Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

4v4 Turnbased

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 24, 2014
I realize how turn based system in 1v1 was a necessary update due to unfair advantages from first. However 4v4 and turn based don't really add up. After test realm was live, I did the very first 4v4 practice match on the game. The results were everyone disliking the way it it. I am 1 of the 4v4 communities and there are many more of us who really stay on the game for the reason they can 4v4, and turn based really changed the way 4v4 works. Before when you die in a match and you are second you can be revived the same round and save your pips, which was an advantage of being second, but now if you die you die. The fact that we have a 20 seconds timer, reduces a lot of multi screeners ability to pvp, most of the 4v4 community has a lot of multi screeners, thus reducing their ability to pvp easily. I've seen a lot of ppl show negative feedback to how 4v4 turn based isn't the way to go.

Of course there are solutions that i've come to. My first solution is to change the way 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 work thus making them normal match making and keeping 1v1 in a turn based system.
The second solution includes adding an option to be able to do a turn based match up or a normal match up, giving the player to choose between the 2.

I personally havent done pvp since after the first match on the day of the update, I really dont like the way turn based is working and hope to see some changes in it.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
  1. Turn bassed PvP is for the better regardless of how many are on a team. The whole point of it is to ensure both sides are playing under the same conditions. Whether or not first or second has an advantage in the example you gave. It's still something one side can do and not the other. This shouldn't be the case.