Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beguile Needs to be nerfed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 07, 2014
Ever since beguile got "patched'; it became one of the most broken spells in team pvp (2v2, 3v3, 4v4), especially from first. Beguile used to have consequences if it was timed poorly, but now those consequences are gone it is completely abusable. You can infinitely lock a player out of their team with no consequences which is ridiculous. Beguile, unlike smoke screen or blinding light/choke, doesn't have any counters; Which is another reason why its completely broken and needs a nerf.(suggestions for a nerf would be to either increase to pip cost, limit how many you can put in your deck, or reverse beguile back to when it had consequences)

Explorer
Aug 04, 2019
Vanessashade on Oct 25, 2019 wrote:
Ever since beguile got "patched'; it became one of the most broken spells in team pvp (2v2, 3v3, 4v4), especially from first. Beguile used to have consequences if it was timed poorly, but now those consequences are gone it is completely abusable. You can infinitely lock a player out of their team with no consequences which is ridiculous. Beguile, unlike smoke screen or blinding light/choke, doesn't have any counters; Which is another reason why its completely broken and needs a nerf.(suggestions for a nerf would be to either increase to pip cost, limit how many you can put in your deck, or reverse beguile back to when it had consequences)
Beguile should just be taken out of pvp. It is cheating spell that people from first can win the game with easily.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2018
beguile blocks just like stun blocks a dispel shields

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
What are you on about?? Beguile makes you invincible if it fails. and its still 80% accuracy. first of all if i'm first and i use beguile in a 2v2 on either play and they blade. they are invincible and can hit without being able to be targetted or hit by anything until its their turn. here's a play example:

2v2 lets give them names, Tom, Jake, Ashley, and Sarah.

Tom and Jake go first.

Jake uses beguile on Ashley, Tom passes.

Ashley Blades, Sarah passes.

Tom and Jake can not hit Ashley or even target her. Ashley is now free to use a hit all spell while the only thing the enemy can do is shield. here's where people get confused, You can use a hit all spell and it will hit the opponents correctly but Ashley can not use a single target or a targetting hit such as the 4 pip 1 shadow spell. However as a joke Ashley can still SINGLE TARGET HER TEAM MATE. Hope i made this clear. your best advice: when going against a death in 2v2 and you're second do not first turn hit.

Survivor
May 07, 2014
xTsuin on Nov 19, 2019 wrote:
What are you on about?? Beguile makes you invincible if it fails. and its still 80% accuracy. first of all if i'm first and i use beguile in a 2v2 on either play and they blade. they are invincible and can hit without being able to be targetted or hit by anything until its their turn. here's a play example:

Tom and Jake go first.

Tom and Jake can not hit Ashley or even target her. Ashley is now free to use a hit all spell while the only thing the enemy can do is shield. here's where people get confused, You can use a hit all spell and it will hit the opponents correctly but Ashley can not use a single target or a targetting hit such as the 4 pip 1 shadow spell. However as a joke Ashley can still SINGLE TARGET HER TEAM MATE. Hope i made this clear. your best advice: when going against a death in 2v2 and you're second do not first turn hit.
I'm sorry to inform you but that was the case before beguile got "patched" what you stated used to be the case but it isn't like that anymore. now even if you did use a blade the round you got beguiled, you still can't hit all the next turn. it will hit your team. I Wish beguile could go back to the way it was where it was like you stated. Trust me we are not confused we see this happen all the time in team play 4v4.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
xTsuin on Nov 19, 2019 wrote:

Tom and Jake go first.

I don't think you quite understand the mechanic.

Lets say you are second and get beguiled in said 2v2 match. You will be beguiled for the round that the spell was cast on you. However, the next round you are also beguiled and can't use spells on your team, even if you use all hit spells such as rebirth for heals or squall for hitting during the second round, you will still target your own team. This means that the effect of beguile from second lasts 2 turns. In the 2 turns, the caster can conceivably empower or shield and by doing so have enough pips to use another beguile the turn you escape the beguile they used previously. This means that the second turn is effectively a stun without putting up stun shields, as the beguile-e (person getting beguiled) can only target themselves and the other team with helpful spells and can only target their own team with hitting spells. This current beguile mechanic gives you the ability to lock someone from the other team out of the battle while also being able to contribute to your team every other round (the round you don't use beguile) with 0 pip spells, effectively making a 4v4 into a 3.5v3 and a 2v2 into a 1.5v1.

This doesn't mean that you cant abuse it from second too, because you totally can! Beguiling from second doesn't trick the other team into hitting or healing for you, but it can be used as a stun that, once again, doesn't put up any stun blocks.

On top of all of this, beguile has bugged pets in pvp. Pets will now stay on the other team another full round longer than you do, which means if you have a pet that casts unicorn or legion, you can hit the other team and triger your own pet to shield or heal them. This will even occur if you have killed all of them, causing the unicorn to revive their ENTIRE TEAM on a round where you are no longer beguiled. This spell is broken, its broken in multiple ways and for you to suggest that it isn't in absolutely uninformed.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2019
I do highly agree beguile is messed up cause there is no downside to it but honesty there is alot of toxic players who bully others just for using it. I jade in 4v4 and have ALOT of bullying and trash talk to me for using it i dont even over use it i only pack 2 in tcs