Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Big Thanks for Listening Kings Isle! TY TY TY

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 01, 2011
Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for having the score system take levels into account. This means SO MUCH to ALL of us.

As I came here to suggests improvements to PvP I had friends telling me that it would be a waste of time and not supporting my cause and I feel so redeemed in a good way in my belief that Kings Isle would listen if we just provided even and fair feedback.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LISTENING, KINGS ISLE!

It was prompt response to our concern and I so much hope you continue to listen to our ways of improving PvP!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

From ALL OF US midlevels - THANK YOU!

Sincerely,
Laura Watersong

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
laurawatersong wrote:
Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for having the score system take levels into account. This means SO MUCH to ALL of us.

As I came here to suggests improvements to PvP I had friends telling me that it would be a waste of time and not supporting my cause and I feel so redeemed in a good way in my belief that Kings Isle would listen if we just provided even and fair feedback.

It was prompt response to our concern and I so much hope you continue to listen to our ways of improving PvP!

Sincerely,
Laura Watersong
any other complaints you'd like to get taken care of? Now when you beat a struggling level 50 at 400 rank they will lose 30 points instead of just two.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
travisAk wrote:
laurawatersong wrote:

Sincerely,
Laura Watersong
any other complaints you'd like to get taken care of? Now when you beat a struggling level 50 at 400 rank they will lose 30 points instead of just two.

they wont lose 30 points if their rank is private because mine is warlord (level 33). looks like they would lose about 12 if they cant kill someone nearly half their level. If you have kept up with your reading, we have recommended locking ranks no lower than 500. I have written in extensive detail on these boards advice to help these privates perform better.

in addition, who is to decide that if they are new to the thing, that they wont be captivated by the challenge? or ask someone for help on how to do it right? it's up to each of us to be helpful in teaching them to play but it's not up to us to get docked 30 points because we are a highly skilled low level fighting a lvl 54 private wildly flinging around criticals at random, no manner of skill whatsoever. somehow you wanted that person to end up getting good points that way? well no wonder it hard to find people who know how to pvp real good. the arenas are about putting up a good fight, not pushing your buttons at random. I've said it once and i'll say it again, if you new to PvP, do practice matches. That's what i did and that's what everyone should do if they dont want to learn tough lessons in the ranked arena.

I also believe that after the recent changes to the scoring system, warlord might need to be bumped up to 1000 instead of 900 rank - which seems to make sense. Always wondered about that funky 900 number. 1000 is much rounder. that something i will add to the suggestions for PvP improvements.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
All this is doing is pounding the weaker players faster qnd harder into the ground. Your tough talk is laughable to me because pvp is not just for the elite players it's for everybody to do when they are done questing. It's like you have tunnel vision sometimes and can only see the part of the equation that directly benefits you. I benefit from this, went from 1050 to 1250 in an hour at level ten, it's just sad to see less experienced players lose so many points. It doesn't seem very fair laura. Tell me how you feel when you're fighting captain legends that know how to fight when you exceed 1300 which you probably already have. Just understand there will be consequences to game changes because of complaints. Pvp is not just for level 30's, not just for elite players like yourself, not just for people that play team rather than 1 vs 1. There will be a FLOOd of complaints about point loss now. KI, do not change the game for one group vs another, that's when things start to get sticky.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
Travis, this is about you not liking the tougher challenges that you are getting and here you trying to turn this thing around to tell me that *I* am being selfish because now your rank fully demonstrates the experience and skill that you have.

If your mind were set to "constructive" mode you'd be over in the "Collection of Best Ideas" suggesting that maybe there were a reset rank button you could push. Instead you taking your anger out on me. Well look at the arenas, there are way more players playing. There are a lot of people happier. I could just as easily say don't focus in on your misery when your "misery" is that of having a high rank and getting touch challenges (when you been going on and on about 'LOVING' the tough challenges).

Where's your love for the inexperienced players when it comes to stopping chain smoke screening teams? This got nothing to do with your 'love' of inexperienced players. This got to do with your own world.

This 'tunnel vision' that you accuse me of just got a lot shadier. Before it was because supposedly I was just a magus. When I say that I'm also a journeyman PvPer (with two wizards), it's about nothing but you being mad that you are an overlord because you gotta fight legends.

Let me be constructive here and tell you go farm couch potatoes if you dont got the training point for conviction and tell me what happens after a couple of weeks.

You earned the rank that you have. It's a good rank. The matches you're getting are challenging and you're in no danger of even going under 1000, which is my proposed new level for warlord. So why worry about tough matches?

You want easy challenges again delete your wizard or make a new one. Getting to level 10 is accomplished in one day... but right now you being given the tough challenges because you can take them and you said you liked them.

Bottom line, more people are happier now and THAT is what matters.