Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balancing the PVP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
Greetings! I am a Wizard101 enthusiast who would like to voice an opinion on the PVP matters of Wizard101. It would be a great pleasure if you took the time to read this text fully and forward it to the Creative director. This letter was not intended to disrespect anyone but to help evolve the aspects of PVP in the near future. I am a wizard101 member who has played this game since 2009, I have done questing from 1-130 and has enjoyed every ounce of the game so far. As a max myth wizard, a dedicated PVP player who has done 1000 plus matches, my knowledge of PVP and the piteous matches that I've observed is an outrage cry for help.
One of the Strategies that I find muddling is Jades, the PVP arena is a place where wizards fight against each other to show their potential and intelligence that includes strategy, prediction, and skill. Jades, also known as (healers and shield tanks) have over 80 resist and can heal/shield simultaneously creating a very difficult and anguishing battle, some of these Jades carry over 90-101 resist on certain schools! All of these Jades carry a spell called "Guardian Spirit", this spell allows these Jades to come back from being defeated numerous of times. Guardian can be used as a strategy, but when something is abused like I mentioned before, it is incredibly irritating to withstand. When someone uses this strategy, the opponent has to endure hours of playing, some have taken weeks if not months! I would Highly recommend you to ban Jade gear and Guardian spirit for the abusiveness and unfairness that this spell can bring upon a match. I would also like to mention that Incoming/outgoing, Critical and resists should be balanced for the life wizards. I feel that the game will be more balanced if we give them two of the above mentioned on the cost of the other one.
Moving forward, my honest suggestion to make the game better in terms of PVP is to continuously monitor the players and balance the game accordingly. Clearly the schools that I am going to mention here have by far the least utility when compared to the other schools. If I were to list out the reasons, this letter will be way too long for you to read so I will stop with just mentioning the school names.(Death, Storm, Myth )you will know the reasons if you pay attention to the current PVP mechanics and the system on your kind perusal. In short, note the mechanics of going second is comparatively tough than being first.
Yes, prediction is the game but the person playing from second is being punished severely for making one wrong mistake, costing them the entire game. In order to make this gameplay better, my suggestion is to introduce 0 pip or 2 pips utility spells to all schools; depending on their strategies and Strengths, which can be used against opponents just for being second. One of the biggest dilemmas in PVP is the shadow pips, someone from first can easily punish someone from second just by one shadow pip, this issue can be fixed if the second opponent gets these bonuses first, this is a perfect example for the utility spells.
Also as a new introduction, for rewarding dedicated PVP players I would like to introduce you the "Elite students" title from each school where there can be multiple elite students from respective schools known for their mastery in PVP giving them an unique robe, hat, wand and boots in Appearance to exhibit their achievement.
This title should be given based on their win loss ratio in PVP and their experience on the same. So that other PVP enthusiasts can have their guidance in game.
Here you may also bring in new content for individual school’s wizards on their mastery research with their Ravenwood professors exclusively for elite students. This will encourage and help other players to PVP on wizard101.
All these points were made after discussing with many of my Wizard101 friends, following tons of PVP Observations, Experiences and gameplay mechanics from various schools. If We adopt and create new ideas and explore our creativity to the maximum extent without any impediment commercially, I see a Complete new game where your intelligence, Strategy and skill wins you the game alongside with a profit to the Organization as well for making that happen.
We are hoping against hope that KI team will make this happen to make this game enjoyable to everyone.
Thank you

Survivor
Aug 01, 2012
defender1996 on Nov 1, 2019 wrote:
Greetings! I am a Wizard101 enthusiast who would like to voice an opinion on the PVP matters of Wizard101. It would be a great pleasure if you took the time to read this text fully and forward it to the Creative director. This letter was not intended to disrespect anyone but to help evolve the aspects of PVP in the near future. I am a wizard101 member who has played this game since 2009, I have done questing from 1-130 and has enjoyed every ounce of the game so far. As a max myth wizard, a dedicated PVP player who has done 1000 plus matches, my knowledge of PVP and the piteous matches that I've observed is an outrage cry for help.
One of the Strategies that I find muddling is Jades, the PVP arena is a place where wizards fight against each other to show their potential and intelligence that includes strategy, prediction, and skill. Jades, also known as (healers and shield tanks) have over 80 resist and can heal/shield simultaneously creating a very difficult and anguishing battle, some of these Jades carry over 90-101 resist on certain schools! All of these Jades carry a spell called "Guardian Spirit", this spell allows these Jades to come back from being defeated numerous of times. Guardian can be used as a strategy, but when something is abused like I mentioned before, it is incredibly irritating to withstand. When someone uses this strategy, the opponent has to endure hours of playing, some have taken weeks if not months! I would Highly recommend you to ban Jade gear and Guardian spirit for the abusiveness and unfairness that this spell can bring upon a match. I would also like to mention that Incoming/outgoing, Critical and resists should be balanced for the life wizards. I feel that the game will be more balanced if we give them two of the above mentioned on the cost of the other one.
Moving forward, my honest suggestion to make the game better in terms of PVP is to continuously monitor the players and balance the game accordingly. Clearly the schools that I am going to mention here have by far the least utility when compared to the other schools. If I were to list out the reasons, this letter will be way too long for you to read so I will stop with just mentioning the school names.(Death, Storm, Myth )you will know the reasons if you pay attention to the current PVP mechanics and the system on your kind perusal. In short, note the mechanics of going second is comparatively tough than being first.
Yes, prediction is the game but the person playing from second is being punished severely for making one wrong mistake, costing them the entire game. In order to make this gameplay better, my suggestion is to introduce 0 pip or 2 pips utility spells to all schools; depending on their strategies and Strengths, which can be used against opponents just for being second. One of the biggest dilemmas in PVP is the shadow pips, someone from first can easily punish someone from second just by one shadow pip, this issue can be fixed if the second opponent gets these bonuses first, this is a perfect example for the utility spells.
Also as a new introduction, for rewarding dedicated PVP players I would like to introduce you the "Elite students" title from each school where there can be multiple elite students from respective schools known for their mastery in PVP giving them an unique robe, hat, wand and boots in Appearance to exhibit their achievement.
This title should be given based on their win loss ratio in PVP and their experience on the same. So that other PVP enthusiasts can have their guidance in game.
Here you may also bring in new content for individual school’s wizards on their mastery research with their Ravenwood professors exclusively for elite students. This will encourage and help other players to PVP on wizard101.
All these points were made after discussing with many of my Wizard101 friends, following tons of PVP Observations, Experiences and gameplay mechanics from various schools. If We adopt and create new ideas and explore our creativity to the maximum extent without any impediment commercially, I see a Complete new game where your intelligence, Strategy and skill wins you the game alongside with a profit to the Organization as well for making that happen.
We are hoping against hope that KI team will make this happen to make this game enjoyable to everyone.
Thank you
I absolutely love this, I think it's about time PVP needs to be fixed, maybe adding a timer or caping resist so everyone has the same advantage. I always think about how the game would be if Jades or even lore spammers were fixed in the game, this is definitely a good start. If we nerfed the juju spammers, we can nerf the juju spammers in disguise! (Jades). ~Brooke JadeCatcher (Ironic isn't it?)