Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A thank you to KI

1
AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 18, 2013
198
I would like to take a moment to thank KI for the improvement they made to the critical system. Although most of what is said here are complaints about how PvP is broken, and i do agree that many other things still need fixing.
At least we can see that KI is making an effort even if progress is slow. I must admit before the update the critical thing was just a little bit too ridiculous with crits happening every round.

I've seen that there are many players who have been complaining about it saying that they are always getting crit on. But the players saying this are looking at things the wrong way. The amount of times a crit lands is still the same as before. The difference is instead of you blocking it almost every round crits just don't happen as often. Lets not forget that you still have a chance of blocking even if it is less than before.

The other thing I like about this new system is that players with low critical that previously had a 0% chance of landing a crit because of block being higher now have a chance to land. Wizards with higher critical will still land more often but at least now there is a chance for everyone. I also like that it means wizards with low block now have a lesser chance of getting slaughtered in the first couple of rounds. I feel it has restored a little bit of balance back to gameplay.

Players are only complaining because it's something that is unfimiliar to them. Eventually everyone will settle into the new system and over all everyone will start enjoying PvP more. It may also take PvE players a while to get used to the fact that they have just been upgraded to questing on hard mode with enemies still critting just as often but with a lesser chance of blocking (I personally think PvE wasn't enough of a challenge anyway). However with all this said I do still believe this is a step in the right direction. Thank you for the improvement KingsIsle.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2010
31
I hope this is a joke. This new system completely destroys mid level PvP, and it is the most popular thing and the only fun thing left in PvP, now it is unplayable for anyone who doesn't want to be landed on by every Critical.

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
100
Okay, hold on a second.

From what I've gathered, you're saying it's a good thing that people still crit just as often, only we can't block it. Am I missing something here? How in the name of the spiral is that a good thing?? And yes, we do have a chance of blocking, but that's not the problem here. The problem is that the little chance we have of blocking is not enough to defend ourselves. People can still reach 100% critical, and if you can't block it, you are doomed. And what about PVE? Soloing has become far more difficult because it's difficult to block. Remember, this is a KID'S game. It's not supposed to be hardcore.

If your block is higher than someone else's critical, then why shouldn't you block? It only makes sense. If your stat is higher than someone else's, you should have an advantage, not a disadvantage. That's also why we get more critical than block from our gear. And please tell me, how will players with low block survive? They will have even LESS block now, if any.

Players are NOT complaining because it's unfamiliar. People are angry because they spent time, effort, and MONEY on that system, only to have all that work done for nothing. I spent awhile trying to farm Darkmoor gear, but even with full Darkmoor gear (as well as several other gear), my critical = somewhere around 30% and my block = about 40ish%. I am a STORM wizard. That amount of critical and block is WAY too low for a storm wizard, and far too low for a level 110 with Darkmoor.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
652
Sarah Waterbreeze on Nov 29, 2015 wrote:
Okay, hold on a second.

From what I've gathered, you're saying it's a good thing that people still crit just as often, only we can't block it. Am I missing something here? How in the name of the spiral is that a good thing?? And yes, we do have a chance of blocking, but that's not the problem here. The problem is that the little chance we have of blocking is not enough to defend ourselves. People can still reach 100% critical, and if you can't block it, you are doomed. And what about PVE? Soloing has become far more difficult because it's difficult to block. Remember, this is a KID'S game. It's not supposed to be hardcore.

If your block is higher than someone else's critical, then why shouldn't you block? It only makes sense. If your stat is higher than someone else's, you should have an advantage, not a disadvantage. That's also why we get more critical than block from our gear. And please tell me, how will players with low block survive? They will have even LESS block now, if any.

Players are NOT complaining because it's unfamiliar. People are angry because they spent time, effort, and MONEY on that system, only to have all that work done for nothing. I spent awhile trying to farm Darkmoor gear, but even with full Darkmoor gear (as well as several other gear), my critical = somewhere around 30% and my block = about 40ish%. I am a STORM wizard. That amount of critical and block is WAY too low for a storm wizard, and far too low for a level 110 with Darkmoor.
Sarah has it spot on!

Defender
Jan 18, 2013
198
Here are some examples of people I mentioned before who are looking at things the wrong way. The amount of times you are having crits land on you is still the same as before. I'm not saying this is a good or a bad amount. I'm just saying the amount you get crit on is still the same.

The difference is not really a difference at all. Previously someone would crit 100% of the time and you would block 50% of the time meaning that he ctirts on you 50% of the time. Now the same guy only crits 60% of the time and of the times that he does crit you block 17% of his crits. The amount of times he crits on you is still 50% of the time. The difference is that crits don't happen as often rather than them always happening and you constantly blocking.

These numbers are not exact. I was just using them as an example.

At Sarah Waterbreeze:
In regards to players with low block surviving I meant they now have less of a chance of being crit on giving them less of a chance of getting destroyed in the first couple of turns.

Let's look at the previous example. Previously same guy ctrits 100% of the time and player with low block only blocks him 10% of the time. Meaning he gets crit on 90% of the time. Now with the new system his opponent crits 60% of the time and of those times he blocks 2% this means he now only gets crit on 59% of the time which is less often than 90% of the time.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
874
Ghost stone on Dec 1, 2015 wrote:
Here are some examples of people I mentioned before who are looking at things the wrong way. The amount of times you are having crits land on you is still the same as before. I'm not saying this is a good or a bad amount. I'm just saying the amount you get crit on is still the same.

The difference is not really a difference at all. Previously someone would crit 100% of the time and you would block 50% of the time meaning that he ctirts on you 50% of the time. Now the same guy only crits 60% of the time and of the times that he does crit you block 17% of his crits. The amount of times he crits on you is still 50% of the time. The difference is that crits don't happen as often rather than them always happening and you constantly blocking.

These numbers are not exact. I was just using them as an example.

At Sarah Waterbreeze:
In regards to players with low block surviving I meant they now have less of a chance of being crit on giving them less of a chance of getting destroyed in the first couple of turns.

Let's look at the previous example. Previously same guy ctrits 100% of the time and player with low block only blocks him 10% of the time. Meaning he gets crit on 90% of the time. Now with the new system his opponent crits 60% of the time and of those times he blocks 2% this means he now only gets crit on 59% of the time which is less often than 90% of the time.
You are looking at it the wrong way. The issue here is that customers have been taken for granted. There is nothing that you can list of "likes" that justifies taking your customers for granted. Posts such as yours only distract from the truth. People are not in an uproar over a change to game mechanics. They are upset because of how it was done, and how no thought of paying customers was taken into consideration during this process. Understand now?

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
105
Ghost stone on Dec 1, 2015 wrote:
Here are some examples of people I mentioned before who are looking at things the wrong way. The amount of times you are having crits land on you is still the same as before. I'm not saying this is a good or a bad amount. I'm just saying the amount you get crit on is still the same.

The difference is not really a difference at all. Previously someone would crit 100% of the time and you would block 50% of the time meaning that he ctirts on you 50% of the time. Now the same guy only crits 60% of the time and of the times that he does crit you block 17% of his crits. The amount of times he crits on you is still 50% of the time. The difference is that crits don't happen as often rather than them always happening and you constantly blocking.

These numbers are not exact. I was just using them as an example.

At Sarah Waterbreeze:
In regards to players with low block surviving I meant they now have less of a chance of being crit on giving them less of a chance of getting destroyed in the first couple of turns.

Let's look at the previous example. Previously same guy ctrits 100% of the time and player with low block only blocks him 10% of the time. Meaning he gets crit on 90% of the time. Now with the new system his opponent crits 60% of the time and of those times he blocks 2% this means he now only gets crit on 59% of the time which is less often than 90% of the time.
No matter how you say it in percents it still is bad system. I just know more and more players play char with 800 critical and critical often I can't imagine how it is in PvP but I was soloing Archmage Meowarty dungeon and was killed fast and I am 110 level with 300 block and 412 critical. I expect you to complain soon about block because as things stand we all will have more stress then before. I know that some bosses critical to 4 times in row and I can't even one time and they land almost always with their critical. I will say this next update when tough bosses come with more health, cheats and higher level spells you will all come here to complain. It is good system trust me 135 critical is equal to 1% chance to critical try to beat that with spiral gear.lol.

Good luck to all those who don't have teammates to help them out in battle this will be tough year in wizard101.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
652
Intrepidatius on Dec 1, 2015 wrote:
You are looking at it the wrong way. The issue here is that customers have been taken for granted. There is nothing that you can list of "likes" that justifies taking your customers for granted. Posts such as yours only distract from the truth. People are not in an uproar over a change to game mechanics. They are upset because of how it was done, and how no thought of paying customers was taken into consideration during this process. Understand now?
Intrepidatius is also spot on!

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
100
Ghost stone on Dec 1, 2015 wrote:
Here are some examples of people I mentioned before who are looking at things the wrong way. The amount of times you are having crits land on you is still the same as before. I'm not saying this is a good or a bad amount. I'm just saying the amount you get crit on is still the same.

The difference is not really a difference at all. Previously someone would crit 100% of the time and you would block 50% of the time meaning that he ctirts on you 50% of the time. Now the same guy only crits 60% of the time and of the times that he does crit you block 17% of his crits. The amount of times he crits on you is still 50% of the time. The difference is that crits don't happen as often rather than them always happening and you constantly blocking.

These numbers are not exact. I was just using them as an example.

At Sarah Waterbreeze:
In regards to players with low block surviving I meant they now have less of a chance of being crit on giving them less of a chance of getting destroyed in the first couple of turns.

Let's look at the previous example. Previously same guy ctrits 100% of the time and player with low block only blocks him 10% of the time. Meaning he gets crit on 90% of the time. Now with the new system his opponent crits 60% of the time and of those times he blocks 2% this means he now only gets crit on 59% of the time which is less often than 90% of the time.
Okay, I see you have clarified. But there are STILL problems that you are not paying attention to.

In terms of customers: You are correct, people critical less, and as a result, they block less. But this is why people are upset. Their critical, AND their block, have both been heavily nerfed. Many have spent countless hours, time, and much effort into these stats, only to have BOTH their numbers go down.

However, in terms of gameplay, this is the problem: While people may critical less than before, they still DO critical. At least half of the time, usually. And we cannot block. You seem to not realize just how devastating ONE critical can be, ESPECIALLY in PVP.

I can understand your logic and see where you are coming from, but I do not agree.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2012
14
Sarah Waterbreeze on Nov 29, 2015 wrote:
Okay, hold on a second.

From what I've gathered, you're saying it's a good thing that people still crit just as often, only we can't block it. Am I missing something here? How in the name of the spiral is that a good thing?? And yes, we do have a chance of blocking, but that's not the problem here. The problem is that the little chance we have of blocking is not enough to defend ourselves. People can still reach 100% critical, and if you can't block it, you are doomed. And what about PVE? Soloing has become far more difficult because it's difficult to block. Remember, this is a KID'S game. It's not supposed to be hardcore.

If your block is higher than someone else's critical, then why shouldn't you block? It only makes sense. If your stat is higher than someone else's, you should have an advantage, not a disadvantage. That's also why we get more critical than block from our gear. And please tell me, how will players with low block survive? They will have even LESS block now, if any.

Players are NOT complaining because it's unfamiliar. People are angry because they spent time, effort, and MONEY on that system, only to have all that work done for nothing. I spent awhile trying to farm Darkmoor gear, but even with full Darkmoor gear (as well as several other gear), my critical = somewhere around 30% and my block = about 40ish%. I am a STORM wizard. That amount of critical and block is WAY too low for a storm wizard, and far too low for a level 110 with Darkmoor.
I have a few issues with this.

"If your block is higher than someone else's critical, then why shouldn't you block? It only makes sense. If your stat is higher than someone else's, you should have an advantage, not a disadvantage."

This is a good example of a straw man fallacy. You're arguing that someone with a higher block should have an advantage over someone with lower stats instead of a disadvantage. But that's already true. People with a higher block still have an advantage. Your critical rating gives you a percentage of the time that you will critical, and your critical block gives you a percentage of the time that you will block a critical. Higher block means higher chance of blocking. It's simple, logical, and dynamic. It makes much more sense to me than the previous system, it's a good change in my eyes.

"I am a STORM wizard."

This is probably why you are complaining. Storm is a glass cannon class. It's oriented towards damage and critical. While insane offensive stats are possible with Storm gear, insane defensive stats are reserved for a class like Ice. You're using the class that is designed to have the least defensive capabilities in exchange for raw power. You should get used to your school's strategy: hit hard before you die.

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
100
Ashley the Wizard on Dec 2, 2015 wrote:
I have a few issues with this.

"If your block is higher than someone else's critical, then why shouldn't you block? It only makes sense. If your stat is higher than someone else's, you should have an advantage, not a disadvantage."

This is a good example of a straw man fallacy. You're arguing that someone with a higher block should have an advantage over someone with lower stats instead of a disadvantage. But that's already true. People with a higher block still have an advantage. Your critical rating gives you a percentage of the time that you will critical, and your critical block gives you a percentage of the time that you will block a critical. Higher block means higher chance of blocking. It's simple, logical, and dynamic. It makes much more sense to me than the previous system, it's a good change in my eyes.

"I am a STORM wizard."

This is probably why you are complaining. Storm is a glass cannon class. It's oriented towards damage and critical. While insane offensive stats are possible with Storm gear, insane defensive stats are reserved for a class like Ice. You're using the class that is designed to have the least defensive capabilities in exchange for raw power. You should get used to your school's strategy: hit hard before you die.
You bring up some pretty good points, but I have to disagree.

People with higher block have an advantage? How so? It seems to me that you don't quite realize just how badly block has been nerfed. Our gear does not give us enough block to go around. How can you expect people to block if our gear gives us more critical than block? And people are still getting TONS of crits, and even people with high block can't block it. Why? Well, the heavily reduced block isn't the ONLY problem. The system is too RNG based. Previously, critical and block were dependent variables. Now, they are independent variables. Basically, something as unstable as critical and block is now being controlled by luck. In fact, it's quite easy to land a critical these days, all you have to do is just get a critical and it most likely won't be blocked. If you use conviction, you'd might as well be wearing plastic for all the good it does, cause guess what, that was nerfed too! I also found something quite interesting, the bosses still critical the same, and they still block at least half the time. How come the bosses weren't nerfed too? So PVE players are also at a disadvantage. I still remain true to my statement: Those with higher block should have an advantage over someone with lower critical.

Lol, that's not why I'm upset. I'm upset because, like another person said, paying customers are being taken for granted. People spent time, money, and effort on their stats, myself included. And then KI just comes in and reduces those numbers we worked so hard to achieve. Especially since the system we've had has been around for such a long time, you can't just suddenly change it so suddenly and not expect people to get upset. FYI, I have gotten used to my school, I am a solo player, and I have been playing as a storm for over two years now.

Defender
Jan 18, 2013
198
Although I'm satisfied with the new critical system I have an idea that could be implemented to satisfy everyone that there is now no sure way to protect yourself from criticals.

What if conviction was changed to 90% block instead of just 90. This would give players a guaranteed way of protecting themselves without the need to change the system. Vengance is a percentage so I don't see why they both can't be. Doing this will keep conviction relevant as a spell because it's effectiveness was deminished with the new update. All a player has to do is make sure they have at least 10% block then if they can cast a conviction they are guaranteed protected until it tuns out.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
40
Sarah Waterbreeze on Dec 3, 2015 wrote:
You bring up some pretty good points, but I have to disagree.

People with higher block have an advantage? How so? It seems to me that you don't quite realize just how badly block has been nerfed. Our gear does not give us enough block to go around. How can you expect people to block if our gear gives us more critical than block? And people are still getting TONS of crits, and even people with high block can't block it. Why? Well, the heavily reduced block isn't the ONLY problem. The system is too RNG based. Previously, critical and block were dependent variables. Now, they are independent variables. Basically, something as unstable as critical and block is now being controlled by luck. In fact, it's quite easy to land a critical these days, all you have to do is just get a critical and it most likely won't be blocked. If you use conviction, you'd might as well be wearing plastic for all the good it does, cause guess what, that was nerfed too! I also found something quite interesting, the bosses still critical the same, and they still block at least half the time. How come the bosses weren't nerfed too? So PVE players are also at a disadvantage. I still remain true to my statement: Those with higher block should have an advantage over someone with lower critical.

Lol, that's not why I'm upset. I'm upset because, like another person said, paying customers are being taken for granted. People spent time, money, and effort on their stats, myself included. And then KI just comes in and reduces those numbers we worked so hard to achieve. Especially since the system we've had has been around for such a long time, you can't just suddenly change it so suddenly and not expect people to get upset. FYI, I have gotten used to my school, I am a solo player, and I have been playing as a storm for over two years now.
Remember, everyone's stats got nerfed as well. All you're doing right now is ranting on about a very simple change in gameplay. In pvp, although you're at a slight disadvantage, your opponent is as well. If you dont like it, then get to 110 and get the 100% crits as well. A simple combination of the rasputin boots, malistaire or rattlebones robe, krokopatra exalted hat, malistaire hat, or khrysalis crafted hat, the jack hallow wand (remember how you were complaining about payed players? They get a advantage still!) the and ring that drops off jeweled slopes, your critical should be resting around 90%-100% with these items. And if you want more crit, get a crit pet and/or crit jewels. These items can easily be obtained with as few as 5 hours of farming and a little money! Moral: if you cant block and you always land critical, just pour your block into critical.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
19
I notice that you are all speaking from a bad point of view. Look how it affects each level bracket of pvp and the schools in that bracket. At level 100-110 it is a small rng adjustment for players but at 50-76 it has completely destroyed the skill and fun for almost everyone. At levels 100-110 most everyone's stats are the almost exact same give or take your pierce and damage. I find it hard to find any variety in the strategies and gear options up there. But 50-76 is where ALOT of people liked to test thier brain and skills. So let's look at it from my point of view first. I am a 76 myth wizard with 76 crafted gear and rings and Athames with a nice pet. As a myth wizard recovering from even a singular critical is almost impossible, it puts us on the defensive sometimes for the rest of the match if it doesn't kill us first. But it all depends on the boost of the other wizard and the spell. I have 186 block which is 30% flat but a level 50 ice glendemming with 75 critical criticaled a snow angel with 3 blades and infal on me. That's just not suppose to happen I am 26 levels higher with way more block than his crit. It just shouldn't happen man. How I am suppose to recover with the low health of my school and triage not available to me at that point in time. Well I have no choice but to die going defensive or spam heals if I can even find them. That's just one example of many. I have seen multiple storm say it's not that big of a change. But your STORM since when are you good anything besides critical anyway. Look at it from all schools point of view now along with their levels. Let's say I fight a 66 now he has 156 critical and crita on me, ok I can deal with that but it still takes the skill out of being able to win the match with the old system built into my muscle memory. It not just myth at 76. without 76 boots how can one achieve even 30% block? It takes the fun and skill out of it for 50-76 which was actually a big part of the pvp players fan base.

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
100
Ethanboomshield on Dec 7, 2015 wrote:
Remember, everyone's stats got nerfed as well. All you're doing right now is ranting on about a very simple change in gameplay. In pvp, although you're at a slight disadvantage, your opponent is as well. If you dont like it, then get to 110 and get the 100% crits as well. A simple combination of the rasputin boots, malistaire or rattlebones robe, krokopatra exalted hat, malistaire hat, or khrysalis crafted hat, the jack hallow wand (remember how you were complaining about payed players? They get a advantage still!) the and ring that drops off jeweled slopes, your critical should be resting around 90%-100% with these items. And if you want more crit, get a crit pet and/or crit jewels. These items can easily be obtained with as few as 5 hours of farming and a little money! Moral: if you cant block and you always land critical, just pour your block into critical.
1. Your comment just proved how unbalanced this is. If players can reach 100% critical that easily, then there's obviously a problem. This system does not allow much growth in critical or block because it is possible to reach 100% on both.

2. "Moral: if you cant block and you always land critical, just pour your block into critical." Reread this statement. You just ignored literally everyone who says that pvp requires luck, not skill. With this logic, everyone should just go on the offensive and go on a critical-frenzy, and no one will block except for those with critical immunity (unfortunately that is now a thing) and the only things you need to win is to land a critical and go first. No strategy, just critical. It's not just max level pvp either, mid-level pvp is completely destroyed.

3. No. You don't understand. People have ALREADY spent money and time on their current gear, and now you're asking us to change all of that? Many gear setups that have already worked are now useless because KI decided to change a system that has been around since 2010 into a completely different system that does not match with our gear.

Sorry for the late reply, forgot about this thread for awhile.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
40
Sarah Waterbreeze on Dec 13, 2015 wrote:
1. Your comment just proved how unbalanced this is. If players can reach 100% critical that easily, then there's obviously a problem. This system does not allow much growth in critical or block because it is possible to reach 100% on both.

2. "Moral: if you cant block and you always land critical, just pour your block into critical." Reread this statement. You just ignored literally everyone who says that pvp requires luck, not skill. With this logic, everyone should just go on the offensive and go on a critical-frenzy, and no one will block except for those with critical immunity (unfortunately that is now a thing) and the only things you need to win is to land a critical and go first. No strategy, just critical. It's not just max level pvp either, mid-level pvp is completely destroyed.

3. No. You don't understand. People have ALREADY spent money and time on their current gear, and now you're asking us to change all of that? Many gear setups that have already worked are now useless because KI decided to change a system that has been around since 2010 into a completely different system that does not match with our gear.

Sorry for the late reply, forgot about this thread for awhile.
1. You're completely ignoring my first statement: "Everyones stats got nerfed as well as yours." And u just proved my point, 100%crit easy to get, so get it.

2.yes you're correct, everyone should go on the offense, if u cant beat them, join them. And mid level pvp is the same, pour your block into critical, and it should be resting at around 50%-60% depending on if u have a crit pet or not.

3. You know darkmoor? People were asked to change their gear with that too. Just think of it like a less painful version of darkmoor, so its better like this.

Ps. Ty KI for this wonderful new system, idk why people are complaining about it, its awesome

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
874
Ethanboomshield on Dec 13, 2015 wrote:
1. You're completely ignoring my first statement: "Everyones stats got nerfed as well as yours." And u just proved my point, 100%crit easy to get, so get it.

2.yes you're correct, everyone should go on the offense, if u cant beat them, join them. And mid level pvp is the same, pour your block into critical, and it should be resting at around 50%-60% depending on if u have a crit pet or not.

3. You know darkmoor? People were asked to change their gear with that too. Just think of it like a less painful version of darkmoor, so its better like this.

Ps. Ty KI for this wonderful new system, idk why people are complaining about it, its awesome
They are complaining because it took paying customers for granted. It was a game decision that effectively ignored paying customers, and was implemented very poorly. Lots of people take umbrage when their financial support is not appreciated, and protest against it, and/or go elsewhere. That is exactly what is happening with this issue. Understand now?

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
100
Ethanboomshield on Dec 13, 2015 wrote:
1. You're completely ignoring my first statement: "Everyones stats got nerfed as well as yours." And u just proved my point, 100%crit easy to get, so get it.

2.yes you're correct, everyone should go on the offense, if u cant beat them, join them. And mid level pvp is the same, pour your block into critical, and it should be resting at around 50%-60% depending on if u have a crit pet or not.

3. You know darkmoor? People were asked to change their gear with that too. Just think of it like a less painful version of darkmoor, so its better like this.

Ps. Ty KI for this wonderful new system, idk why people are complaining about it, its awesome
1. Ah, I forgot about that statement. Yes, you're correct. Everyone's stats were nerfed, and that's EXACTLY why everyone is upset. Listen, I don't know how else to tell you this: NO ONE likes the stats that they worked so hard for to get nerfed so badly. Sure, maybe a little decrease here and there to keep balance, fine. But this nerf completely ruined everything: storm cannot critical, life cant critical heal, ice cant block... and you completely missed my point when I said that this system does not encourage critical growth. Players should not be able to reach 100% critical so easily, and if they can, there is something wrong. Why is it wrong? Because it's too overpowered with 100% critical, and not to mention that we can block... if we're lucky, that is. Again, adding more luck factor.

2. Clearly, you did not get the point. With your method, pvp will become nothing but a contest of luck, not skill. Go second? Sorry, your enemy will kill you with a critical. Better luck next time. Also, clearly something isn't right with pvp in a game if everyone has to go offense, no defense, and hope they're lucky enough to win a match. Maybe YOU like it better this way, but judging from the heavy backlash, others not so much.

3. Please read Intrepidatius's post. They have it spot on. Also, you can't just compare Darkmoor to this. Did Darkmoor nerf our stats? No. Many gear set-ups still worked, so people weren't FORCED to change. Even second class gear worked. But now, we're practically forced to change our gear to adapt to this system.

You aren't thinking about every aspect. If you don't know why people are complaining, then read their complaints.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
40
Intrepidatius on Dec 14, 2015 wrote:
They are complaining because it took paying customers for granted. It was a game decision that effectively ignored paying customers, and was implemented very poorly. Lots of people take umbrage when their financial support is not appreciated, and protest against it, and/or go elsewhere. That is exactly what is happening with this issue. Understand now?
Is all anyone can so about anything complain? All Ghost Stone was trying to do was thank KI and I respect that, but then the haters always have to come in.
They didnt ignore paying customers, they didnt take their stuff away, they just nerfed it. Everyone else got nerfed as well, deal with it. And also remember my reference to darkmoor? Like i said, its that all over again, but the stuff is easier to obtain. Besides, the paying customers shouldnt be complaining, they are still superior to the other players, mega snacks, packs, all sorts of stuff people who only payed enough money to either buy all the zones with crowns, or continuously buy memberships, not all the fancy stuff the crowns people get. The crowns people can actually train their pets even faster than the other players via mega snacks. If you payed for something with block on it, then oh well, buy something else, if you payed for that much crowns stuff, u must have plenty more to waste on more packs for critical stuff right? I, in fact, am a paying player fyi and i love the new critical system, it goves non paying players a chance like darkmoor.

Geographer
Sep 19, 2013
818
Ethanboomshield on Dec 17, 2015 wrote:
Is all anyone can so about anything complain? All Ghost Stone was trying to do was thank KI and I respect that, but then the haters always have to come in.
They didnt ignore paying customers, they didnt take their stuff away, they just nerfed it. Everyone else got nerfed as well, deal with it. And also remember my reference to darkmoor? Like i said, its that all over again, but the stuff is easier to obtain. Besides, the paying customers shouldnt be complaining, they are still superior to the other players, mega snacks, packs, all sorts of stuff people who only payed enough money to either buy all the zones with crowns, or continuously buy memberships, not all the fancy stuff the crowns people get. The crowns people can actually train their pets even faster than the other players via mega snacks. If you payed for something with block on it, then oh well, buy something else, if you payed for that much crowns stuff, u must have plenty more to waste on more packs for critical stuff right? I, in fact, am a paying player fyi and i love the new critical system, it goves non paying players a chance like darkmoor.
"All Ghost Stone was trying to do was thank KI and I respect that, but then the haters always have to come in."
Rhetorical failure #1: Calling everyone who disagrees with you haters.
"Everyone else got nerfed as well, deal with it."
You don't seem to understand the problem. Block was nerfed more than critical. The mean damage of a spell has decreased, but the standard deviation has increased. PvP is now even more luck-based, and that's bad.
"And also remember my reference to darkmoor? Like i said, its that all over again, but the stuff is easier to obtain."
No, it's not like Darkmoor. Darkmoor added new gear. This update screws up the entire system, which can't be fixed just by throwing gear at it.
"Besides, the paying customers shouldnt be complaining, they are still superior to the other players,"
Sigh. PvP is actually paid, so literally almost everyone in the arena is a "paying customer".
"If you payed for something with block on it, then oh well, buy something else, if you payed for that much crowns stuff, u must have plenty more to waste on more packs for critical stuff right?"
You win the insensitivity award, and the missing the point award too. I mean, to heck with all those people who keep the game running, right? Also, not everyone is using crowns gear.
"I, in fact, am a paying player fyi and i love the new critical system, it goves non paying players a chance like darkmoor."
That makes one of us. I still fail to see how non-paying players get anything here. They get hit as hard as the rest of us.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
40
Sarah Waterbreeze on Dec 16, 2015 wrote:
1. Ah, I forgot about that statement. Yes, you're correct. Everyone's stats were nerfed, and that's EXACTLY why everyone is upset. Listen, I don't know how else to tell you this: NO ONE likes the stats that they worked so hard for to get nerfed so badly. Sure, maybe a little decrease here and there to keep balance, fine. But this nerf completely ruined everything: storm cannot critical, life cant critical heal, ice cant block... and you completely missed my point when I said that this system does not encourage critical growth. Players should not be able to reach 100% critical so easily, and if they can, there is something wrong. Why is it wrong? Because it's too overpowered with 100% critical, and not to mention that we can block... if we're lucky, that is. Again, adding more luck factor.

2. Clearly, you did not get the point. With your method, pvp will become nothing but a contest of luck, not skill. Go second? Sorry, your enemy will kill you with a critical. Better luck next time. Also, clearly something isn't right with pvp in a game if everyone has to go offense, no defense, and hope they're lucky enough to win a match. Maybe YOU like it better this way, but judging from the heavy backlash, others not so much.

3. Please read Intrepidatius's post. They have it spot on. Also, you can't just compare Darkmoor to this. Did Darkmoor nerf our stats? No. Many gear set-ups still worked, so people weren't FORCED to change. Even second class gear worked. But now, we're practically forced to change our gear to adapt to this system.

You aren't thinking about every aspect. If you don't know why people are complaining, then read their complaints.
1. I told you everyones stats got nerfed so they're technically exactly the same. Example: a lvl 100 fire and another lvl 100 fire get pitted against eachother, with completely different stats, one spent money on getting a really good pet and gear and the other is still in the malistaire gear. You know who's gonna win? The one with the really good pet and crowns gear. This is the exact same outcome in the new critical system, how do you not get this? NOTHING HAPPENED EXCEPT PEOPLE WHO DONT PAY ARE GIVEN A SLIGHT BIT MORE OF A CHANCE, so they are encouraged to pay money for crowns gear. It's just business. And my storm has 100% critical so he criticals just fine. Same with my life. And ice still blocks half the time, and they get criticalled on half the time (in lower levels) too, so its basically the same, just higher lvl pvp is discouraging ice to level for pvp. That's all.

2. That's already how it was, everyone who went first won, and if you went second you lost.

3. I already read his post, and gave a response. And darkmoor made it hard for people with crowns gear aswell as darkmoor gear was MUCH better than crowns gear when it first came out. Other gear setups worked as well, yes, but darkmoor worked the best. Even back then, we were practically forced to change our gear to adapt to that system.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2013
49
I don't really want to enter this argument, so this will be my only post, but I would like to say a few things.

I am really sorry all you PvP people are upset. I personally do not play PvP very much , so I don't know what it's like, but I understand that it must be hard and very frustrating when something you love to do is changed for, in your opinion, the worst. It must be really hard. You have a right to be frustrated, though eventually we will all get used to it. Until we get to that point it will be rocky, and I am so sorry for that.

At the same time, someone was just expressing their opinion that you happened not to agree with. The freedom of speech says that that is OK. Maybe they are wrong, and maybe they are not, but it does not make your life better or worse because of it. You can all have your own opinions.

I am sorry if you feel that I am lecturing you, this post was not intended that way. Please do not be cross at me for expressing my opinion. I hope that the problems in the game get fixed soon. :)

Thank you for reading this.
-Rebecca Ashhunter

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
100
Ethanboomshield on Dec 18, 2015 wrote:
1. I told you everyones stats got nerfed so they're technically exactly the same. Example: a lvl 100 fire and another lvl 100 fire get pitted against eachother, with completely different stats, one spent money on getting a really good pet and gear and the other is still in the malistaire gear. You know who's gonna win? The one with the really good pet and crowns gear. This is the exact same outcome in the new critical system, how do you not get this? NOTHING HAPPENED EXCEPT PEOPLE WHO DONT PAY ARE GIVEN A SLIGHT BIT MORE OF A CHANCE, so they are encouraged to pay money for crowns gear. It's just business. And my storm has 100% critical so he criticals just fine. Same with my life. And ice still blocks half the time, and they get criticalled on half the time (in lower levels) too, so its basically the same, just higher lvl pvp is discouraging ice to level for pvp. That's all.

2. That's already how it was, everyone who went first won, and if you went second you lost.

3. I already read his post, and gave a response. And darkmoor made it hard for people with crowns gear aswell as darkmoor gear was MUCH better than crowns gear when it first came out. Other gear setups worked as well, yes, but darkmoor worked the best. Even back then, we were practically forced to change our gear to adapt to that system.
1. You're under the impression that just because YOU'RE well-off, means everyone else is. Also, again, the fact that you can reach 100% critical so easily is a problem. How many times do I need to restate my point? Also, the fire vs fire example is COMPLETELY wrong. It actually depends on who's first, if they're lucky enough to critical/block, and, just barely, a little bit of strategy. Basically, whoever wins a match basically depends on how lucky they are. This system does nothing but encourage luck and RNG, which is not something that many enjoy. "Nothing happened except people who dont pay are given a slight bit more of a chance" Oh yeah, nothing big happened, except for the fact that a huge game mechanic was changed. Also, please tell me, how do non-playing players benefit from this? If anything, they're worse off now because their stats were nerfed. Honestly, I don't really know how to explain this to you because you don't seem to understand the issue. Robobot1747 seems to understand, read his post.

2. Exactly. It was always this way. Except, they emphasized this issue even more with the new system. Now, being first is an even bigger factor in deciding the winner.

3. You can't compare this to Darkmoor, however. Darkmoor is a dungeon, this is a huge game system we're talking about. People with crowns gear were not FORCED to change, but now with this new system, they are. Just because Darkmoor was the best didn't mean that people HAD to change.

Geographer
Sep 19, 2013
818
Ethanboomshield on Dec 18, 2015 wrote:
1. I told you everyones stats got nerfed so they're technically exactly the same. Example: a lvl 100 fire and another lvl 100 fire get pitted against eachother, with completely different stats, one spent money on getting a really good pet and gear and the other is still in the malistaire gear. You know who's gonna win? The one with the really good pet and crowns gear. This is the exact same outcome in the new critical system, how do you not get this? NOTHING HAPPENED EXCEPT PEOPLE WHO DONT PAY ARE GIVEN A SLIGHT BIT MORE OF A CHANCE, so they are encouraged to pay money for crowns gear. It's just business. And my storm has 100% critical so he criticals just fine. Same with my life. And ice still blocks half the time, and they get criticalled on half the time (in lower levels) too, so its basically the same, just higher lvl pvp is discouraging ice to level for pvp. That's all.

2. That's already how it was, everyone who went first won, and if you went second you lost.

3. I already read his post, and gave a response. And darkmoor made it hard for people with crowns gear aswell as darkmoor gear was MUCH better than crowns gear when it first came out. Other gear setups worked as well, yes, but darkmoor worked the best. Even back then, we were practically forced to change our gear to adapt to that system.
1. No, they're not. You're disproportionately less likely to block than critical, so there's more randomness and that's bad. Also, with your example there, my money is on the Malistaire gear, crowns gear is terrible. You also don't need to spend money to get a good pet, my beloved Enchanted Armament didn't cost me a dime.
2. That's not entirely true, but first turn is broken.
3. You're not adapting to a new system. You were getting better gear. There's a difference. There was no fundamental change to how critical worked when Darkmoor was released. Now there is. Your argument is invalid.

Hero
May 07, 2015
724
Ghost stone on Nov 28, 2015 wrote:
I would like to take a moment to thank KI for the improvement they made to the critical system. Although most of what is said here are complaints about how PvP is broken, and i do agree that many other things still need fixing.
At least we can see that KI is making an effort even if progress is slow. I must admit before the update the critical thing was just a little bit too ridiculous with crits happening every round.

I've seen that there are many players who have been complaining about it saying that they are always getting crit on. But the players saying this are looking at things the wrong way. The amount of times a crit lands is still the same as before. The difference is instead of you blocking it almost every round crits just don't happen as often. Lets not forget that you still have a chance of blocking even if it is less than before.

The other thing I like about this new system is that players with low critical that previously had a 0% chance of landing a crit because of block being higher now have a chance to land. Wizards with higher critical will still land more often but at least now there is a chance for everyone. I also like that it means wizards with low block now have a lesser chance of getting slaughtered in the first couple of rounds. I feel it has restored a little bit of balance back to gameplay.

Players are only complaining because it's something that is unfimiliar to them. Eventually everyone will settle into the new system and over all everyone will start enjoying PvP more. It may also take PvE players a while to get used to the fact that they have just been upgraded to questing on hard mode with enemies still critting just as often but with a lesser chance of blocking (I personally think PvE wasn't enough of a challenge anyway). However with all this said I do still believe this is a step in the right direction. Thank you for the improvement KingsIsle.
that is what i was going to say
(dont be mean to me just for agreeing with ghost stone please)

1