Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

3rd age magus pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 16, 2013
I was so excited for third age but am not now. I went into the arena thinking I would get even match ups in 1v1 to get grand master wiz in full glen wing gear (no I did not have open to all opponents clicked). I don't know how this is fair at all I am level 36. So I thought let's log into a second account and try 2v2 on those wiz. I got a few magus teams then after I won a few matches glen wing grands again. Please King Isle fix this system. a magus wizard should play magus wiz until their rank is high enough for master/grands. At Private is insane.

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
I would suggest to hold off on PvP for about a month, this lets those who were previously Warlords/Commanders regain their rank so you can get more evenly matched with those your skill level :)

~Cass MoonHeart 100

Survivor
Dec 28, 2014
Ellie, the problem with a new age, is that everyone is the same rank. It doesn't matter if you were a warlord or a private in the previous age, all ranks are reset and everyone is considered a private. It takes time to work itself out. Wait another month or so to let all the 2nd age warlords rank up to so you will fight people your own level and rank.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2011
Something that bugs me is that I'm a warlord, and sometimes when I 2v2, I am against Adepts and they like sergeant in 3rd age and in 2nd or 1st age they got all commander gear and have it equipped, totally unfair

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Ellie EmeraldDream... on Jul 20, 2015 wrote:
I was so excited for third age but am not now. I went into the arena thinking I would get even match ups in 1v1 to get grand master wiz in full glen wing gear (no I did not have open to all opponents clicked). I don't know how this is fair at all I am level 36. So I thought let's log into a second account and try 2v2 on those wiz. I got a few magus teams then after I won a few matches glen wing grands again. Please King Isle fix this system. a magus wizard should play magus wiz until their rank is high enough for master/grands. At Private is insane.
as if i needed a reason to avoid this "new" pvp.

my magus pyromancer finished the 2nd age as a knight. she has veteran gear (which is great, because i'm used to fighting grandmasters with critical), but i was wary about going back to the arena for the 3rd age because i had a feeling that something was going to be broken. and, sure enough, no surprise there.

i don't understand why pvp keeps getting reset. it's been broken from day one, yet no fixes have been implemented; after all of these "updates", how does ki justify the still-very-broken matching system? there's no real reason for it, other than to make ranking up a lot harder for those just starting out. if i didn't want the commander gear (for purely aesthetic reasons), i would have quit ages ago.

pvp is basically economics; pay-to-win; that is to say, it's very difficult to get ahead unless you already are.

think of it like a bank loan; the more money you have, the more your financial institution will throw at you. but, if you need it, forget about trying to get it because no one will give it to you.

the same applies to pvp elite gear. if you are a warlord at 3000 rank, who obviously doesn't need the stuff, you get more arena tickets and the odds are higher that you will win. if you are a private, getting the needed tickets to purchase the needed gear is a lot more complicated because you don't get the same payoff as those who already have the stuff and don't need it.

-von