Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Boosting-Fixed, but not fixed. Bugged? Needs Work?

2
AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
1013
jester094 on Jul 28, 2017 wrote:
Jasmine they could just let KI know that they were boosting and KI can roam through that Wizards data to confirm if that is true or not.
And what if it was a legitmate battle with a housemate (someone with same IP)?

Explorer
Jun 17, 2011
72
Jasmine3429 on Jul 28, 2017 wrote:
And what if it was a legitmate battle with a housemate (someone with same IP)?
Boosting usually happens in a 3v3 and a 4v4. If you were to battle a housemate, it would be in 1v1 which people don't boost in because of how often you could get others.

But also, a housemate could just let the other person win which could be boosting but I'm unsure.

Explorer
Jun 17, 2011
72
Also, I am pretty sure Sean Lion Forge is a booster along with Richard Rain (100% BOOSTER).

Has anyone seen them boosting?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
1013
jester094 on Jul 29, 2017 wrote:
Boosting usually happens in a 3v3 and a 4v4. If you were to battle a housemate, it would be in 1v1 which people don't boost in because of how often you could get others.

But also, a housemate could just let the other person win which could be boosting but I'm unsure.
People boost in 1 v 1 all the time, they just do not rank up to 10k so it is obvious, the lack of population makes it much easier to match with yourself, especially in the wee hours of the morning

Explorer
Jun 17, 2011
72
But it is much harder to boost in 1v1.

You do prove a point though.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
1013
jester094 on Aug 2, 2017 wrote:
But it is much harder to boost in 1v1.

You do prove a point though.
I will not get into how I think it is done, more people would start doing it, however it is not difficult and I know for a fact at max level there are several boosters in 1 v 1, they will even admit to it. They see it as smart, not unethical sadly!

Explorer
Jun 17, 2011
72
Jasmine3429 on Aug 4, 2017 wrote:
I will not get into how I think it is done, more people would start doing it, however it is not difficult and I know for a fact at max level there are several boosters in 1 v 1, they will even admit to it. They see it as smart, not unethical sadly!
Sadly, you're right.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2017
4
ok i don't know what is Boosting or that But i been kill by a lv 1 spell that uselly do 88 damage o me and some people do that spell in round 2 and do 1600 damage ?

how that is possible, and More i fight a mage that have like 10 time each spell at lv 12 and if i look from me i am block to 3 copy max with mummified deck

i can understand that a pet can do a spell to but how do they can make the pet cast the spell every turn

that is what i think it happen , because the mage was never casting spell and only the pet was casting.

i was horrible

Delver
Dec 08, 2016
226
Yeah , recently, a lot of boosters have resurfaced once again and it's quite irritating. It's a stab in the back to the hardworking PvP-ers who put a lot of time, effort, strategy and money into their battles and farming gears when all of these players get free wins and rank in such a short time. Today, there were these 4 characters today in a 2v2 and a lot of people caught them boosting (including myself). They decided to cast some hits just to make it less obvious, which was a bit hilarious since we've already caught them in the middle of the act. They ported away so fast after that. Like tell me, how does a Level 1 player with no equipped gears/pet and no spells in deck rank up or win a match? That's not even possible! The obvious answer would be boosting...

Geographer
Mar 16, 2012
998
Mr Talon on Jul 28, 2017 wrote:
When you report someone for foul language or anything else reportable we don't provide any proof. Kingsisle has all of the proof. The report is just a marker for them to know when and where to look for the information that the incident we are accusing someone of actually happened.

Will be pretty much the same with reporting boosters.
I know of a new PVP player who was accused of boosting, because he was inexperienced, kept drawing the same player in a match and was losing every match. He wasn't a booster ( just a terrible PVP competitor. ) Some innocent players could be reported that way.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
421
anecorbie on Oct 16, 2017 wrote:
I know of a new PVP player who was accused of boosting, because he was inexperienced, kept drawing the same player in a match and was losing every match. He wasn't a booster ( just a terrible PVP competitor. ) Some innocent players could be reported that way.
I suppose it is possible for someone innocent to fall victim to being banned. I can't say this for certain as I've no idea how Kingsisle processes these reports or how detailed their analytics are, but having the ability to pull all the data from a particular players gaming history means you can see if that players behavior is consistent or if that instance when the player was reported was a one off. Or as you say had a really bad streak.

Things like did he have gear and a deck equipped in this match?
In previous matches was he equipped?
Did he cast any spells in this match?
In previous matches did he cast any spells?

I don't see it as a big of a chance of scooping up innocent players, but mistakes do happen.

Explorer
Jun 17, 2011
72
deathsummoner4 on Oct 15, 2017 wrote:
Yeah , recently, a lot of boosters have resurfaced once again and it's quite irritating. It's a stab in the back to the hardworking PvP-ers who put a lot of time, effort, strategy and money into their battles and farming gears when all of these players get free wins and rank in such a short time. Today, there were these 4 characters today in a 2v2 and a lot of people caught them boosting (including myself). They decided to cast some hits just to make it less obvious, which was a bit hilarious since we've already caught them in the middle of the act. They ported away so fast after that. Like tell me, how does a Level 1 player with no equipped gears/pet and no spells in deck rank up or win a match? That's not even possible! The obvious answer would be boosting...
Yes, they seem to be returning again. It is sad that they promised us future fixes and we haven't seen those fixes yet...

Survivor
Jul 13, 2017
23
Jasmine3429 on Jul 15, 2017 wrote:
Because they are not breaking any rules so they will not be banned. What is it that really bugs everyone about boosters? It is kind of obvious who they are, their rank is meaningless even to them, how does this impact us?

Personally I do not really care I just ignore anyone over 3 k rank as legitimate :)
I agree boosting is no even a real issue. If it was depending on giving out rewards such as crowns or membership etc it would of been. But all their boosting for is a badge thats not even worth anything~

2