Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Advanced Shields should be Added

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I remember the time when a double fire and ice shield used to give me some comfort against such attacks, those days are however long gone. What I would like to see are double shields that give too fire shields and too ice shields in a single cast. As attack cards have improved as one levels and expands shield cards simply haven't kept up. When playing team PvP having one shield of a type on you often doesn't mean much of anything in terms of actual protection. I think we need twice as many shields now as the cards give us, and they should come as free school cards obtained at upper levels as long as you have all the spells before them.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
No, i completely disagree, look we cant just keep complaining about stuff just to benefit ourselves. Your storm you have enough room for 7 in your deck you should be able to draw two and that would just mess up pvp. If you have problems with auras triage is a treasure and you can buy it, plus you can just put weaknesses and their are plenty of necklaces and stuff. Honestly its about time people start making a strategy instead of complaining to KI to make it easier. How many posts do you read about storm wanting more stuff because they cant one shot people anymore honestly, get a strategy is my advice

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
i think they should make a balance shield like the 80% fire shields to many balance wizards in pvp and you can only protect yourself from them by a tower shield

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Was it not You that complained about everyone spamming storm shields and dispels? Now, if everyone cast 2 storm shields a turn, you would be even happier? LOL ok seasnake

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Was it not You that complained about everyone spamming storm shields and dispels? Now, if everyone cast 2 storm shields a turn, you would be even happier? LOL ok seasnake

Getting past the storm shields was hard, and I am always against dispels even being in the game, but now I can easily kill through the shields even when they are at 80% protection. You toss that into a 4v4 arena setting where you have four people attacking against the lack of shields you have in defense and there is a problem with defenses. Except for storm and life, most classes now have great multi round damage cards that do more damage after their small initial hits that make the use of shields almost obsolete. Storm kills through them, the rest cast spells where the shields simply won't be around to protect from their casts.

I haven't played PvP much since Wintertusk came out, but the few 4v4 matches I've been in were complete slaughters even through defenses.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Sorry, no. Being able to put up 4 70% shields in one turn? That would majorly weaken any schools without DoTs.

Are you trying to change every weakness to your strategy? A better Idea would be to buy triage treasure cards! It costs 0 pips and removes the over time effect.

-Solstice64

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Solstice64 wrote:
Sorry, no. Being able to put up 4 70% shields in one turn? That would majorly weaken any schools without DoTs.

Are you trying to change every weakness to your strategy? A better Idea would be to buy triage treasure cards! It costs 0 pips and removes the over time effect.

-Solstice64

I would just like to see more health on players in 4v4 PvP, to the extent that players can survived the opening turn or turns of play given quick and high initial damage. Perhaps player health could be multiplied by the table size, in 4v4 play players would players would X% amount more health than in 1v1 play.

In 1v1 play, you usually hit your opponent with 1v1 attacks which are stronger than damage to all mass attacks, but you are also hit less often at any given time (in 4v4 play everyone on your entire side may be attacked 4 times in a turn). If we equate one on one hit to do around 75% of the damage to a person a mass attack would do, then we could give 4v4 play an extra 300% health boost. 1v1 = no additional health, 2v2 = 100% extra, 3v3 = 200% extra, 4v4 = 300% extra. This would make group PvP matches resemble in game boss fights, rather than first turn or too game over/slaughter fests.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
seasnake wrote:

I would just like to see more health on players in 4v4 PvP, to the extent that players can survived the opening turn or turns of play given quick and high initial damage. Perhaps player health could be multiplied by the table size, in 4v4 play players would players would X% amount more health than in 1v1 play.

In 1v1 play, you usually hit your opponent with 1v1 attacks which are stronger than damage to all mass attacks, but you are also hit less often at any given time (in 4v4 play everyone on your entire side may be attacked 4 times in a turn). If we equate one on one hit to do around 75% of the damage to a person a mass attack would do, then we could give 4v4 play an extra 300% health boost. 1v1 = no additional health, 2v2 = 100% extra, 3v3 = 200% extra, 4v4 = 300% extra. This would make group PvP matches resemble in game boss fights, rather than first turn or too game over/slaughter fests.

I actually completely agree with this, but if this is all you wanted, then why did you want double shields?

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
seasnake wrote:
Solstice64 wrote:

-Solstice64

Seasnake, if i remember correctly i had a post on this about hitting with giant damage first turn with tempest and you completely disagreed. Because you said it wouldnt be fair for storm.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:
seasnake wrote:
Solstice64 wrote:

-Solstice64

Seasnake, if i remember correctly i had a post on this about hitting with giant damage first turn with tempest and you completely disagreed. Because you said it wouldnt be fair for storm.

I forget what you wrote, but I think you wanted to rid critical hits or strong cards from play, which isn't fair to those who construct and build to go for that kind of stuff (though the new level 60 gear kind of makes everyone a bit generic in that regard). Improved shields would help, but it wouldn't fix the first turn damage problem before the side that goes second even has a chance to protect themselves. The best solution I can think of at the moment is either radically increased health or decreased damage. If criticals are a problem then you can just lower the chance that criticals will be hit. Gargantuan type cards aren't a problem in an arena that either sports lower damage like everyone was in a damage reduction bubble or increased health for everyone. I might agree with what the problem is but not necessarily with any given solution for it. Damage is incredibly high right now given player healths.