Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Careful how you act when your a warlord!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
Typically, when I see one of my friends and he/she is of high ranking, they don't care about their friends at all. I have seen plenty of people totally ignore their friends when their asking for help, not even giving a reason. They will just stay in the pvp arena, all day long... while you have 15 health and your desperate... I was helping a friend doing the marlybone cheating dungeon, and then a high ranked pvp guy texted me why was i in that dungeon, i said i was helping my friend, he acted like that wasn't a good reason to be in there. I srsly hardly could believe what i heard. I've tried to keep a policy where I help people as much as possible, typically not for reward, but IT'S THE RIGHT THING. Higher ranked players typically are arrogant, mostly storm, tend to not be team players with lower ranks, and the judge you by your rank.
I was high rank once... but it's gone now and i think it's better that way, cause then I'm not in the pvp arena so much and I can respond quickly if i'm needed by friends. Just saying guys, you high ranking players out there, be helpful and friendly to your private friends because, you logically can, and it's the right thing to do.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2010
emilo wrote:
Typically, when I see one of my friends and he/she is of high ranking, they don't care about their friends at all. I have seen plenty of people totally ignore their friends when their asking for help, not even giving a reason. They will just stay in the pvp arena, all day long... while you have 15 health and your desperate... I was helping a friend doing the marlybone cheating dungeon, and then a high ranked pvp guy texted me why was i in that dungeon, i said i was helping my friend, he acted like that wasn't a good reason to be in there. I srsly hardly could believe what i heard. I've tried to keep a policy where I help people as much as possible, typically not for reward, but IT'S THE RIGHT THING. Higher ranked players typically are arrogant, mostly storm, tend to not be team players with lower ranks, and the judge you by your rank.
I was high rank once... but it's gone now and i think it's better that way, cause then I'm not in the pvp arena so much and I can respond quickly if i'm needed by friends. Just saying guys, you high ranking players out there, be helpful and friendly to your private friends because, you logically can, and it's the right thing to do.

It sounds to me like you need a different class of "friend". Just because someone has high rank within the Arena means nothing within the scope of PvE. That "Warlord" may not KNOW the cheats in the Marley Warehouse and was afraid to say something. Don't assume that high rank in the Arena = proficiency in all other areas of the game.

I have high ranked Warlords and yet I find the time to quest my other wizards, help friends, help stranger, farm for gold or gear, pet train, garden, etc. etc. etc.

Rank doesn't make a person better, the attitude of the person makes the rank worthwhile.

Casandra DragonHeart, Legendary Theurgist x2/Legendary Pryomancer/Legendary Diviner/Legendary Necromancer/Legendary Sorcerer/Legendary Conjurer
Member of TPC
Member of Mercs for Hire

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
My best friend was lower rank than me, I was a knight and she knew nothing about pvp, so I decided to help a friend with pvp. She basically knew nothing but, we did good because she was storm (legend) and I was balance (grandmaster.) I was part storm so I used windstorms and traps. I also was able to cast balance blade, hex, blade storm, elemental spells, etc. I got her up to a sergeant, because once in a while we faced commanders with low rank noobs. It was not so easy but she just started to 1v1, she did pretty good. Now she is a warlord, I feel proud though I ranked down quite a bit to a private. So we kinda don't speak to each other with pvp, though she can be nice.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010

I recently had to drop a friend from my list that I've known for over a year!
He showed me the ropes of the game, and how to PvP effectively.
Warlord mentality got the better of him.

Alex, you were a cool dude. It's too bad you abandoned your old crew, and ignored the ones who were always there when you needed help. I owe you a lot when it comes to PvP. I was once your 'student', but now I'm your equal, and I'm coming for your belt, old pal..

See you in the game, eventually

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
What you don't realize is that a lot of people who pvp don't want to level - and if they come help you they WILL level.

plus

if they have pvp gear on, they have no mana - and warlords almost always are in pvp gear if they are in the arena

Additionally

people who spend all day in the arena aren't interested in the rest of the game. They want to pvp and that's it.

Bottom line is: Make friends that pvp for when you want to pvp with friends and make friends with people that play the rest of the game for when you're out on the game and need help.

you wouldn't complain if one of your non-pvp type friends didn't want to join you for a pvp match, so don't complain if your pvp friends don't want to come out onto the game and rescue you.

Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
What you don't realize is that a lot of people who pvp don't want to level - and if they come help you they WILL level.

plus

if they have pvp gear on, they have no mana - and warlords almost always are in pvp gear if they are in the arena

Additionally

people who spend all day in the arena aren't interested in the rest of the game. They want to pvp and that's it.

Bottom line is: Make friends that pvp for when you want to pvp with friends and make friends with people that play the rest of the game for when you're out on the game and need help.

you wouldn't complain if one of your non-pvp type friends didn't want to join you for a pvp match, so don't complain if your pvp friends don't want to come out onto the game and rescue you.

This doesn't apply for the most part, simply because i would only ask fellow lvl 60 and their armor is better than veteran/commander gear. On top of that, i don't mind if they don't want to enter, and i try to help them out as soon as possible. They just ignore you, and many cruel warlords are found outside of pvp, so that totally kills to make friends when your outside of pvp and when they pvp with you. High ranking pvp have some attitude and you haven't done anything to change my mind.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Hi. As a level 60 storm wizard, I give you my guarantee that not all storms are twisted bullies xD. Now, I'm not a high ranked arena duelist, but I am proficient enough to take down people of any rank and school. Lest they be ice warlords, those guys I tend to have trouble with lol. This may not make me high ranked, but, it proves that profficiency in pvp does not breed cruelty. I also know several very friendly high ranked duelists, and keep their names in the "starred" section of my friends list. Though, I have run across the occasional arena-goer with a bit of a hot-headed attitude. My vote on the high ranks: Not Guilty xD

Cya in the Spiral,

Paul Stormglade, level 60 Storm Sergeant I:

Squire
Mar 07, 2011

You know what would be really handy? Having another colored star for your friends list. One could represent your PvP friends, and another could represent all your other friends. People who love PvP tend to spend a lot of time at it, but until Zafaria came out, there really was no PvE to be had, unless you felt like doing WW or Helephant Tower.

I personally would also like a red star on my friends list for "Friends on Notice", but not deleted yet.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
My life girl, Caroline Sunbright, used to be with 3 other friends in PvP months ago but then we stopped. I am with you on this whole warlord mistreating people thing!

Explorer
Dec 16, 2009