Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Allow me to fix PvP, you're welcome KI

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 09, 2012
PvP fixed:

1- no treasure cards for anyone
2- mastery amulets disallowed
3- balance PvE spells...lol i know, won't happen but if KI is listening I'll be happy to help with that too!
4- disallow any and all communication between anyone but same team members in the arena

I consider PvP a diversion to the PvE game, it basically matters naught to me...which allows me to look past my record, which isn't horrible, and see it for what it is. What are the "top" PvPers doing?

1- loading up on the TC du jour
2- using a mastery amulet, usually life
3- using the most unbalanced PvE spells (with TC usually)
4- using specialized pets
5- being smart in their gameplay

My points 4 and 5 are fine: pets take work, being smart takes work...buying TC and amulets for the biggest advantages in game? Not so much work or smarts.

Imagine a world without TC...death wizard want a death minotaur? get a pet or train myth and transmute and pay the pip cost...etc. Obviously this can't work with completely unbalanced PvE spells, so it may unfortunately take more work than contracting out for new graphics. But worth it? Oh yes! W101 Pvp has an intrinsic randomness thats just fine, for PvP and Pve, but when players "buy" their way around PvE content they only hurt themselves and/or can join with other players to regain the advantage. People don't like being beaten over and over in a fantasy game by real people who happen to be better off financially. The money advantage is fine for PvE (as it currently is) but not in a fight that should be more about wits than wallet.

You want to sell tournaments right? Well do something about it...make it fair for everyone and not just the min/maxers with bankrolls. Let them have their expensive custom pets, let them keep their specialized armors, but please remove the intrinsic unfairness or TCs and amulets. Move PvP to something purer...make the advantages in PvP be class features which can be balanced for everyone centrally (for the most part).

And no...random amulets dropping rarely off the toughest PvE mobs in game is not an answer. Amulets value is tenfold in the PvP game. Make them zero available (preferred. i know, but making people learn and play their class in an equitable environment is scary) or make them high level, no trade, PvP rewards. TCs from gardening is fine or random drops is fine but as freely available "I win" cards is no fun. Its insane TCs can be so easily attained for Pvp use but not traded between chars on same account.

But all else I have said pales in comparison to this: disallow chat between opponents and between spectators and opponents. Why invite that? It serves zero purpose save to empower players with dishonorable friends ( i only used dishonorable to get around language filters).

Do the right thing KI...

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Treasure cards are what makes PvP unique in this vast online PvP world. They aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Your sideboard is what allows you to customize your strategy, and add spells you could not otherwise cast. If all you did was put towers, heals, and weakness in your sideboard, you would be well served.

For me the main problem with PvP is the Guardian Spirit spell. I just killed an ice wizard 4 times from second position, but she had Guardian Spirit each time, and she finally beat me. That game has put me back into semi retirement until they address this problem.

And the funny thing is my solution would be to turn Guardian Spirit into a treasure card the same way they turned reshuffle into a treasure card. Yay! More treasure cards!

Defender
Jul 03, 2012
Ok first of all, you don't make the decisions and second of all, these are an advantage for YOU and for YOU only!!!! These are bad "fixes"

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
1. I disagree, treasure cards are a part of strategies including mine and a lot of other pvp players. It's an advantage and most smart pvp players take it while others get mad and complain to KI because they decide not to use them and put themselves in a disadvantage. Don't complain just because you decide not to use some of the tools given to you.

2. Mastery amulets are fine where they are and if you don't want to buy one, go farm for it, exactly what I did to obtain mine.

3. I admit, there are some spells I disagree with, but some, if not most spells are easy to take down if you have a good strategy set up.

4. I completely disagree with this. First, KI has an option for you to turn off pvp chat. I sometimes make friends with my opponents through talking when I get bored clicking on cards.

Sorry to say, but I disagree with your ideas. It seems like these are changes you personally want because you keep losing to people that do what you've listed.

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
Death Jawgoat on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
PvP fixed:

3- balance PvE spells...lol i know, won't happen but if KI is listening I'll be happy to help with that too!
4- disallow any and all communication between anyone but same team members in the arena

I consider PvP a diversion to the PvE game, it basically matters naught to me...which allows me to look past my record, which isn't horrible, and see it for what it is. What are the "top" PvPers doing?

My points 4 and 5 are fine: pets take work, being smart takes work...buying TC and amulets for the biggest advantages in game? Not so much work or smarts.

Imagine a world without TC...death wizard want a death minotaur? get a pet or train myth and transmute and pay the pip cost...etc. Obviously this can't work with completely unbalanced PvE spells, so it may unfortunately take more work than contracting out for new graphics. But worth it? Oh yes! W101 Pvp has an intrinsic randomness thats just fine, for PvP and Pve, but when players "buy" their way around PvE content they only hurt themselves and/or can join with other players to regain the advantage. People don't like being beaten over and over in a fantasy game by real people who happen to be better off financially. The money advantage is fine for PvE (as it currently is) but not in a fight that should be more about wits than wallet.

You want to sell tournaments right? Well do something about it...make it fair for everyone and not just the min/maxers with bankrolls. Let them have their expensive custom pets, let them keep their specialized armors, but please remove the intrinsic unfairness or TCs and amulets. Move PvP to something purer...make the advantages in PvP be class features which can be balanced for everyone centrally (for the most part).

And no...random amulets dropping rarely off the toughest PvE mobs in game is not an answer. Amulets value is tenfold in the PvP game. Make them zero available (preferred. i know, but making people learn and play their class in an equitable environment is scary) or make them high level, no trade, PvP rewards. TCs from gardening is fine or random drops is fine but as freely available "I win" cards is no fun. Its insane TCs can be so easily attained for Pvp use but not traded between chars on same account.

But all else I have said pales in comparison to this: disallow chat between opponents and between spectators and opponents. Why invite that? It serves zero purpose save to empower players with dishonorable friends ( i only used dishonorable to get around language filters).

Do the right thing KI...
hey man, mana burn and supernova should stay allowed in pvp. if not, it's unfair to us we'll just get pwned in to seconds, balance is somewhat weak i admit it (i am balance) mana burn and nova are what keep us alive! :P

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
BalanceWizardEthan on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
1. I disagree, treasure cards are a part of strategies including mine and a lot of other pvp players. It's an advantage and most smart pvp players take it while others get mad and complain to KI because they decide not to use them and put themselves in a disadvantage. Don't complain just because you decide not to use some of the tools given to you.

2. Mastery amulets are fine where they are and if you don't want to buy one, go farm for it, exactly what I did to obtain mine.

3. I admit, there are some spells I disagree with, but some, if not most spells are easy to take down if you have a good strategy set up.

4. I completely disagree with this. First, KI has an option for you to turn off pvp chat. I sometimes make friends with my opponents through talking when I get bored clicking on cards.

Sorry to say, but I disagree with your ideas. It seems like these are changes you personally want because you keep losing to people that do what you've listed.
I agree completely.
-Jasmine FireBlade, level 86 pyromancer

Survivor
Sep 09, 2010
If you do that to pvp no one will do it. You aren't fixing pvp your making not fun

Survivor
Aug 03, 2011
I think making a tournament where players could only use spells/gear that are their own school's would be fun. I am a bit of a purist, though, and don't really like using tc.

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
Death Jawgoat on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
PvP fixed:

Do the right thing KI...
Like I say all the time, Pvp is made to help improve PvE. Treasure cards should be allowed, guardian spirit should be allowed, amulets should be allowed, puppeting is MOSTLY gone, but it should have never been allowed, if you go into a hard dungeon with a low lvl player, do the enemies become easier for the high lvl, no. And what you said about no chat, if i lose i team up with them, or the other way around. So your plan has many flaws, also, one battle I knew I was gonna lose, and he gave me some pvp tips, none helpful since he was ice but still. Nice try LOL