Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

55% resist at low lvl any tips to get this?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 25, 2008
I am not complaining, i just want to know how do they do it? I have seen many low lvls with 55 resist getting this from all commander gear, then 15 total resist from pet and having heartsteel giving them 5%. It is almost an automatic win for them. The time it must take to do that amazes me. Just looking at it you would think wow i should try that. i have a really good fire 70 in pvp, but i can't rank a low lvl for my life any tips i wanna be one of those beast lvl 5s with all that resist and a super high rank lol.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
Well, here is one strategy:

--Training Points

-Infection (NEEDED)
-A high hitting school's lvl 5 spell. Not really needed but it helps. Fire Elf is recommended for the DOT affect.

You will need a good card-giving pet with Proof, Defy, Spritely, and one talent of your choice (HELPS A LOT, Not technically necessary)

To start, get the Crowns gear for lvl 5. Midsummer's Cowl, Jacket of Withstanding, and the other boots that give curse or hex, I can't remember, Heartsteel, Ascendant's Staff, and Ring of Refreshment.

Treasure Cards:

-Monstrous! This helps so much. It increases damage by 175, and uses the same amount of pips. It is also very cheap. I would have mentioned Gargantuan but you can't trade them at all or buy them until lvl 58. (NECESSARY)
-A high hitting card (Kraken etc.) however, this is not necessary. It uses up too many pips.
-Possibly a shatter for shield spammers, however they are very uncommon at your level.

Strategy:
Place infection as soon as possible! Stack them one after another.
Use a Monstrous Leprechaun or your other school spell as soon as possible after infect is up.
Heal if you need to.

You should get to Commander quite easily.

Also, don't forget your proof defy pet if you want the 55% resist!

~Michael Lifesword, PvP Commander
~Michael Dragonspear, PvP Commander

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
SEAN638 wrote:
I am not complaining, i just want to know how do they do it? I have seen many low lvls with 55 resist getting this from all commander gear, then 15 total resist from pet and having heartsteel giving them 5%. It is almost an automatic win for them. The time it must take to do that amazes me. Just looking at it you would think wow i should try that. i have a really good fire 70 in pvp, but i can't rank a low lvl for my life any tips i wanna be one of those beast lvl 5s with all that resist and a super high rank lol.
make friends with those who do have it 4v4 with a pet with defy and proof. pwn everyone get tickets buy gear. pwn more people get more tickets get more gear. this is how most people at that lvl do it now adays.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
SEAN638 wrote:

Step 1. Get a really good pet that will surely give you Spell Proof and Spell Defy (Do this with hatching on your higher level wizard)

Step 2. Move the pet down to your lower level wizard if both of these stats are successful.

Step 3. Get the athame called Heartsteel.

Step 4. 20% resist right there! But then do a WHOLE LOT of ranked pvp and get the commander gear I'm pretty sure that's the best?

Step 5. Stitch so it doesn't look like you have pvp gear (Hiding your stats is the most helpful thing in pvp.) But, stitch in a different color as your school.

Step 6. Never talk in ranked pvp (People check stats like crazy!)

Step 7. PvP is going to be a snap

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
The biggest thing you need is a pet with attack card with the talents others have mentioned. low pip flamezilla is a good example.

Next is a solid damage multiplying side deck that has good damage management, meaning you need to be able to boost your attack and defend your low health with a very thought out side selection. Remember you only have 7-8 treasure cards so every card has to have a purpose and timing is everything. Also you should load a minion and an AOE to deal with minions. As others have indicated monstrous is good but these boosted attacks(I only load one in side) should be Pre made (in pve) then loaded.

I would start at lvl 10 if I were you to get an extra training point to train Myth shield -85% *best move in low level* as a defense to double attacks is priceless.

I'll give you my side for my lil retired fire warlord

Tower (-55%) you only have one so timing has to be crisp

Absorb - basically adds health so you can take a bigger hit when opponent is boosting

Monstrous fire bird - big damage low pips, can hit for enough said

Elemental blade - damage multiplier for timed kill shot

Wildfire - bubble multiplier, bigger the better ;)

Fire minion - only have one so cast when opponent is low in pips or has taken a hit. Force a decision... Heal or kill minion.. Hmmm

Reshuffle- let's face the facts, you have basically no cards to play with so you're going to need this. Reshuffling my pets attack card has saved me many times.

AOE- fist rule of low level *kill the minion AsAP* this is important. Scald dragon meteor just get one in there.

Important- use amulet with two weakness on it. (also only for lvl 10)

Good luck

Justin Ashcloud lvl 10 pyromancer. Warlord (1000-99)

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
farm for polymorph in cl and you can beat those wizards or use pierce treasure cards