Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bad Juju Jade Spam

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
17
This so far has ruined PvP for me. I spent at least 2 hours in a match with someone who was death and who had jade gear and they literally spammed bad juju the ENTIRE match. I'm honestly discouraged to play 1v1 PvP's because of a second encounter like this. Can we please limit it so that jades are not allowed in PvP and that you may only cast Bad Juju's three times in a duel. It's simple things like this that just make PvP a chore and just not fun at all.

Hero
Dec 31, 2009
753
That would be telling a school they could only used one of their trained spells 3 times, what spells would be restricted for every other school to make this fair?

Reshuffle has recently been changed so that it can not be used to multiply cards, which should help curtail how many jujus one can actually use during a match.

Jade juju, like every other strategy is counterable. Having said that I am not sure how popular it is so the chances of you running into it often are pretty low.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
535
fefoe44 on Dec 28, 2016 wrote:
This so far has ruined PvP for me. I spent at least 2 hours in a match with someone who was death and who had jade gear and they literally spammed bad juju the ENTIRE match. I'm honestly discouraged to play 1v1 PvP's because of a second encounter like this. Can we please limit it so that jades are not allowed in PvP and that you may only cast Bad Juju's three times in a duel. It's simple things like this that just make PvP a chore and just not fun at all.
At the moment, I would say the best thing is to just flee and not waste your time with those fools.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2013
10
That's why my entire treasure card deck is all cleanse and four reshuffles. With reshuffle finally fixed, you have way more cleanse than they have juju, count down how many they use and when they reshuffle or empower, go for a OHKO. It's not easy and you have to have good damage and pierce.

Mastermind
Jun 26, 2009
369
frostednutella on Dec 28, 2016 wrote:
At the moment, I would say the best thing is to just flee and not waste your time with those fools.
Trolls! Fools! I guess there is a time to be rude when it suits you. So much for learning to respect others. Only when they disrespect you though, right? Just remember when someone says something you don't like on these boards that you toss around insults just as freely.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
535
Mr Talon on Dec 29, 2016 wrote:
Trolls! Fools! I guess there is a time to be rude when it suits you. So much for learning to respect others. Only when they disrespect you though, right? Just remember when someone says something you don't like on these boards that you toss around insults just as freely.
So people who waste your time purposely are not rude? Also, I don't understand how you can consider what I said rude, it's not me trying to personally attack you. I'm giving this person advice on what a reasonable thing to do when they are faced against these people. Coming from personal experiences, it is an extreme waste of time to be fighting a PvP match for over an hour with someone who is trying to waste your time, I'd rather be doing something else. These people, I would like to consider fools.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
535
Mr Talon on Dec 29, 2016 wrote:
Trolls! Fools! I guess there is a time to be rude when it suits you. So much for learning to respect others. Only when they disrespect you though, right? Just remember when someone says something you don't like on these boards that you toss around insults just as freely.
I also don't why you act like it's your job to take everything I say into offense. You took what I said from another post and used it in this post. Currently, at the moment you are trying to be rude and make fun of me, you don't have to reply to me if you disagree with what I said and you don't have to disrespect me either.

Mastermind
Jun 26, 2009
369
frostednutella on Dec 30, 2016 wrote:
I also don't why you act like it's your job to take everything I say into offense. You took what I said from another post and used it in this post. Currently, at the moment you are trying to be rude and make fun of me, you don't have to reply to me if you disagree with what I said and you don't have to disrespect me either.
You can call me whatever you like, or whoever else anything you can think of, that's your prerogative. What I have a problem with is that you can say and I quote;

"There is also never a time for someone to be rude to one person"

or

"learn to respect other people and treat them like they are living things"

Then turn around and say things that do the exact opposite.

Ever wonder why you don't see people say "I use this strategy"? on threads like this? Did you see anyone on the "jade needs a nerf" thread admit to being a jade angel besides me? It couldn't be perhaps that because players who are not only opposed to that strategy talk about players who do use it negatively. Now as much as you claim you face jades in game not one person, not one, has come out to say they are(besides me of course).

So according to you there are plenty of them out there, yet we don't see them represented on the boards, at all. I dunno maybe could it possibly be that people say whatever they want about them? What difference does it make what thread you said what on. You said it. The reason I take offense is because I'm in the category of people you classify as trolls and fools.

Like I said you can call me whatever you want, I have a thick skin. I have to in order to stand in the arena face off with another wizard and read things like you write because players are mad they can't beat me. Or the crowd jumps in because they probably can't be jades either.

Just don't come on the boards asking for people to respect you when they say things you don't like when you clearly don't respect others. If you consider me calling you out rude then you probably deserve someone being rude to you. Maybe you'll think twice about adding insults at the end of your opinions because you want too, not because you need to.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2010
15
I mean, you could always use the spell Strangle (death dispel) on them?

Mastermind
Jun 26, 2009
369
frostednutella on Dec 30, 2016 wrote:
So people who waste your time purposely are not rude? Also, I don't understand how you can consider what I said rude, it's not me trying to personally attack you. I'm giving this person advice on what a reasonable thing to do when they are faced against these people. Coming from personal experiences, it is an extreme waste of time to be fighting a PvP match for over an hour with someone who is trying to waste your time, I'd rather be doing something else. These people, I would like to consider fools.
Nobody is in charge of what you do with your time but you. I seen and hear people say 'oh it's only 16 points, you're doing all this for just 16 points' yet most of them never flee. They continue to fight when every round they have the option to do something else with their time. While I know they exist, I am not a passive jade. More often then not when the match ends it's with my opponents head spinning. Or them fleeing just before I'm about to make their head spin. So it's my experience that 16 points is more important to my opponent then me, which in essence means you are wasting your own time.

Squire
Jan 18, 2010
578
Knew that this was gonna be another argument just waiting to happen.. I:


Squire
Oct 29, 2011
535
Mr Talon on Dec 31, 2016 wrote:
You can call me whatever you like, or whoever else anything you can think of, that's your prerogative. What I have a problem with is that you can say and I quote;

"There is also never a time for someone to be rude to one person"

or

"learn to respect other people and treat them like they are living things"

Then turn around and say things that do the exact opposite.

Ever wonder why you don't see people say "I use this strategy"? on threads like this? Did you see anyone on the "jade needs a nerf" thread admit to being a jade angel besides me? It couldn't be perhaps that because players who are not only opposed to that strategy talk about players who do use it negatively. Now as much as you claim you face jades in game not one person, not one, has come out to say they are(besides me of course).

So according to you there are plenty of them out there, yet we don't see them represented on the boards, at all. I dunno maybe could it possibly be that people say whatever they want about them? What difference does it make what thread you said what on. You said it. The reason I take offense is because I'm in the category of people you classify as trolls and fools.

Like I said you can call me whatever you want, I have a thick skin. I have to in order to stand in the arena face off with another wizard and read things like you write because players are mad they can't beat me. Or the crowd jumps in because they probably can't be jades either.

Just don't come on the boards asking for people to respect you when they say things you don't like when you clearly don't respect others. If you consider me calling you out rude then you probably deserve someone being rude to you. Maybe you'll think twice about adding insults at the end of your opinions because you want too, not because you need to.
What you are arguing about here has nothing much to do with the original idea of the topic. Also, you don't need to continuously try to get the last word out of a silly argument. I'm not calling you names and it's more of you taking what I say into offense. The post you just made was a bit hypocritical.

Delver
Mar 13, 2010
299
frostednutella on Jan 1, 2017 wrote:
What you are arguing about here has nothing much to do with the original idea of the topic. Also, you don't need to continuously try to get the last word out of a silly argument. I'm not calling you names and it's more of you taking what I say into offense. The post you just made was a bit hypocritical.
Actually you did call him names. When you call Jade Jujus/Jade Angels trolls you are in fact calling those PEOPLE, the living things who employ those strategies, trolls.

The Jujus/Angels who have no plan but to waste their opponents' time are those who never get above Sergeant/Corporal. If you are facing and losing to passive Jujus/Angels, you aren't playing very well. You aren't thinking about how Juju/Angel works. Jujus/Angels who are facing smart players either lose or are Jujus/Angels with a plan for killing.
Yes, getting to their kill situation takes much longer than, say, an aggressive Fire getting to his. That doesn't mean they don't have one. Life could win without the Angel scenario, but Death hasn't really been equipped with great 1V1 tools if they aren't defensive. Without Jade, Death is nearly as disadvantaged in 1V1 as Storm.

I don't PVP. I did during First Age on both Life and Fire, but I no longer do. I do watch a significant amount of PVP, I've seen skilled and unskilled Jujus/Angels win and lose to players both more and less skilled than they are.

I'm not sure why the position of not wanting long matches is more valid than the position of wanting them. Is this just because one of those perspectives is yours? I hope you don't choose to lecture anyone about rudeness in the future. I'm not sure you are the proper person to be teaching that lesson.
Oh, and before anyone accuses me of being Mr. Talon's shill, we very, very, very rarely agree on anything. He recently noted said in another post where we both criticized KI for the same decision. His comment was on the order of "KI, listen up. Paige and I are never on the same 'side'."

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
212
What this talk about Bad Juju and Jade spamming? I never play pvp long enought to know. I don't think it about the instan kills which is just as annoying as the long proper non cheating duels lasting forever or not forever. You can kill them before they heal anyway. Juju sounds like some jear off Pirate101 which I have on my witchdoctor.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
1
fefoe44 on Dec 28, 2016 wrote:
This so far has ruined PvP for me. I spent at least 2 hours in a match with someone who was death and who had jade gear and they literally spammed bad juju the ENTIRE match. I'm honestly discouraged to play 1v1 PvP's because of a second encounter like this. Can we please limit it so that jades are not allowed in PvP and that you may only cast Bad Juju's three times in a duel. It's simple things like this that just make PvP a chore and just not fun at all.
Agreed.

Explorer
Nov 27, 2013
88
as far as I am concerned Bad Juju has also ruined pvp for me.

I was in two different matches with bad juju spammers today, total over three hours.

I come on this game to have fun; that isn't fun. I have played thousands of matches, and spent, I am afraid to admit, thousands of dollars on this game.

I am going on a crowns strike until KI fixes Bad Juju. There is no reason for a player to be subjected to thirty or forty casts of the same OP spell. When it's fixed, I will buy crowns again. Until then I will enjoy the game without them.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
38
The bad thing is not only BAD JUJU, but Death wizards OVER powered with casting everything, guardian spirits, high level minions, attacks, heals. and all of this with few amounts on PIPS. How is this fair?