Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

1vs1, not 1vs1+minions and other

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
I have read a couple months back on this forum and haven't found anything on these topics. So maybe it should be addressed again? I've recently started pvp, and I KNOW warlords use these, because one told me he wouldn't win without it, but minions :/. Come on. I have a Death character that can build a big enough minion to do scarecrow and it has over a 1000 health, but do I use it? NO WAY! I think PVP should be about strategy and power and knowing when to shield, etc, not letting a minion fight/shield/break shields for you. If someone puts a shield up, go over or around it. Myth minions use more tower shields than ice players do, and it seems minions have an unlimited supply of spells. Minions are great for attacking big bosses solo, but I still rarely use it. I do think player vs player should be just that, no minions. I've won against people with minions, and I've lost. I'm not ranked on any of my players just because I just get tired of people using such things (and that they get beat by a girl and want a rematch). I know there are warlords who DON'T use minions. Good for them, they're great! :-D

The other thing, that just makes me mad, is heck hound. OK. You all changed wild bolt, I understand it, ANYWAY...you can treasure heck hound, you use all your pips, and it's a multi hit spell. Good strategy? No, pretty lame really. Seems that person has no talent other than "let me just use heck hound a bunch of times because I don't want to be defeated by a better opponent". I have used poison, because getting rid of their shields is a good way to go, and skeletal dragon does the same type of thing, not complaining about the idea of heck hound since most schools have the same type of thing...however, getting hit with a gargantuan boosted heck hound at full pips, and living because you can shield, and then shielding up again, and then hit with it again, come on. Fire has a LOT more damaging spells then heck hound, BAN IT from PVP. Let's see who the strongest wizards are :-). I've been killed by judgement too, still, no complaints...good for them. They can only kill you with a good set up, so still a "little" bit of strategy went in. The whole treasure card thing isn't even what makes me angry. Boost your cards, go ahead, but maybe only allow one hit spells? The smartest thing to boost in my opinion is a smaller pip card, but what do I know, I'm a private ranking on all of my characters :-D, but I do have 2 legendary and a grandmaster, and some little wizards :-).

I know a lot of people are with me on the minion topic, and against me. I wanted to say something so others may come and say "yeah! I hate minions" or "hey, you should use your minion because of this and this". I understand why people use them, I'm not blind, but it's not showing a strong wizard when you pull out a minion. All wizards have minions. Sure I could sit back and shield and set up my minion to fight, but that just makes me look like a helpful mander, or a minion myself. No..way...

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
Dude, both of your complaints are strategy, quit complaining just because your bad at pvp. First of all, Heckhound only last for like 3 rounds and you can mess it up. Second of all, minions are fair because its computer, its not like some random player is controlling the minion and have unlimited stormzillas.

Hero
May 02, 2009
That's like telling fire not to use their DoT spells, or life not to heal, or myth not to use minions, earthquake or their 2-hit spells, etc.

Whether you want to admit it or not, minions ARE actually strategy, even more so than ever. If you bothered to read the update notes, you would see that practically all the minions in the game got upgraded with new spells, like sprite.

Now, I'm a legendary Fire wizard, who at adept beat a master life wizard (and yes she had her minion out during the fight), and am a former pvp adept veteran on my fire (former level 14 pvp knight on my myth), and after reading this post (yes, I read all of it), it seems this is just a long winded response for you to say "take this out of pvp, make other players fight the way I want to fight; forget their strategy, especially if it involes minions or heckhounds."

Yes, fire does have more damaging spells than heckhound, and from what I know, not a whole lot of fire wizards use it. But the people who DO use it, it can, like judgement, mean the difference between a win and a loss. DoT's can actually be helpful, and the DoT spells are actually one of Fire's strong-point, just like minions and 2-hit spells are to Myth; people use those because it's one of myth's strong points.

I've used my minion in both pve and pvp, and both before and after this update, he has been a life-saver for me. I've also used my minions on my myth for both pvp and pve, and again, they've been a big help to me, and I'm sure many would agree with me on that fact. I dont always rely on my minions either, as I can hold my ground on my own, and tend to summon my minions when I need them, but you get my point.

Bottom line, by only allowing 1-hit spells in the arena and not allowing minions in arena either, your taking away from each school apart of what makes them strong (i.e. DoT's from fire, minions and 2-hit spells from myth, decent attacking spells from death, etc.); that would just unbalance the game, and we'd have a whole lot more complaints than we do now.

You've seen how the change of wild bolt affected people (and to be honest, I wasnt to thrilled about it either), do you really want to make a problem even worse than that?

I'm not trying to sound mean or rude, but DoT's and Minions are actually strategy in it of itself, whether you want to admit it or not. Each school has a strong point and a weak point, but how people use those strong points is up to them.

I'm not trying to say that you have to use your minions, because i'm not. But you have to understand and think about how it would affect those schools and all the other schools as well.

The people who use and dont use minions are all using some form of strategy (besides chain stunning, which I've never considered strategy), but like I said, you have to consider the affect it would have on the game and what problems it might cause in the end (not saying that there can be no benifit out of it, but in this case the problems would outwiegh the benifits by allot).

So again, sorry if I sounded mean, as I wasn't trying to, but this is just my take on the subject.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
LOL OMG stop my side is hurting from laughing at you!!!

I know KI should take them spells out for you right, we'll let you keep your spells is that ok. (sorry laughing) I know ill PvP against you and let you win I dont want to use a spell that you might not like, we dont want to make you mad!!!(wait slipped out of my chair from laughing to hard lol) wipping tear out of my eyes.

Enough about crying about other school spells just learn how to fight and defend against the attacks the best that you can,you'll get it figured out and you will start winning.
But crying about other school spells and trying to change them just not right.

Michael RedBlood death

P.S. iam private in arena lol i did get to warlord, I use to PvP and just have fun win or lose I had fun,and that's the whole point,. have fun!!!

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
Everything you mentioned is strategy and part of the game. If you can't beat other players because they use minions, don't start blaming other or call it unfair.

Personally i use minions myself on every single wizard i pvp on and would never build a deck without it.

I'm not even going to bother with your heckhound issue.

I'd suggest you practice more and maybe do some research into deck building, strategy ect ect. The people who are great and pvp and can get to warlord didn't do so in an instant without practice and optimizing thier build and strategy all the time.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
Mordikay wrote:
Everything you mentioned is strategy and part of the game. If you can't beat other players because they use minions, don't start blaming other or call it unfair.

Personally i use minions myself on every single wizard i pvp on and would never build a deck without it.

I'm not even going to bother with your heckhound issue.

I'd suggest you practice more and maybe do some research into deck building, strategy ect ect. The people who are great and pvp and can get to warlord didn't do so in an instant without practice and optimizing thier build and strategy all the time.

you are 100% right.

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
No minions, myth fails. You lose to a strategy. Think of a strategy so you could hurt them back with something thats anything but complaining and whining.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
stationaryflyer wrote:
I have read a couple months back on this forum and haven't found anything on these topics. So maybe it should be addressed again? I've recently started pvp, and I KNOW warlords use these, because one told me he wouldn't win without it, but minions :/. Come on. I have a Death character that can build a big enough minion to do scarecrow and it has over a 1000 health, but do I use it? NO WAY! I think PVP should be about strategy and power and knowing when to shield, etc, not letting a minion fight/shield/break shields for you. If someone puts a shield up, go over or around it. Myth minions use more tower shields than ice players do, and it seems minions have an unlimited supply of spells. Minions are great for attacking big bosses solo, but I still rarely use it. I do think player vs player should be just that, no minions. I've won against people with minions, and I've lost. I'm not ranked on any of my players just because I just get tired of people using such things (and that they get beat by a girl and want a rematch). I know there are warlords who DON'T use minions. Good for them, they're great! :D

The other thing, that just makes me mad, is heck hound. OK. You all changed wild bolt, I understand it, ANYWAY...you can treasure heck hound, you use all your pips, and it's a multi hit spell. Good strategy? No, pretty lame really. Seems that person has no talent other than "let me just use heck hound a bunch of times because I don't want to be defeated by a better opponent". I have used poison, because getting rid of their shields is a good way to go, and skeletal dragon does the same type of thing, not complaining about the idea of heck hound since most schools have the same type of thing...however, getting hit with a gargantuan boosted heck hound at full pips, and living because you can shield, and then shielding up again, and then hit with it again, come on. Fire has a LOT more damaging spells then heck hound, BAN IT from PVP. Let's see who the strongest wizards are :). I've been killed by judgement too, still, no complaints...good for them. They can only kill you with a good set up, so still a "little" bit of strategy went in. The whole treasure card thing isn't even what makes me angry. Boost your cards, go ahead, but maybe only allow one hit spells? The smartest thing to boost in my opinion is a smaller pip card, but what do I know, I'm a private ranking on all of my characters :D, but I do have 2 legendary and a grandmaster, and some little wizards :).

I know a lot of people are with me on the minion topic, and against me. I wanted to say something so others may come and say "yeah! I hate minions" or "hey, you should use your minion because of this and this". I understand why people use them, I'm not blind, but it's not showing a strong wizard when you pull out a minion. All wizards have minions. Sure I could sit back and shield and set up my minion to fight, but that just makes me look like a helpful mander, or a minion myself. No..way...

There's a minion that usses scarecrow? I didn't know that. You must have to have A LOT of pips to get that one.

And when it comes to little wizards, the grandmaster or the legendary will always win :D.