Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Shield GREYROSE PLEASE READ

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
Dont you just hate it when balance people judge you and your tower shield doesnt hate you??? I really dont complain that much but i just hate that balance people always use the same judgement strategy to win in PVP!! I think judge is badder than wild bolt! Wild bolt fizzles a lot so stop complaining! Judgment is bad like all the balance people use Elemental Shield, or Spirit Shield, then Balance Blade, Hex, Bladestorm, Feint at the last minute then BOOM like 1500 damage WITH a tower on. ITS CRAZY!!! I hate it when they do that!!! All balance people defense are, no we dont cheat its just a school spell!! Well ya know what why doesnt heck hound be the same or Tempest?? Isnt storm suppose to be strong?? Then why is Tempest only 80 and Judge 125??? Why doesnt balance have a Balance Shield??? What the?? Really weird if ya ask me this no balance shield thing is lame. I really want Greyrose to respond to this because they have shields for every school! Balance has no shield except Tower!! But it only does -50%!!!! MAKE A BALANCE SCHOOL SHIELD ITS WAY EASIER I DONT MEAN A TOWER SHIELD THING I MEAN IT OnlY SHIELDS BALANCE BUT It DOES MINUS 80% INSTEAD. I really want Greyroses opinion of this.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
I dont currently have any balance wizards, but I know this is a bad idea. You will be amazed at what a few weaknesses and tower shields could do for you. This does not mean spam tower shield, You play a tower when you get hex or feint on you. So stop crying and get back in there and learn to pvp

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
It makes posts and comments much easier to read if they are broken up into paragraphs.

As for the balance shield, it is kind of unnecessary. A simple tower shield can meet all your needs.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
brendanef9 wrote:
Dont you just hate it when balance people judge you and your tower shield doesnt hate you??? I really dont complain that much but i just hate that balance people always use the same judgement strategy to win in PVP!! I think judge is badder than wild bolt! Wild bolt fizzles a lot so stop complaining! Judgment is bad like all the balance people use Elemental Shield, or Spirit Shield, then Balance Blade, Hex, Bladestorm, Feint at the last minute then BOOM like 1500 damage WITH a tower on. ITS CRAZY!!! I hate it when they do that!!! All balance people defense are, no we dont cheat its just a school spell!! Well ya know what why doesnt heck hound be the same or Tempest?? Isnt storm suppose to be strong?? Then why is Tempest only 80 and Judge 125??? Why doesnt balance have a Balance Shield??? What the?? Really weird if ya ask me this no balance shield thing is lame. I really want Greyrose to respond to this because they have shields for every school! Balance has no shield except Tower!! But it only does -50%!!!! MAKE A BALANCE SCHOOL SHIELD ITS WAY EASIER I DONT MEAN A TOWER SHIELD THING I MEAN IT OnlY SHIELDS BALANCE BUT It DOES MINUS 80% INSTEAD. I really want Greyroses opinion of this.
there are 3 kinds of towers shields there are there are more then 3 kinds of weakness there is more shields for a balance there there are any other school in the game and on the bolts so many people are bolting everyone has storm shields so by the time i could tempest there wouls be a 100 storm shields on them there is nothing wrong with judgment or bolt they are fine the way they are scot deathhammer grandmasters-fire storm balnce myth noobs death

Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
Defender
Dec 17, 2008
I'll admit, Judgement is really strong. And tower shields don't do much, but they do enough. Most people have over 1500 health, and I've rarely hit over 3000 with Judgement. You just have to know when to use the Tower shield. Don't use it right away. Use it after the balance wizard uses at least 2 buffs, or after a feint. You also should know that Feint puts 70% on the opponent and 30% on you. If a balance wizard puts feint on you, you should use feint on your opponent. Then the feint that gets used when he hits you will be the 30%, rather than his 70%. Meaning that both traps would not be used, just the last one that was put up.

I have a level 30 balance warlord, and I'll admit it's hard to beat me, but there are people that do. Also, in the real game, balance is hard to be. We have a really hard time, especially in places like dragonspyre when we have to fight many balance mobs. Balance mobs have a resist to balance, and we're stuck having to use Spectral Blast, or Hydra only. Balance excels in PvP, but that's about all.

You should make a balance wizard to see what we go through.

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
AH there it is level 30 balance WARLORD! of course all you guys use is judge i am a GRANDMASTER balance and i know the limits of judgement practically a full power pip judge with balanceblade bladestorm hex and feint on a dragonspire mob they have 35 balance resist btw will still be over 3000 with a tower shield, weakness and 35 to 40 balance resist will be in the three to four didgits yes but it cannot kill you if you have over 1500 health so there is really no need for a minus 80 balance shield.

noah soulfountain
balance level 50

Survivor
Nov 03, 2009
stopping balance is easy. i'm not going to tell you how, because i am balance... but i will give you a hint: pressure. you figure the rest out.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
phantombeck wrote:
stopping balance is easy. i'm not going to tell you how, because i am balance... but i will give you a hint: pressure. you figure the rest out.

Yep, but it's been stated time and time again that this pressure is highly dependant upon LUCK (getting the right cards etc) vs. sitting back, shielding, weakness, black mantle, buffing then casting judgement for the win.

A fully buffed judgement will do over 3k damage and easily slice through a tower shield on a storm character and one shot kill.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Somebody said, "All life wizards heal too much". But I felt that was like saying, "All storm wizards have high health". So they casted infection on me, and I was just like, "That's just going to make me heal more when you cast that!". I don't like when people don't like someone else's school

Caroline Sunbright
Grandmaster theurgist

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
Judgement can be beat with thoughtful use of tower shields and over 1500 health. I never lose to balance grandmasters on my level 30 balance wizard (I use a defensive strategy so I'm not winning with judgement).

Balance can also be beat with cleanse ward and over 1000 health. I never lose to balance grandmasters on my level 24 myth wizard when I go first.

What makes judgement fair is that it uses all your opponent's pips. As long as you have set your defenses set such that you survive the first hit, you have plenty of time to recover (or attack if you have more health than me).

Survivor
May 08, 2009
scorch68 wrote:
Judgement can be beat with thoughtful use of tower shields and over 1500 health. I never lose to balance grandmasters on my level 30 balance wizard (I use a defensive strategy so I'm not winning with judgement).

Balance can also be beat with cleanse ward and over 1000 health. I never lose to balance grandmasters on my level 24 myth wizard when I go first.

What makes judgement fair is that it uses all your opponent's pips. As long as you have set your defenses set such that you survive the first hit, you have plenty of time to recover (or attack if you have more health than me).

that i nice and all but when you try to hit them the have tons of elemental and spirit shields so you can't break them and then you gotta hit over them. It is harder when they have pvp armor. I am not a whiner but they need to tweak it a bit so more can be done.

Wolf stormwraith
gm necromancer

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
brendanef9 wrote:
im fire not storm lol and im good at pvp i am a overlord
Ok I follow up on the fact that judge is a deadly per pip spell just as tempest is with full power pips and no shields on the receiving end.
I can understand if you've been judged several times, it is infuriating but you just have to get over it. It's the spell that KI chose for balance and there's nothing we can do about it, nothing at all.

My 42 balance can hit over 2500 easily with full power pips, bladestorm and hex. Very rarely does she get the pips when she needs them but I adapt with her and think a new strategy while I try to get my pips.

Noticing you're fire, why don't you steal charm? Fire has the ability to steal blades and weaken the judgement coming to them and like posters above said: Time your towers!

Tara Emeraldhead~Grandmaster Theurgist~Warlord

Survivor
Oct 23, 2009
I know a Storm wizard that damaged a boss (not pvp) almost 8000 points with tempest using a lot of buffs, traps, blades and so.

In general I think the game is balanced, maybe not perfectly but it is.
Every school have some abilities that others don't.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2008
First of all, I think adding a minus 80% balance shield would be terrible.
And whats all this nonsense about judgement? I could easily say the same thing about all the other schools, oh fire dose damage over time and gets past all my shields! oh! ice has to much health! oh! life heals to much! oh storm wizards are to powereful! every school has advantegis and disadvanteges like in order to save up enough pips to cast a devistating judgement you have to take multipul hits and get delt heavy damage! and yes elemental shield and spirit shield cast pips to cast. if you are at a disadvnatege in a pvp then you should come up with a strategy to beat them! notjust whine about how unfair it is! being challanged with obstucles and overcoming those obsticles is what makes the game FUN!!! think about it would you pay to play a game were you just click a button and your invinceble, then click again and you KO all enimies?
Of course not! every school is fine just the way it is and people don't need to be complaining about it on thes foroms! ryan jadespear leaval 38 magus sorcerer

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Storm can do 130 million damage with tempest. Thats the record

Survivor
Apr 09, 2009
Saying the Balance school can be beat does not exonerate it from the charge that it is 'out of balance' with the other schools as far as PvP is concerned. Neither does the fact that they may have a tough time in the other areas of the game- this is the PvP forum.

No other school requires the exacting defense that balance does. If the Feint, dual-blades deck set-up is used, having a well timed tower is nigh irrelevant. Only a single shield defense is required to defend for all but a pair of Myth spells (and Minotaurs are not known for 3000 damage), but not only is tower required, but also a weakness, or charm debuff of some form (negating, stealing, weakness, plague), if a deck doesn't have these critical elements, and get them in pace when needed, the Judgments win most of the time- and this assumes the Balance player is fooled into casting while weakened and a tower is up.

With higher levels, wizards get more health so it isn't as bad, but in the 30-40 level range- a Balance defense needs to be practically tailored to survive Judgement bombing, & even then it's a scramble of tossing cards to get the key defensive elements needed in place before Lady Justice detonates in your face.

Finally, this 'pressure tactic' can be used on some Balance players that are not good at defense, but for any Balance player worth their sand, it's not gonna happen unless we are talking about Wild Bolt pressure and such. Balance is too good at defending -this coming from a Level 20 Balance Warlord that does not use Treasures or Judgement: Tanking enough to weather the storm of all the other schools, yet Balance is my Achilles Heel... now why is that, hmmm... is it perhaps that I don't have a specific anti-Balance deck set-up with towers? You be the Judge

Survivor
May 08, 2009
Well,I think what bothers me is the attitude of many balance wizards in this game. Many of them are big shots, with huge ego's that comment on everything. Those commentators bug me. And then they think they are unstoppable. When balance gets first attack, all they have to do I'd double up the blades and wand hit to slice a tower and the. Judgement For the win. Then they get the almighty king attitude. Not all balance wizards dothis, I am buddies with plenty of balance wizards, but it seems in the arena, they have this Infuriating attitude. This is not as bad as botlers. When bolters think they are the best, that is awful. Bolting takes nooo skill with keen eyes And pvp or storm gear. But overall, KI needs to tweak the game a bit to allow us to bring those big shots to their knees. And that not smart person that said balance has more shields than any other school must be real dumb. Don't towers and weakens work for all the schools? Don't the oher schools have school shields as well? Sooo who really has more shields than everyone else. Seriously think before you speak.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
matvince90 wrote:
I'll admit, Judgement is really strong. And tower shields don't do much, but they do enough. Most people have over 1500 health, and I've rarely hit over 3000 with Judgement. You just have to know when to use the Tower shield. Don't use it right away. Use it after the balance wizard uses at least 2 buffs, or after a feint. You also should know that Feint puts 70% on the opponent and 30% on you. If a balance wizard puts feint on you, you should use feint on your opponent. Then the feint that gets used when he hits you will be the 30%, rather than his 70%. Meaning that both traps would not be used, just the last one that was put up.

I have a level 30 balance warlord, and I'll admit it's hard to beat me, but there are people that do. Also, in the real game, balance is hard to be. We have a really hard time, especially in places like dragonspyre when we have to fight many balance mobs. Balance mobs have a resist to balance, and we're stuck having to use Spectral Blast, or Hydra only. Balance excels in PvP, but that's about all.

You should make a balance wizard to see what we go through.

I am sorry. I know this is old news, but I have to comment on this.

I made it from level 1 to 50 in about 3 weeks with balance. I am not trying to boast or brag, but I wanted to give the opposite end as an example. I both work and go to school, so yes I do have a life outside of the Spiral.

Dragonspyre gives average to poor experience. Mooshu was obviously the best for experience.

Yes there are many dragonspyre balance mobs, but you need to remember, if your clothes have balance BOOSTS on them, all spectral blasts and hydra's are also boosted. Having a back up school like myth or fire really helps with game questing when you are balance since we get free blades. (Meaning, no cost out of training points.)

Many people have told people to invest training points in feint & tower shield. NOT TRUE if you don't have any interest in spending time in pvp.

Those things (feint & tower) help a balance out in the arena, but if you want something to help you solo, throw them all into a spirit class. Remember we have the BEST blades. Even compared to the 40% blade classes because we can increase anything we want. That combined with spirit/elemental blades help greatly. Balance does quite well in addition to their own spells with the help of another class' multiple enemy attack spells. Sandstorm is a joke, so I used meteor shower for my first 20 levels