Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

100% Resist

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 24, 2009
I saw the guy who healed off immulate and I thought, "I'm fire, I have immulate, I fight annoying fire bosses, I should try this,". I've gotten to 71% Fire resist from robe(30%), hat(21%), and boots(20%). Any suggestions on how to get more resist? Btw, if anybody's curious, I got my things from the bazaar. I know pets can give good resist, any pets anybody knows?

Survivor
May 02, 2014
FireMorgan13 on May 18, 2014 wrote:
I saw the guy who healed off immulate and I thought, "I'm fire, I have immulate, I fight annoying fire bosses, I should try this,". I've gotten to 71% Fire resist from robe(30%), hat(21%), and boots(20%). Any suggestions on how to get more resist? Btw, if anybody's curious, I got my things from the bazaar. I know pets can give good resist, any pets anybody knows?
I can try to help you.

How much resist do you want for your pet
I got a pet but doesn't have that much good resistance though.

And I been winning rank pvp with a baby pet lol

Kymma lvl 12 or 13 I'm a veteran in rank pvp

Explorer
Dec 24, 2009
I want as much fire resist as possible from a pet.

Richard BattleStone lvl 86

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
If you're going to do it yourself, I'd start with a starfish from Celestia vendor. It regularly gives Spell Proof which is up to +10% universal resist. There's a whole load of fire pets that have Fire Proof which adds another 10%. Fire Ward will add another +5, Spell Defy +5 universal. I'd suggest taking a look at http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Resistance-Boosting_Talents
and see what pets appeal to you and where you can find them.

Defender
Oct 24, 2010
I think it is impossible to reach 100% resist cause then all damage you take will be 0 (which if it is possible will make things totally unfair). The highest resist i guess you can have is 99 but i don't think that is possible unless there is some kind of ultra gear that gives insane resist.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
LukeAndEye on Jun 26, 2014 wrote:
I think it is impossible to reach 100% resist cause then all damage you take will be 0 (which if it is possible will make things totally unfair). The highest resist i guess you can have is 99 but i don't think that is possible unless there is some kind of ultra gear that gives insane resist.
You're wrong. You need 101+% for immune for starters. 100% actually is 99% from the games view. It's not possible to have 101+% Universal Resist from what I've seen so far, except with one of the Khrysalis companions and a max double resist pet and 100 lvl jade. You can easily obtain well over 100% resist in any school with specific gear, pet and Khrysalis crafted rings, but that only gives immune to one school at a time so it really has no effect on pvp.

Explorer
Dec 24, 2009
I'm just trying for immunity in fire, I know universal 100 is nearly impossible. I forgot about the 101% and over bit though, but I would be willing to work for it.

Defender
Oct 24, 2010
seethe42 on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
You're wrong. You need 101+% for immune for starters. 100% actually is 99% from the games view. It's not possible to have 101+% Universal Resist from what I've seen so far, except with one of the Khrysalis companions and a max double resist pet and 100 lvl jade. You can easily obtain well over 100% resist in any school with specific gear, pet and Khrysalis crafted rings, but that only gives immune to one school at a time so it really has no effect on pvp.
lol thanks for the correction, should have looked at it in another way.