Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Addressing Issues In PvP

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 05, 2010
PvE vs PvP-

I'm sorry but I really have to address this first and foremost. There are now many PvE lovers who have recently started posting on the boards simply because their moves are being nerfed because of PvP. Yes I agree all the nerfing of spells comes from the direction of PvP. But lets be honest, you can even see in the spells how some moves are just purely made for PvP. I believe Talos, Medusa, Triage, and Enfeeble were specifically made for PvP. These moves all have effects that would prove less effective in PvP. Look at all these minions are basically used in PvP, Medusa's stuns is a turning point in a match, triage was made for all the heckhound and skeletal dragon OP complaints, and enfeeble was asked for by the PvP community for a long time now. I would not be playing this game if it was not for PvP cause I'd probably get way too bored if all I could to was defeat monsters that were not even a challenge and I'm sure the majority of people actually feel the same way because every single one of person I've met have PvPed at least once and whether they liked it or not does not matter it just proves that PvP is the cornerstone of this game.

Nerfing of New Spells-

Ok seriously I think these nerfing complaints are all now revolving around Mana Burn and Guardian Spirit. Lets begin with Mana Burn. Mana Burn in my opinion may need some tweaking as it is a constantly spammed spell that is capable of doing great damage to a player and seriously lowing their chances of winning in PvP. I have seen plenty of these spams that basically keep the opponent usually around 8-9 pips which means the balance can shield all they want because they cant use shatter or quake and pierce just plain out takes too long. It also can do a pretty good amount of damage for only 5 pips an it doesnt even depend on how many you're opponents pips it depends on YOUR pips, which to me is highly unfair. My nerf version would probably be to only remove 2 pips and make the damage 60 per pip keeping the spell at 5 pips. Now we begin with guardian spirit. This is a hugely controversial issue and I expect people to highly disagree with me but you know what I don't wanna hear anything about how many characters you have of every school or how experienced you are at PvP because I am just at the same level and I have at least in my opinion a good idea of PvP experience. There are 2 major ways to defeat a guardian spirit spammer. One is having a doom and gloom up before they die but everyone will usually say they have sanctuary or myth bubble or something to change it quickly, well what do you expect? A major part of PvP is battling of bubble control especially when it comes to doom and gloom so don't be expecting an easy match. Then you could also stack blades and traps on the life so you will be able to kill them again as soon as they revive. But wait they have mastery amulet? Ever heard of myth dispels? I'm pretty sure an experienced player has cleanse charm but I definitely do not think they have low level myth moves to use and those cleanse charms cant last forever now can they, I understand that battles will be slightly longer but of course with new updates battles will only become more complex so this is expected once in a while. To be honest I have only seen some truly experienced players complain about the spell because most usually adapt to this PvP change and quickly have a backup plan. I myself have been beaten by someone who timed their life dispels extremely well ( it was a myth ) and their talos also slowly bit away at my health making it easier for her to go in for a kill. I actually lost that battle even though I really thought I was winning halfway through. So here's my opinion on this.

~TheDarkestMask

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
TheDarkestMask,

I agree with you on this posting, it pretty well hits the mark.

I will point out a few things on Man Burn, you can still use your pips the round they are taken. So all players that are first, are prepared for that.
Only when you are second, is Mana burn all that effective in PvP.

Also, Mana burn has problems when the Balance minion gives pips, all the pips come back. Of if certain spells are use, you can get your pips back.
So Mana burn, while it can be used against someone with limit knowledge, any player that knows it, can render it a waste for the other player.

I have stated this before, if KI nerfs a spells, you know they have done their homework before it's nerfed. If they Nerf Mana Burn or if they nerf Guardian Spirit, it was because it was really needed in the game.

Joe.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Well thank you for posting and I already knew about the moves still going through even if the opponent doesnt have the correct amount of pips when it comes to mana burn although it can still be used pretty effectively from both sides but I had no idea about all the other glitches it had with minions other moves so thanks for opening up a new chapter for me.

~TheDarkestMask

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
I think we are missing the point. Once new spells are once again introduced what do you think will happen yet again? Someone will complain about it as they allways will . I am just saying we should really try to bring complaints down a notch dont you?

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Well actually I believe you need to complain although you must also state a good reason why or else you'll just be spamming the message boards repeatedly. There's some things that KI will bring in the future that people will always complain about regardless of what the minority says the change must be done its all about democracy. What I don't agree with is the spamming of one issue by a group of people that state hardly any reasons at all and those who fail to realize that there is a way or weakness to this spell that allows the opponent to succeed.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
then you need to look at the number of pvp people spamming about spells