Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

burning rampage needs to be nerfed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 29, 2018
20
One time use in a pvp battle makes that spell worthless to even get or use.
And what about those who already have it?
That be a slap in the face and people really will leave the game for such a terrible move.

FyI any spell 4 pips or lower can easy be spammed by anyone

Spam is gonna happen, but with loremaster the mantle really lowers your chance for any move to be done which is why I suggested moved to 5 pips, removing mantle would be just as effective

Buring ramage needs to be dot that hurts you every round instead of full damage towards end.

Their is no better solution but than that.
For those wanting no change sorry but exploting a spell card clearly op in the game does not make you good no way shape or form especially if that's your only strategy.

People ask for balance in pvp, people need to be prepared to what's gonna happen by notcontradicting themselves later saying the card useless.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2018
34
Oreo920a on Oct 24, 2019 wrote:
One time use in a pvp battle makes that spell worthless to even get or use.
And what about those who already have it?
That be a slap in the face and people really will leave the game for such a terrible move.

FyI any spell 4 pips or lower can easy be spammed by anyone

Spam is gonna happen, but with loremaster the mantle really lowers your chance for any move to be done which is why I suggested moved to 5 pips, removing mantle would be just as effective

Buring ramage needs to be dot that hurts you every round instead of full damage towards end.

Their is no better solution but than that.
For those wanting no change sorry but exploting a spell card clearly op in the game does not make you good no way shape or form especially if that's your only strategy.

People ask for balance in pvp, people need to be prepared to what's gonna happen by notcontradicting themselves later saying the card useless.
I disagree honestly I rather loremaster mantle get removed and stay at 4 pips and lose 200 damage so others so it will be a really fair to all and burning rampage instead of only having 2 overtime put it with 3 overtime make it a 4 pips spell.

First hit does 600 damage and 3 overtime do 200 damage per around.

I think that will make it fair to both sides.

Angel LifeHeart wants mantle remove and put loremaster at 5 pips and that doesn't work any my book.

That will make Fire wizards 1st Ice 2nd 3rd storm 4th myth 5th death 6th life 7th balance so they would be last because of loremaster at 5 pips.

and right now I say they are 4th place for right now.

Kingsisle please keep loremaster at 4 pips and lower the damage to 200 and remove the mantle so you will get more players keep on playing there second favorite wizard.

be always family friendly to others players.

P:S:

Think about others and not just yours self.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2407
Oreo920a on Oct 24, 2019 wrote:
One time use in a pvp battle makes that spell worthless to even get or use.
And what about those who already have it?
That be a slap in the face and people really will leave the game for such a terrible move.

FyI any spell 4 pips or lower can easy be spammed by anyone

Spam is gonna happen, but with loremaster the mantle really lowers your chance for any move to be done which is why I suggested moved to 5 pips, removing mantle would be just as effective

Buring ramage needs to be dot that hurts you every round instead of full damage towards end.

Their is no better solution but than that.
For those wanting no change sorry but exploting a spell card clearly op in the game does not make you good no way shape or form especially if that's your only strategy.

People ask for balance in pvp, people need to be prepared to what's gonna happen by notcontradicting themselves later saying the card useless.
Pushing for a spell to be changed just to accommodate PvP players is unfair to the PvE community. Both spells work very well in PvE. There is no reason to change them after players have gone through the trouble to acquire them.

Loremaster is a crafted spell unless you are fortunate enough to get it through farming. Burning Rampage is a Shadow spell that is EARNED by completing the require quest. It is beyond fair to ask PvE players to just bite the bullet and accept changes to those spells for PvP.

Spamming is always going to happen. But that is no reason to just change everything because you don't like the results.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
458
DragonLady1818 on Oct 25, 2019 wrote:
Pushing for a spell to be changed just to accommodate PvP players is unfair to the PvE community. Both spells work very well in PvE. There is no reason to change them after players have gone through the trouble to acquire them.

Loremaster is a crafted spell unless you are fortunate enough to get it through farming. Burning Rampage is a Shadow spell that is EARNED by completing the require quest. It is beyond fair to ask PvE players to just bite the bullet and accept changes to those spells for PvP.

Spamming is always going to happen. But that is no reason to just change everything because you don't like the results.
Bingo. We went through this when Luminous Weaver came out, and PvP-ers said all the same things they're saying now about Rampage and Loremaster. I would like to see low-level players blocked from zones above their current questline, which would negate all this complaining about Rampage in low level PvP. If a level 5 can't access the dungeon in Avalon, then said level 5 can't use Rampage. Problem solved.

And may I add, if people don't like seeing these spells in PvP, don't PvP.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2018
34
DragonLady1818 on Oct 25, 2019 wrote:
Pushing for a spell to be changed just to accommodate PvP players is unfair to the PvE community. Both spells work very well in PvE. There is no reason to change them after players have gone through the trouble to acquire them.

Loremaster is a crafted spell unless you are fortunate enough to get it through farming. Burning Rampage is a Shadow spell that is EARNED by completing the require quest. It is beyond fair to ask PvE players to just bite the bullet and accept changes to those spells for PvP.

Spamming is always going to happen. But that is no reason to just change everything because you don't like the results.
I agree with you there.

If Burning rampage is a shadow spell why don't you need a shadow hit to hit with it?

Just a question?

Are you Dakota Earthorn or close to him because he doesn't want any changes to either spell.

I will honesty quit wizard101 if loremaster goes to 5 pips I don't know about others but wizard101 be fun anymore.

Has long as Loremaster stays at 4 pips I promise I will keep on playing the game.

Jennifer family friendly wizard.

P:S:
I wish there was more friendly players in rank pvp to be honest instead of how it is now.

In 2nd age of rank pvp there where more friendly players on the game then.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
241
DragonLady1818 on Oct 25, 2019 wrote:
Pushing for a spell to be changed just to accommodate PvP players is unfair to the PvE community. Both spells work very well in PvE. There is no reason to change them after players have gone through the trouble to acquire them.

Loremaster is a crafted spell unless you are fortunate enough to get it through farming. Burning Rampage is a Shadow spell that is EARNED by completing the require quest. It is beyond fair to ask PvE players to just bite the bullet and accept changes to those spells for PvP.

Spamming is always going to happen. But that is no reason to just change everything because you don't like the results.
To be honest, I don't want these changes to affect PvE - if spells were nerfed in PvP only then I'm sure nobody would complain.

...except Eerkala.

Explorer
Aug 04, 2019
58
DragonLady1818 on Oct 25, 2019 wrote:
Pushing for a spell to be changed just to accommodate PvP players is unfair to the PvE community. Both spells work very well in PvE. There is no reason to change them after players have gone through the trouble to acquire them.

Loremaster is a crafted spell unless you are fortunate enough to get it through farming. Burning Rampage is a Shadow spell that is EARNED by completing the require quest. It is beyond fair to ask PvE players to just bite the bullet and accept changes to those spells for PvP.

Spamming is always going to happen. But that is no reason to just change everything because you don't like the results.
I don’t think Kingsisle would change the spell in pve. They did not change bad juju in pve, so you should have nothing to worry about.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2018
20
It seems you both are still not understanding

The reason Lore is op is due to the fact that THE MANTLE ruins alot of players chances to even make a move, Idk why you keep mentioning damage is if thats gonna change that fact.
That's why instead of removing mantle move it to 5 pips so atleast every other turn that player getting a chance of success on spell

Spamming yes happens but when it comes to the point the player has hardly a chance a winning cause of the mantle then yea its a problem.

Dragon lady

Those cards work so well IS BECAUSE its overpowered
Its like you guys are trying to avoid that fact, people work hard to get these cards cause it gives them a high chance a beating people and mobs at a unfair rate vs those who don't have it

And your worried on people leaving? Do you realise how pack pvp use to be before KI started adding more and more unbalance things causing Literally thousands to leave.

Infact, what facts have you guys provide saying it shouldn't be a certain way? Why?
I have and im not sure I can make it any clearer for you

Its time for change and im sure lots will agree

P.s Im not thinking if a group of people ( pve players and pvp players )
Im thinking about the game before it really dies

Those same people have the same complaints

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
126
Oreo920a on Oct 27, 2019 wrote:
It seems you both are still not understanding

The reason Lore is op is due to the fact that THE MANTLE ruins alot of players chances to even make a move, Idk why you keep mentioning damage is if thats gonna change that fact.
That's why instead of removing mantle move it to 5 pips so atleast every other turn that player getting a chance of success on spell

Spamming yes happens but when it comes to the point the player has hardly a chance a winning cause of the mantle then yea its a problem.

Dragon lady

Those cards work so well IS BECAUSE its overpowered
Its like you guys are trying to avoid that fact, people work hard to get these cards cause it gives them a high chance a beating people and mobs at a unfair rate vs those who don't have it

And your worried on people leaving? Do you realise how pack pvp use to be before KI started adding more and more unbalance things causing Literally thousands to leave.

Infact, what facts have you guys provide saying it shouldn't be a certain way? Why?
I have and im not sure I can make it any clearer for you

Its time for change and im sure lots will agree

P.s Im not thinking if a group of people ( pve players and pvp players )
Im thinking about the game before it really dies

Those same people have the same complaints
I rather have mantle remove and keep loremaster at 4 pips that a better move for kingsisle to take to be honest 100%

Making Loremaster to 5 pips then 1,000 players will leave kingsile okay.

You aren't thinking about other players like I am.

Samantha Always be a family friendly player

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2407
Mikudoll on Oct 25, 2019 wrote:
I agree with you there.

If Burning rampage is a shadow spell why don't you need a shadow hit to hit with it?

Just a question?

Are you Dakota Earthorn or close to him because he doesn't want any changes to either spell.

I will honesty quit wizard101 if loremaster goes to 5 pips I don't know about others but wizard101 be fun anymore.

Has long as Loremaster stays at 4 pips I promise I will keep on playing the game.

Jennifer family friendly wizard.

P:S:
I wish there was more friendly players in rank pvp to be honest instead of how it is now.

In 2nd age of rank pvp there where more friendly players on the game then.
My mistake. Burning Rampage is not a Shadow spell. But you do have to farm for it since it is dropped by Lambent Fire. For a 5 pip spell, that can be enhanced, I still don't agree with changing it. My Fire uses it quite often in PvE.

I feel the same about Loremaster since my Balance had to work for it.

No I am not Dakota Earthorn nor am I associated with this character. No idea who that is.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2407
Oreo920a on Oct 27, 2019 wrote:
It seems you both are still not understanding

The reason Lore is op is due to the fact that THE MANTLE ruins alot of players chances to even make a move, Idk why you keep mentioning damage is if thats gonna change that fact.
That's why instead of removing mantle move it to 5 pips so atleast every other turn that player getting a chance of success on spell

Spamming yes happens but when it comes to the point the player has hardly a chance a winning cause of the mantle then yea its a problem.

Dragon lady

Those cards work so well IS BECAUSE its overpowered
Its like you guys are trying to avoid that fact, people work hard to get these cards cause it gives them a high chance a beating people and mobs at a unfair rate vs those who don't have it

And your worried on people leaving? Do you realise how pack pvp use to be before KI started adding more and more unbalance things causing Literally thousands to leave.

Infact, what facts have you guys provide saying it shouldn't be a certain way? Why?
I have and im not sure I can make it any clearer for you

Its time for change and im sure lots will agree

P.s Im not thinking if a group of people ( pve players and pvp players )
Im thinking about the game before it really dies

Those same people have the same complaints
The only reason Burning Rampage SEEMS to be so op is that it does damage over 2 rounds. If Firezilla were used, which is also 5 pips, and enhanced, it will do just about the same amount of damage in 1 ROUND, not 2.

Those who have FARMED for thoses spells didn't just get them from their professors. Lambent Fire is CHEATING boss and not that easy to beat. Those who have battled this STONE SKELETON KEY Boss should not have to see it nerfed for any reason,

Explorer
Aug 04, 2019
58
Snee432 on Oct 25, 2019 wrote:
Bingo. We went through this when Luminous Weaver came out, and PvP-ers said all the same things they're saying now about Rampage and Loremaster. I would like to see low-level players blocked from zones above their current questline, which would negate all this complaining about Rampage in low level PvP. If a level 5 can't access the dungeon in Avalon, then said level 5 can't use Rampage. Problem solved.

And may I add, if people don't like seeing these spells in PvP, don't PvP.
Excuse me but don't tell people to not pvp, pvp is already dead enough because of these trash broken spells.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2018
34
Oreo920a on Oct 27, 2019 wrote:
It seems you both are still not understanding

The reason Lore is op is due to the fact that THE MANTLE ruins alot of players chances to even make a move, Idk why you keep mentioning damage is if thats gonna change that fact.
That's why instead of removing mantle move it to 5 pips so atleast every other turn that player getting a chance of success on spell

Spamming yes happens but when it comes to the point the player has hardly a chance a winning cause of the mantle then yea its a problem.

Dragon lady

Those cards work so well IS BECAUSE its overpowered
Its like you guys are trying to avoid that fact, people work hard to get these cards cause it gives them a high chance a beating people and mobs at a unfair rate vs those who don't have it

And your worried on people leaving? Do you realise how pack pvp use to be before KI started adding more and more unbalance things causing Literally thousands to leave.

Infact, what facts have you guys provide saying it shouldn't be a certain way? Why?
I have and im not sure I can make it any clearer for you

Its time for change and im sure lots will agree

P.s Im not thinking if a group of people ( pve players and pvp players )
Im thinking about the game before it really dies

Those same people have the same complaints
I disagree with you at pointing loremaster at 5 pips it would be a down grade to balance and make balance in last place in rank pvp.

I rather have Loremaster lose mantle and stay at 4 pips.

If kingsisle listen to you they will lose more players then gain players they will lose half of the players they have right now.

I bet if loremaster goest to 5 pips 1,000 or more players will quit playing wizard101.

Kingsisle don't listne to the puppets who want loremaster to go 5 pips you will lose money in the long run.

Keep loremaster at 4 pips and remove the mantle part will be a 100% better choose.

If you put loremaster at 5 pips you have to put Burning rampage at 9 pips to equal the pips change on loremaster spell.

1 gets a pip change the other get a pip change.

And this post is about the Burning rampage not Loremaster so keep at the right subject and don't say bad stuff about loremaster when Burning rampage is more broken then Loremaster spell is.

Burning rampage should never been created at all it a stupid spell for rank pvp it should only be allowed in pve not in pvp it to broken for rank pvp.

I buy membership and I say nerf Burning rampage first before they nerf Loremaster spell.

Who wants to nerf Loremaster spell to 5 pips will be a lot harder for balance wizards to win I rather lose mantle and keep loremaster at 4 pips then people wouldn't have to worry about the mantle.

So please stop thinking like a brainwashed kid by all the new Warlords they are bullies in the game they just want easy wins when they lose your lucky.

Really they are wrong you won fair and square but they don't think it right for you to win only they deserve to win and you have to say gg to them by there stupid law they try to force into the game.

1. I'm not going with nerfing loremaster because that will only help the bullies warlords on the game and they will 10,000 rating which it will be 100% unfair.

2. I can't let the bullies warlord get way with anymore nerf spells in rank pvp.

3. Loremaster doesn't need a pip increase if any spells that needs a pips increase is burning rampage not loremaster.

4. Efreet won't lose it weakness at all it will stay at -90 all the time.

So please stay at nerf burning rampage is what this post about go to nerf loremaster on the nerf loremaster post.

I want burning rampage nerfed 100% more.

If you read the top it says nerf burning rampage not loremaster.

Jennifer family friendly wizard.

P:S:
Don't think about yourself first that how you get zero friends to like you on wizard101.

Think about others who farmed for loremaster it says at 4 pips is finale otherwise kingsisle will have to refund me all the money I pay for there stupid game if they put loremaster at 5 pips.

and honestly if loremaster go to 5 pips then burning rampage goes to 9 pips which will make it even.

I really want burning rampage out of rank pvp 100% it just to op for rank so it should be removed from the system.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2018
34
Why are we getting off topic here it says on the title Burning Rampage needs to be Nerfed.

I don't know why you other people bring stupid nerf loremaster spell they don't come from the same boss so just quit asking to nerf loremaster on this post please.

Till balance get a spell from the same boss where you get burning rampage from nerf loremaster is not allowed on this post anymore.

Nerf Burning rampage first 100% if you don't then leave loremaster alone 100%.

Both or none is the only way and if you nerf loremaster just remove the mantle that will be more fair in rank pvp.

P:S:

Be family friendly to newer players.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1030
I've been avoiding this thread like the plague because the general contents of the posts here are...interesting to say the least. That being said I'm just here to point out a few things:

-I've already presented my arguments for why both loremaster and rampage SHOULD be nerfed literally years ago so I won't be rehashing them here

-KI has already proven that it can apply changes to spells in PvP without changing them in PvE. Thus the argument that some PvE players are citing saying this will invalidate these spells in PvE is moot. Bad Juju and Critical in general function differently in PvP and PvE. There is no reason why the same couldn't be done to Rampage and Lore.

-There is no way for anyone to know how a spell nerf would affect player population.

-Every other game that tries to maintain a fair competitive environment constantly adjusts and nerfs certain attributes. I'm confused why people believe Wizard101 should be the exception.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
241
Eric Stormbringer on Oct 30, 2019 wrote:
I've been avoiding this thread like the plague because the general contents of the posts here are...interesting to say the least. That being said I'm just here to point out a few things:

-I've already presented my arguments for why both loremaster and rampage SHOULD be nerfed literally years ago so I won't be rehashing them here

-KI has already proven that it can apply changes to spells in PvP without changing them in PvE. Thus the argument that some PvE players are citing saying this will invalidate these spells in PvE is moot. Bad Juju and Critical in general function differently in PvP and PvE. There is no reason why the same couldn't be done to Rampage and Lore.

-There is no way for anyone to know how a spell nerf would affect player population.

-Every other game that tries to maintain a fair competitive environment constantly adjusts and nerfs certain attributes. I'm confused why people believe Wizard101 should be the exception.
OP is on three, maybe four if Oreo is her as well, accounts replying to people, so yes I'd agree when you say the general content of the posts here is kinda off

Talking to OP is effectively a brick wall. For whatever reason she's said she wanted Rampage to be 9 pips, which is just incorrect since the function would still be the same and anyone going first could just brim or fire beetle to make the end hit do that much more damage. Myself, Angel, and still a few others have tried saying that the general consensus of nerfing the spells is to put lore on 5 pips and remove the mantle, while Rampage should be nerfed to be either a normal overtime or the 700 damage comes after 3 rounds [which really doesnt help much imo]

The thread's a lost cause, and I hope KI does not look at this person's posts on the topic and think about changing the spells to fit those strange requests.

Explorer
Aug 04, 2019
58
JewelKI on Oct 30, 2019 wrote:
OP is on three, maybe four if Oreo is her as well, accounts replying to people, so yes I'd agree when you say the general content of the posts here is kinda off

Talking to OP is effectively a brick wall. For whatever reason she's said she wanted Rampage to be 9 pips, which is just incorrect since the function would still be the same and anyone going first could just brim or fire beetle to make the end hit do that much more damage. Myself, Angel, and still a few others have tried saying that the general consensus of nerfing the spells is to put lore on 5 pips and remove the mantle, while Rampage should be nerfed to be either a normal overtime or the 700 damage comes after 3 rounds [which really doesnt help much imo]

The thread's a lost cause, and I hope KI does not look at this person's posts on the topic and think about changing the spells to fit those strange requests.
You're right. Burning rampage is too strong so instead of 9 pips, it should be 12 pips instead. As for loremaster, it should just stay at 4 pips and lose mantle and maybe 100 damage.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
126
JewelKI on Oct 30, 2019 wrote:
OP is on three, maybe four if Oreo is her as well, accounts replying to people, so yes I'd agree when you say the general content of the posts here is kinda off

Talking to OP is effectively a brick wall. For whatever reason she's said she wanted Rampage to be 9 pips, which is just incorrect since the function would still be the same and anyone going first could just brim or fire beetle to make the end hit do that much more damage. Myself, Angel, and still a few others have tried saying that the general consensus of nerfing the spells is to put lore on 5 pips and remove the mantle, while Rampage should be nerfed to be either a normal overtime or the 700 damage comes after 3 rounds [which really doesnt help much imo]

The thread's a lost cause, and I hope KI does not look at this person's posts on the topic and think about changing the spells to fit those strange requests.
I'm not Oreo

I'm okay with loremaster losing mantle but I'm not okay with loremaster going to 5 pips that all.

I nerfed Loremaster also in a different way to make it fair for both sides mantle is removed from loremaster and I get to keep loremaster at 4 pips.

How will loremaster still be OP if it doesn't have a mantle anymore?

And I nerfed Burning rampage also in a way.

make burning rampage go to 4 pips first hit does 800 damges with 3 overtimes 400 damges so it will be fair with loremaster losing mantle and losing 200 damges.

I just gave you 100 more damage on burning rampage as a overtime.

and I reduce and removed mantle from loremaster spell.

so how will that be OP I did both.

If loremaster goes to 5 pips it should get a upgrade on damage to make it fair with burning rampage wil have to add 4 more pips so fire will have to wait for there's favorite spell that means lower lvl wont be able to use it anymore.

I know you Warlords want it harder for balance to get to warlord but not everyone is trying to get that rank to be honest.

be a family friendly players and think about others not just yourself.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2018
20
No im not anyone elses account but myself
For some reasons I keep getting errors topost gere so ill jump to loremaster topic and cease any arguments here

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
5
I am not ok on the potential change in loremaster, rampage & guardian spell. Leave it the way it is. The game is surviving because of your die hard players with membership who comes & play everyday to keep their names on the board. Double XP gardening really hurt a lot players who paid membership every month... They should focus on updating the games’ graphics & opening the game to other game consoles. But I guess it’s a lot of work & they ran out of ideas. To keep their jobs they gonna reinvent what was done already. I have a feeling you will lose half of your players. The game is dying & you will be committing suicide if you pursue this move. Thank you!

Explorer
Aug 04, 2019
58
BalancedSteps on Nov 6, 2019 wrote:
I am not ok on the potential change in loremaster, rampage & guardian spell. Leave it the way it is. The game is surviving because of your die hard players with membership who comes & play everyday to keep their names on the board. Double XP gardening really hurt a lot players who paid membership every month... They should focus on updating the games’ graphics & opening the game to other game consoles. But I guess it’s a lot of work & they ran out of ideas. To keep their jobs they gonna reinvent what was done already. I have a feeling you will lose half of your players. The game is dying & you will be committing suicide if you pursue this move. Thank you!
No not really people complain about these spells the most and that's why they leave pvp.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2018
34
Snow7450 on Nov 6, 2019 wrote:
No not really people complain about these spells the most and that's why they leave pvp.
That really true to be honest.

I haven't left yet to be honest and I don't think I will for awhile Wizard101 is my favorite game.

Jennifer family friendly player

Geographer
Feb 12, 2015
859
In the latest update, Burning Rampage will deal its damage after three rounds instead of two. I wonder how this will affect PvP...

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
126
Lookit Light on Nov 7, 2019 wrote:
In the latest update, Burning Rampage will deal its damage after three rounds instead of two. I wonder how this will affect PvP...
I hope it goes to life realm it will be really nice and i'm okay with loremaster on test realm also
but the life winged to make the life spell won't really be banned on life wizards might be on the wands and i'm okay with that since i don't have that wand in the first place.

Samantha Max

Explorer
Aug 04, 2019
58
Lookit Light on Nov 7, 2019 wrote:
In the latest update, Burning Rampage will deal its damage after three rounds instead of two. I wonder how this will affect PvP...
That won't help since they can just fire elf right after.