Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Any tips on getting started in pvp?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 15, 2009
I'm a level 35 life wizard, and I've been considering getting started in pvp, as it sounds like a lot of fun. However, I was wondering if anyone had any advice in terms of gear, spells, etc? (Keep in mind that I don't have access to crowns )

Survivor
Apr 01, 2009
Go to Duelist101.com and check out the guides like "How to be a Warlord: Adept Balance". Duelist101 has a series of guides - The goal is to show the simplest, no-crowns approach for each school and demonstrate that- with the right tools and strategy- anyone can do well in arena.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2009
Thanks, I'll check that out! I've looked on a couple of websites, but most of them were for higher level wizards, so this should come in handy.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Alexandra ShadowSt... on Aug 25, 2013 wrote:
I'm a level 35 life wizard, and I've been considering getting started in pvp, as it sounds like a lot of fun. However, I was wondering if anyone had any advice in terms of gear, spells, etc? (Keep in mind that I don't have access to crowns )
What I use to get higher ranks is: get resist gear in the Bazaar, there is some gear that gives just resist. Grab that since you have no crowns, then go and once you get Vet and 300 tickets, get the veteran boots. (Commander Gear after the boots) Start out with finding a strategy, a lot of life wizards will get a few blades then centaur/seraph combo.

Wolf Skullslinger

Survivor
Sep 15, 2009
Ok, I will do that. Another question- which is better for getting started in pvp- 1v1, 2v2, etc? I've tried 2v2, and I lost pretty quickly, mostly because I didn't realize just how powerful other player's spells could be.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Alexandra ShadowSt... on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
Ok, I will do that. Another question- which is better for getting started in pvp- 1v1, 2v2, etc? I've tried 2v2, and I lost pretty quickly, mostly because I didn't realize just how powerful other player's spells could be.
1v1, unless you can get a good partner who you make a strategy with. Keep in mind that spam healing is a tactic if you need to just do that.