Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

3 Spell Cards that need to be look at for PvP

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
1. Both stun cards (single and group). In a 1v1 match these card does not give a player any big advantage but when in a 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 a team can keep the other team from ever casting a spell. I believe that these two cards should be band from 2v2, 3v3, 4v4.

2. Wild Bolt: This card is close to being broken. As gear get better and wizard level get rasie this card will become broken. Image a storm wizard hit with 1500+ every round. Right now it about 1 in 3 chance with just gear and goold card with help 1 in 2 chance.

Defender
Feb 03, 2009
TOTALLY AGREE

Chain Stun is ridiculous.

Wildbolt is BAAArrOken. I don't care about it's accuracy. First round, Stormblade, second round 1600 pts of damage.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Surely the point is that any stun card - chain or single - is part of the armoury. Would we criticise a police officer for using pepper spray? Should we criticise a Life wizard because his/her spells are 90% effective? Is this fair, if you are struggling with 70% as a Storm wizard? Let's stop whinging about these differences and get on and play the game. I agree that it can be frustrating to be on the receiving end of stun cards, but that is not a good enough reason to ban them. Equally, Frost Giant and Storm Lord are effective, but to be used properly, they require a large number of pips, during which time the spell caster is vulnerable. Speculate to accumulate! (and there is the added factor that the spellcaster has had to work through 48 levels to get these spells)

Defender
Feb 03, 2009
Thread Necro much?

This thread is nearly 3 months old for crying out loud. Surely one of the more recent posts about Stuns would suit your pro stun needs?

I agree that it can be frustrating to be on the receiving end of stun cards, but that is not a good enough reason to ban them.

Stuns aren't the problem. Chain Stunning IS. It's not frustrating being on the receiving end, it just simply removes your ability to actually PLAY the game. This does not effect 1v1 but group PvP is broken because of this. Since certain schools can easily exploit this weakness in the game, and since there is no separation between Group Rank and Individual Rank, this nullifies any and all efforts to provide a respectable PvP environment where effort/skill equals reward.

Let's leave real world references out of this too. I fail to see how you equate the use of pepper spray by a police officer to the casting of a spell within a broken context by a cartoon wizard. It sounds ridiculous because it is.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Alright after reading all these posts about stunning and chain stunning I have an idea. How about making them less effective instead of totally doing away with them in pvp. Say make them only 50 to 80% likely to actually stun the person they hit. Seems fair to me. Then chain stunning would not be an issue. I don't mean making it fizzle I mean it actually plays but may or may not stun the receiver.

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
Something does need to be done about wild bolt; its damage is not balanced by low accuracy when the user is wearing full pvp gear currently. A solution to this may be to: 1. remove accuracy boosts from storm gear and replace it with power pip chance, and 2. lower the accuracy boost from the pvp gear. Then again wil bolt users can always get lucky...

As for chain stuns, I don't see why people continue to defend chain stuns so stretchingly, especially after the professors said they're dealing with it.
My guess is the spells aren't removed, the stun mechanic is going to either work differently from now, or stun spells won't stun when used in the arena (most likely solution IMO, means frost giant and storm lord still do their normal damage, they just won't stun while used in arena).

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
Lol i always laugh about this thread
one, buy treasure dissipates, or storm shield
two, have a bunch of heals in sideboard or train in life
three, bring in back up(try fighting with a dueling partner) :
ice, backs up with ice armor, and theyre kinda hard to one shot
balance(even better, since balance was almost bred for pvp)use black mantle, lower theyre accuracy, let them use weakness on the storm guy, tell tjem to blade you, and to top it off, balances mander minion(crazy helpful)

if yo have a life friend its obvious why u should try
to get them to help you :-)

so yea

Survivor
Oct 26, 2009
I have never had a problem (or anyone has) chain stunning. I do hate chain bolters and people have done it to me. So i think ban both cards so people don't do it.

Survivor
Nov 17, 2009
I do not find the bot spell near as bad as the lady balance spell. One hit and with their buffs, and 3k damage? Too many Players with it. I have a level 48 being beat by level 15's. and have not been able to advance in PvP level in a month due to this. So all those tickets are worthless.