Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

10% more damage for storm and ice players

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
The introduction of new blades on pets and the like has really jumped up school damages but at the comparitive expense of both storm and ice. When your base damage is low, such as ice damage is, new blades helps everyone else out more than they help you out in terms of total damage done so you quinge a bit at the comparitive nerf. If you are storm you quinge when you see other schools being able to rival your damage while having about 10% higher pip chance, targeting chance, and about 900 more health points than you. New blades nerf both storm and ice compared to bolstering everyone else. Sure it may give storm more potential damage, but storm has a lot of low percentage blades and traps already and struggles to have the time and the card dealing luck and pips to be able to place them all and as such new blades are a nerf to storm.

Due both storm and ice schools recieving less benifit from the newly added blades they need to either be bolstered by about 10% base damage or have one of their already existant blades increased by 10% damage to make up for the strengthening of everyone else.

When new cards are introduced into the game Wizard101 needs to ask themselves what schools are going to benifit the most from them in relative comparison to the schools that aren't going to benifit much by them. If characters used to be about even in strength, then lets keep them even when new cards are introduced, or else the balance school will see a continual increase in its comparitive strength while the schools at the extremes will experience relative decreases in strengths. The end result being as it currently is now, the schools fail to be even.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
I agree that something needs to be done for diviners. Today I lost a really long match to a conjurer because he was able to build up a stack of blades that caused a 2000 point second hit from his orthrus. While I was wearing full commander gear. That is enough to take out most other wizards as well. I've advocated before that myth is a school that should be adjusted some how. But anyway... Diviners have been losing quite a bit of edge in this game recently and I'm hoping that KI has found a few fixes for that when Celestia is released. At least a bump in base health with an increase in the level cap will be nice. Hopefully some new and effective strategies will emerge from the promised schools.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
every new addition and every new adjustment this game has made for a very long time has largely been at the expense of nerfing storm relative to everyone else... life also suffers a lot from dispels, and ice gets hit fairly hard damage wise when new blades come out as it deals the lowest base damage... balance on the other hand strengthens tremendously from all of the adjustments

storm = 900 less health, 10% less pip chance, 10% less accuracy ... it doesn't take increasing damages everyone else deals by much to slaughter storm and yet storm has nothing it can do offensively anymore as storm was heavily made useless by dispels ... storm used to be my favorite school as it was fun to play and fits my personality, now I can't recommend anyone play it cause Wizard101 has nerfed it so very much and it has lost its damage edge from all the new blades everyone else now has. Storm is supposed to be the heaviest damage dealer, and yet judgement out hits storm by a lot. Sure you might say storm could stack tons of blades and traps up, but storm neither has the deck size, the luck of drawing all those cards, the required pips, and the required time to do that. In order for storm to accomplish all of that balance can off two bladed up and trapped up judgement attacks and has reshuffle, damage reductions, targeting reductions, and all sorts of protection shields to boot, not to mention that its attacks are god-like that is Wizard101 supports that nothing be able to ever effectively block balance attacks even though they are the strongest hitting 1v1 attacks in the game.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
try another desk if the one you have isn't working out for you. there are storm and ice 1500 plus? they don't seem affected by this so called problem. work your deck

Survivor
Jan 28, 2010

i am storm and in PVP i have lost 10 out of 10 games against myth and balance.Balance more so since there are no shields they just load up and cast judgement and game over and now no dispell for balance.All balance are warlords due to advantage balance.i am working on balance so i can win easily in PVP

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
seasnake wrote:

storm = 900 less health, 10% less pip chance, 10% less accuracy ... .

The thing I love about this post is that it is largely inaccurate. The 10 less pip chance is actually at most 7%, and if you wear gear that gives extra pip chance it can go up to 90%... 10% more than balance. Then the other thing is that with storms largely overpowered gear, they have the same accuracy. And storm doing 33% more damage per PIP takes care of the extra health gained...

You are looking at the worst possibilities for storm, like you are adding the pip chance on, but you do not add acurracy or health.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
NuclearWar wrote:
seasnake wrote:

storm = 900 less health, 10% less pip chance, 10% less accuracy ... .

The thing I love about this post is that it is largely inaccurate. The 10 less pip chance is actually at most 7%, and if you wear gear that gives extra pip chance it can go up to 90%... 10% more than balance. Then the other thing is that with storms largely overpowered gear, they have the same accuracy. And storm doing 33% more damage per PIP takes care of the extra health gained...

You are looking at the worst possibilities for storm, like you are adding the pip chance on, but you do not add acurracy or health.

Those figures are directly from my grandmaster storm, life, and balance characters. All have top grandmaster equipment, and only my balance has a less than perfect grandmaster pet. As such I would not call my figures largely inaccurate at all.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
i think there should be a type ultiment spell for all types for example storm
the attack should do a lot of damage storm damage over time or anything that a spell before has done

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
To think before Celestia lots of storm people were telling the other schools to stop complaining.