Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

balance is too hard to beat in pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 17, 2011
3
i never beat a balance in pvp so i think they need to be a little less strong in pvp i think no one can beat a balance so please kingsisle make their spells a little less powerfull

Cori Crowtamer level 44 master fire

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
zephran wrote:
i never beat a balance in pvp so i think they need to be a little less strong in pvp i think no one can beat a balance so please kingsisle make their spells a little less powerfull

Cori Crowtamer level 44 master fire
Balances are as mortal as you and me. They lose mana, they lose health, and I myself have killed many a Sorcerer. The trick is to time your Tower Shields right. Or, getting to level 70 might give you the edge you need. Take a good look at your strategy, and modify it to beat Balance.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1625
And the reason you lose is why? If it's Judgement, don't mind those players that try to make Balance simple. Yes, it is very hard to defeat a skilled Balance wizard, but most... Well, that I've seen, either:
Never use shields
Blade too many rounds before an attack
Use a low pip Judgement and so on.
If you're complaining about Balance, I have no idea what you're going to do with Ice. But, to be honest, not trying to make you look like a lame person, but Balance was rated the worst school or something like that, so, according to people, you should have an easy time defeating them. (NEVER stack up against a defensive Balance wizard, you'll get crushed!)

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
zephran wrote:
i never beat a balance in pvp so i think they need to be a little less strong in pvp i think no one can beat a balance so please kingsisle make their spells a little less powerfull

Cori Crowtamer level 44 master fire


Zephran,

Let me ask you just a few questions, that may point you in the direction you need to be in, to beat Balance.

1. Have you learned weakness, and have TC weakness?
2. Have you learned Tower, and use TC tower? How many do you have total?
3. Do you have either Darkpack or Empower in your TC sidedeck?
(or some other way to get ride of Feints?)
4. Do you have a few of each Tri-shields in your TC deck?
5. Do you put Monster on all of your spells.
6. Do you use Infection?
7. How many heals do you have in your deck and sidedeck?
8. How many shields do you have in your deck?
9. Is your Treasure Deck balanced correctly with your Main deck?
10. What combo of Blades do you use?

A fire should have no problem beating a Balance, as you can keep shields off wtihout any issue. Balance cannot do that, unless they use a TC like Shatter. If you are shielding at the right times, boosting correctly, and keeping heals handy, etc, I would think you should have little trouble beating a Balance at your level.
Remember one thing, keep a shield handy, and enough pips to heal at all times, unless you are releasing your "end game" combo.

Joe.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
5
zephran i completely agree with you. balance is almost impossible to beat.
i have a ton of tower shields and timed them right. but even with a tower shield, judgement can kill me in 2 hits. and i have 4600 health. they also use mana burn constantly so i can't hit whatsoever.

Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
39
zephran wrote:
i never beat a balance in pvp so i think they need to be a little less strong in pvp i think no one can beat a balance so please kingsisle make their spells a little less powerfull

Cori Crowtamer level 44 master fire


believe it or not balance has a few disadvantages such as any school can use balance blades but for judgement ra nova and balance spells that do balance damage we only can have a few blades and traps while other schools can use our blades and traps and their own to top it off compare chimera and sirens and rain of fire and all those we dont have those little side things just attacks to replace prisms we dont even have our own spear for judgement or ra or nova and etc balance isnt very full proof infact i think balance should get better than just tricks sure balance is good at giving blades traps and sabotage but it just seems it should also have a strong side. In the future i hope that balance gets some power instead of just tricky attacks

Ryan Owlblade transcendent sorcerer level 71

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
152
auguni123 wrote:
zephran wrote:
i never beat a balance in pvp so i think they need to be a little less strong in pvp i think no one can beat a balance so please kingsisle make their spells a little less powerfull

Cori Crowtamer level 44 master fire


believe it or not balance has a few disadvantages such as any school can use balance blades but for judgement ra nova and balance spells that do balance damage we only can have a few blads and traps while other schools can use our blades and traps and their own to top it off compare chimera and sirens and rain of fire and all those we dont have those little side things just attacks to replace prisms we dont even have our own spear for judgement or ra or nova and etc balance isnt very full proof infact i think balance should get better than just tricks sure balance is good at giving blades traps and sabotage but it just seems it should also have a strong side. In the future i hope that balance gets some power instead of just tricky attacks

Ryan Owlblade transcendent sorcerer level 71


Ok, sorry to be a grammar nazi, but periods are your friends. Seriously, it's a bit hard to follow you, Ryan. Other than that, the fact that your blades can be used by anyone in a battle is irrevelant in a 1v1 battle, which I'm mostly sure is where the OP is having trouble. I do not find balance to be the weak school you think it is.

Onto the original issue, I have a balance. She can win easily in PVP as long as they are her level. She loses, though, almost as much as she wins. It's how it goes. If you can't beat them, update your deck. Balance can be easy to beat if you know how. No matter how many shields they have up, fire can take them out with a fire elf, then do thier real damage. Some other people said Dark Pact treasue cards, I think, and for death there is Sacrifice. If you see a Balance wizard almost at full pips, thier strategy has been revealed. Tower shields, trained and TC because I believe you can stack them up, weakness, and a bunch of other stuff can stop them. You aren't helpless. I'm sure you could find more advice on other threads that complain about overpowered sorcerers, since there are as many as overpowered storm complaints. I'm afraid for my balance after what those did to my storm.

Amber Stormsong level 63 Diviner

Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
39
cameron225 wrote:
auguni123 wrote:
zephran wrote:
i never beat a balance in pvp so i think they need to be a little less strong in pvp i think no one can beat a balance so please kingsisle make their spells a little less powerfull

Cori Crowtamer level 44 master fire


believe it or not balance has a few disadvantages such as any school can use balance blades but for judgement ra nova and balance spells that do balance damage we only can have a few blads and traps while other schools can use our blades and traps and their own to top it off compare chimera and sirens and rain of fire and all those we dont have those little side things just attacks to replace prisms we dont even have our own spear for judgement or ra or nova and etc balance isnt very full proof infact i think balance should get better than just tricks sure balance is good at giving blades traps and sabotage but it just seems it should also have a strong side. In the future i hope that balance gets some power instead of just tricky attacks

Ryan Owlblade transcendent sorcerer level 71


Ok, sorry to be a grammar nazi, but periods are your friends. Seriously, it's a bit hard to follow you, Ryan. Other than that, the fact that your blades can be used by anyone in a battle is irrevelant in a 1v1 battle, which I'm mostly sure is where the OP is having trouble. I do not find balance to be the weak school you think it is.

Onto the original issue, I have a balance. She can win easily in PVP as long as they are her level. She loses, though, almost as much as she wins. It's how it goes. If you can't beat them, update your deck. Balance can be easy to beat if you know how. No matter how many shields they have up, fire can take them out with a fire elf, then do thier real damage. Some other people said Dark Pact treasue cards, I think, and for death there is Sacrifice. If you see a Balance wizard almost at full pips, thier strategy has been revealed. Tower shields, trained and TC because I believe you can stack them up, weakness, and a bunch of other stuff can stop them. You aren't helpless. I'm sure you could find more advice on other threads that complain about overpowered sorcerers, since there are as many as overpowered storm complaints. I'm afraid for my balance after what those did to my storm.

Amber Stormsong level 63 Diviner


Yes writing was never my best subject i never use periods thats why i never got an a+ on writing tests and i never said balance was weak if i did sorry for the confusion i felt that i was more stating my opinion on balance has flaws and that i would like it to be better

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
185
joujou11cool wrote:
And the reason you lose is why? If it's Judgement, don't mind those players that try to make Balance simple. Yes, it is very hard to defeat a skilled Balance wizard, but most... Well, that I've seen, either:
Never use shields
Blade too many rounds before an attack
Use a low pip Judgement and so on.
If you're complaining about Balance, I have no idea what you're going to do with Ice. But, to be honest, not trying to make you look like a lame person, but Balance was rated the worst school or something like that, so, according to people, you should have an easy time defeating them. (NEVER stack up against a defensive Balance wizard, you'll get crushed!)
i know i even think balance is horrible i wish i could just switch to fire or ice :x

Survivor
Jun 27, 2011
21
this topic has to be a joke, talking about making balance spells weaker? how much weaker could we get! the only good spells we have are judge RA or chimera, then shields and weakness, balance is suppost to be hard to fight, that's why they get shields, blackmantel, and weakness, to stop your attacks. but If your loosing to balance, then what are you gonna say about ice?

balance spells should NOT be made weaker, if you can't fight them than change your deck so you can, don't try to make it hard for the whole school.

Survivor
Oct 08, 2011
45
When balance gets to level 75 they are almost unstoppable. They can mana burn you to death. Plus some balance wizards use elucidate to reduce the cost of mana burn and then kill

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
185
zephran wrote:
i never beat a balance in pvp so i think they need to be a little less strong in pvp i think no one can beat a balance so please kingsisle make their spells a little less powerfull

Cori Crowtamer level 44 master fire
okay first of all you got the nerve to make a school weak i heard that people say like that balance is horrible when they get beaten it makes them running to here saying there horribly strong no we are not....Please we are not powerful its just like storm and ice.

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
185
zephran wrote:
i never beat a balance in pvp so i think they need to be a little less strong in pvp i think no one can beat a balance so please kingsisle make their spells a little less powerfull

Cori Crowtamer level 44 master fire
oh sorry sir i actually commented on this before i have the worst memory well this was in march but i dont know so sorry but the other comment about balance being weak thats my fault for not picking ice lol

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
248
Actually I find balance a bit easy but that's me and I do max level pvp.. and a commander.. pyromancer.. but it is quite simple use weakness to destroy attacks like hydra I have found stacking weakness works and also use tower shields if you think they will use judgement it is quite simple then place some infections on them when you think they will heal soon

@towerdefence2: that is all wrong.. and elucidate is extremely hard to get and would not be wasted on mana burn

Survivor
Jun 25, 2011
8
I've had my share of tough balance matches. Supernova has made things really annoying. I went against this one balance girl who i swear was the hardest match of my life. She spammed elemental shields, used unbalance so i would burn pips reshuffling, and healed constantly, along with the occassional mana burn. But i had brought immolate, power links, and some efreet. The thing is she kept her pips down so much she couldn't attack. I was dealing with 24% resist while she had 43% (weird i was a private and she was a commander too). I kept her health down, and finally caught her with a surprise feint and the immolate :D.

Yes balance is among the top most difficult. some can simply blade and trap you, thats why i bring handy cleanse ward treasures, because sometimes that tower isn't enough for a full pip judge. Just be smart and prepared for anything. IMO they aren't too hard, if your not prepared (especially without towers) you'll probably end up losing.

Hunter L. 66 Ice
Lail 80 Fire

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
269
The trick to beating balance is using as much shields as you can BEFORE they use their spells. If you are not ice or life your secondary school should have a shield that absorbs or takes away attack power. Then, once they use a spell like Judgement heal yourself. After that, they will lose their pips (of course) so you will have a chance to attack them.
Level 61 Balance
Cole Dunerunner

Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
1
i find if your fire balance is super easy because you have steal charm. i find this spell very helpful to use right before they attack if you already have a tower on. also i face master level people since i'm captain so balance will get easier just put some tower, weakness, and tc form of these and they become easy.

adam roseblood - lvl29 pyromancer

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
77
Explorer
May 02, 2011
71
WHAT!!!!!! I am a level 80 balance and my ranking is zero so that is a complete lie :

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
17
zephran wrote:
i never beat a balance in pvp so i think they need to be a little less strong in pvp i think no one can beat a balance so please kingsisle make their spells a little less powerfull

Cori Crowtamer level 44 master fire

Cori, you're basicaly asking KI to make Balance weaker so you can beat them in PvP. That would destroy the balance between the schools. Balance is no stronger or weaker than you. All schools are equal when it comes to stats. Take the Death school for example. Death school's average health is the lowest but, they heal every round. Storm has a low percentage when it comes to the chances of not fizzling but, the hit is the strong. That balances them.
Really, asking them to make a school weaker just so you can beat them is very foolish. Do you really think that they'll do that? PvP to me is nonsense for wizards can buy spells and other stuff that some wizards can't. It makes some of the odds unfair but, that's their problem.
If you really want to beat a Balance wizard then, make a strategy.

*Balance don't have shields but, use the elemental sides in their spells from time to time.When someone says Don't shield up, remember the elemental side.
*Balance will blade up, and can blade up a whole team with just one spell. See what you can do to take out their blades.
*Balance is known for having spells that will hit everybody. Ra and Sandstorm are basicaly those spells.
*Don't just help yourself. Help your teams mates if in a team match,
*Judgement rely all on pips,traps, stats, and blades. They can be very powerful but, weak too. That's all I'm gonna tell you.
*Keeps your healing spells, blade up while you can and if you 1400 health points or lower (if a high level), Heal! You never know when you're gonna get a judgement on your head.

That's all I'm gonna tell you about Balance. Now, remember making one school weaker just to beat them in a Nonsense PvP match isn't worth it. You'll be messing with the balance of the schools.

Sarah Seabloom, Level 70 Transcedent Balance.
"Let your mind soar and your dreams fly high. You'll then achieve what is coming by."

Survivor
May 28, 2009
12
I'm balance and i get beat sometimes. There are ways to defeating a balance. Some simple strategies such a over time spells because us balance have all element shields and we wont be able to keep up with that over time spell you use if you act fast. I rank up and rank down lots of times because of those who beat me( but sometimes because they higher lvl, like they're transcended or archmage). And since your fire eventually you'll get efreet, so use that when they have a good amount of pips to wipe you out and the their attack will be super weak compared to what it should have been. Of all the other ways i think the over time strategy works the best, i die from death people using skeletal dragon. So to me that seems like a good strategy. Hope that helps you do better against us sorcerers.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
305
You know, this is one of those posts you get tired of seeing after a while.

Sit back, have a cookie as a fellow poster would say, no one likes a whiner.

I would say, train tower shield, and or or train balance dispel. Simple answer.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
333
skywarrior342 wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
And the reason you lose is why? If it's Judgement, don't mind those players that try to make Balance simple. Yes, it is very hard to defeat a skilled Balance wizard, but most... Well, that I've seen, either:
Never use shields
Blade too many rounds before an attack
Use a low pip Judgement and so on.
If you're complaining about Balance, I have no idea what you're going to do with Ice. But, to be honest, not trying to make you look like a lame person, but Balance was rated the worst school or something like that, so, according to people, you should have an easy time defeating them. (NEVER stack up against a defensive Balance wizard, you'll get crushed!)
i know i even think balance is horrible i wish i could just switch to fire or ice :x


Psssssst. Create a wizard on your account of Fire or Ice!