild Bolt) don't take that long to get to. Honestly, from my perspective there is nothing wrong with the way that things are currently. I don't think that treasure cards should be limited in any way in the arena and I will be very disappointed if KI goes through with the "No Enchantment Treasure Trade" idea.

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
101
well they should not ban TREASURE CARDS.... or CRAFTED CARDS..... but they should remove the battle-made cards..... I mean COME ON! O am a grandmaster necromancer and while waiting in a rena a level 12 starts begging me to make him scarecrow cards? I meen he says all I need to od is cast keen eyes on them.... well I wouldnt do it..... I know they would use it cheaply... it is smal wizards who make big wizard friends who can make them strong treasure cards..... they should ban all of those cards BROUGHT IN!

Defender
May 29, 2009
196

I think Supercamper is on the right track. Don't back treasure cards or the creation and trading of treasure cards. That would be unfair to the people that just play PVE and don't participate in PVP.

And I agree with some of the previous posts, treasure cards help level the playing field among different levels. But it comes at a cost of power pips.

How about don't allow the use of user created treasure cards in PVP? If it's in the deck, just gray it out so you can't select it. KI obviously knows how to tell the different between self made cards and the other cards because they don't allow you to sell the self made treasure cards at the bazaar.

Now if you spent your hard earned gold buying the treasure card from a booster pack, library, or bazaar, I think that should be fine to use in the arena. You made an investment (in time, farming, crowns, etc.) to get that card.

SUPERCAMPER wrote:
well they should not ban TREASURE CARDS.... or CRAFTED CARDS..... but they should remove the battle-made cards..... I mean COME ON! O am a grandmaster necromancer and while waiting in a rena a level 12 starts begging me to make him scarecrow cards? I meen he says all I need to od is cast keen eyes on them.... well I wouldnt do it..... I know they would use it cheaply... it is smal wizards who make big wizard friends who can make them strong treasure cards..... they should ban all of those cards BROUGHT IN!

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
5
Why should the playing field be leveled out? The higher level wizard spent more time and energy getting to a higher level, he should have the advantage. I'm 35, don't use treasure cards, and rarely lose to higher level. I have 26 wins and 6 losses, 3 from before I put reshuffle in my deck and 2 because I fought with my father in 2v2 (he's not that good). The one person that beat me one on one was honestly better then me and I think she was about my level. Being higher should give an advantage, but it's not an instant win. One level 12 casting a kracken on another level 12 is an instant win. It doesn't level the playing field it puts the person who is willing to spend money in the best position.

I think to be fair it should be level based, and also I think treasure blades/shields shouldn't stack with school spells... I would love them removed, but that is just me and I know I'm not correct on that.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2008
6
I don't like people that use treasure cards in pvp's because they use treasure cards that are not at there lvl. Like with the tree a lvl 35 life kept using it in are duel.

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
203
ok sometimes I'm good at 1vs1 sometimes I'm not. There is cheaters, but the best thing to do is find a good team to play with. If your low level, wait until your able to get blades and traps from Niles the Balance tree. Also if your not good at pvp wait until you have Satyr at a higher level if your not life. Lol, I tried playing on my death and on my life but I think I'll wait until I get the blades for it, before I pvp on those again.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
320
i think its ok but at some angles its not.


a level 1 using helephant is DEFINATELY not right

Survivor
May 19, 2009
33
i dont use treasure cards to much i used one once or twice but thats not my point :? the point is fight against friends that dont like to use treasure cards then you wont worry but thats only practice in ranked dont ask me about it lol

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
52
You know its getting to the point where I dont want to read the forums anymore. Its filled with so called PVP players whinning and crying about losing, treasure card usage, or specific schools in general. It's getting really old. If you cant find a way to win in the arena, then dont PVP. Its a simple concept. I do not feel the need for players to announce they are leaving the game for a specific reason. One, the wizard society never knew you existed in the first place, and two who honestly cares.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
3
bladebane6 wrote:
i changed my mind about quitting i got a little off key with my recent losing streak to treasure cheaters ....... lol. post here if you agree though so we can make it well known k everyone?
Brian Lionfist-you are absolultly right i see these lvl 1 wizards competing with me because of wild bolt or tower shields.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
3
bladebane6 wrote:
i changed my mind about quitting i got a little off key with my recent losing streak to treasure cheaters ....... lol. post here if you agree though so we can make it well known k everyone?
=Brian Lionfist] i think treasure cards should be banned from pvp

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
3
Brian Lionfist-I agree i think pvp is a time to have fun and try to get to the highest rank,but some people in pvp dont care that if they use wild bolt or some cheap treasure card it ruins it for everyone else.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2009
1
I think that using treasure cards is not fair but a waist.
For one if they work you cant use them again.
they should use them for bosses in towers and stuff.
not pvp.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
47
hello all! my name is Jeffrey blue breeze level 50 thaumaturge! and i am a captain in pvp.

i completely agree with the person who made this post in the first place! i am sorry to say that to most of you who disagree. I am sure not all of you use them and probably don't pvp a lot so you are defending those who you think are correct because you have not witnessed this in your own personal handlings.

the point of a pvp match is to test YOUR strength not any other schools. I think you should only be able to use treasure cards of your own class in pvp but that's just me because i make some extra colossus's or frost giants in case i want to attack and i don't have any in hand. But i never use and other schools' spells except mine! so i do agree that all treasure spells that are not of your class should be unavailable for the time being! idk how that would work but i think it is a good decision.

tell me what you think and please justify your responses!

Survivor
Apr 13, 2009
15
heres your problem. you just want everyone to believe you so your not the only one who think all treasures should be banned. my death has a deck packed with treasure reshuffles cause he always runs out. and my storm has a lot of keen and reshuffle because storms accuracy sucks. now i bet you would do that for storm to. especally when your bolting someone with a keen on it. now i do have my balance known as a bolter, but only because my opponents use treasure, regular, and amulet tower shields first turn. and i never get power pips for a good judge attack. now here's how i think the treasure cards should work.

1. you can have other school treasures
2. the treasures you use depends on your level
3. blades can be used at any level
4. satyrs used by people lvl 20+
5. other good heals only used by lvl 30+
6. rank 2 spells (besides bolt) used by lvl 5+
7. rank 3 spells used by lvl 10 and up
8. ank 4 spells used by lvl 20d up
9. rank 5 spells (inclusing stormzilla) used by 30+
10. rank 6 spells (including triton, and all rank 7 spells) used by lvl 40+
11. bolt used by lvl 30+

NOTE: if you see a lvl 38 use triton, its because they have that card, becacause they have that spell, because storm gets triton at lvl 38
now honestly, someone who bolts and there lvl 5, is not right. but with the stormzilla/helephsnt at lvl 1, its probably from the 48 pets. WHICH IS ALLOWED
i also hear people complaining about "treasure judgements"
well that is allowed for any level. just so ya know ;) :) 8)

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
1
Look people if you say they were put there for a reason your right. BUT just cause they are there doesnt mean thats what they are for. Kings Isle didnt put them there so you could be level 5 and use wild bolt on everyone. They put them there so people could try out other spells without using a trainer point and to see if maybe they want to switch classes. One time use. thats all. If one of those people that goes and buys them well all i got to say is that why dont you be your own f****** school and stop stealing other cards. if you used Trainer Points to get it, fine but we know witch ones are treasures and witch ones are the real ones. We are not stupid and dont think for one second that i wont report you for spamming treasures the whole match cause your wrong. People who do it ruin the fun for everyone else. So thanks a lot noobs.

Survivor
Sep 29, 2008
2
TakObsidia wrote:
Heh.. treasure cards are in the game for a reason. It's not unfair or cheating or blah blah blah, it's part of the game. I don't use them in pvp and rarely against NPC's. They shouldn't be banned and who cares. Seriously, quit crying because you think you're doing it the "right" way when you're doing it the hard and retarded way.

The only unfair thing is a level 10 pvp'ing against a level 50. I've done it and tell me where's the fairness in that? But I don't go moaning and griping over what's in the game. Seriously...



really you go in ranked pvp and try to win this is annoying me to i like the cards but the wild blast and more stuff are use full but is getting to annoying

1