Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A possible solution for non-TC PvPers

AuthorMessage
Champion
Sep 01, 2009
As my magus wizard perished at the hands of another magus wizard using Efreet, I had a thought. What if we-the PvPers who don't want to be forced to use treasure cards-had an option? What if Kingsisle created Classic Ranked PvP? Similar to Classic Tournaments, Classic Ranked matches would remove your treasure cards, amulets, and pets, thus giving us an "old school" PvP battle. As PvP is now, unless you have close to max gold, tens of thousands of crowns, and mega pets that give epic stats, you're going to suffer. And that's unfair. Players who don't have access to crowns gear, or the best pet, or who cannot afford high-level TCs, shouldn't be penalized.

KI will never ban treasure cards from PvP; that's simply too much. But for those of us who don't need to be warlords at level 5, perhaps a Classic Ranked option in PvP could be the solution.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I think creating separate ranked PvP would just make matches harder to find. Crowns gear is never the best available. Gold is already hard enough to get rid of. Most players buy and sell junk back just keep from having max gold. Pets are openly available to all players without crowns. There's nothing unfair about any of those things. KI even allows you to earn 36,500 to 46,100 free crowns per year, just by playing trivia for 15 mins a day.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Snee432 on Jun 13, 2015 wrote:
As my magus wizard perished at the hands of another magus wizard using Efreet, I had a thought. What if we-the PvPers who don't want to be forced to use treasure cards-had an option? What if Kingsisle created Classic Ranked PvP? Similar to Classic Tournaments, Classic Ranked matches would remove your treasure cards, amulets, and pets, thus giving us an "old school" PvP battle. As PvP is now, unless you have close to max gold, tens of thousands of crowns, and mega pets that give epic stats, you're going to suffer. And that's unfair. Players who don't have access to crowns gear, or the best pet, or who cannot afford high-level TCs, shouldn't be penalized.

KI will never ban treasure cards from PvP; that's simply too much. But for those of us who don't need to be warlords at level 5, perhaps a Classic Ranked option in PvP could be the solution.
Great idea. I want KI to do it. I've stopped PvPing in Ranked due to this unfairness. And it's not because I can't handle myself, it's because I want to stop wasting money, gold and irl, so I can win one match. I LOVE the idea

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Snee432 on Jun 13, 2015 wrote:

doesn't matter (some people) also agree but also remove battle order too so, don't know what school you are (have battle order standing) know the school and know what spell going to use! chance pvp won't worry try remove there treasure card or penalized them and add rules to new pvp and also add to remove batter order too as well!

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
I hate how I always get beat by people who are 20 levels lower than me using TC. I think this would be a great feature, but it would probably be very hard to find a match.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2013
I agree with a no treasure cards option, but not amulets or pets. Not being able to use treasure cards makes wizards rely on their learned cards. I sometimes think treasure cards take the skill out of PvP because they can cast almost any spell they want.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Seth Silvershard on Jul 14, 2015 wrote:
I agree with a no treasure cards option, but not amulets or pets. Not being able to use treasure cards makes wizards rely on their learned cards. I sometimes think treasure cards take the skill out of PvP because they can cast almost any spell they want.
Yes yes yes! I remember PvP in the beginning. No mastery amulets, no super resist pets, no fortify or infallible. You had your best gear (purchased in the bazaar, or dropped from bossess). and your school spells. That was it. Matches were long and you had to know what you were doing. Ranking up brought a sense of pride. Now it seems all you need to do is have a ton of gold for treasure cards, crowns for pet snacks, hatching timers, and mastery amulets, and any level 10 can be a warlord. Spam tower shield, TC blades, infallible, orthrus. Woo. How exciting.

The highest rank I have achieved is captain, and I did that using very few TCs. Will I ever make commander? The real question is, why would I want to? Skill is no longer a part of PvP, at least in levels under 50. It's just TC spam.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Master Tara PearlG... on Jul 10, 2015 wrote:
I hate how I always get beat by people who are 20 levels lower than me using TC. I think this would be a great feature, but it would probably be very hard to find a match.
Perhaps. I signed up for a classic tournament, and Diego couldn't find a team for me. It does seem that people either don't want to participate in non-TC PvP, or perhaps they simply don't know how anymore.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
I think they should make it a rule that in the classic pvp thing that you can't have treasure cards that are way above your rank. For instance, I am level 80 and I pvp with a treasure deck full of sandstorms in case the enemy casts a minion. But, it should be against the rules in this classic pvp for me to have the level 100 balance treasure card or whatever. This way, people could use treasure cards to their advantages, but they they wouldn't be too op.