Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Arena Only Amulets - a good tempest solution

1
AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
Those who play 4v4 PvP are likely well are of 4v4 teams that do nothing but tempest every turn, meteor, sandstorm, for easy and hard to do anything at all against quick wins. A solution to this may be the introduction of arena only amulets that give high resists (40 to 45 percent) against one school only. Worried about pure storm teams, simply put on a PvP storm resist amulet (or an amulet for whatever one school you fear the most).

Explorer
Jul 31, 2009
52
that is a terrible idea. Do i even have to explain why?

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
Ehhh I have to disagree with it. I to am creating some ways to make it more effective but it seems to me that could be something that one school could use to its own benefit and not really work with others. My idea is that attack all spells and sun spells get a little down buffed i think if you use a sun spell on an attack all spell it should be 3/4 of the damage added? But its just like storm is at this huge huge huge advantage and you will see from posts that no storm is willing to give up their new found way of always winning lol, I blame all these new problems completely on waterworks gear.
Like storm and death waterworks gear is amazing its out of this world lol, 82% damage increase, plus like 22% universal accuracy, +26% universal resistance and i'm to scared to hear the critical rate. But then look at ice everything but, they gave everyone else universal resistance and now ice is taking sacrifices to everything because of it. And there are more things to the waterworks gear that show Wizard is favoring schools its just awful.

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
175
Interesting concept kinda the opposite of the school mastery.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
575
If we were to even consider 45% resist amulets. coupled with the universal 30% resist gear of waterworks and the spell proof+defy talents that many people are going for, you are pretty much asking for near immunity against a specific element. This will severely handicap other players. How would you like if it all of your attacks are doing 80% under their base damage?

Imagine you wanting to hit with a 10 pip judgement, and instead of getting 1000 damage, you're getting just 200, without your opponent even having to try to shield. They wouldn't get anywhere. Last thing we need is more resist.
(Just like last thing we need is more attack boost for storm XD)

Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
9
I don't like this because some wizards will put on armor to be "immune" to one of the schools (resist over 100%). Even though it is a cheap tactic I think that there could be a different idea that could be more effective to this problem.(like the one I posted below)

I think that if some one on your team casts an attack all enemies spell that every AOE spell after that (for that one side) will fizzle, which will effectively stop this problem.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
24
Eh if it is used in 1v1 people would just need to know your school and change their amulet during the Countdown

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
548
thorvon65 wrote:
Ehhh I have to disagree with it. I to am creating some ways to make it more effective but it seems to me that could be something that one school could use to its own benefit and not really work with others. My idea is that attack all spells and sun spells get a little down buffed i think if you use a sun spell on an attack all spell it should be 3/4 of the damage added? But its just like storm is at this huge huge huge advantage and you will see from posts that no storm is willing to give up their new found way of always winning lol, I blame all these new problems completely on waterworks gear.
Like storm and death waterworks gear is amazing its out of this world lol, 82% damage increase, plus like 22% universal accuracy, +26% universal resistance and i'm to scared to hear the critical rate. But then look at ice everything but, they gave everyone else universal resistance and now ice is taking sacrifices to everything because of it. And there are more things to the waterworks gear that show Wizard is favoring schools its just awful.
pls stay on topic, stop using every thread as a podium for your rants about ice. The topic is about school resisting pendants so either add to the subject or start another of you many threads about your troubles with ice.


Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
CorbinW wrote:
If we were to even consider 45% resist amulets. coupled with the universal 30% resist gear of waterworks and the spell proof+defy talents that many people are going for, you are pretty much asking for near immunity against a specific element. This will severely handicap other players. How would you like if it all of your attacks are doing 80% under their base damage?

Imagine you wanting to hit with a 10 pip judgement, and instead of getting 1000 damage, you're getting just 200, without your opponent even having to try to shield. They wouldn't get anywhere. Last thing we need is more resist.
(Just like last thing we need is more attack boost for storm XD)


I'd simply use a conversion upon that player, while being upset that my mass kill spell isn't killing everyone all at one time (oh wait, perhaps this would be totally unfair to PvP players whose only strategy is tempesting every turn they may actually have to learn to play).

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
atwood06 wrote:
I don't like this because some wizards will put on armor to be "immune" to one of the schools (resist over 100%). Even though it is a cheap tactic I think that there could be a different idea that could be more effective to this problem.(like the one I posted below)

I think that if some one on your team casts an attack all enemies spell that every AOE spell after that (for that one side) will fizzle, which will effectively stop this problem.


your solution works well if you somehow you are always on the side that goes first, otherwise it has already failed

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
travisAk wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
Ehhh I have to disagree with it. I to am creating some ways to make it more effective but it seems to me that could be something that one school could use to its own benefit and not really work with others. My idea is that attack all spells and sun spells get a little down buffed i think if you use a sun spell on an attack all spell it should be 3/4 of the damage added? But its just like storm is at this huge huge huge advantage and you will see from posts that no storm is willing to give up their new found way of always winning lol, I blame all these new problems completely on waterworks gear.
Like storm and death waterworks gear is amazing its out of this world lol, 82% damage increase, plus like 22% universal accuracy, +26% universal resistance and i'm to scared to hear the critical rate. But then look at ice everything but, they gave everyone else universal resistance and now ice is taking sacrifices to everything because of it. And there are more things to the waterworks gear that show Wizard is favoring schools its just awful.
pls stay on topic, stop using every thread as a podium for your rants about ice. The topic is about school resisting pendants so either add to the subject or start another of you many threads about your troubles with ice.



I want to give my opinion as an ice so that people know what a school's stance on it is. If it's a general answer you want i'll give you one. I think the amulet idea is just bad if you ask me i think they should limit gargantuan on attack all spells. And if you notice i just said about Ice second paragraph yet no one seems to read the stuff i did say.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
153
honestly, well before considering an idea like that, a max of two of the same school per 4v4 would be implemented.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
thorvon65 wrote:
travisAk wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
Ehhh I have to disagree with it. I to am creating some ways to make it more effective but it seems to me that could be something that one school could use to its own benefit and not really work with others. My idea is that attack all spells and sun spells get a little down buffed i think if you use a sun spell on an attack all spell it should be 3/4 of the damage added? But its just like storm is at this huge huge huge advantage and you will see from posts that no storm is willing to give up their new found way of always winning lol, I blame all these new problems completely on waterworks gear.
Like storm and death waterworks gear is amazing its out of this world lol, 82% damage increase, plus like 22% universal accuracy, +26% universal resistance and i'm to scared to hear the critical rate. But then look at ice everything but, they gave everyone else universal resistance and now ice is taking sacrifices to everything because of it. And there are more things to the waterworks gear that show Wizard is favoring schools its just awful.
pls stay on topic, stop using every thread as a podium for your rants about ice. The topic is about school resisting pendants so either add to the subject or start another of you many threads about your troubles with ice.



I want to give my opinion as an ice so that people know what a school's stance on it is. If it's a general answer you want i'll give you one. I think the amulet idea is just bad if you ask me i think they should limit gargantuan on attack all spells. And if you notice i just said about Ice second paragraph yet no one seems to read the stuff i did say.


we kind of ignored what else you said cause it was not only off topic but also not really true... you say storm is at a huge advantage but the other schools can cast stuff like meteors, sandstorm and the like just as fast and with the same result... toning down gargantuan and the like still fails, all it does is get everyone to blade up a single attacker all at once on the side going first with the same end result, no matter what the side that goes first still has an unfair killing advantage under any sort of idea you have mentioned here

Now you may say, oh wow you want protection against a single school that is so unfair, but before celestia came out you had such protection against your own school if you had the best gear on, after celestia came out the best gear dropped such single school protectionism which kind of made everything a bit generic rather than diverse.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
thorvon65 wrote:
Ehhh I have to disagree with it. I to am creating some ways to make it more effective but it seems to me that could be something that one school could use to its own benefit and not really work with others. My idea is that attack all spells and sun spells get a little down buffed i think if you use a sun spell on an attack all spell it should be 3/4 of the damage added? But its just like storm is at this huge huge huge advantage and you will see from posts that no storm is willing to give up their new found way of always winning lol, I blame all these new problems completely on waterworks gear.
Like storm and death waterworks gear is amazing its out of this world lol, 82% damage increase, plus like 22% universal accuracy, +26% universal resistance and i'm to scared to hear the critical rate. But then look at ice everything but, they gave everyone else universal resistance and now ice is taking sacrifices to everything because of it. And there are more things to the waterworks gear that show Wizard is favoring schools its just awful.


Waterworks Gear? The major Damage increase comes from the Ring and Athame drops in Wintertusk, not the gear dropped in Waterworks...

The only thing that WaterWorks gear does, is combines the Critical Chance with the resistance and makes accuracy universal...

Now, the Ring and Athame, they give storm what another 18% attack increase or somewhere close...

So, because of this new increase, now everyone is on the Storm is too overpowered kick...

This only Works in 4v4 situations!!! I am not sure if you all realize that... There are ways to counter it... If you are going to play a 4v4 ranked match, then you should be ready for it, otherwise, who is to blame? Storm? Because everyone Spams Storm shields and Storm Dispels?

LOL speaking of which, Dispels are easy to get, and can cost 1 pip... If you go first, have everyone dispel Storm right off the Bat... Storm would lose all pips and you would be at full health and only lose 1 pip...

Yet, everyone complains rather than thinks of ways to offset this.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
darthjt wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
Ehhh I have to disagree with it. I to am creating some ways to make it more effective but it seems to me that could be something that one school could use to its own benefit and not really work with others. My idea is that attack all spells and sun spells get a little down buffed i think if you use a sun spell on an attack all spell it should be 3/4 of the damage added? But its just like storm is at this huge huge huge advantage and you will see from posts that no storm is willing to give up their new found way of always winning lol, I blame all these new problems completely on waterworks gear.
Like storm and death waterworks gear is amazing its out of this world lol, 82% damage increase, plus like 22% universal accuracy, +26% universal resistance and i'm to scared to hear the critical rate. But then look at ice everything but, they gave everyone else universal resistance and now ice is taking sacrifices to everything because of it. And there are more things to the waterworks gear that show Wizard is favoring schools its just awful.


Waterworks Gear? The major Damage increase comes from the Ring and Athame drops in Wintertusk, not the gear dropped in Waterworks...

The only thing that WaterWorks gear does, is combines the Critical Chance with the resistance and makes accuracy universal...

Now, the Ring and Athame, they give storm what another 18% attack increase or somewhere close...

So, because of this new increase, now everyone is on the Storm is too overpowered kick...

This only Works in 4v4 situations!!! I am not sure if you all realize that... There are ways to counter it... If you are going to play a 4v4 ranked match, then you should be ready for it, otherwise, who is to blame? Storm? Because everyone Spams Storm shields and Storm Dispels?

LOL speaking of which, Dispels are easy to get, and can cost 1 pip... If you go first, have everyone dispel Storm right off the Bat... Storm would lose all pips and you would be at full health and only lose 1 pip...

Yet, everyone complains rather than thinks of ways to offset this.


again, this works only when you go first, if you can tell me how to always go first I'd like to hear it as I tend to go last quite often

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
darthjt wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
Ehhh I have to disagree with it. I to am creating some ways to make it more effective but it seems to me that could be something that one school could use to its own benefit and not really work with others. My idea is that attack all spells and sun spells get a little down buffed i think if you use a sun spell on an attack all spell it should be 3/4 of the damage added? But its just like storm is at this huge huge huge advantage and you will see from posts that no storm is willing to give up their new found way of always winning lol, I blame all these new problems completely on waterworks gear.
Like storm and death waterworks gear is amazing its out of this world lol, 82% damage increase, plus like 22% universal accuracy, +26% universal resistance and i'm to scared to hear the critical rate. But then look at ice everything but, they gave everyone else universal resistance and now ice is taking sacrifices to everything because of it. And there are more things to the waterworks gear that show Wizard is favoring schools its just awful.


Waterworks Gear? The major Damage increase comes from the Ring and Athame drops in Wintertusk, not the gear dropped in Waterworks...

The only thing that WaterWorks gear does, is combines the Critical Chance with the resistance and makes accuracy universal...

Now, the Ring and Athame, they give storm what another 18% attack increase or somewhere close...

So, because of this new increase, now everyone is on the Storm is too overpowered kick...

This only Works in 4v4 situations!!! I am not sure if you all realize that... There are ways to counter it... If you are going to play a 4v4 ranked match, then you should be ready for it, otherwise, who is to blame? Storm? Because everyone Spams Storm shields and Storm Dispels?

LOL speaking of which, Dispels are easy to get, and can cost 1 pip... If you go first, have everyone dispel Storm right off the Bat... Storm would lose all pips and you would be at full health and only lose 1 pip...

Yet, everyone complains rather than thinks of ways to offset this.


Darth we dont come up with strategies because you dont need to come up with them on the message boards. Finding out strategy on this game is way to easy,my strategy to counter this is of course i legion shield then my friend uses treasure legion shield and then the death on our team hits with that -40% weakness plague( idk what it's called) all i'm saying is that there is a problem. I'm not complaining that i can't strategize against, my problem is why don't other schools have to do the same amount of work my teams have to do because they are a certain school? The game is making it so storm really doesn't have to do anything lol. I'm speaking just out of my opinion like i have said before i really dont do much PvP but when i do pvp i usually win so its not complaining... All these new updates are making people just like damage buffs people that think that luck is the only way to win PvP and i dont like it call me conservative on these issues i want to see it back to DS or something back when you actually needed to THINK to win. Now only a few schools have to actually think a bit to win.. And storm isn't one of them.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
A lot of things depend greatly on Who Goes First, hello!!!

Now, my suggestion to you, is if you are going to play 4v4, get the stun resist ring and stun resist athame, try not to get stunned, outlive the tempests, stun them, and then everyone can dispel them... If you go second...

Do I have to teach you everthing?

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
89
travisAk wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
Ehhh I have to disagree with it. I to am creating some ways to make it more effective but it seems to me that could be something that one school could use to its own benefit and not really work with others. My idea is that attack all spells and sun spells get a little down buffed i think if you use a sun spell on an attack all spell it should be 3/4 of the damage added? But its just like storm is at this huge huge huge advantage and you will see from posts that no storm is willing to give up their new found way of always winning lol, I blame all these new problems completely on waterworks gear.
Like storm and death waterworks gear is amazing its out of this world lol, 82% damage increase, plus like 22% universal accuracy, +26% universal resistance and i'm to scared to hear the critical rate. But then look at ice everything but, they gave everyone else universal resistance and now ice is taking sacrifices to everything because of it. And there are more things to the waterworks gear that show Wizard is favoring schools its just awful.
pls stay on topic, stop using every thread as a podium for your rants about ice. The topic is about school resisting pendants so either add to the subject or start another of you many threads about your troubles with ice.



didnt take Travis's message as a rant about ice, I thought he was talking about how all the other schools got great resist now from waterworks gear, virtually making ices resist obselete. He is talking about how wizard is favoring storm. IMO he is not ranting about ice.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
548
EvilDroid wrote:
travisAk wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
Ehhh I have to disagree with it. I to am creating some ways to make it more effective but it seems to me that could be something that one school could use to its own benefit and not really work with others. My idea is that attack all spells and sun spells get a little down buffed i think if you use a sun spell on an attack all spell it should be 3/4 of the damage added? But its just like storm is at this huge huge huge advantage and you will see from posts that no storm is willing to give up their new found way of always winning lol, I blame all these new problems completely on waterworks gear.
Like storm and death waterworks gear is amazing its out of this world lol, 82% damage increase, plus like 22% universal accuracy, +26% universal resistance and i'm to scared to hear the critical rate. But then look at ice everything but, they gave everyone else universal resistance and now ice is taking sacrifices to everything because of it. And there are more things to the waterworks gear that show Wizard is favoring schools its just awful.
pls stay on topic, stop using every thread as a podium for your rants about ice. The topic is about school resisting pendants so either add to the subject or start another of you many threads about your troubles with ice.



didnt take Travis's message as a rant about ice, I thought he was talking about how all the other schools got great resist now from waterworks gear, virtually making ices resist obselete. He is talking about how wizard is favoring storm. IMO he is not ranting about ice.
thx for the defense post but I (Travis) was the one acussing someone of ranting, translation you were mildly confused. The highjacker started out on topic then quickly started the "poor ice" speech he professes on many of his topics/posts.

Explorer
May 12, 2010
77
thorvon65 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
Ehhh I have to disagree with it. I to am creating some ways to make it more effective but it seems to me that could be something that one school could use to its own benefit and not really work with others. My idea is that attack all spells and sun spells get a little down buffed i think if you use a sun spell on an attack all spell it should be 3/4 of the damage added? But its just like storm is at this huge huge huge advantage and you will see from posts that no storm is willing to give up their new found way of always winning lol, I blame all these new problems completely on waterworks gear.
Like storm and death waterworks gear is amazing its out of this world lol, 82% damage increase, plus like 22% universal accuracy, +26% universal resistance and i'm to scared to hear the critical rate. But then look at ice everything but, they gave everyone else universal resistance and now ice is taking sacrifices to everything because of it. And there are more things to the waterworks gear that show Wizard is favoring schools its just awful.


Waterworks Gear? The major Damage increase comes from the Ring and Athame drops in Wintertusk, not the gear dropped in Waterworks...

The only thing that WaterWorks gear does, is combines the Critical Chance with the resistance and makes accuracy universal...

Now, the Ring and Athame, they give storm what another 18% attack increase or somewhere close...

So, because of this new increase, now everyone is on the Storm is too overpowered kick...

This only Works in 4v4 situations!!! I am not sure if you all realize that... There are ways to counter it... If you are going to play a 4v4 ranked match, then you should be ready for it, otherwise, who is to blame? Storm? Because everyone Spams Storm shields and Storm Dispels?

LOL speaking of which, Dispels are easy to get, and can cost 1 pip... If you go first, have everyone dispel Storm right off the Bat... Storm would lose all pips and you would be at full health and only lose 1 pip...

Yet, everyone complains rather than thinks of ways to offset this.


Darth we dont come up with strategies because you dont need to come up with them on the message boards. Finding out strategy on this game is way to easy,my strategy to counter this is of course i legion shield then my friend uses treasure legion shield and then the death on our team hits with that -40% weakness plague( idk what it's called) all i'm saying is that there is a problem. I'm not complaining that i can't strategize against, my problem is why don't other schools have to do the same amount of work my teams have to do because they are a certain school? The game is making it so storm really doesn't have to do anything lol. I'm speaking just out of my opinion like i have said before i really dont do much PvP but when i do pvp i usually win so its not complaining... All these new updates are making people just like damage buffs people that think that luck is the only way to win PvP and i dont like it call me conservative on these issues i want to see it back to DS or something back when you actually needed to THINK to win. Now only a few schools have to actually think a bit to win.. And storm isn't one of them.


Well, if you have come up with a strategy against it, then you did think to win... So, let me ask you this, did your strategy work, or did you lose to storm?

Thing is, if you won, then that goes to show, that there is no bearing on this topic, because apparently, people are under the assumption that a 4v4 storm team is unstoppable, impossible to defeat, unbeatable, the ultimate team, dominating, The King of all Kings, the Storm of Storms...

Storm is very easily beat, I have given strategies, even thorvon has just given you all a strategy.. My suggestion is, stop complaining and think for yourself...

Nothing is given to storm... Every school has to think to win...

First Balance was too overpowered, then Storm, then Ice, Now it is back to storm... My whole point is, as the game updates and changes, so must strategies, this is where people get lazy... They complain, rather than think and form new strategies...

Now, Thor stated he wanted to go back to DS, where you had to think, because everything is given to storm... So, he must always lose to storm then, and can't beat them, that, or he is thinking and his statement is false...

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
seasnake wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
travisAk wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
Ehhh I have to disagree with it. I to am creating some ways to make it more effective but it seems to me that could be something that one school could use to its own benefit and not really work with others. My idea is that attack all spells and sun spells get a little down buffed i think if you use a sun spell on an attack all spell it should be 3/4 of the damage added? But its just like storm is at this huge huge huge advantage and you will see from posts that no storm is willing to give up their new found way of always winning lol, I blame all these new problems completely on waterworks gear.
Like storm and death waterworks gear is amazing its out of this world lol, 82% damage increase, plus like 22% universal accuracy, +26% universal resistance and i'm to scared to hear the critical rate. But then look at ice everything but, they gave everyone else universal resistance and now ice is taking sacrifices to everything because of it. And there are more things to the waterworks gear that show Wizard is favoring schools its just awful.
pls stay on topic, stop using every thread as a podium for your rants about ice. The topic is about school resisting pendants so either add to the subject or start another of you many threads about your troubles with ice.



I want to give my opinion as an ice so that people know what a school's stance on it is. If it's a general answer you want i'll give you one. I think the amulet idea is just bad if you ask me i think they should limit gargantuan on attack all spells. And if you notice i just said about Ice second paragraph yet no one seems to read the stuff i did say.


we kind of ignored what else you said cause it was not only off topic but also not really true... you say storm is at a huge advantage but the other schools can cast stuff like meteors, sandstorm and the like just as fast and with the same result... toning down gargantuan and the like still fails, all it does is get everyone to blade up a single attacker all at once on the side going first with the same end result, no matter what the side that goes first still has an unfair killing advantage under any sort of idea you have mentioned here

Now you may say, oh wow you want protection against a single school that is so unfair, but before celestia came out you had such protection against your own school if you had the best gear on, after celestia came out the best gear dropped such single school protectionism which kind of made everything a bit generic rather than diverse.


Seasnake, To be honest i would love if they all bladed one attacker because thats strategy lol i dont like this mindless blasting and hoping for critical. And your resistance post is obviously at fault because you notice it was towards your own school lol. Making resistance to the school of your choice with all your normal stats is a lot different. Think about it in 1v1 you can change your amulet at beggining of match based on the players school. So while it could be a good idea for 4v4 it just overall is flawed. About criticsm its not really that off topic i believe that would be at benefit to more schools than others and its obvious that not everyone is seeing it the way you are. I gave you my reason for disagreeing now if you can argue it thats fine but just a rant about my post wont change anything lol sorry i need a lot more to budge me than emotional rants.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
I just hate how the current gear lacks the ability to customize. The best gear tends to have the highest stats in everything that is upon it. What we need is a variety of gear with similarly high stats only instead of all resist all on something it could be resist against a different school or too. If you want to go without resist all and would rather be highly resistant against the schools of your choice you should be able to. I'd like to see a lot more variety to choose from in top level gear and see less of top level gear that is always best in all things. The amulets suggested here would go a good ways towards that, people could give up a blade or whatever is on their amulet against single school protection.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
658
seasnake wrote:
Those who play 4v4 PvP are likely well are of 4v4 teams that do nothing but tempest every turn, meteor, sandstorm, for easy and hard to do anything at all against quick wins. A solution to this may be the introduction of arena only amulets that give high resists (40 to 45 percent) against one school only.
they have the level 54 (or is it 56) robes at the bazaar that give +15 resist versus a particular school and an additional +5 universal resist. the problem with an amulet is that you wouldn't have to trade in anything for this additional resist. with the robes you have to sacrifice accuracy, power pip chance, damage bonus, etc. meaning your tempest et. al. spammers could maintain their power, And then resist on top of your school. what you're trying to accomplish could end up backfiring. -eli and crew

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
224
seasnake wrote:
Those who play 4v4 PvP are likely well are of 4v4 teams that do nothing but tempest every turn, meteor, sandstorm, for easy and hard to do anything at all against quick wins. A solution to this may be the introduction of arena only amulets that give high resists (40 to 45 percent) against one school only. Worried about pure storm teams, simply put on a PvP storm resist amulet (or an amulet for whatever one school you fear the most).


Storm is easy to beat , Plus they need a lot of pips to do good damage with tempest , Prue storm team? well if you see it just don't join that fight kinda cheap to make a pure storm team anyway but each to there own :p

you want to beat pure storm teams easy . make a team fire , ice , balance and storm/death ice can help shield and stun balance can blade shield and help heal to a point and fire can attack and stun , Storm can attack also or just dispel them make this team and you will WIN every time . All in how you setup your team in pvp or any fight that is. Plus have people that KNOW how to use there wizard right and not be selfish. i see that a lot in game lots want to be the big shot and not support the team more funny when they die :p hehe anyway you get the point hope this post helps and good luck with pvp :-) cheers

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
thorvon65 wrote:
seasnake wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
travisAk wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
Ehhh I have to disagree with it. I to am creating some ways to make it more effective but it seems to me that could be something that one school could use to its own benefit and not really work with others. My idea is that attack all spells and sun spells get a little down buffed i think if you use a sun spell on an attack all spell it should be 3/4 of the damage added? But its just like storm is at this huge huge huge advantage and you will see from posts that no storm is willing to give up their new found way of always winning lol, I blame all these new problems completely on waterworks gear.
Like storm and death waterworks gear is amazing its out of this world lol, 82% damage increase, plus like 22% universal accuracy, +26% universal resistance and i'm to scared to hear the critical rate. But then look at ice everything but, they gave everyone else universal resistance and now ice is taking sacrifices to everything because of it. And there are more things to the waterworks gear that show Wizard is favoring schools its just awful.
pls stay on topic, stop using every thread as a podium for your rants about ice. The topic is about school resisting pendants so either add to the subject or start another of you many threads about your troubles with ice.



I want to give my opinion as an ice so that people know what a school's stance on it is. If it's a general answer you want i'll give you one. I think the amulet idea is just bad if you ask me i think they should limit gargantuan on attack all spells. And if you notice i just said about Ice second paragraph yet no one seems to read the stuff i did say.


we kind of ignored what else you said cause it was not only off topic but also not really true... you say storm is at a huge advantage but the other schools can cast stuff like meteors, sandstorm and the like just as fast and with the same result... toning down gargantuan and the like still fails, all it does is get everyone to blade up a single attacker all at once on the side going first with the same end result, no matter what the side that goes first still has an unfair killing advantage under any sort of idea you have mentioned here

Now you may say, oh wow you want protection against a single school that is so unfair, but before celestia came out you had such protection against your own school if you had the best gear on, after celestia came out the best gear dropped such single school protectionism which kind of made everything a bit generic rather than diverse.


Seasnake, To be honest i would love if they all bladed one attacker because thats strategy lol i dont like this mindless blasting and hoping for critical. And your resistance post is obviously at fault because you notice it was towards your own school lol. Making resistance to the school of your choice with all your normal stats is a lot different. Think about it in 1v1 you can change your amulet at beggining of match based on the players school. So while it could be a good idea for 4v4 it just overall is flawed. About criticsm its not really that off topic i believe that would be at benefit to more schools than others and its obvious that not everyone is seeing it the way you are. I gave you my reason for disagreeing now if you can argue it thats fine but just a rant about my post wont change anything lol sorry i need a lot more to budge me than emotional rants.


towards my own school means nothing when I have an account full of wizards of most all of the schools and view tempest, meteors, sandstorm, and the like as all having the same initial killing advantage

The before match time clock can be removed in 1v1 as you aren't waiting for anyone on your team to show up (I never play 1v1 as it has zero interest to me so I don't rightly know if the clock is there like it is in team play or not). Even so, with less attackers on you in 1v1 its easy enough to toss on a conversion and you can use shatter to make sure all the shielding against it is gone. Once again though, I state that 1v1 and team play PvP are quite a lot different from one another and should be treated as such with different programming to make them playable.

1