Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Universal Damage Gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 28, 2012
Hello, Currently a level 110 death student and looking to get into PvP at max level. As such I have a few questions as to the best gear. More Specifically the best boots. I have seen many people using boots from the new packs, as well as some Empyrea crafted boots. All these boots have in common are high damage and critical. In the arena what boots are you using? Do you go for block boots; such as ones dropped from Malistaire the undying? Or do you go for more Critical in the arena? I plan on using Shadow Creatures and Moon shift spells so I was looking into the best universal damage gear that doesn't sacrifice to many important stats. The best I found were the Dwarven boots. Giving 30% universal damage (7 more % than my school specific damage gear) and 4% more resist than my current boots, as well as trading in block on the malistaire boots for critical. However I lose 8% power pip, 5% accuracy, and 3% pierce. Do you think the trade is worth it? Also do you think with Empyrea part 2 that we will be getting new 'darkmoor' or 'waterworks' style of gear that would replace this as obsolete?

For the tl;dr people
So the big questions are:
  • Do you have anything better than Dwarven boots?
  • What boots do you use?
  • Critical or critical block in the arena?
  • Whats the best universal damage gear

Thank you for any responses, I greatly appreciate it