Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance is the worst school in the game

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 26, 2010
3
Our hits are as weak and useless as they get, we have 0 blade support and everyone is a jade life. Totally just wanting to quit every match I get is 3 hours long and if it isn't a jade its a ice or death that will blade stack to infinity to one shot me with me not being able to counter anything at all. If the hitting meta is to blade our 25% universal blade is never going to beat a 40-50% or even 35% blade ever. Our only boosters is punishment maycast and critical setup (having 7.5k hp with 50 res) how are we supposed to compete with other schools when they can just easily boost their hits to do more than a storm? If we shield they strike or moonshift or d.o.t. I cannot find a way to win unless I get the most rng in the game possible it is ridiculous.
Our stats are the worst in the game and so are our blades/hits
Elemental and Spirit blades = 1 pip wasted and just requires one set shield counter completely (scion is trash)

#bring lore back

Either give us a better blade, buff gaze a lot, buff our gear so we can atleast be on an even playing field (ice is still broken)

Also remove jade please it bores me to death to leave my PC on afk for 3 hours

Balance needs something to make it playable.

Hero
Sep 30, 2018
787
xzigzagman on Aug 10, 2020 wrote:
Our hits are as weak and useless as they get, we have 0 blade support and everyone is a jade life. Totally just wanting to quit every match I get is 3 hours long and if it isn't a jade its a ice or death that will blade stack to infinity to one shot me with me not being able to counter anything at all. If the hitting meta is to blade our 25% universal blade is never going to beat a 40-50% or even 35% blade ever. Our only boosters is punishment maycast and critical setup (having 7.5k hp with 50 res) how are we supposed to compete with other schools when they can just easily boost their hits to do more than a storm? If we shield they strike or moonshift or d.o.t. I cannot find a way to win unless I get the most rng in the game possible it is ridiculous.
Our stats are the worst in the game and so are our blades/hits
Elemental and Spirit blades = 1 pip wasted and just requires one set shield counter completely (scion is trash)

#bring lore back

Either give us a better blade, buff gaze a lot, buff our gear so we can atleast be on an even playing field (ice is still broken)

Also remove jade please it bores me to death to leave my PC on afk for 3 hours

Balance needs something to make it playable.
A false statement clearly. Balance is way more satisfying to play than life and have more damage out put. Its time to change from the old ways and start a new. Chimera and hydra are your 2 prominent spells learn to use them. Don't be afraid to carry in fail pets either vs other schools. You also have utility spells such as weakness and super nova to play into in a meta where both strives the most.

Squire
May 10, 2013
524
angellifeheart on Aug 16, 2020 wrote:
A false statement clearly. Balance is way more satisfying to play than life and have more damage out put. Its time to change from the old ways and start a new. Chimera and hydra are your 2 prominent spells learn to use them. Don't be afraid to carry in fail pets either vs other schools. You also have utility spells such as weakness and super nova to play into in a meta where both strives the most.
Well, he has a point.

The only 2 spells keeping Balance alive are Supernova and Mana Burn.

Mana Burn isn't really a sustainable way of killing someone, it is mainly used to make sure the opposition can't combo or to keep their pips low.

The same thing with Supernova. Without an aura, Supernova is entirely useless.

Chimera/hydra trap/blade stacking takes way too long to be effective. Against any school with 9000+ health, you need to do 3000 a head. That is about 5-6 buffs for Hydra.

In those 5 turns, the opposition can easily set shield (which they would do against a balance because of gaze) or they can set themselves up and kill you.

Balance needs a buff. That is undeniable.

Hero
Sep 30, 2018
787
PlayHard101 on Aug 17, 2020 wrote:
Well, he has a point.

The only 2 spells keeping Balance alive are Supernova and Mana Burn.

Mana Burn isn't really a sustainable way of killing someone, it is mainly used to make sure the opposition can't combo or to keep their pips low.

The same thing with Supernova. Without an aura, Supernova is entirely useless.

Chimera/hydra trap/blade stacking takes way too long to be effective. Against any school with 9000+ health, you need to do 3000 a head. That is about 5-6 buffs for Hydra.

In those 5 turns, the opposition can easily set shield (which they would do against a balance because of gaze) or they can set themselves up and kill you.

Balance needs a buff. That is undeniable.
Ya but no one said they were looking for one shot combos. Infact the way i see it in max pvp one shot spells like scions are getting out of hand per say.Not only is it out of control but its only benefits certain school more than others in the sense of requirement, making max pvp an uneven playing field.

Before balance is buffed in any sense we have to remember for 5 yrs fire, balance and ice have been thriving as the dominant schools of pvp before any changes got implemented. Making the excuse that stacking takes way to long , is not sufficient enough to validate the strategy isnt good. There are alternate ways of playing balance, its time to move away from old play styles. R.I.P lore spamming days and good riddens.