Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

a pvp problem w/ a hypothetical solution

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
I have seen a LOT of posts complaining about how unfair ice/balance/storm,etc. is. I thought it over, and realized that it could be solved. You know how pvp has level and friend only selections? Well what if you could say this/these school/schools are allowed or not allowed in certain pvp matches? Then noone would be left out of duels they wanted to join, and (hypothetically) people could say which is better: Legend Ice or Legend Fire? noone would post things complaining how unfair schools are because they are either on your side, or not in the duel.

William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer

Historian
May 01, 2010
Nicitas wrote:
I have seen a LOT of posts complaining about how unfair ice/balance/storm,etc. is. I thought it over, and realized that it could be solved. You know how pvp has level and friend only selections? Well what if you could say this/these school/schools are allowed or not allowed in certain pvp matches? Then noone would be left out of duels they wanted to join, and (hypothetically) people could say which is better: Legend Ice or Legend Fire? noone would post things complaining how unfair schools are because they are either on your side, or not in the duel.

William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer

that would put way too much power into thier hands. like, ice can only battle against balance, which they are probably best against, and this would really only work for 1v1, not 2v2-4v4 because everyone on your team has to correspond with everyone on thier team and visa versa, see what i am saying? though good idea

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Actually Ice is overpowered.

Ice was supposed to be that school where its all about health and defense, well it still is but now since Celestia they got the Lvl 58 Gear which is better than the commander. Not only that but they also got a really strong DOT spell which they can easily use to rule PVP. All the additions that came with CL made ice a bit too strong, also with the Ice Blade amulet which no other school has.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
xFx3xAxRx wrote:

Ice was supposed to be that school where its all about health and defense, well it still is but now since Celestia they got the Lvl 58 Gear which is better than the commander. Not only that but they also got a really strong DOT spell which they can easily use to rule PVP. All the additions that came with CL made ice a bit too strong, also with the Ice Blade amulet which no other school has.
don't worry the iceblade vial amulet will soon be gone, bad thing is it will be replaced with life mastery amulet. Crafted gear will make a two pip satyr heal for close to 1800. Welcome to the new pvp.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
xFx3xAxRx wrote:

Oh how I wish people would realize that Ice is not overpowered! This whole topic had nothing to do with Ice being too strong for you! Yet, here you are stating your opinion about ice. You are entitled to your opinion, sure, but then you make broad statements like Ice can easily rule PVP.

Not sure about you, but I can beat any legendary ice with any of my characters. So, if there is a flaw, I suggest you look at your strategy!

Sorry if I am sounding superior, but honestly, I have, through many many posts, shown just how equal the schools are!

Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
Going back to the original post, I think it would be unwise to choose the type of wizard you will fight. Pvp is about increasing your chances of winning a match, and certain schools are better against others. If you only pick the school you are good against, and everyone else does too, it will take forever to find an opponet. As for any school being unbalanced, in the end, if you can't beat em, join them!

This message has been brought to you by Deadly Fly Trap, please keep small pets away, poor spike never saw it coming.
5stepstoofar

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
xFx3xAxRx wrote:

I dont think the entire school is overpowered, just the phantom card. but i'm not going to complain about something as trivial as that...