Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chain Stunners are not very fair :(

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
how come they cant just band the cards just for pvp. when you use the stun card and the wildbolt thing for a quest those cards can be very useful.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
ThePieMaster wrote:
legolsk wrote:
chain stunners (e.x. alia) are proud of what they do, and they will not be stopped unless KI makes it illegal again. i do not think chain stunning should be legal, but it will not be stopped. it's just like bolting, KI is aware it's a problem, but nothing they can do

Illegal again??? They have done this before??? Also I don't want chain stunning banned... I just want it lowered in accuracy or something like 70% accuracy in pvp so they can't chain stun...
you seem to be the only wise here in this post besides me

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
spellwizboy wrote:
ThePieMaster wrote:
legolsk wrote:
chain stunners (e.x. alia) are proud of what they do, and they will not be stopped unless KI makes it illegal again. i do not think chain stunning should be legal, but it will not be stopped. it's just like bolting, KI is aware it's a problem, but nothing they can do

Illegal again??? They have done this before??? Also I don't want chain stunning banned... I just want it lowered in accuracy or something like 70% accuracy in pvp so they can't chain stun...
you seem to be the only wise here in this post besides me

Lowering the accuracy is not an ultimate solution. It may work but i dont think it will do much to resolve this issue. You can always use keen eyes, sniper, to bumped up the accuracy, so 70% can be 80%,85%, etc which is the accuracy of most spells anyways. IF bolt at a base 10% can be very effective, how much low you will lower the stun accuracy?

Here are my suggestions:
1. If you get stunned, a second stun on the same round does nothing, so the next round stun will just remove the stun block.
2. Make a stun like the heal over time spell, which means you cant be stunned again with the x number of rounds.
3. Bump up the pip requirement for choke and blinding light, make it 4 instead of 2.

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
Merekid wrote:
ThePieMaster wrote:
Ok just so you know it is not like I am going to quit the game or something. Also, I now realize that reporting could have ended badly. Another thing is that I can't use my stun block because the usually go first. I am really not upset I just believe that we need to fix this as soon as possible. I know it is just a game and so like I said it is not like I am going to stop playing the game forever for a stupid reason.

So your worried over them going first eh?
Does stun only hit one person?

If so, you can try.....
(drum roll)
Chain Shielding!

Get three other friends who have stun block.
Then ether learn stun block or get a treasure card....
Have everyone put block on the strongest player as many times as they can.

Hope this helps!

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 44 Balance/Ice
Sierra Mist
Aaron Dragoncoin
Antonio Lionheart
Baily Deathwalker

Chain shielding? Thats ridiculous and wouldn't work but as i am one of the chain stunners i hope it catches on.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
kylebe611 wrote:
Maybe a Stun Absorb possibly would be a solution? The problem with stun shields when dealing with chaining is either:

One: A myth wizard or someone else uses Earthquake before and after the stun.

Two: Choke & Blinding Light are used back to back to break all the stun shields.

However, if the shields lasted say, 3 Stuns, it wouldn't be so easy for them, now would it? You can even make them Earthquake proof like the absorbs you get from Rebirth!

Don't know if it helps, but I actually miss doing 4v4... :(

I miss 4v4 as well. :-( It's very very sad that now chain stunners rule 4v4. They are exploiting the rules, and yes, they are proud of it. KI, please, please do something about this. Imagine spending 40 minutes to get a match and then be stunned over and over by a team that has the nerve to gloat about their accomplishments! They ruin a facet of the game (4v4 especially) that used to be exciting and challenging for those of us who have finished questing. They have the mentality of playground bullies. In a game of this quality and caliber, they should not be allowed to do what they are doing. I pay for my subscription too, and I should be able to 4v4 with my friends.

Can we have two arenas, then? One with stun completely turned off? Yes, that hurts storm and ice somewhat, but I would rather do that than to lose 4v4 entirely. Or can stun have a cooldown on it? Once you cast stun, you can't cast it again for five minutes?

Gabrielle Goldleaf

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
Chain stunners are just people who are cheap and greedy. They play unfair. KI should make it Illegal because of that. How about makeing earthquake not beable to get rid of stun shields then make the stun shield no training points to get. What every happened to the fair players in wizard101

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
ok i know that i am very late on this topic but look at this. ok as a level 49 myth i have had my days of chain stunning then one day pay back, i was in battle chain stunning we were going first then out of no where (which can happen to anyone and really help when they stun too much) i fizzle!!!!!! Turns out the other team were chain stunners too and they had all 7 pips (some power pips) but my point is in battle when your facing chain stunners just sit and wait for someone to mess up they are bound to Oh and DONT call names perfect way to start a report war! - Gertymanny 8)

Defender
Mar 01, 2009
faxbot882 wrote:
people people we are not talking the use of on stun then the other team get a turn to either shield agaist stun or attack we ARE talking about chain stunners I lost count now how many matches this has happend to teams I was on We ARE talking about being stunned many times in a row with NO chance to shield or attack at ALL your team just stands there till they are killed end of story. One team I don't think I'm allowed to use real players names here but I think many know who I'm talking about she has two players with the same name being played by one person at the same time.
this team I reffer to stuns 8 times in a row yes thats EIGHT times the other teams cannot block shield or attack its become ridiculous in ranked pvp for those who wish to play a fair match your out of luck with teams such as this. Sad thing is this has somehow become the NORM now? Give players the option we demand and stop this NOW! I urge my fellow players to contact KI and tell them how you feel about this practice lets put and end to chain stunning for good. Thank you for this thread
Fallon grandmaster storm

man this is a GREAT thread! i dislike chain stunners and i only fought them ONCE and that was in RANKED! it was so annoying! i was waiting for my death hoping that it would be quick so that it would be over with. though i was annoyed enough to not say "gg" like i normally do and i did say "COWARDS!" which is what they are
Scarlet Redthorn grandmaster fire (i never thought about chain stunning before)(very annoyed about it)
Chris Deathbringer lvl 33 life

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
LetterBee wrote:
faxbot882 wrote:
people people we are not talking the use of on stun then the other team get a turn to either shield agaist stun or attack we ARE talking about chain stunners I lost count now how many matches this has happend to teams I was on We ARE talking about being stunned many times in a row with NO chance to shield or attack at ALL your team just stands there till they are killed end of story. One team I don't think I'm allowed to use real players names here but I think many know who I'm talking about she has two players with the same name being played by one person at the same time.
this team I reffer to stuns 8 times in a row yes thats EIGHT times the other teams cannot block shield or attack its become ridiculous in ranked pvp for those who wish to play a fair match your out of luck with teams such as this. Sad thing is this has somehow become the NORM now? Give players the option we demand and stop this NOW! I urge my fellow players to contact KI and tell them how you feel about this practice lets put and end to chain stunning for good. Thank you for this thread
Fallon grandmaster storm

man this is a GREAT thread! i dislike chain stunners and i only fought them ONCE and that was in RANKED! it was so annoying! i was waiting for my death hoping that it would be quick so that it would be over with. though i was annoyed enough to not say "gg" like i normally do and i did say "COWARDS!" which is what they are
Scarlet Redthorn grandmaster fire (i never thought about chain stunning before)(very annoyed about it)
Chris Deathbringer lvl 33 life

See this is what I am talking about, you're happily playing pvp and all of the sudden BOOM!!! You get caught in your very first chain stunner fight. You know you could cream them but they turn to cowards and start stunning... It is a problem KI or the players themselves need to fix. For other opinions about Chain Stunning you can go to this https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/17451.ftl#89995

Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
Ugh I have never faced chain stunners but can I ask a few questions.

1.Who the heck is Alia

2.[not real] where is s/he in real life

2.[THE real 2]is chain stunning that hard to defend

3.Where is the main stunner in Alia I can probably figure out their akilles heel[hades did it why cant I ]

4.Has Chainstunning ever been illegal[I want to hear the gloriful peacful days]

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
PvP has been reduced to who ever go's first will most likely win because of chain stunners.
If KI take's a close look at PvP they may just find out that4v4 and 3v3 PvP match's has dropped big time.
I really wish i could come up with some way to fix the problem's in PvP .
I really did enjoy PvP win or lose I still had fun playing, but now I will not play any more there's no fun in just standing there waatching my guy get stunned over an over an over again just so someone else can rank up and I lose rank because of stunning,

YAY iam stunned WOOHOO OH LOOK STUNNED AGAIN YAY OH WOW STUNNED AGAIN WOW THIS IS FUN!!! :-p YEA RIGHT!

Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
I see only one solution to chain stunning. It makes perfect sense to. Look at the bosses. Can any of them be stunned? Can you stun Malistaire? No. Bosses are immune to stunning, why aren't characters? Especially grandmasters. Or put in an item that provides stun immunity. One that is bought with arena tickets.