Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

CHAIN STUNNERS SHOULD BE BANNED?

2
AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 20, 2009
19
dcredindy wrote:
I know that most people who do 4v4 pvps know that sometimes you will run across Chain Stunners. Now if you dont know what chain stunners are listen carefully. Chain Stunners are pvp 3v3 or 4v4 teams who have at least 2 fire or myth ppl. They do the stun all spell on the other team so they can not even move over and over again until their storms or high attacking wizards can finish you off. This is not how pvp should be played and I think that their should be some punnishment for doing this. Do you think their should be?

WHAT DO YOU MEAN "this is not how pvp should be played" so do you mean it should be played with cheating and using cards they cheated to get, because i think it should be played fair and square with cards you got through the quests that you get at every 5 or so levels but if you want to cheat annd hack than fine but dont blame me if you are reported by everyone in sight and are banned and if you ban the people who are playing fairly and with a good strategy what yellow said is true if you want to avoid chain stunners than use the srategy yourself it woud work well if your myth fire or storm

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
18
jtip7 wrote:
dcredindy wrote:
I know that most people who do 4v4 pvps know that sometimes you will run across Chain Stunners. Now if you dont know what chain stunners are listen carefully. Chain Stunners are pvp 3v3 or 4v4 teams who have at least 2 fire or myth ppl. They do the stun all spell on the other team so they can not even move over and over again until their storms or high attacking wizards can finish you off. This is not how pvp should be played and I think that their should be some punnishment for doing this. Do you think their should be?

WHAT DO YOU MEAN "this is not how pvp should be played" so do you mean it should be played with cheating and using cards they cheated to get, because i think it should be played fair and square with cards you got through the quests that you get at every 5 or so levels but if you want to cheat annd hack than fine but dont blame me if you are reported by everyone in sight and are banned and if you ban the people who are playing fairly and with a good strategy what yellow said is true if you want to avoid chain stunners than use the srategy yourself it woud work well if your myth fire or storm


Where did you get the idea that i thought that it should be played with cheating?

I saying wizard 101 is getting rid of chain stunning so how is it not cheating?

Survivor
May 11, 2009
2
Pvp stuff like stuns should just be taken out and judgement should be a bit weaker because its too easy for them to win in 1v1 my wizard keeps getting to go against balance it isnt that fair :P

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
49
Chain stunning means that the other side gets no opportunity to cast a spell. It's equivalent to a basketball match where the other side gets to tie up the opposing team and start throwing the ball into the basket, racking up all the points. The opposing team that was tied up always loses and gets 0 points. I doubt spectators would be interested in watching these matches over and over when the outcome is predetermined from the start.

Moreover, teams would not want to play against teams that do this. The same is true in W101. Because of the chain stunning, hardly anyone that wasn't part of a chain stun team was even bothering with 4v4. Then, the chain stunners moved into 3v3 and 2v2 with the same kind of thing. People who were paying for time blocks of arena PvP of course didn't want to waste their money and time getting chain stunned, so this was a bit of a customer service issue.

Obviously, KI saw there was a problem with chain stunning, so a temporary fix was implemented. Chain stunning is/was detrimental to the community. But even the temporary fix has not stopped chain stunning because 3 myth and a storm can take turns stunning and using Earthquake to get all the stun blocks off.

Some people want chain stunners to lose their arena tickets because they were "stealing" tickets and rank. Chain stunning causes a lot of the fights and foul language in the arena. Chain stunning has angered many players.

I feel that giving players stun immunity would be the fastest way to solve the chain stunning problem. It's unfortunate because as some has stated, a stun can be used for strategic reasons, but stunning abuse has led to so many people getting upset and leaving that it would be best to just take stuns out of PvP. Once stuns don't work, chain stunning doesn't work as a strategy for anyone.

Explorer
May 22, 2009
94
(I do NOT chain stun, but I just want to defend it because it is a great strategy)

Alright, listen. You are making a bad comparrison with that. You can't just tie people in a basketball game. That would not be aloud, plus it BREAKS THE RULES. That's the big thing right there, thatit doesn't break any rule what so ever to chain stun. See my point there? Unless one player is cheating and casting ultiple spells in a turn, whatever they do is 100% valid and rule-abidding. Do you propose we delete stuns from the arena just because of a good strategy? What next? chain shielding in 1v1 so that you can barley do any damage? Shieliding then Judgement? Death spells going through abosrb? Come on, compare things right. If you have to compare this to basketball, its like the hall of fame playing the Nets. They still have a bit of a chance, but its very unlikely. But they arent cheating, they're just using a strategy that almost gurantees a win.

Alright, I see your point there. People don't want to fight chain stunners, and so they don't. If you really want to avoid them, go to 1v1, you're safe there. If people try to chain stun, it won't really work well right? Just lay off. Nobody wants to fight them, and nobody is forcing them to. Just deal with it if you go into 4v4. Its only a strategy and its only a game, its not like enemies are chain stunning or anything required is chain stunning.

Yes, KI did change it so that it was much harder to chain stun, but why? Why would anybody change it? Because people honestly didnt want to deal with a challenge. This is a kid's game, but its for kids 10 and up! By 10, you should be able to handle a challenge! This is also proven with dragonspyre, where they just made it easier. Come on, there is a chance to beat chain stunners. Just hope that a stun fizzles (I have a fire alt [I don't fight in the arena with him] and stun CAN fizzle!) and use your own stun to get a turn of relief, then just kinda attack.

Alright, so here you're saying basically because they used an amazing strategy, they should lose all their tickets and rank! Lets take a step back here, isn't that like cheating to say that you don't want to deal with them PLUS they should lose all arena stuff? That's outrageous, and completley bad. I don't know why anyyone would think of that. Should people that use wild bolt lose their arena everything? Should people that use jusdgement? SHOULD LIFE PEOPLE? No, so chain stunners shouldnt.

Alright, well, no. Just no. I can't believe KI would go any further on the chain stunning block. At worst, I think they should leave the 4 shield thing. But total immunity? Come on, if they want to chain stun now, it takes a ton of strategy and luck, so not exactly eay to chain stun, and its now 100% fair. Just deal with the fact that you can't win every battle, and move on. It's no like the arena is tied in with the main storyline or is essential to gameplay.

I was a bit opposed to chain stunning before when there were no shields, but no i am 100% for the strategy now that there are four. It isn't easy to chain stun i bet when there are 4 shields up. You need strategy now. So just lay off them, its not like this is stopping you from beating malistaire.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
33
I think chain stunning is unfair it gives the other team no other chance to attack. Luckily thanks to K.I they have made a temporary solution. So for now chain stunning is fixed. And the whole idea of three myth stunning and using earth quake while the storm attacks wont work since you need six pips to cast it.

Survivor
May 20, 2009
19

Where did you get the idea that i thought that it should be played with cheating?

I saying wizard 101 is getting rid of chain stunning so how is it not cheating?
they got the cards and are using the cards fair and square but there are noobs like you who complain wha it isnt fair when its 100% nothings wrong with it its noobs like YOU that complain and kingsisle gets rid of it because the dont want to lose custamers so just be quient and LOSE

Survivor
Jan 23, 2009
42
^ obviously people who don't know how to strategize would use chain stunning or spam dispells. People who are too afraid to actually pvp would use this. It's called pvp "player versus player" not player versus handicapped. No game ever doesn't let your opponent not hit at all. God forbid people your facing be able to hit. It's no longer pvp it's now who can see which team can handicap the other first. For all those say QQers get whatthey want only are telling us you use these things to win. Oh they are cards I can use them it's all fair. All bogus excuses. Everything else is fair but chain stun/earthquake being able to remove stun shields. Now let's see how many people attack this post for them being just cards and be able to use them... All the excuses are complete bull so save your waste of a post for a more intelligent answer.

Survivor
May 20, 2009
19
RiskYourLife wrote:
^ obviously people who don't know how to strategize would use chain stunning or spam dispells. People who are too afraid to actually pvp would use this. It's called pvp "player versus player" not player versus handicapped. No game ever doesn't let your opponent not hit at all. God forbid people your facing be able to hit. It's no longer pvp it's now who can see which team can handicap the other first. For all those say QQers get whatthey want only are telling us you use these things to win. Oh they are cards I can use them it's all fair. All bogus excuses. Everything else is fair but chain stun/earthquake being able to remove stun shields. Now let's see how many people attack this post for them being just cards and be able to use them... All the excuses are complete bull so save your waste of a post for a more intelligent answer.
there are a couple of things wong with what you said

1.Chain stunning is a strategy that is rely good
2.I know the ^ is meant for me heres the thing i'm balance cant stun balance doesnt and will never stun will never stun
3. it has nothing to do with being hadicapped yes they dont get a hit but they do have the possiblity they are constantly beig stopped not once and for the rest of the match they need to constantly stun
4. Your looking at it like its cheating which its not 100% fair you just lost without making a move and you say its cheating will its not cheating its 100% fair

Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
24
These stunning moves are legitimate moves created by KI for the game. Each school has their own strengths and weaknesses, and each player creates a strategy that best fits their particular situation in a battle. And if they have to use the chain stunning strategy to win and it best fits their situation than they should have the freedom to do so. If you take away any stunning spell it throws off the strategy that the players use to win, if you do this you have to take away Judgement from the Balance wizards because by using Judgement they create a strategy to win the battle, and you have to take away all healing spells from Life wizards because that is the basic strategy that has been fitted with the class, and you have to do a similar type modification to every class for PVP in order to keep all classes at their current level to make sure no class gets overpowered and no class gets nerfed (weakened). Wild Bolt, Judgement, healing spells, and the strategies that come with them are legitimate for the game, and therefore stunning and the strategies (Chain Stunning) that come with them are legitimate also and should be allowed.

Explorer
May 22, 2009
94
tommista wrote:
These stunning moves are legitimate moves created by KI for the game. Each school has their own strengths and weaknesses, and each player creates a strategy that best fits their particular situation in a battle. And if they have to use the chain stunning strategy to win and it best fits their situation than they should have the freedom to do so. If you take away any stunning spell it throws off the strategy that the players use to win, if you do this you have to take away Judgement from the Balance wizards because by using Judgement they create a strategy to win the battle, and you have to take away all healing spells from Life wizards because that is the basic strategy that has been fitted with the class, and you have to do a similar type modification to every class for PVP in order to keep all classes at their current level to make sure no class gets overpowered and no class gets nerfed (weakened). Wild Bolt, Judgement, healing spells, and the strategies that come with them are legitimate for the game, and therefore stunning and the strategies (Chain Stunning) that come with them are legitimate also and should be allowed.


Finally, someone that understands that chain stunners are just using a good strategy! And someone that sees that if chain stunning goes any further in the removal, then eventually the arena will only be using fire cats and myth bats.

Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
45
Cookiezofdoom wrote:
I know it annoying, But i heard people are gonna do
"Chain Fizzling" When 2 fire people use Smoke Screen but i didnt beleive that wont work since some people dont fizzle <_<

I do Chain Fizzling because I am a lvl 30 Balance and I can't stun. Balance Wizards get Black Mantle, which makes your opponent fizzle almost always. I have quite a few of them in my deck, so they appear often. I use them after one another to make my opponent fizzle for about 2-3 turns in a row.

GO BALANCE!!!

(Read this VERY closely.)
I don't think Chain Stuners should be banned, or get any kind of punishment whatsoever, even though I can't stun and I HATE getting Chain Stuned. Sure, people hate getting stuned, or Chain Stuned. It's just a strategy that someone made up to make the game easier for themself. Don't you all have a strategy of your own? Everyone should have a few. Banning or reporting someone for Chain Stuning would be like banning or reporting someone for making up their own strategies. Chain Fizzling and Chain Dispelling are just as bad, and easier to do because there are no Dispell Blocks or anything, and nobody ever makes a big deal about them. There are Stun Blocks, you know. Chain Fizzling, Dispelling and Stunning are all ways to take advantage of the rules, which is perfectly all right.

If you didn't understand anything I just said, read it again, but slower.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
23
Solution:

In pvp, when you try the stun after you stunned last round the card will be greyed out.

Survivor
May 20, 2009
19
trose318 wrote:
Cookiezofdoom wrote:
I know it annoying, But i heard people are gonna do
"Chain Fizzling" When 2 fire people use Smoke Screen but i didnt beleive that wont work since some people dont fizzle <_<

I do Chain Fizzling because I am a lvl 30 Balance and I can't stun. Balance Wizards get Black Mantle, which makes your opponent fizzle almost always. I have quite a few of them in my deck, so they appear often. I use them after one another to make my opponent fizzle for about 2-3 turns in a row.

GO BALANCE!!!

(Read this VERY closely.)
I don't think Chain Stuners should be banned, or get any kind of punishment whatsoever, even though I can't stun and I HATE getting Chain Stuned. Sure, people hate getting stuned, or Chain Stuned. It's just a strategy that someone made up to make the game easier for themself. Don't you all have a strategy of your own? Everyone should have a few. Banning or reporting someone for Chain Stuning would be like banning or reporting someone for making up their own strategies. Chain Fizzling and Chain Dispelling are just as bad, and easier to do because there are no Dispell Blocks or anything, and nobody ever makes a big deal about them. There are Stun Blocks, you know. Chain Fizzling, Dispelling and Stunning are all ways to take advantage of the rules, which is perfectly all right.

If you didn't understand anything I just said, read it again, but slower.


YAY another person gets it :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Finnaly i thought it was just me and yellow thinking common sense but now there is more YAY YAY YAY the whiners havent gotten to you HOORAY

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
8
MoniandDian4ever wrote:
Of course it should be banned. It is cheating not a strategy, not letting your oppenent have a chance is not fair. But oh well it is going to be fixed at 6:00 A.M. So sorry Chain Stunners your so called "strategy" has failed.
oh really, i'm one of those dudes who stun and use smoke screen alot but its a game, get over it, your not the best your gonna lose sometime or another

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
8
trose318 wrote:
Cookiezofdoom wrote:
I know it annoying, But i heard people are gonna do
"Chain Fizzling" When 2 fire people use Smoke Screen but i didnt beleive that wont work since some people dont fizzle <_<

I do Chain Fizzling because I am a lvl 30 Balance and I can't stun. Balance Wizards get Black Mantle, which makes your opponent fizzle almost always. I have quite a few of them in my deck, so they appear often. I use them after one another to make my opponent fizzle for about 2-3 turns in a row.

GO BALANCE!!!

(Read this VERY closely.)
I don't think Chain Stuners should be banned, or get any kind of punishment whatsoever, even though I can't stun and I HATE getting Chain Stuned. Sure, people hate getting stuned, or Chain Stuned. It's just a strategy that someone made up to make the game easier for themself. Don't you all have a strategy of your own? Everyone should have a few. Banning or reporting someone for Chain Stuning would be like banning or reporting someone for making up their own strategies. Chain Fizzling and Chain Dispelling are just as bad, and easier to do because there are no Dispell Blocks or anything, and nobody ever makes a big deal about them. There are Stun Blocks, you know. Chain Fizzling, Dispelling and Stunning are all ways to take advantage of the rules, which is perfectly all right.

If you didn't understand anything I just said, read it again, but slower.
yeah i'm a fire so maybe im a grand but doesnt mean i cant stick with smokescreen, its just a strategy and a clever way to win, i never win. to tell you the truth i hated smokescreen but when i lost ten times in a row, you get the picture
dont ban or report someone cause they use a chain of spells to get you, just think of a way to get them back, btw not me

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
18
jtip7 wrote:

Where did you get the idea that i thought that it should be played with cheating?

I saying wizard 101 is getting rid of chain stunning so how is it not cheating?
they got the cards and are using the cards fair and square but there are noobs like you who complain wha it isnt fair when its 100% nothings wrong with it its noobs like YOU that complain and kingsisle gets rid of it because the dont want to lose custamers so just be quient and LOSE


Dude why are you calling me a noob. I have a grand and a lvl 49. On my storm i am a warlord and i never chain stunned. Also i would not quit if they didnt change it. I am happy they changed it but i would have quit a long time ago if i was gonna quit at all.

And just to tell you why i am so against it is i was battling chain stunners. We lost. Then we made another pvp we met the same guys and lost again. We lost 35 points from to battles because of chain stunning.

2