Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A genius in the arena?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
1
So yesterday i had my lvl 10 fire wizard in the arena and i ran into the same guy 4 times in a row. After beating me for the fourth time i talked to him after the match. He was a lvl 2 storm wizard with only 416 health and he was a warlord! He told me he had a higher level wizard who farmed jade oni, malistaire, gurtok. etc etc etc. Then he would put all the items he farmed in the shared bank and with his level to wizard he would sell these items at bazaar then buy treasure cards. He would only buy krokens and to weakness shields. In the arena his strategy was plain and simple. He discrarded his cards. Used the two weakness sheilds on his oppenents and it would do -30 to their next to spells. Then he would use kroken and kill whoever he faced. Since he was on lvl 2 he never faced anyone with more than 700 health so he killed them everytime. His record was 37 and 0. I became frustrated but realized this was a great strategy.
What do you guys think?

Explorer
May 12, 2009
53
thegreatest7777 wrote:
So yesterday i had my lvl 10 fire wizard in the arena and i ran into the same guy 4 times in a row. After beating me for the fourth time i talked to him after the match. He was a lvl 2 storm wizard with only 416 health and he was a warlord! He told me he had a higher level wizard who farmed jade oni, malistaire, gurtok. etc etc etc. Then he would put all the items he farmed in the shared bank and with his level to wizard he would sell these items at bazaar then buy treasure cards. He would only buy krokens and to weakness shields. In the arena his strategy was plain and simple. He discrarded his cards. Used the two weakness sheilds on his oppenents and it would do -30 to their next to spells. Then he would use kroken and kill whoever he faced. Since he was on lvl 2 he never faced anyone with more than 700 health so he killed them everytime. His record was 37 and 0. I became frustrated but realized this was a great strategy.
What do you guys think?
IDk who you are talking about but that is a good idea! Today i heard one pvp person complainig that someone was a "treasure noob". REALLY? WHat do you think treasures are for? Just to collect? Well that can happen but you use them whenever you can! I should try that when i get my fire to grand. Anyway, bottom lines, great plan and DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT TC CARDS!

Christo FireHeart LVL 45 Pyromancer/Theurge
Catchphrase: BOO YAH! XD

Defender
May 31, 2009
116
This post kills me...

Without taking anything away from your lvl2 Warlord, I daresay Genius is a bit of a stretch. After all, this strategy of his is one that many, many out there have already figured out.

But what really hit the spot for me about your post was the fact that what you call GENIUS, many would call BULLY. After all, being the best lvl2 out there is like being the strongest kid in 1st grade. OK, so maybe he can beat up a few third graders, but against the Chuck Norrises of the world, this GENIUS wouldn't stand a chance.

Go, good for him / her - they've taken advantage of the system and achieved an impressive rank. Bravo - here's to picking on kids. But there are hundreds, nay, THOUSANDS of higher level privates that could wipe him / her out of the arena in three rounds.

Genius? I think not - I say Bully...

mlb

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
47
kooch1 wrote:
thegreatest7777 wrote:
So yesterday i had my lvl 10 fire wizard in the arena and i ran into the same guy 4 times in a row. After beating me for the fourth time i talked to him after the match. He was a lvl 2 storm wizard with only 416 health and he was a warlord! He told me he had a higher level wizard who farmed jade oni, malistaire, gurtok. etc etc etc. Then he would put all the items he farmed in the shared bank and with his level to wizard he would sell these items at bazaar then buy treasure cards. He would only buy krokens and to weakness shields. In the arena his strategy was plain and simple. He discrarded his cards. Used the two weakness sheilds on his oppenents and it would do -30 to their next to spells. Then he would use kroken and kill whoever he faced. Since he was on lvl 2 he never faced anyone with more than 700 health so he killed them everytime. His record was 37 and 0. I became frustrated but realized this was a great strategy.
What do you guys think?
IDk who you are talking about but that is a good idea! Today i heard one pvp person complainig that someone was a "treasure noob". REALLY? WHat do you think treasures are for? Just to collect? Well that can happen but you use them whenever you can! I should try that when i get my fire to grand. Anyway, bottom lines, great plan and DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT TC CARDS!

Christo FireHeart LVL 45 Pyromancer/Theurge
Catchphrase: BOO YAH! XD




um he wasnt complaining! he is saying that was a really good strategy! read it again!

Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
5
thegreatest7777 wrote:
So yesterday i had my lvl 10 fire wizard in the arena and i ran into the same guy 4 times in a row. After beating me for the fourth time i talked to him after the match. He was a lvl 2 storm wizard with only 416 health and he was a warlord! He told me he had a higher level wizard who farmed jade oni, malistaire, gurtok. etc etc etc. Then he would put all the items he farmed in the shared bank and with his level to wizard he would sell these items at bazaar then buy treasure cards. He would only buy krokens and to weakness shields. In the arena his strategy was plain and simple. He discrarded his cards. Used the two weakness sheilds on his oppenents and it would do -30 to their next to spells. Then he would use kroken and kill whoever he faced. Since he was on lvl 2 he never faced anyone with more than 700 health so he killed them everytime. His record was 37 and 0. I became frustrated but realized this was a great strategy.
What do you guys think?



I don't think that's an strategy, I think that's cheating. ;) ;)

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
71
First of all it isnt cheating to use your resourses and second of all let wizards do what they want if you ban treasure cards then that takes away keen eye, sniper, tough, strong, ect.So kingsilse is just deleting alot of cards they created.Third of all people lose ranks once treasure cards are gone some wizards lost their main attack so they have to choose between fleeing or using a imp.Once that happen they have all this armor taking up a lot more space than needing.So treasure cards either help balance people or make wizards hate other wizards for something like Wildbolt with only a ten percent chance that it'll work

Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
5
bdawg99 wrote:
First of all it isnt cheating to use your resourses and second of all let wizards do what they want if you ban treasure cards then that takes away keen eye, sniper, tough, strong, ect.So kingsilse is just deleting alot of cards they created.Third of all people lose ranks once treasure cards are gone some wizards lost their main attack so they have to choose between fleeing or using a imp.Once that happen they have all this armor taking up a lot more space than needing.So treasure cards either help balance people or make wizards hate other wizards for something like Wildbolt with only a ten percent chance that it'll work


It's cheating, because i dont think low lvl wizards should use their treasure cards to win. I have seen a lvl one beat a lvl 20, i dont thats fair. The lvl one was a wild bolter and use other treasure cards.

Defender
May 30, 2009
157
Ok cheating is where you do something that you aren't allowed to do. If the game allows you to purchase treasure cards AND use them in the arena, this IS NOT cheating. You are allowed to do it. No where in the rules does it state you CAN NOT buy or make treasure cards and use them in the arena/game. So, once again, for those who didn't understand it the first time........this is NOT cheating. Do I like getting my tail handed to me by a lvl 5 or lvl 10 warlord who uses treasure cards? Well, no. But you have to hand it to them, they are using what is available to their advantage. Instead of whining about it, do the same. Make some treasure cards, buy some, trade some. Whatever.

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
71
asutton75 wrote:
Ok cheating is where you do something that you aren't allowed to do. If the game allows you to purchase treasure cards AND use them in the arena, this IS NOT cheating. You are allowed to do it. No where in the rules does it state you CAN NOT buy or make treasure cards and use them in the arena/game. So, once again, for those who didn't understand it the first time........this is NOT cheating. Do I like getting my tail handed to me by a lvl 5 or lvl 10 warlord who uses treasure cards? Well, no. But you have to hand it to them, they are using what is available to their advantage. Instead of whining about it, do the same. Make some treasure cards, buy some, trade some. Whatever.




Finally someone that I can agree with.I am level 50 and I got owned by someone less than lvl 20 but did I got cry about it, No I just played again and if you cant except that some "noobs" are warlords then why dont you stop complaining and rank up.Ever hear the word towering shield, weakness, STORM SHIELD.Hmm what is it you say, The thinks you use to reduce spells dont you think theirs a purpose for shields its not just to see or to own but to use and if your wanting to take treasure cards away then go quit because I am possitive that KI isnt going to take away a whole deck of cards because ONE wizard lost ONE battle by a lower lvl.It sounds like your saying only a higher lvl can beat you.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2009
15
it is a good stratigy, but sometimes my grandmasters fight lvl 2 wizards in the arena, cause i lower rank a lot for tickets. it only happened like 3 times, but i took my power pip sword and power pip chance to get 2 power pips first round, then depending on if i get a power pip or normal pip the next round, makes me either pass (on death) stormzilla (on storm if normal) or triton or wraith (both death and storm)

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
563
OH MY GOSH!!!!! That's really good for only a novice diviner. That same thing happens with me when I'm in 1v1 Ranked Matches against Marleybonians and Krokotopians. They use a bunch of hexes, curses, and feints on me and then they cast wild bolt. And it gets me with full health (I have 2,314 life points right now).


About a week ago I was in a 4v4 on an all life wizards (with the exception of one pyromancer), there were 2 high level storm wizards on the other team. They killed all of us with a storm lord, then the next round, they casted triton on the last remaining guy alive. We died.


Caroline Sunbright
Grandmaster theurgist

Survivor
May 02, 2009
1
I have been playing wizard since it came out but I always made it a point to stay out of the arena. not because I don't have strategy, but because it gets to the political side of schools strengths and weakenesses. I mean let's face it, some schools do have a some what unfair advantage in the arena with some spells. Having said that, on my death grand I have never lost to storm in 1 on 1 pvp. the real genius of the arena is when different schools combine (like in 4 v 4) and compliment each other. :-)

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
Experianced pvpers should know the strategy of killing before getting killed. Don't wait, go for it. By the time you know it, you'll have a higher ranking than a noob 25. They dont know what they are doing, so they find easy ways out. If wild bolt is the answer, there you have it, but it proves buying their way in is nothing.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
399
maybe it works with novices but in the long run, that is one of the WORST strategies i have ever heard of. whats genius boy gonna do if his krakens keep fizzling and he runs out of discard material? what if the other guy keeps shielding with TCs of their own, hmmmm? heres the obvious solution for the other guy:

1: shield against storm
2: use 2 flare spells to get rid of the weaknesses
3: save up for a rank 2-3 barrage

now here are the lvl2 warlords steps:

1: discard hand and draw tcs
2: play weaknesses
3: save for kraken
4: follow up with more krakens
5: uh oh, out of krakens
6: give up

step 5 doesnt always happen and step 6 only happens if step 5 happens, true true. but that's still more steps then the other guy. looks like ur genius idea is a flop.

one other thing: someone else might get in the shared bank and take all the goods first.

Explorer
May 09, 2009
82
Here's a good strategy someone used on me: He got a ton of defence for each school. 40% resist all so it took a blade to do normal damage. I barely won. He was balance and he bladed and trapped and then he used judgement. He was also life and he kept using satyr and pixie. He almost won but I had a lot of health ( three thousand one hundred something ) and I resisted his judgements, kept healing, and kept using blades and traps to increase my attacks.