Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance is way too weak

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
13
Balance seriously needs to become way stronger. There's nothing good about Balance at all, they don't have shields, they don't have high damage, the only spell that they have that's good is Weakness. Power Play is stupid because it costs 4 pips even though it helps your opponent too, and Hydra isn't very good because the enemy you're casting it on is really likely to partially resist it. Balance is really weak and needs to be boosted.
I'm an wizard which is pretty good, but because of my other school being Balance I'm much weaker than I could be.
I'm writing this to see if other people agree with me.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2012
35
kingarlo on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
Balance seriously needs to become way stronger. There's nothing good about Balance at all, they don't have shields, they don't have high damage, the only spell that they have that's good is Weakness. Power Play is stupid because it costs 4 pips even though it helps your opponent too, and Hydra isn't very good because the enemy you're casting it on is really likely to partially resist it. Balance is really weak and needs to be boosted.
I'm an wizard which is pretty good, but because of my other school being Balance I'm much weaker than I could be.
I'm writing this to see if other people agree with me.
Eh i see what your saying but all schools have their flaws. At least balance has more attacks than life, so you should think of all the pros and cons before.

Rebecca Darkdust Level 67

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
No, there are no weak schools. There are, however, bad matches between wizards and schools,

I bet people can help you if you write out what your general strategy is, and what kind of gameplay you are going for. State what your goals are (ex- be a 1v1 PvP Warlord). Simply saying "X school is weak" doesn't really accomplish any of that.

Now, what can we do for you?

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
kingarlo on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
Balance seriously needs to become way stronger. There's nothing good about Balance at all, they don't have shields, they don't have high damage, the only spell that they have that's good is Weakness. Power Play is stupid because it costs 4 pips even though it helps your opponent too, and Hydra isn't very good because the enemy you're casting it on is really likely to partially resist it. Balance is really weak and needs to be boosted.
I'm an wizard which is pretty good, but because of my other school being Balance I'm much weaker than I could be.
I'm writing this to see if other people agree with me.
Balance is amazing...The only thing it doesn't have is a damage over time spell, and you can just use other schools. My balance is up at 2262 rating. Judgement, blades, shields to everything but itself, mana burn, supernova, power nova, sandstorm, helpful mander. I would never call balance weak.

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
120
I disagree. Balance DOES have shields, the elemental and spiritual shields. It doesn't have high damage because it is a balance. Average damage, universal spells, healing, attack all, and minions. The reason you have an issue with balance is because your using it as a second school so, your not getting the good spells, the shields, the healing, and the minions. I find hydra works very well against myth enemies. I can solo with balance (though that is harder than myth or death) but I work really well in a group (something my death stinks at). You're just trying to use it as what it isn't, an attack school. If you want that try fire or storm.
-Morgan Legendheart, level 50 , Celestia, The Survey Camp

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
kingarlo on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
Balance seriously needs to become way stronger. There's nothing good about Balance at all, they don't have shields, they don't have high damage, the only spell that they have that's good is Weakness. Power Play is stupid because it costs 4 pips even though it helps your opponent too, and Hydra isn't very good because the enemy you're casting it on is really likely to partially resist it. Balance is really weak and needs to be boosted.
I'm an wizard which is pretty good, but because of my other school being Balance I'm much weaker than I could be.
I'm writing this to see if other people agree with me.
Balance has the best variety of shields out of any school. They have the best variety of blades too. Their damage isn't the best but they do have good health. I agree with you on power play though. Overall, I think balance is still a great school and they really don't need a boost.

Explorer
May 21, 2012
83
kingarlo on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
Balance seriously needs to become way stronger. There's nothing good about Balance at all, they don't have shields, they don't have high damage, the only spell that they have that's good is Weakness. Power Play is stupid because it costs 4 pips even though it helps your opponent too, and Hydra isn't very good because the enemy you're casting it on is really likely to partially resist it. Balance is really weak and needs to be boosted.
I'm an wizard which is pretty good, but because of my other school being Balance I'm much weaker than I could be.
I'm writing this to see if other people agree with me.
lvl 60 and up balance probably have no problems whatsoever ad i cant wait to get there so i can get my waterworks gear. but i am currently lvl 50 balance and i am fine but i havent tried rank pvp yet. i wanna wait till i get all the spells i want. and i almst solo everything i am doing balance is a great school

Taln TaleTail50

Explorer
May 02, 2010
89
I think Balance wizards are a bit OP actually because there is no shield against balance damage unless you have a TS or something.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
7
kingarlo on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
Balance seriously needs to become way stronger. There's nothing good about Balance at all, they don't have shields, they don't have high damage, the only spell that they have that's good is Weakness. Power Play is stupid because it costs 4 pips even though it helps your opponent too, and Hydra isn't very good because the enemy you're casting it on is really likely to partially resist it. Balance is really weak and needs to be boosted.
I'm an wizard which is pretty good, but because of my other school being Balance I'm much weaker than I could be.
I'm writing this to see if other people agree with me.
Balance is mostly shields, traps, and blades.

they have Judgement which is 100 damage per pip, along with all the boosts that they have.

Explorer
Oct 20, 2011
69
kingarlo on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
Balance seriously needs to become way stronger. There's nothing good about Balance at all, they don't have shields, they don't have high damage, the only spell that they have that's good is Weakness. Power Play is stupid because it costs 4 pips even though it helps your opponent too, and Hydra isn't very good because the enemy you're casting it on is really likely to partially resist it. Balance is really weak and needs to be boosted.
I'm an wizard which is pretty good, but because of my other school being Balance I'm much weaker than I could be.
I'm writing this to see if other people agree with me.
What you're saying isn't true.
First of all Balance does have shields and the shields we have aren't useless. We also have blades that make our attack cards stronger. You need to really learn about balance. I truly disagree with your message.

Survivor
May 02, 2012
43
I disagree. Mine is level 44, and is awesome. You get blades, hexes, If secondary death, feint. I have wraith and it is so strong. So yea, again I disagree.

Brooke LionHeart
Level 47

Explorer
Jan 29, 2013
60
kingarlo on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
Balance seriously needs to become way stronger. There's nothing good about Balance at all, they don't have shields, they don't have high damage, the only spell that they have that's good is Weakness. Power Play is stupid because it costs 4 pips even though it helps your opponent too, and Hydra isn't very good because the enemy you're casting it on is really likely to partially resist it. Balance is really weak and needs to be boosted.
I'm an wizard which is pretty good, but because of my other school being Balance I'm much weaker than I could be.
I'm writing this to see if other people agree with me.
ok I had to laugh when I saw this because for a long time I had thought balance was weak..... but then I started doing a lot of pvp and now I cringe when I get a balance because honestly I think its one of the best schools. I have a balance warlord and have to say its one of the best pvp schools I have done for sure. There are no weak schools only weak stratagie's.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2010
2
Balance is one of the best schools for pvp in my opinion... Even at low level, you get three shields (elemental shield), and once you hit level 30 judgement can become your best friend. At an even higher level you get mana burn which does damage to them because they saved pips, and supernova, which makes it easy to keep an infallible off them. Honestly, you have to look at balance for their traits that aren't the same as other schools, and you will realize it is a really good school.

Survivor
May 30, 2011
3
Aye i see where you are coming from, but its just part of the game. Every school has there pros and cons (such as you have read above) but i have to agree, as a level 95 balance wizard(I've been playing since the game came out) it is hard for me to pvp, but i hope they do not change it. Its fun to have a challenge. Yeah its hard, Not great heals, not great attacks, and you never know what to pack in your deck for pvp. But as a veteran of the game, i think it would be better if they kept it the way it is
-Flint 95

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
210
Not only did I solo 95% of the game. I also got, and still get, constant requests to help others. This started in Krok so it's not a high level thing. Once I figured out a good strategy for offence and defence I rose pretty quickly in the ranks to Warlord. No, I don't believe Balance is weak, and my full friend list would likely agree since I have helped most of them more than a few times. Not as support, I am an attacker. With this school it is really important to understand HOW the game is played. You can't just strong arm your way through the game without really understanding, like you can with some more obviously powerful schools. But we are not weak, oh no, not at all.

Amber Raven Song 95, Warlord

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
kingarlo on Dec 24, 2013 wrote:
Balance seriously needs to become way stronger. There's nothing good about Balance at all, they don't have shields, they don't have high damage, the only spell that they have that's good is Weakness. Power Play is stupid because it costs 4 pips even though it helps your opponent too, and Hydra isn't very good because the enemy you're casting it on is really likely to partially resist it. Balance is really weak and needs to be boosted.
I'm an wizard which is pretty good, but because of my other school being Balance I'm much weaker than I could be.
I'm writing this to see if other people agree with me.
Actually, on the leaderboards, the top level PvP is dominated by Storm and Balance! Balance works well as a main school. However balance is not an ideal choice for training point spending past weakness. Death, life, and ice are more typically chosen for PvP effect spells. Balance is by no means weak. (I don't have a high level balance only a level 30)

Wolf SkullSlinger

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
175
I don't think is weak AT ALL! I'm not sure I understand how can be considered weak. If anything they would be overpowered before weak. I don't think they're really in either category, but they are one of the best schools. has some extremely powerful spells at their disposal. Supernova, Power nova, Manaburn, Loremaster, Ra, Sandstorm, Judgment, Tri-Shields, Availing Hands, Sandstorm enchanted is VERY powerful. LOL. How is weak?

I agree with most others, could have it's own blade but there would have to be balance specific shields or EVERYBODY would be balance and own everyone.

That's almost like saying damge over time should be all up front and then over time as well. Way too strong and gives the school no weakness and maximizes their strength.

I'm not against a specific blade, but specfic shields will be NECESSARY then.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
ViciousVenomousVix... on Feb 28, 2014 wrote:
I don't think is weak AT ALL! I'm not sure I understand how can be considered weak. If anything they would be overpowered before weak. I don't think they're really in either category, but they are one of the best schools. has some extremely powerful spells at their disposal. Supernova, Power nova, Manaburn, Loremaster, Ra, Sandstorm, Judgment, Tri-Shields, Availing Hands, Sandstorm enchanted is VERY powerful. LOL. How is weak?

I agree with most others, could have it's own blade but there would have to be balance specific shields or EVERYBODY would be balance and own everyone.

That's almost like saying damge over time should be all up front and then over time as well. Way too strong and gives the school no weakness and maximizes their strength.

I'm not against a specific blade, but specfic shields will be NECESSARY then.
I agree, actually supernova is one of the most powerful spells in the game. it does something like 267 damage per pip (check for specifics at Duelist101). My balance is one of my favorite characters, even at Magus. He has some 1650 rank so I'm quite proud of him . Balance is far from weak.

Wolf Legend

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4930
Wolf Skullslinger on Feb 28, 2014 wrote:
I agree, actually supernova is one of the most powerful spells in the game. it does something like 267 damage per pip (check for specifics at Duelist101). My balance is one of my favorite characters, even at Magus. He has some 1650 rank so I'm quite proud of him . Balance is far from weak.

Wolf Legend
SuperNova is not a 'per pip' damage spell:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Supernova

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Balance_School_Spells

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
RavenLady777 on Feb 28, 2014 wrote:
SuperNova is not a 'per pip' damage spell:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Supernova

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Balance_School_Spells
He never said it was a per pip damage spell, or X pip. He said that it does that much damage per pip, which is entirely true. All spells have a damage/pip ratio, and that is what he is referring to. For instance, ninja pigs is 5 pips and 128 damage per pip. It's just simplifying it to compare it to other spells; spells of different amounts of pips cannot be compared accurately, so they are divided into damage per pip.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
364
RavenLady777 on Feb 28, 2014 wrote:
SuperNova is not a 'per pip' damage spell:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Supernova

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Balance_School_Spells
No it is not a per-pip spell. But, if you evened out the damage to equal the 2 pips required to cast it, it becomes about 267.5 damage per pip you have to use to cast the spell. This makes it extremely powerful. For a reference, Storm Owl does 162.5 damage per pip. Do you see how strong balance can be? (And thank you Aaron SpellThief for reinforcing my post)

Wolf Skullslinger

http://www.duelist101.com/news/issues/supernova-problem-spell/

Here is the link to the Duelist101 article if you care to check it out

Survivor
Jun 21, 2013
3
Balance is very good for low level pvp because of weakness and elemental shield. With good tc though, balance can be unstoppable!