Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Abominable/Efreet/Dark Nova/Shrike and Bale-frost.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Giving the of the title of my subjects, I want to discuss a few key essential issue that's occurring with these spells specifically and why I feel they need to be adjusted. Starting off with Abominable Weaver, i have to say with introduction of better gear set combinations, has way too much access to damage, without sacrificing little to any resist. Whether its by blade stacking or using bale frost, an ice can potentially have equal amount of damage to that of a pre mirage tier storm class. Now, combined with hyper defensive stats and spells like steal ward an ice can pretty much paved way for wide open big hits, that can potentially leave anyone one scratching their head thinking how in the world is this even fair?

With the irony of ice was supposedly to having the lowest damage of all schools, that seems to not be the case. An ice with lets say 120 base stats or even 115 can essentially gain 150% out going boost while maintaining around 65-70% resist with a triple double pet and i pray that player doesn't have the mc brace jewel. There fore my suggestion to balancing the ice school since the gears are more harder to adjust. Is to 1. Nerf abominable weaver damage down to 950 base damage flat and reduce the shield reduction from 75% to 65%. Lets face it is and will always be the tank class of the game i respect that, but the minute you start giving ice open window to high damage base spells and utilities, that drew the line. The second nerf would go towards bale frost, reduce the damage from 35 to 25% to match brown spider global damage and increase the pip cost to 3. Ice and Life shares the same the barrier of offense, so i don't see why its even remotely balance that ice can have such a mass opportunity of an advantage solely because it has access to damage.

-Fire remotely my most hated class, is the absence of an idea in which, what happens when having mass damage combine with shrike, leads to with 8 power pips. If the matter of the fact that when juju was becoming an issue, when it finally got nerf and death had to pay -25% of their own health to use a 3 pip non offensive damage dealing spell, why then was fire allowed to have the most broken offensive+ defensive spell in the game? This one is at the top of my spell nerfs that is badly needed more than anything else. My suggestion to adjusting Efreet would be to decrease the weakness from 95% to 25%. If fire beetle was ban because it was a problematic spell why was it allowed to still be usable on pets? has no one seen this? Am tired of fire mains bragging about people being bad at pvp when they know without those 2 essential broken spells they would never get carried in pvp the way it is atm, because thats exactly what it looks like. They just pick that one spell and it does all the work they need to win a match.

The dark-nova strategy has become a normal trend for balance users. With the ability to gain 100%+ damage universal damage and 40% shadow pierce, this has increased the effect of this spell by ten fold. One thing ive noticed in recent match against dark-nova users esp on balance, is the ability to stall out the match using mana burn. As long as that player can keep their opponent at low pips, which is highly effective in turn base despite the change. Getting 2 shadow pips is all they need to potentially one shot their opponent.Using night bringer and feint into shatter this opens the doorway to a guaranteed one shot damage doing 10k+. This is a very unhealthy strategy giving the fact ,in turn base, they get an extra turn on their own turn to initiate high amount of damage in one turn. My suggestion to Dark Nova nerf is to decrease the base damage by half from 1600 to 800 and reduce the turn active effect to one turn. This would mean the time of casting is count as 1 which gives the opponent a turn to react on their own turn. So player 1 cast dark nova player to cast defensive or offensive spell then player 2 cast blade shatter etc and it hits. Eliminating a round and decreasing its damage wall balance out this spell effectively.

Now on to my last one. This one is also and giving the fact that recently the back lash was adjusted the spell to 10% it did not initially balance the spell. The pierce is still way to high in offensive pvp and shreds through hard earn resist. Unlike infallible 4 round or 5 round pet maycast it only applies a 15% pierce rate. Hence why it is far more balance than shrike. Shrike needs a tone down in pierce and my recommendation would be to reduce the pierce by half at maximum. 25% pierce should essentially place it more in a more situational cause rather than just out right spamming it when ever your able too.

With 5th age on its away I encourage the pvp community manager if there is gonna be one, to please assist on the idea. Because i will assure you if these 5 specific spells aren't adjusted just like I mentioned with lore, guardian and burning rampage. You are not going to see any changes whatsoever than its previous predecessors. The meta needs to change big time and am 100% in favor to seeing a more balance atmosphere with all schools.

I cannot say I don't have a preference of schools because am totally bias of storm pvp. I only wish that insane bolt gets adjusted into a Dot- spell that doesn't kill us but act as a protective utility. The idea of luck needs to change and storm needs to be adjusted to fit the meta. Doing one thing doesn't always work and scion alone is not the answer to why storm pvp is considered the most hardest of them all. An essential health buff is required along with adjusting the pip cost of hammer of thor to 4. That's just my take on the current situation.