Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance PvP Help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 25, 2012
Hello! Sooo I guess I don't need an introduction and i can just ask this one question: What are some good strategies for balance wizards in PvP? I mean I guess i'm kinda good at PvP and I know the basics so far BUT, I want to know if there are any other and better ways to PvP as a balance wizard. Right now I am a Corporal which is an ok rank considering all the effort I put in. I always go for the Feint + Blades + Judgement trick and I sometimes win because warlords will sometimes beat me. I believe I have about 15 wins 13 losses or so. If you guys know about any strategies or something that a Balance wizard like me could use, or anything PvP, share your idea and let your voice be heard!

P.S. Post what is your strategy to PvP!

Sincerely, Chris ShadowSword, Level 42 Balance Wizard

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
"Big Judgment" is easy to beat, so honestly that's the first thing you'll want to change. It's not that it is never useful, it's that you need other tricks up your sleeve.

If you want to succeed in PvP as a Master Balance wizard, here are the basics:
  • Your gear must boost universal resistance and damage to Balance hits
  • Train a pet that has Spell Proof and May Cast Fairy. Even better if you have Spell Defy, Pain Giver, or Balance Dealer.
  • Summon minions--preferably Spectral Minions. Be proactive and try to prevent them from dying.
  • Use dual shields to defend yourself, don't ever use triple shields.
  • Train Ice to Tower Shield. Train Fire to Glacial Shield. Train Life to Legend Shield. Identify your opponents school (and Mastery Amulet school) and defend accordingly.
  • Carry the following treasure cards at all times: Tower Shield, Triage, Shatter, Infallible, Weakness.
  • Carry Monstrous-enchanted Spectral Blasts, Sandstorms, and Scorpions. Carry Primordial-enchanted heals.
  • Carry a couple of 2-pip bubble spells. Do not let your opponent control the bubble. I like White Rat Magician, since it also breaks shields.
  • You very rarely beat Warlords with a one-hit strategy. Use combination attacks with Infallible engaged. Plan ahead, they will probably put weakness on you or put up a shield before your first hit, so start small. Finish your combo with Judgment.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2012
Ok, thank you Lucas for your tips! I have a very good pet for PvP already and I am still leveling. I won't be able to do the Fire and Life shields strat because I already spent my training points in Death up to Feint (which is very useful in my opinion) and Ice up to Tower Shield (once again, useful). I will try the other ways to do things, and etc. About the universal resist, when the update comes with the "gear grouping" feature I will make sure to use PvP clothes. Right now I stopped doing PvP and am leveling up and focusing on quests, etc. I will take your advice for the future though! I have a few friends who like to do PvP including a LvL 30 Myth Warlord, I will ask them for tips and strats too. Thank you for your valuable information Lucas! Bye for now...

Chris ShadowSword, Level 45 Balance Wizard