Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Shield?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
I love to do ranked but, I hate losing but these balance wizards always beat me. I totally think it is because balance does not have a shield. They DO have attack spells. So there should be a balance shield. I mean life heals and attacks but they DO have a life shield. And I do not want to lose every time I face a balance wizard.

Julia Emerald Strider 39 life

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
Matro445 on Dec 17, 2012 wrote:
I love to do ranked but, I hate losing but these balance wizards always beat me. I totally think it is because balance does not have a shield. They DO have attack spells. So there should be a balance shield. I mean life heals and attacks but they DO have a life shield. And I do not want to lose every time I face a balance wizard.

They do not have a shield as their is no opposing school and as a result, A balance shield is unneeded. Besides, you have got tower shield anyway.

Survivor
May 21, 2010
i know exactly what you mean. i have a myth lvl 35 and everytime i go up against someone they judge once they have full pips and tower every turn before that. that is just dumb. I know some people will say you can can also tower and resist but if you are 30-40 there isnt much to do about it. I am super annoyed by tower spammers then judge. I want to quit the game because my 2 favorite schools are really bad where they are in pvp. My myth gets judge and my fire lvl 89 is always treated like trash in pvp and thanks to ice 102% resist fire is starting to become a horrible school. Even converts dont work for fire because the ice still has like 50% resist to everything else. Ice admit it you are OP beyond compare! Now i know there will be a lot of people disagreeing and maybe agreeing but these strategies have to stop evertime you go up against someone. I know a lot of people will either say just stop pvp or find out a new strategy but i am almost down to 300 points in pvp.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
O: O: O: O: i agree i am a captain ice level 89 and i did a 1v1 against my balance friend and i had 2 different tower shields and she just used 2 different feints 2 balance blades (1 sharpened) and she just used judge and did 14 000 on me then i did a ranked and a tower a feint a blade mana burn 2 000 then you get the balance with myth mastery that is hard but i need a balance shield

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
I am a balance student and i fell neutral about this suggestion. I just want to put out there, that balance students judging and killing in one hit, is not the largest problem. Fire students have hit over time spells, and the shield only works for the first hit. Storm? Storm is way too strong to be stopped by a shield. Whenever i pvp, ( i am private rank, lvl 58), the opponent always puts a tower shield. There does not need to be a balance shield, a tower shield will work, and like i said in another post, at zero pips you can spam a tower all day

Explorer
Mar 06, 2010
I agree but even there there are no specifically balance shields, there are no specifically balance blades either. They are forced to use universal traps and blades, so all you have to do is tower and they lose most of their blades and traps.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
My first/main wizard is balance, which is why I don't like when people complain about judgement and having universal buffs instead of our own shields, traps, blades, etc. What you are all complaining about is what makes balance unique, balance's purpose. We are universal for a reason, KingsIsle made balance because it's unique to have a school that can give anyone buffs. Try playing 2v2 with a balance, we are nice to have around for blades. Basically, balance is meant to make you find a way around us in PvP. For example, using tower shield for defense against balance, anybody can train it. What I love about being against a balance in PvP is you have no other choice but to use pure strategy, which can be overcome within elemental and spirit schools, we are meant to be difficult to beat. It is what it is. As far as judgement goes, please everyone, stop complaining about this. There have been previous threads about ranters complaining about judgement. My question is; why judgement? If you're gonna hate judgement, don't forget to include storm hound, heck hound, and tempest. Learn to deal with using a different strategy against us rather than complaining about us.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

It's called Tower Shield. Train Ice or go buy it as a treasure card.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
RavenLady777 on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
It's called Tower Shield. Train Ice or go buy it as a treasure card.
but what if your a storm and you have low heath and you are poor and you chose a different second class

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011

YA I agree but just protect your self get good resistances, get tower shield, use spirit armor, use TC Ice/Frozen armor legion shield [The one of -30 shield to all friends]

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
it's called tower shield (treasure & trained) and spirit armour. use it.
if you aren't using what's available to you, that's your fault.

-von
L90 balance

Survivor
Nov 29, 2012

I completely get what you mean but balance has no school that opposes it. It's the only one with no opposing school so you don't need a balance shield, it's not worth it. Fire has a prism to convert fire to ice because if you are trying to defeat a fire boss and you are a fire wizard it is best to use it's opposing school. Balance doesn't have that. But I admit it would be good if Wizard 101 came up with another school to oppose balance.