Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balancing pvp, really?

1
AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
Here's the perfect way to balance pvp. Even though most of you won't agree with me. I find the best way to balancing pvp is to keep it the way it is. If you actually thought about it, and saw yourself fighting a different school in your own way that you described it should be, would the battle be too easy? Complaining about how much weaker your school is, and if they chose what you wanted changed, would that make the main storyline too easy for you? Would that make fighting other schools too easy?

We're not experts, KI is. Anyone can win and lose. If you're having troubles with your wizard, why isn't everyone in the entire game complaning? I'm pretty sure that KI would have noticed if 1 school was dominating over the other. With the Sirens spell, people say it's overpowered. Complaining already, before they even changed it and launched it into the live realm. Complaining about the gear, even though they hadn't made changes before it goes into the live realm. Complain when it actually comes out, and if it's actually everyone's problem, not just yours.

Complaining about a school too weak, spell too strong. Other people have complained about their school being weak, while you're complaining about their attacks being too strong.

There are a whole lot of complaints about Judgement. Making it a level 38 spell? That would be way too late, and it'd already be too weak for us. Complaining about Tempest, it's not even considered strong anymore, considering that you'll get Storm Lord. It's a temporary spell. Like this: Oh this spell's awesome! As you as you get it. Then later on: Totally outta my deck.

Storm needs damage, otherwise their health would have to be boosted. Balance needs Judgement at level 28. It's not even that good compared to Spectral Blast. You get that at level 26, and yet it attacks faster, and actually lets you hit hard 2 times in a row.

Now getting to the details. People keep on trying to change pvp up, making it easier for them to defeat enemies, making it impossible for enemies to defeat them. Changing pvp is going to stop everyone from pvp for good. Even ranked pvp! No one would go for any of the pvp gear. I'll even be honest, I made a thread about changing pvp just a slight bit. If the player that goes first defeats the second guy, why not make it so that the second person could still use that one last spell they chose, and if the 2nd player defeated the first the same round the 1st defeated the second wizard, it would be counted as a draw. When I actually thought about it, I thought that that was the lamest way to change pvp up (no offense if you posted a similiar thread to that). But the second wizard already had their chance to anticipate, and defend themselves. If you're complaining about a spell being too strong, then shield! I hear people say that shields are for noobs that can't survive an attack. I'm super close to maxing my level out, and I still use shields for defense. NO spell and absolutely NO spell is too strong. There's a point of shields in the game, not just to hang around and take space in your deck, but to help you survive and weaken the opponent's spell. Sure there's shatter, but isn't there reshuffle? There's Triage, but isn't there poison? Critical, critical block. Super high hit, super high heal. There's a counter-spell for everything. If you're having trouble hitting with Skeletal Dragon, then use a different spell. Skeletal dragon doesn't really on the poisoning effect, the first hit can be pretty nasty. People also say that fizzling shouldn't be in pvp. I hardly fizzle, no one really fizzles anymore, and if there wasn't any fizzling in pvp, then what could be your best chance to survive? Super charge boosts too much people say. That's kind of why it takes away ALL of your pips. They'll have to re-stock on pips until they can attack hard. Insane bolt could be used, no problem, it has a backfire to it. In ranked pvp, my opponent boosted up pretty well, and when I see those clouds from insane bolt come in, I thought I was dead meat. Then I saw the critical, another oh no. Then, it backfired. What luck! Insane bolt came in because people complained about Wild Bolt. Well if you don't like Insane Bolt, then it was your fault for complaining about Wild Bolt. KI had to find a solution, because people were threatening that they'd quit the game. If you hadn't complained and said you would quit like a little kid, then KI would've probably given you a better spell. It's not their fault at all, it's the people that complained about Wild Bolt. So if you're complaining about Insane Bolt now, hey, it was your own fault for the complaining of Wild Bolt. So if pvp were to be changed, it would be in the same standard as Insane Bolt. A lot more people complaining, so the next time you think of changing pvp, think about Insane Bolt. Thanks for listening! I always have an open mind for your thoughts, and I'd love to hear them.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
563
I actually agree, I don't mind that people are complaining but I also think that PvP is okay the way it is right now like you do.

Caroline Sunbright level 62 life

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
407
PvP is perfectly balanced if we look at it from the perspective of a Fire wizard, sadly this view changes drastically if you switch to a less fortunate school.


Squire
Jan 05, 2010
548
Great post Jou. I completely agree with you, the way ranked is set up allows for people of like skill and rank to face each other and for a higher ranked lower level to face a higher level of less rank. The point distribution system is fair and balanced and I applaud kingsisle for dealing with the real issues. Some people would want the whole game redesigned to meet their needs. Like darthjt said in another post there is a clear difference between an issue and a complaint.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
29
You Claim that pvp isn't broken, I agree the battling system isn't broken. but there are other aspects of pvp that in fact ARE broken here are a few Examples,

1.) In 2v2 If you have a level 1 wizard paired with a level 60 you end up against a pair of 30's and the level 60 takes them out in a matter of rounds. This isn't fair to the other team because they got seriously outranked in an unfair match.

2.) Alot of people have heard of "Downranking" this has some broken qualities to it. for one people who downrank tend to wear the top PVP gear even when they are privates so they have a big(ish) advantage over their private opponents.

3.) A few spells dont work like they are sapposed to in pvp. for example deaths spell (I cant remember the name) It is sapposed to turn your opponent on your side for 1 turn but more times then not, It doesn't (also this is one spell that doesnt have a counterspell for.)

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
Solstice64 wrote:
PvP is perfectly balanced if we look at it from the perspective of a Fire wizard, sadly this view changes drastically if you switch to a less fortunate school.



Every school is balanced, there's no worst school or better school.

Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
64
joujou11cool wrote:
Here's the perfect way to balance pvp. Even though most of you won't agree with me. I find the best way to balancing pvp is to keep it the way it is. If you actually thought about it, and saw yourself fighting a different school in your own way that you described it should be, would the battle be too easy? Complaining about how much weaker your school is, and if they chose what you wanted changed, would that make the main storyline too easy for you? Would that make fighting other schools too easy?

We're not experts, KI is. Anyone can win and lose. If you're having troubles with your wizard, why isn't everyone in the entire game complaning? I'm pretty sure that KI would have noticed if 1 school was dominating over the other. With the Sirens spell, people say it's overpowered. Complaining already, before they even changed it and launched it into the live realm. Complaining about the gear, even though they hadn't made changes before it goes into the live realm. Complain when it actually comes out, and if it's actually everyone's problem, not just yours.

Complaining about a school too weak, spell too strong. Other people have complained about their school being weak, while you're complaining about their attacks being too strong.

There are a whole lot of complaints about Judgement. Making it a level 38 spell? That would be way too late, and it'd already be too weak for us. Complaining about Tempest, it's not even considered strong anymore, considering that you'll get Storm Lord. It's a temporary spell. Like this: Oh this spell's awesome! As you as you get it. Then later on: Totally outta my deck.

Storm needs damage, otherwise their health would have to be boosted. Balance needs Judgement at level 28. It's not even that good compared to Spectral Blast. You get that at level 26, and yet it attacks faster, and actually lets you hit hard 2 times in a row.

Now getting to the details. People keep on trying to change pvp up, making it easier for them to defeat enemies, making it impossible for enemies to defeat them. Changing pvp is going to stop everyone from pvp for good. Even ranked pvp! No one would go for any of the pvp gear. I'll even be honest, I made a thread about changing pvp just a slight bit. If the player that goes first defeats the second guy, why not make it so that the second person could still use that one last spell they chose, and if the 2nd player defeated the first the same round the 1st defeated the second wizard, it would be counted as a draw. When I actually thought about it, I thought that that was the lamest way to change pvp up (no offense if you posted a similiar thread to that). But the second wizard already had their chance to anticipate, and defend themselves. If you're complaining about a spell being too strong, then shield! I hear people say that shields are for noobs that can't survive an attack. I'm super close to maxing my level out, and I still use shields for defense. NO spell and absolutely NO spell is too strong. There's a point of shields in the game, not just to hang around and take space in your deck, but to help you survive and weaken the opponent's spell. Sure there's shatter, but isn't there reshuffle? There's Triage, but isn't there poison? Critical, critical block. Super high hit, super high heal. There's a counter-spell for everything. If you're having trouble hitting with Skeletal Dragon, then use a different spell. Skeletal dragon doesn't really on the poisoning effect, the first hit can be pretty nasty. People also say that fizzling shouldn't be in pvp. I hardly fizzle, no one really fizzles anymore, and if there wasn't any fizzling in pvp, then what could be your best chance to survive? Super charge boosts too much people say. That's kind of why it takes away ALL of your pips. They'll have to re-stock on pips until they can attack hard. Insane bolt could be used, no problem, it has a backfire to it. In ranked pvp, my opponent boosted up pretty well, and when I see those clouds from insane bolt come in, I thought I was dead meat. Then I saw the critical, another oh no. Then, it backfired. What luck! Insane bolt came in because people complained about Wild Bolt. Well if you don't like Insane Bolt, then it was your fault for complaining about Wild Bolt. KI had to find a solution, because people were threatening that they'd quit the game. If you hadn't complained and said you would quit like a little kid, then KI would've probably given you a better spell. It's not their fault at all, it's the people that complained about Wild Bolt. So if you're complaining about Insane Bolt now, hey, it was your own fault for the complaining of Wild Bolt. So if pvp were to be changed, it would be in the same standard as Insane Bolt. A lot more people complaining, so the next time you think of changing pvp, think about Insane Bolt. Thanks for listening! I always have an open mind for your thoughts, and I'd love to hear them.

Now I can complain that sirens is overkill because it is already in the live realm

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
iceking355 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
Here's the perfect way to balance pvp. Even though most of you won't agree with me. I find the best way to balancing pvp is to keep it the way it is. If you actually thought about it, and saw yourself fighting a different school in your own way that you described it should be, would the battle be too easy? Complaining about how much weaker your school is, and if they chose what you wanted changed, would that make the main storyline too easy for you? Would that make fighting other schools too easy?

We're not experts, KI is. Anyone can win and lose. If you're having troubles with your wizard, why isn't everyone in the entire game complaning? I'm pretty sure that KI would have noticed if 1 school was dominating over the other. With the Sirens spell, people say it's overpowered. Complaining already, before they even changed it and launched it into the live realm. Complaining about the gear, even though they hadn't made changes before it goes into the live realm. Complain when it actually comes out, and if it's actually everyone's problem, not just yours.

Complaining about a school too weak, spell too strong. Other people have complained about their school being weak, while you're complaining about their attacks being too strong.

There are a whole lot of complaints about Judgement. Making it a level 38 spell? That would be way too late, and it'd already be too weak for us. Complaining about Tempest, it's not even considered strong anymore, considering that you'll get Storm Lord. It's a temporary spell. Like this: Oh this spell's awesome! As you as you get it. Then later on: Totally outta my deck.

Storm needs damage, otherwise their health would have to be boosted. Balance needs Judgement at level 28. It's not even that good compared to Spectral Blast. You get that at level 26, and yet it attacks faster, and actually lets you hit hard 2 times in a row.

Now getting to the details. People keep on trying to change pvp up, making it easier for them to defeat enemies, making it impossible for enemies to defeat them. Changing pvp is going to stop everyone from pvp for good. Even ranked pvp! No one would go for any of the pvp gear. I'll even be honest, I made a thread about changing pvp just a slight bit. If the player that goes first defeats the second guy, why not make it so that the second person could still use that one last spell they chose, and if the 2nd player defeated the first the same round the 1st defeated the second wizard, it would be counted as a draw. When I actually thought about it, I thought that that was the lamest way to change pvp up (no offense if you posted a similiar thread to that). But the second wizard already had their chance to anticipate, and defend themselves. If you're complaining about a spell being too strong, then shield! I hear people say that shields are for noobs that can't survive an attack. I'm super close to maxing my level out, and I still use shields for defense. NO spell and absolutely NO spell is too strong. There's a point of shields in the game, not just to hang around and take space in your deck, but to help you survive and weaken the opponent's spell. Sure there's shatter, but isn't there reshuffle? There's Triage, but isn't there poison? Critical, critical block. Super high hit, super high heal. There's a counter-spell for everything. If you're having trouble hitting with Skeletal Dragon, then use a different spell. Skeletal dragon doesn't really on the poisoning effect, the first hit can be pretty nasty. People also say that fizzling shouldn't be in pvp. I hardly fizzle, no one really fizzles anymore, and if there wasn't any fizzling in pvp, then what could be your best chance to survive? Super charge boosts too much people say. That's kind of why it takes away ALL of your pips. They'll have to re-stock on pips until they can attack hard. Insane bolt could be used, no problem, it has a backfire to it. In ranked pvp, my opponent boosted up pretty well, and when I see those clouds from insane bolt come in, I thought I was dead meat. Then I saw the critical, another oh no. Then, it backfired. What luck! Insane bolt came in because people complained about Wild Bolt. Well if you don't like Insane Bolt, then it was your fault for complaining about Wild Bolt. KI had to find a solution, because people were threatening that they'd quit the game. If you hadn't complained and said you would quit like a little kid, then KI would've probably given you a better spell. It's not their fault at all, it's the people that complained about Wild Bolt. So if you're complaining about Insane Bolt now, hey, it was your own fault for the complaining of Wild Bolt. So if pvp were to be changed, it would be in the same standard as Insane Bolt. A lot more people complaining, so the next time you think of changing pvp, think about Insane Bolt. Thanks for listening! I always have an open mind for your thoughts, and I'd love to hear them.

Now I can complain that sirens is overkill because it is already in the live realm


Not only that, but I said make sure it's everyone's problem not just yours. I haven't experienced the hit, but I'm waiting, and if it actually does 1 hit KO in a 4v4 all the time, then I'd complain. It's not really a problem that it's overkill, because it isn't. Get shields up!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
acrios90 wrote:
You Claim that pvp isn't broken, I agree the battling system isn't broken. but there are other aspects of pvp that in fact ARE broken here are a few Examples,

1.) In 2v2 If you have a level 1 wizard paired with a level 60 you end up against a pair of 30's and the level 60 takes them out in a matter of rounds. This isn't fair to the other team because they got seriously outranked in an unfair match.

2.) Alot of people have heard of "Downranking" this has some broken qualities to it. for one people who downrank tend to wear the top PVP gear even when they are privates so they have a big(ish) advantage over their private opponents.

3.) A few spells dont work like they are sapposed to in pvp. for example deaths spell (I cant remember the name) It is sapposed to turn your opponent on your side for 1 turn but more times then not, It doesn't (also this is one spell that doesnt have a counterspell for.)


Yeah, that's actually a problem. I couldn't prove any way to make it seem like it's fair, so I didn't even mind trying lolz.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
407
joujou11cool wrote:

Every school is balanced, there's no worst school or better school.


Incorrect. It is common knowledge (at least in the wizard101 central pvp community) that Fire and Myth are the top schools in pvp. The question is, what needs to be done to balance the schools?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
Solstice64 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:

Every school is balanced, there's no worst school or better school.


Incorrect. It is common knowledge (at least in the wizard101 central pvp community) that Fire and Myth are the top schools in pvp. The question is, what needs to be done to balance the schools?


Those are the schools that have won most of the time, they're not the best. It depends on the player.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
407
joujou11cool wrote:


Those are the schools that have won most of the time, they're not the best. It depends on the player.


I'll break it down for you, but I doubt it will help. Here is a table of vital things for pvp and the schools that don't have those things.

Damage Bubble: Balance, Life, Death
A way to clear or go around shields: Balance, Life, Storm
Healing: (all schools have this since you can train it with training points.)
Shields: All
Damage Boosting: All (balance has tiny blades though.)

These are the very basics. This proves that some schools have an advantage over others, but when you put them in action you end up with a list like this (schools at the top are more powerful, this is for 1v1 and pre-zafaria (I don't know about pvp in the new era.))

Fire/Myth
Ice
Death
Balance
Storm
Life

Players can over come this with skill, but they are still at a disadvantage. This can discourage many less skilled pvpers.

-Solstice64

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
Solstice64 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:


Those are the schools that have won most of the time, they're not the best. It depends on the player.


I'll break it down for you, but I doubt it will help. Here is a table of vital things for pvp and the schools that don't have those things.

Damage Bubble: Balance, Life, Death
A way to clear or go around shields: Balance, Life, Storm
Healing: (all schools have this since you can train it with training points.)
Shields: All
Damage Boosting: All (balance has tiny blades though.)

These are the very basics. This proves that some schools have an advantage over others, but when you put them in action you end up with a list like this (schools at the top are more powerful, this is for 1v1 and pre-zafaria (I don't know about pvp in the new era.))

Fire/Myth
Ice
Death
Balance
Storm
Life

Players can over come this with skill, but they are still at a disadvantage. This can discourage many less skilled pvpers.

-Solstice64


Take down Ice to be behind Balance and it's all good. You somewhat have a point, but it'd that some people don't even JOIN the tournaments and usually I see Fire and Myth wizards.
Balance has a way to get around shields: Hydra, Spectral Blast, Chimera. I'm pretty sure that now that Zafaria is out that Balance and Myth might be at the top for 1v1.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
407
joujou11cool wrote:


Take down Ice to be behind Balance and it's all good. You somewhat have a point, but it'd that some people don't even JOIN the tournaments and usually I see Fire and Myth wizards.
Balance has a way to get around shields: Hydra, Spectral Blast, Chimera. I'm pretty sure that now that Zafaria is out that Balance and Myth might be at the top for 1v1.


We'll stray to far from this topic if we start talking about the order on our little school list. The point I am trying to make is made, the schools are unbalanced, so thats why pvp needs to be balanced.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
Solstice64 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:


Take down Ice to be behind Balance and it's all good. You somewhat have a point, but it'd that some people don't even JOIN the tournaments and usually I see Fire and Myth wizards.
Balance has a way to get around shields: Hydra, Spectral Blast, Chimera. I'm pretty sure that now that Zafaria is out that Balance and Myth might be at the top for 1v1.


We'll stray to far from this topic if we start talking about the order on our little school list. The point I am trying to make is made, the schools are unbalanced, so thats why pvp needs to be balanced.


Ever hear too many cooks spoil the stew? If all the schools were alike then whats the point of different schools? Every school has different strengths and weaknesses its our jobs as wizards to learn how to cover our weaknesses.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
joujou11cool wrote:
Solstice64 wrote:
PvP is perfectly balanced if we look at it from the perspective of a Fire wizard, sadly this view changes drastically if you switch to a less fortunate school.



Every school is balanced, there's no worst school or better school.


Don't even try, unless Storm is on top you won't stop hearing him rant about how Fire, Myth, Ice etc are "unbalanced." Thats the number one reason why I wouldn't care if Ki got rid of PvP the spammed false reports and having spells called overpowered. This guy compared efreet to helephant which you don't have to fight a boss with 16,000+ health to get.
I don't have a problem with the spells Ki makes if they are underpowered then I say something. In my opinion I hope some people agree with me I don't think Ki has ever made an overpowered spell. They should know if its overpowered or not.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
joujou11cool wrote:
Solstice64 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:


Those are the schools that have won most of the time, they're not the best. It depends on the player.


I'll break it down for you, but I doubt it will help. Here is a table of vital things for pvp and the schools that don't have those things.

Damage Bubble: Balance, Life, Death
A way to clear or go around shields: Balance, Life, Storm
Healing: (all schools have this since you can train it with training points.)
Shields: All
Damage Boosting: All (balance has tiny blades though.)

These are the very basics. This proves that some schools have an advantage over others, but when you put them in action you end up with a list like this (schools at the top are more powerful, this is for 1v1 and pre-zafaria (I don't know about pvp in the new era.))

Fire/Myth
Ice
Death
Balance
Storm
Life

Players can over come this with skill, but they are still at a disadvantage. This can discourage many less skilled pvpers.

-Solstice64


Take down Ice to be behind Balance and it's all good. You somewhat have a point, but it'd that some people don't even JOIN the tournaments and usually I see Fire and Myth wizards.
Balance has a way to get around shields: Hydra, Spectral Blast, Chimera. I'm pretty sure that now that Zafaria is out that Balance and Myth might be at the top for 1v1.


I think balance got a somewhat usless spell for pvp. Chimera is going to be spirit shielded by others and the resist won't help either. Balance used to be up there but since the waterworks release its gotten down ranked by a lot.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
Solstice64 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:


Take down Ice to be behind Balance and it's all good. You somewhat have a point, but it'd that some people don't even JOIN the tournaments and usually I see Fire and Myth wizards.
Balance has a way to get around shields: Hydra, Spectral Blast, Chimera. I'm pretty sure that now that Zafaria is out that Balance and Myth might be at the top for 1v1.


We'll stray to far from this topic if we start talking about the order on our little school list. The point I am trying to make is made, the schools are unbalanced, so thats why pvp needs to be balanced.


I'm proving my point about how the schools ARE balanced. Wizard101central only says that Fire and Myth WON most of the tournaments. Most of the wizards that join are Fire and Myth, and some that are really good players don't have wizard101central accounts. All the schools are balanced by having their own way in pvp, having different battle tactics, and it also depends on your gear. If you're complaining that Fire and Myth are too strong, the wizards I've defeated most are Fire and Myth. I'm a Balance wizard, which is supposed to be "tied for 2nd place school" as said on wizard101central. All and I mean ALL of the schools are balanced. If they weren't, then NO ONE would be able to defeat Fire and Myth. See it now? Have you defeated a Fire or Myth wizard before? Did any of your friends defeat them before? I'm pretty sure 99.99% of the game would say yes. That's my point on how all the schools are balanced. Any school can win or lose, depending on the strategy. Pvp was never broken to start with. KI can't fix something that's not broken. If they saw the problem, they would act to it immediately. As I've said above, we're not the experts, KI is. There's my point of how it is.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
407
[quote=joujou11cool

I'm proving my point about how the schools ARE balanced. Wizard101central only says that Fire and Myth WON most of the tournaments. Most of the wizards that join are Fire and Myth, and some that are really good players don't have wizard101central accounts. All the schools are balanced by having their own way in pvp, having different battle tactics, and it also depends on your gear. If you're complaining that Fire and Myth are too strong, the wizards I've defeated most are Fire and Myth. I'm a Balance wizard, which is supposed to be "tied for 2nd place school" as said on wizard101central. All and I mean ALL of the schools are balanced. If they weren't, then NO ONE would be able to defeat Fire and Myth. See it now? Have you defeated a Fire or Myth wizard before? Did any of your friends defeat them before? I'm pretty sure 99.99% of the game would say yes. That's my point on how all the schools are balanced. Any school can win or lose, depending on the strategy. Pvp was never broken to start with. KI can't fix something that's not broken. If they saw the problem, they would act to it immediately. As I've said above, we're not the experts, KI is. There's my point of how it is.

1. Don't you think there is reason why most of the people that join are fire and myth? Especially becuase myth is one of the rarest schools.

2. Just becuase you've beaten a fire and myth wizard before doesn't mean that your school is equal. The difference in power isn't THAT big and in ranked pvp, skill levels vary becuase of the sheer number of people. The only way to truly tell if a school is OP is from tournaments, as by the final round, you have some pretty darn good pvpers facing off.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Solstice64 wrote:
[quote=joujou11cool

I'm proving my point about how the schools ARE balanced. Wizard101central only says that Fire and Myth WON most of the tournaments. Most of the wizards that join are Fire and Myth, and some that are really good players don't have wizard101central accounts. All the schools are balanced by having their own way in pvp, having different battle tactics, and it also depends on your gear. If you're complaining that Fire and Myth are too strong, the wizards I've defeated most are Fire and Myth. I'm a Balance wizard, which is supposed to be "tied for 2nd place school" as said on wizard101central. All and I mean ALL of the schools are balanced. If they weren't, then NO ONE would be able to defeat Fire and Myth. See it now? Have you defeated a Fire or Myth wizard before? Did any of your friends defeat them before? I'm pretty sure 99.99% of the game would say yes. That's my point on how all the schools are balanced. Any school can win or lose, depending on the strategy. Pvp was never broken to start with. KI can't fix something that's not broken. If they saw the problem, they would act to it immediately. As I've said above, we're not the experts, KI is. There's my point of how it is.


1. Don't you think there is reason why most of the people that join are fire and myth? Especially becuase myth is one of the rarest schools.

2. Just becuase you've beaten a fire and myth wizard before doesn't mean that your school is equal. The difference in power isn't THAT big and in ranked pvp, skill levels vary becuase of the sheer number of people. The only way to truly tell if a school is OP is from tournaments, as by the final round, you have some pretty darn good pvpers facing off.

That is not true Solstice, sorry, but I have to agree with JouJou here.

I am not part of Central, also, I do not participate in their tournaments.

However, I am sure, that if I was, any school I would bring would be at the top of their leadboards.

Some people have an easier time with myth or fire, so they prefer these schools when they pvp. That does not mean that those schools are better or superior to other schools.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
407
darthjt wrote:


1. Don't you think there is reason why most of the people that join are fire and myth? Especially becuase myth is one of the rarest schools.

2. Just becuase you've beaten a fire and myth wizard before doesn't mean that your school is equal. The difference in power isn't THAT big and in ranked pvp, skill levels vary becuase of the sheer number of people. The only way to truly tell if a school is OP is from tournaments, as by the final round, you have some pretty darn good pvpers facing off.


That is not true Solstice, sorry, but I have to agree with JouJou here.

I am not part of Central, also, I do not participate in their tournaments.

However, I am sure, that if I was, any school I would bring would be at the top of their leadboards.

Some people have an easier time with myth or fire, so they prefer these schools when they pvp. That does not mean that those schools are better or superior to other schools.


Darth, have you ever read the wizard101 central tourney rules? I've read the kind of strategies you do, and those kind are banned over there (yep, no shatter, dispel limit, resist limit, etc.) - The point of this paragraph is that if you joined a tourney you wouldn't prove your point.

MOST people find it easier to pvp on myth and fire, while many people find it harder to pvp on life. This is what makes pvp hierarchy.

-Solstice64

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
joujou11cool wrote:
Here's the perfect way to balance pvp. Even though most of you won't agree with me. I find the best way to balancing pvp is to keep it the way it is. If you actually thought about it, and saw yourself fighting a different school in your own way that you described it should be, would the battle be too easy? Complaining about how much weaker your school is, and if they chose what you wanted changed, would that make the main storyline too easy for you? Would that make fighting other schools too easy?

We're not experts, KI is. Anyone can win and lose. If you're having troubles with your wizard, why isn't everyone in the entire game complaning? I'm pretty sure that KI would have noticed if 1 school was dominating over the other. With the Sirens spell, people say it's overpowered. Complaining already, before they even changed it and launched it into the live realm. Complaining about the gear, even though they hadn't made changes before it goes into the live realm. Complain when it actually comes out, and if it's actually everyone's problem, not just yours.

Complaining about a school too weak, spell too strong. Other people have complained about their school being weak, while you're complaining about their attacks being too strong.

There are a whole lot of complaints about Judgement. Making it a level 38 spell? That would be way too late, and it'd already be too weak for us. Complaining about Tempest, it's not even considered strong anymore, considering that you'll get Storm Lord. It's a temporary spell. Like this: Oh this spell's awesome! As you as you get it. Then later on: Totally outta my deck.

Storm needs damage, otherwise their health would have to be boosted. Balance needs Judgement at level 28. It's not even that good compared to Spectral Blast. You get that at level 26, and yet it attacks faster, and actually lets you hit hard 2 times in a row.

Now getting to the details. People keep on trying to change pvp up, making it easier for them to defeat enemies, making it impossible for enemies to defeat them. Changing pvp is going to stop everyone from pvp for good. Even ranked pvp! No one would go for any of the pvp gear. I'll even be honest, I made a thread about changing pvp just a slight bit. If the player that goes first defeats the second guy, why not make it so that the second person could still use that one last spell they chose, and if the 2nd player defeated the first the same round the 1st defeated the second wizard, it would be counted as a draw. When I actually thought about it, I thought that that was the lamest way to change pvp up (no offense if you posted a similiar thread to that). But the second wizard already had their chance to anticipate, and defend themselves. If you're complaining about a spell being too strong, then shield! I hear people say that shields are for noobs that can't survive an attack. I'm super close to maxing my level out, and I still use shields for defense. NO spell and absolutely NO spell is too strong. There's a point of shields in the game, not just to hang around and take space in your deck, but to help you survive and weaken the opponent's spell. Sure there's shatter, but isn't there reshuffle? There's Triage, but isn't there poison? Critical, critical block. Super high hit, super high heal. There's a counter-spell for everything. If you're having trouble hitting with Skeletal Dragon, then use a different spell. Skeletal dragon doesn't really on the poisoning effect, the first hit can be pretty nasty. People also say that fizzling shouldn't be in pvp. I hardly fizzle, no one really fizzles anymore, and if there wasn't any fizzling in pvp, then what could be your best chance to survive? Super charge boosts too much people say. That's kind of why it takes away ALL of your pips. They'll have to re-stock on pips until they can attack hard. Insane bolt could be used, no problem, it has a backfire to it. In ranked pvp, my opponent boosted up pretty well, and when I see those clouds from insane bolt come in, I thought I was dead meat. Then I saw the critical, another oh no. Then, it backfired. What luck! Insane bolt came in because people complained about Wild Bolt. Well if you don't like Insane Bolt, then it was your fault for complaining about Wild Bolt. KI had to find a solution, because people were threatening that they'd quit the game. If you hadn't complained and said you would quit like a little kid, then KI would've probably given you a better spell. It's not their fault at all, it's the people that complained about Wild Bolt. So if you're complaining about Insane Bolt now, hey, it was your own fault for the complaining of Wild Bolt. So if pvp were to be changed, it would be in the same standard as Insane Bolt. A lot more people complaining, so the next time you think of changing pvp, think about Insane Bolt. Thanks for listening! I always have an open mind for your thoughts, and I'd love to hear them.
The problem is the low health, and sun spells like colossal and gargantuan and overpowered gear. Storm can keep its damage, subtracting garg and colossal, but the accuracy buffs need to go. Storm is SUPPOSED to fizzle a lot like fire. Life is suppose to be a weaker school, yet I find my life wizard being able do 4500 damage on the second turn.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Solstice64 wrote:

Darth, have you ever read the wizard101 central tourney rules? I've read the kind of strategies you do, and those kind are banned over there (yep, no shatter, dispel limit, resist limit, etc.) - The point of this paragraph is that if you joined a tourney you wouldn't prove your point.

MOST people find it easier to pvp on myth and fire, while many people find it harder to pvp on life. This is what makes pvp hierarchy.

-Solstice64


Like I said Solstice, I don't go to Central.

However, just because they have "House Rules" does not mean that I would lose because of them.

You can pick any rules you want, does not mean it will save you on the PvP battlefield when you face me.

PvP is like chess, you have to think 3 to 5 moves ahead, anticipate what your opponent will do. Problem is, as with chess, there are so many different things you can do. I am unpredictable! However, most people that play PvP, can't say the same thing.

Which is also why, it is usually quite easy to defeat a fire or myth wizard on the battlefield, they are usually quite predictable.

Never underestimate your opponent, if you do, you lost already!

When I go into battle, I hope to see someone that gives me a real challenge, I hope to see something new, I never think, ah easy win. However, I am usually disappointed, but if I let my guard down, then I will be defeated.

This is also why choosing other schools, like Life, Death, Ice, and Balance are fun to use.

Oh, and just because I teach a few of my tricks here on the message board, don't think I give everything away, or my best tricks. I am not that generous.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
Solstice64 wrote:
darthjt wrote:


1. Don't you think there is reason why most of the people that join are fire and myth? Especially becuase myth is one of the rarest schools.

2. Just becuase you've beaten a fire and myth wizard before doesn't mean that your school is equal. The difference in power isn't THAT big and in ranked pvp, skill levels vary becuase of the sheer number of people. The only way to truly tell if a school is OP is from tournaments, as by the final round, you have some pretty darn good pvpers facing off.


That is not true Solstice, sorry, but I have to agree with JouJou here.

I am not part of Central, also, I do not participate in their tournaments.

However, I am sure, that if I was, any school I would bring would be at the top of their leadboards.

Some people have an easier time with myth or fire, so they prefer these schools when they pvp. That does not mean that those schools are better or superior to other schools.


Darth, have you ever read the wizard101 central tourney rules? I've read the kind of strategies you do, and those kind are banned over there (yep, no shatter, dispel limit, resist limit, etc.) - The point of this paragraph is that if you joined a tourney you wouldn't prove your point.

MOST people find it easier to pvp on myth and fire, while many people find it harder to pvp on life. This is what makes pvp hierarchy.

-Solstice64</div>
</blockquote>

Well, in the tournaments you're not allowed to equip stat gear. So you'll have to strategize with your lowest stats. If you were allowed to equip gear in the tournaments, I'm sure that all the schools would be at the "top rank" instead of just Fire and Myth. Darth is right, most people prefer to use Fire or Myth because it's easier for them. Everyone has their comfort with each school. It's harder for me to play on my Ice wizard then my Balance because Balance suits me. Myth and Fire can be strong, but they were never the strongest to even start with. Medusa can stun, you can stun block. Efreet can weakness, you can cleanse charm. As I've said above, there's a counter for everything. Ice has a lot of health and resist, Storm has a lot of damage boost and critical. KI would've noticed 5 years ago if one school was overpowering the other. People with more skill and strategy can play the more complex schools. Fire and Myth are easy to play with for people that don't have as much skill or strategy. A Storm wizard could go for defence, an Ice wizard could go for damage. If you can just find the key to get your wizard to his/her stage that suits you the very most and you find easy to play with, then you'll be really good in pvp. While the keys for Fire and Myth are open. Myth, get a minion, shield up and attack when your minion double traps or blades you. Fire, blade a few times and you hit real hard. I'm sure that this is what most Fire and Myth wizards do. If I'm wrong, then sorry, I don't play much on my Fie/Myth wizards. I stick to my main 3: Balance, Life, and Ice. People would say that Fire and Myth is easy to go with, well for me it's a different story. I'm not comfortable with how wide open their defences are, and that's what gets me to lose. Strategy of the player is the key to getting to your best. Skill of the wizard to survive. Strategy to defeat your enemies. Intellegence to know the best way for your deck. Fire and Myth I defeat easy because they're just plain predictable. They're only good with 1 strategy, get minion and shield up for Myth, blade up a bunch of times then find an open attack for Fire. It's easy to predict their moves, while with the other schools, there are a whole bunch of different strategies for them that are much harder to predict. That's Fire's and Myth's weakness: too predictable.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
563
I actually think getting rid of all these spells and "strategies" will just unbalance it more, but that's only what I think.

1