Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Magus setup: Is this good? Am I ready?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 11, 2011
Wizard name: Angel PixieDust

School: Balance Level:30

Gear: Hat, Robes, Boots are all from MtOlympus giving a good amount of health, balance damage boost, a little amount of specific school resist, in and out going healing, pip chance.

Wands is the Sky Iron Hasta mainly because for it's damage boost.

Decks:Lotus Deck, biggest deck I can find for my level.

Athame and Rings are those 20+something one which gives In and out healing boost and power pip chance each.

Amulet:Life Mastery

Pet: (currently) Ancient Infernal Chimera which comes with a Rampaging Chimera card, Unicorn Maycast, Life Giver and Spritly (wish me luck for more since one of it parents is a mega beta fish with all current healing may cast Thanks Destiny!)

Spells: Balance Prof: until Spectral Blast
Life Prof: until Satyr
Fire Prof: until Glacier Shield
Niles: All he could offer
Fire Cat alley witch: Unbalance(Dispel) & Reshuffle
Loremaster: Loremaster, Samurai & Handsome Formori(Not gonna use since I don't really gonna deal much Ice damage)
Spell Quest: Up until Judgement
Spells from main questline: until Black Mantle(Did not get Hex or Availing Hands onwards)

Is this good for PvP(mainly 1v1)? And also which spells is worth spending training points on Infection or Conviction? Currently PvP is running fine for me as I battle some (no offence) a little bit unprepared Privates, but I feared harder foes will come!

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
AngelPixieDust on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
Wizard name: Angel PixieDust

School: Balance Level:30

Gear: Hat, Robes, Boots are all from MtOlympus giving a good amount of health, balance damage boost, a little amount of specific school resist, in and out going healing, pip chance.

Wands is the Sky Iron Hasta mainly because for it's damage boost.

Decks:Lotus Deck, biggest deck I can find for my level.

Athame and Rings are those 20+something one which gives In and out healing boost and power pip chance each.

Amulet:Life Mastery

Pet: (currently) Ancient Infernal Chimera which comes with a Rampaging Chimera card, Unicorn Maycast, Life Giver and Spritly (wish me luck for more since one of it parents is a mega beta fish with all current healing may cast Thanks Destiny!)

Spells: Balance Prof: until Spectral Blast
Life Prof: until Satyr
Fire Prof: until Glacier Shield
Niles: All he could offer
Fire Cat alley witch: Unbalance(Dispel) & Reshuffle
Loremaster: Loremaster, Samurai & Handsome Formori(Not gonna use since I don't really gonna deal much Ice damage)
Spell Quest: Up until Judgement
Spells from main questline: until Black Mantle(Did not get Hex or Availing Hands onwards)

Is this good for PvP(mainly 1v1)? And also which spells is worth spending training points on Infection or Conviction? Currently PvP is running fine for me as I battle some (no offence) a little bit unprepared Privates, but I feared harder foes will come!
I think you have a good start. You have reasonable gear equipped. You're at a good level. I think staying at your current level would be ideal, as much farther up and you will start having to face opponents with critical on a regular basis. You should make sure to learn Tower Shield. Otherwise, your spell choices are ok. It's fantastic that you have the Loremaster spell. The main problem is your pet: it has heals, but it doesn't boost your resistance or balance damage. Also, with your gear setup, your balance hits are the only one's being boosted, it won't be helpful to have life damage talent.

I would not bother training infection or conviction, since your opponents likely can be defeated without either one using a proper deck setup. To progress, I recommend saving up your tickets for the Commander helmet or robe. Don't get the boots first.

Make sure you are carrying the following treasure cards: Tower Shield 55%, Triage, Satyr, monstrous-enchanted Loremaster, monstrous enchanted Sandstorm, Shatter, Infallible, Weakness -30%. You also should carry a bubble-changing spell, and in your case I recommend Clockwork Spider or Brown Spider.

Here are some tips:
  • Carry dual shields, including Volcanic Shield, Legend Shield, and Glacial Shield
    Protects you from all major one-hit wonder opponents. Life opponents can be managed with Tower Shield and Weakness.
  • Do not use triple shields
    Yep.
  • Carry maximum Tower Shields
    Allows you to get more pips while your opponent wastes a move.
  • Carry at least 3 regular weaknesses
    Allows you to get more pips while your opponent wastes a move.
  • Carry several Loremasters in your deck, use them when your opponent telegraphs a hit
    Delays opponent's endgame, takes health & shields, reduces their hits; almost the best spell ever.
  • Use your Spectral Minion if you have it, or Life Minion TC if you protect it from hits
    Minions force your opponent to hit and delays their endgame.
  • Do not lose control of the bubble
    It's inviting free damage on yourself if you fail to eliminate offensive bubbles.
  • Do not simply "Big Judge" all your opponents
    Many experienced opponents can defeat that strategy.
  • Use Infallible before going on a hitting streak
    If you use powerful combination hits, there is no need to use Infection since your hits take more health than their heals and pips will allow. Your win.