Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Message to Complainers

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Dear Complainers,
I have came to the 'Player vs Player' message board to see everyone happy with PvP and thanking KI for a lovely feature of the game. Now all I see are people hating strategy, complaining to other schools, and trying to make people feel bad for them about quitting.

If you are a complainer reading this, read my message carefully, because you are probably the person that wanted Wild Bolt removed. PvP is all about strategy. So if you play a game and lose due, for an example, storm lord and frost giant, well, tough luck. Just play another game in hopes of winning. Dont go to this forum and complain every time you lose.
Now we are talking about school spells. People are saying things like 'Life heals, its annoying!' 'I hate how Ice has so much health!'. Firstly, the life and the healing is getting ridiculous, people are actually reporting them for healing. In fact, I think people are reporting the whole opponent team for winning. This has got to stop. Back to the point, do not report or get angry at schools using their specialty of their school. Imagine being blamed for something you specialize in.

There are many more but I do not want to keep this post blaring and boring.
From,
Igloogirl3

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
I do agree with you, complaining is really annoying. Though some things in pvp don't take strategy.
Personally though, I think critical has changed pvp from a game of stratagy, to who can attack first. I've seen someone use a critical storm lord, one of my team members had a -80% storm shield, but it still did 1000 damage (meaning without the shield it would of done 5000.) Yes you can block, but when you get clothes that do, you suffer in terms of critical. Also I don't mind people complaining about chain stunning, explain to me how that is a strategy.

You are right though, complaining about a REAL strategy isn't fun. (Judgement, Bolting, The Ice school, healing, treasure cards, etc.)

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
Solstice64 wrote:
I do agree with you, complaining is really annoying. Though some things in pvp don't take strategy.
Personally though, I think critical has changed pvp from a game of stratagy, to who can attack first. I've seen someone use a critical storm lord, one of my team members had a -80% storm shield, but it still did 1000 damage (meaning without the shield it would of done 5000.) Yes you can block, but when you get clothes that do, you suffer in terms of critical. Also I don't mind people complaining about chain stunning, explain to me how that is a strategy.

You are right though, complaining about a REAL strategy isn't fun. (Judgement, Bolting, The Ice school, healing, treasure cards, etc.)
Ya, i think critical did change a good bit. My friend used efreet with charms and critical, EVEN with a tower shield, he overkileld me about 3900 damage.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I hate to tell you- but you are just as bad as the complainers if not worse- you are complaining about the complainers.. lol and sorry to say but wild bolt was unfair so you must be storm lol

Survivor
May 16, 2009
Well, let me just start off by saying let there be light! If someone as kind as you had come along sooner, wizard 101 would be a much better place. I as a balance student hear, "Balance is unfair because of so many shields and powerups. They have a strategy that makes them annoying to kill." Strategy! If I'm not incorrect, then isn't that the idea? I also hear, "_______ is unfair and weak." (fill in the blank with a school) You have to play to get strong! That's how the game works. Well, anyways, let me pat down my ruffled feathers and say thank you again :) for you and :( for the complainers

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
jakehjk3 wrote:
I hate to tell you- but you are just as bad as the complainers if not worse- you are complaining about the complainers.. lol and sorry to say but wild bolt was unfair so you must be storm lol

Firstly look at your post. Was that really necessary?
Also, if you consider me a complainer about complainers, you are a complainer about complainers complaining about complainers.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:
Also, if you consider me a complainer about complainers, you are a complainer about complainers complaining about complainers.

LOLZ :D

Iridian

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Igloogirl3 wrote:
jakehjk3 wrote:

Hahaha he has a good point complainer or complainers that complain about complainers

Survivor
May 16, 2009
Igloogirl3 wrote:
jakehjk3 wrote:

Well, isn't that tongue twisting quote of the day!

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:
jakehjk3 wrote:

Yes, I disagree about this. I agree about this: :D hate to tell you- but you are just as bad as the complainers if not worse- you are complaining about the complainers.. lol and sorry to say but wild bolt was unfair so you must be storm lol so... lol ~James Icheart Legendary Pyromancer

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Magicbubble wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:
jakehjk3 wrote:

Hahaha he has a good point complainer or complainers that complain about complainers

It's a Vicious circle, why complain about people who comPlain about complainers complaining about complaints? ?

Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
It depends on what they are complaining about...

Wild Bolt's problem was that in PvP... Pips/Traps/Blades are valued over a Turn.

1) Wild Bolt don't miss often at high level, thus it becomes a 2 pips 1000 damage spell...
2) Even when Wild Bolt misses, it doesn't consume Pips/Traps/Blades, it's almost the same as using a turn to Wand. So basically, you got yourself a uber-boosted Wand that could deal 1000 damage like 30% of the time (with accuracy boost). In low level PvP 1000 damage is death, especially since it doesn't consume Blades/Traps if it misses...

Wild Bolt was a wrongly designed spell, it had been changed and balanced. KI fixed the issue. The next issue is Chain-Stunning AND Ice-Wizards' equipment...

Armiger
May 10, 2010
jmcjmc1 wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:
jakehjk3 wrote:

Yes, I disagree about this. I agree about this: :D hate to tell you- but you are just as bad as the complainers if not worse- you are complaining about the complainers.. lol and sorry to say but wild bolt was unfair so you must be storm lol so... lol ~James Icheart Legendary Pyromancer

Okay, I am not complaining, but pointing out a very simple fact. Complaining about a complainer complaining about complainers is the worst kind of complaining in the history of complaints!

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
I agree completely. The latest complaint is that balance is too powerful. Well, then the same person that made the complaint would make a balance, and when he is a legend, be fighting against people that hate balance! People complain about a school theat they can obviously join.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
Lower level PvP is all about who can spend the most Real Life cash on Crowns. I have been beat far too many times by lower level people who have had the $$$ to spend on crowns. I'm not complaining, only stating the facts.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
csaladbar wrote:
Lower level PvP is all about who can spend the most Real Life cash on Crowns. I have been beat far too many times by lower level people who have had the $$$ to spend on crowns. I'm not complaining, only stating the facts.

Higher level too, with damage up and resistance down more shields need to be bought to weather the storm. Mind you before critical I would pack treasures to gain the advantage->now it fells a little mandatory don't you think?