Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance School (from a balance person)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
For the longest time, I have played 1v1 with my grandmaster balance wizard and taken heat for it. Some of the issues pertaining to balance school are:

1. Abundance of shield options - I think it's a certain boss in dragonspyre with protection pox minions that said "You can't kill what you can't hit" something like that

2. Helping Hands - balance having the ability to heal itself easily (although no initial heal, it's still pip efficient)

3. Feint & Judge Combo - enough to kill most people with full power pips and a boosted clothes judge (although it takes all your pips, usually you only need 1 hit to kill. If their health is low afterwards, another judge instead of a wand attack might do the trick, because you can use it with only 1 power pip as well.)

And i have to say, i agree with the critics. I dont use judge in my 1v1's but I admit it's incredibly difficult. It would be like death trying to win a 1v1 without Wraith. (Although i have 1200+ rank so balance people can still be successful without judge)
The marleybonian balance teacher is the one that said balance was "harder to master than the other schools but it's power is unbelievable". If many of you dont think balance is overpowered, then how come so many people are making balance students? Why is the 1v1 kiosk filled with balance icons?

If it was an easy fix for Kingsisle they would have done so already. I think, i would settle for just a drop in damage, from 100 to 75 and the clothes boosted 125 judgement attacks to 100, and see how that works. It would at least take more than a feint to kill someone.
In situations where the balance goes first, it's nearly impossible to stand a chance without tower treasures. for someone who doesnt use treasures thats a bit of a problem.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
I agree, my friend. I think it's stupid that people keep attacking balance. Seriously, I've made one, and it is hard! So don't worr about what others say, just keep on fighting. (and frankly, I can counter a judgement with a few tricks of my own that is will post: never.)

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
bashful1 wrote:
I agree, my friend. I think it's stupid that people keep attacking balance. Seriously, I've made one, and it is hard! So don't worr about what others say, just keep on fighting. (and frankly, I can counter a judgement with a few tricks of my own that is will post: never.)

You dont understand. i'm balance and saying judgement is overpowered. i use hydra and spectral in 1v1's but it's like death trying to win without wraith because usually people use elemental shields in doubles, and it's tough to take down both and get damage

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
I'm sorry, I didn't get my oppinion accross clearly:
Yes, I do think judgement is overpowered, but no, I, personally, don't have a problem witht he judgement strategy. I've worked out a few tricks of my own to block it, and again, it IS overpowered. BUT, what I'm saying is that if the strategy works, use it. Now, I have a different stance on wild bolt, but that's another topic.

I hope I got what I was trying to say across a little clearer.
Fred Angleblade, signing off.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
bashful1 wrote:
I'm sorry, I didn't get my oppinion accross clearly:
Yes, I do think judgement is overpowered, but no, I, personally, don't have a problem witht he judgement strategy. I've worked out a few tricks of my own to block it, and again, it IS overpowered. BUT, what I'm saying is that if the strategy works, use it. Now, I have a different stance on wild bolt, but that's another topic.

I hope I got what I was trying to say across a little clearer.
Fred Angleblade, signing off.

Thanks for being honest on the state of Judgement. There is little to use to defend against it and if the Balance wizard is going first you pretty much have to throw your hat into the luck arena to have a chance (assuming of course no basic play errors made).