Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

ban shift from pvp like insane bolt

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
2
shift takes away powerfull spells from other wizards and turns on them how is that fair in pvp especially since the school already has its own powerfull spells that it can use.not fair

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
103
It seems you have ran into amyth in pvp. Shift is as fair in pvp as much as guardian spirit, mana burn, supernova, enfeeble, shatter, healing current, dispels and many other things. If it is a treasure card they are using, i dont see the problem. But judging from my experience in avalon (I finished it in 2 weeks) i have not seen any treasure card versions of them. although, from the new pack they have a wand that gives one. I am perfectly fine with one because it's not as much as a myth can put in.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
Don't use a DoT problem solved. Shift is a fair spell just like triage is. Learn to deal with it. Stick with single hit attacks or time your attack so the myth doesn't have pips to use that spell.

Survivor
Oct 08, 2011
45
dodgeballking wrote:
It seems you have ran into amyth in pvp. Shift is as fair in pvp as much as guardian spirit, mana burn, supernova, enfeeble, shatter, healing current, dispels and many other things. If it is a treasure card they are using, i dont see the problem. But judging from my experience in avalon (I finished it in 2 weeks) i have not seen any treasure card versions of them. although, from the new pack they have a wand that gives one. I am perfectly fine with one because it's not as much as a myth can put in.


I see you have missed the school of fire. Fire school will have hard very very hard time In pvp mainly because they use damage over time spells and myth can shift it off I don't see a problem with it, but if you heck hound you won't have enough pips to detonate it before the myth shifts it. So maybe shift should cost fifth pips so fire has some chance

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
If your changing the pip amount I would put it at like 4 since most myths don't have great power pip chance. Although I don't think it is fair to do that to the myths. I just wish ki would stop making spells to kill DoT. Triage was the start to the downfall of DoT.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
103
towerdefence2 wrote:
dodgeballking wrote:
It seems you have ran into amyth in pvp. Shift is as fair in pvp as much as guardian spirit, mana burn, supernova, enfeeble, shatter, healing current, dispels and many other things. If it is a treasure card they are using, i dont see the problem. But judging from my experience in avalon (I finished it in 2 weeks) i have not seen any treasure card versions of them. although, from the new pack they have a wand that gives one. I am perfectly fine with one because it's not as much as a myth can put in.


I see you have missed the school of fire. Fire school will have hard very very hard time In pvp mainly because they use damage over time spells and myth can shift it off I don't see a problem with it, but if you heck hound you won't have enough pips to detonate it before the myth shifts it. So maybe shift should cost fifth pips so fire has some chance


Isn't that what detonate is for? Detonate is the counter for triage, and shift. It immediately takes it out and still does all the damage. Plus, efreet helps as a good way to hurt them. Just link, then efreet, and if they stack shields, shatter. Problem solved. Fire has many ways to avoid these and if you cannot see that then you should pick another school.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
dodgeballking wrote:
towerdefence2 wrote:
dodgeballking wrote:
It seems you have ran into amyth in pvp. Shift is as fair in pvp as much as guardian spirit, mana burn, supernova, enfeeble, shatter, healing current, dispels and many other things. If it is a treasure card they are using, i dont see the problem. But judging from my experience in avalon (I finished it in 2 weeks) i have not seen any treasure card versions of them. although, from the new pack they have a wand that gives one. I am perfectly fine with one because it's not as much as a myth can put in.


I see you have missed the school of fire. Fire school will have hard very very hard time In pvp mainly because they use damage over time spells and myth can shift it off I don't see a problem with it, but if you heck hound you won't have enough pips to detonate it before the myth shifts it. So maybe shift should cost fifth pips so fire has some chance


Isn't that what detonate is for? Detonate is the counter for triage, and shift. It immediately takes it out and still does all the damage. Plus, efreet helps as a good way to hurt them. Just link, then efreet, and if they stack shields, shatter. Problem solved. Fire has many ways to avoid these and if you cannot see that then you should pick another school.


The problem is if heck hound is used then they have to want at least two turns before they can use detonate. Detonate. Costs 4 pips so it really isn't possible to use right after an attack from rain of fire or heck hound.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2012
13
For goodness sake people, if your school has lower health, you must prepare for this by studying the life school, and obtaining sheild spells from Sabrina Greenstar in the commons. Most people think that its useless getting her shields. I am a storm student, and a master at defense. Killing me isn't hard, but annoying if I have the right shields. The best offense is a good defense, in theory, while defended by Absorb, and wards, you can gain pips and not struggle to stay alive in battles. I have no problem with a high lvl attacking me when I have the proper shields.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
So, you would be either Ice, Death, or Fire to be complaining about this spell.

Well, there is definitely a Myth dispel, but, I'll give you a guide on what to do if you're in a first/second situation, for each of those 3 schools.

Fire: Going First: Get your pips up high, and if you're using Fire Dragon/Rain of Fire/Scald/Heckhound/Power Link, always back it up with a Fire Elf, or even a Power Link, or just simply use Detonate and destroy it.

Myth: Going First: I can tell that you're not Myth at all, because Basilisk stuns the opponent, and you have double attacks, but simply just use Basilisk, to stun the opponent. Now, from here, you can choose in between 2 steps, to either Myth Dispel him, or use a Myth shield, because when the opponent would Shift the spell, it would be the last round of the DoT.

Ice: Going First: Doing this with Ice can get a little tricky, because these spells have a very high chance of fizzling. Now, I'm certain that you'd either double Snow Angel or Snow Angel then Double Frostbite to take out the opponent. Well, first, use either Snow Angel or Frostbite, then Stun the opponent, hopefully the spell would work, or just use Frostbite once again, so the opponent wouldn't Shift it to you as easily. Well, either way would work.

Fire: Going Second: Now this one is a very tricky one, but, it's not clearly impossible. First, gather yourself with 2 Fire Shields, not 3, the Myth wizard would expect something, possibly even an Immolate, and could break those shields down. So, then, you use your DoT, make sure it's a very powerful one, I'd say a full pip Heckhound, at the best, or even a Rain of Fire. Then, you would expect to see the Shift. Well, since 2 rounds left of that Rain of Fire or Heckhound would be there, it would just be hitting the Fire Shield, but just back it up with a smaller DoT just in case, it could work fairly well.

Myth: Going Second: Well, this one would be rather easy. Just use Empowerment, to gain pips, and then use the DoT, and spam Shifts on the opponent. Now, an even more risky but effective way would be to double the spell, as soon as possible, even so if possible (Minotaur+Basilisk combo is ownage!). Oh, I forgot the stun in the first round didn't I? Oops, that was if the opponent had Stun Shields or a Conviction up. Well, the Basilisk would stun the opponent, so the first DoT would hit, and you just use a Myth Dispel, there goes the second hit, and the third hits as well. Problem solved.

Ice: Going Second: Haha, the funny thing is, the Snow Angel wouldn't even be a worthy enough spell to use, because Ice wizards usually stack up a lot of blades before using the Snow Angel, so you'd get an easy Earthquake on you like almost immediately. Well, if the Myth wizard is really that bad, then just use a Snow Angel, and since he'd be that bad, just let the Snow Angel hit him and keep on using combos. Well, if the Myth wizard knows 2% on how to pvp, I'd always keep a Myth Mastery amulet for TC Shatters before a Mammoth/Colossus. If you want even, use a Mammoth then combo it up with a Frostbite, and then Myth dispel (Doesn't tend to work very well I'd say).

Well, those are the easiest way you could get around Shift, because it's as fair as any other spell, and always will be.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
Snowyandspots wrote:
dodgeballking wrote:
towerdefence2 wrote:
dodgeballking wrote:
It seems you have ran into amyth in pvp. Shift is as fair in pvp as much as guardian spirit, mana burn, supernova, enfeeble, shatter, healing current, dispels and many other things. If it is a treasure card they are using, i dont see the problem. But judging from my experience in avalon (I finished it in 2 weeks) i have not seen any treasure card versions of them. although, from the new pack they have a wand that gives one. I am perfectly fine with one because it's not as much as a myth can put in.


I see you have missed the school of fire. Fire school will have hard very very hard time In pvp mainly because they use damage over time spells and myth can shift it off I don't see a problem with it, but if you heck hound you won't have enough pips to detonate it before the myth shifts it. So maybe shift should cost fifth pips so fire has some chance


Isn't that what detonate is for? Detonate is the counter for triage, and shift. It immediately takes it out and still does all the damage. Plus, efreet helps as a good way to hurt them. Just link, then efreet, and if they stack shields, shatter. Problem solved. Fire has many ways to avoid these and if you cannot see that then you should pick another school.


The problem is if heck hound is used then they have to want at least two turns before they can use detonate. Detonate. Costs 4 pips so it really isn't possible to use right after an attack from rain of fire or heck hound.


Actually, if you would use Rain of Fire, you could Detonate it the next round.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
36
I disagree completely. At the rate we're going, all of the higher lvl spells will be banned from Pvp ( or at least nerfed). All you have to do is use the DoT you want to do damage, then add a weaker DoT on top of that so when he shifts you take only the weaker DoT. This has spoiled my Triage many times when fighting experts that use Heckhound/ other DoTs.

Explorer
Jul 24, 2010
61
Shift isn't just a treasure card, i have some gear that gives me 1 shift card. (got from knight's lore)

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
939
Shift actually ended the reign of shield shield shield heck hound strategy. I dont feel its overpowered, it just keeps you on your toes. PvP will continue to grow an change thats what makes competition a competition.
If there was no changing then it would always be the same thing and basically who ever goes first would win.
Time to start using that efreet more often lol.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
40
Snowyandspots on Aug 3, 2012 wrote:
Don't use a DoT problem solved. Shift is a fair spell just like triage is. Learn to deal with it. Stick with single hit attacks or time your attack so the myth doesn't have pips to use that spell.
but ice use snow angel, and frost bit, and fire also use allot of DoT

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
169
Snowyandspots on Aug 3, 2012 wrote:
Don't use a DoT problem solved. Shift is a fair spell just like triage is. Learn to deal with it. Stick with single hit attacks or time your attack so the myth doesn't have pips to use that spell.
This is the Reason Firewizards are Extinct. After ice resist, Triage, And this fire is now an extinct school and ice is gaining popularity. you can always tell what the top school is by how many wizards play it.

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
146
fire has to learn how to not rely on its cheap mega pip heck hound to get kills in 1v1 fire is not just about burns its also about damage so get out there and deal some.You cant always hope to burn people to death the same way with the same attack every time with no problem switch it up and if facing ice convert and pierce.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2011
32
Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
58
Snowyandspots wrote:
The problem is if heck hound is used then they have to want at least two turns before they can use detonate. Detonate. Costs 4 pips so it really isn't possible to use right after an attack from rain of fire or heck hound.
Get a new strategy. Heckhound days are over. You need to adapt to the game and get some new tricks up your sleeve.

Survivor
May 21, 2010
44
I think shift is perfect for myth.They are pretty much the only school that can counter ice.Myth can break blades,shields and now DoT attacks.Ice has gotten to the point where they can bladestack up to 12 without counting traps at most and of course they will angel because you cant shield against it.Myth is the best school to counter ice.

Myth lover -Kellergriffin thorn lvl 88 conjurer

Explorer
Jul 23, 2012
80
Snowyandspots on Aug 3, 2012 wrote:
Don't use a DoT problem solved. Shift is a fair spell just like triage is. Learn to deal with it. Stick with single hit attacks or time your attack so the myth doesn't have pips to use that spell.
As fire i can't really stick to singles because i get DoTs