Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Adept Vs. Grandmaster

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
Ok. I ported to my friend in cl and this dude started to call me names.
So i challenged him to pvp and he said okay. So we started and i got all my friends to watch. When the battle started, he used no shields, no blades, and no traps. He only used rank 1, 2, 3, or 4 spells. (Scarab, Scorpion, etc.)
I was useing my best spells (luckey for me i had rank 5, 6, and 7 treasure cards) and before i knew it, he only had 350 health while i was at 960. (I had to use my trained Satyr card once i was at 10 health.) So i used tough on sunbird and used sunbird. The grandmaster got creamed. After the match however, everyone had a party at the arena we were at. he stayed and threw some insults. I reported him, of course, but he stil stayed.
This is a very common problem in pvp. Insults to the people who win. It needs to be stopped. I was level 26 at the time, and he was level 58, (BALANCE) and now he is level 60. We rematch every now and then, occasionaly he wins, but the insulting needs to stop.

Chase Nightbreath, Level 35 Pyromancer
Angel Dragongem, Level 9 Sorcer
Talon Wilddreamer, Level 8 Thaumaturge
Brandon Something, Level 8 Diviner

CYA!

EDIT: We still pvp at my house all the time, (he is still an insulter) but i have grown in level like ALLOT. I am now level 43 and almost unstoppable.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
What suggestion do you have to stop them? Asking people to be nicer isn't going to work.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
colagada wrote:
What suggestion do you have to stop them? Asking people to be nicer isn't going to work.

I think KI needs to be a little tougher on people who get reported so it doesnt happen again.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
PvP/PK players are generally the rudest people on a (MM)ORPG. This has been my experience going back to the text muds of 1992 and covering at least 20 different games.

If KingsIsle banned PvP chat abusers, they'd lose at least half of their PvP players, and since those are paying subscribers, it isn't going to happen.

Perhaps they could use a timed-mute system for offenses, with increasing penalties (i.e. 1 day, 3 days, 7 days, 30 days, permanent).