Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why privates alway against warlords?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
hi i'm a private in pvp and they put me with level 10s that are warlords. always getting beat by a dragon or something. today a level 10 conjurer beat me by medusa. did 2,529 damage. beat me up one strike. that's how about 68 times in 2nd age :( but my talent is pvp as pets! really good ever since my torjan horse became a teen maybe put me with other privates?

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Roslyn night coin on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
hi i'm a private in pvp and they put me with level 10s that are warlords. always getting beat by a dragon or something. today a level 10 conjurer beat me by medusa. did 2,529 damage. beat me up one strike. that's how about 68 times in 2nd age :( but my talent is pvp as pets! really good ever since my torjan horse became a teen maybe put me with other privates?
The reason this happens is that KI's matching system thinks that those people are good enough to fight you. The system says "This person is good enough to fight privates at higher levels". Trust me this annoys the Warlords too. Think of it this way: at least you aren't fighting warlords who are your level.

Good luck,
Wolf Skullslinger

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
I am always getting put up to fire and storm warlords.And i think they are using tc.Is it possible for a lvl 38 to use a fire dragon on you?Is there a way that we can pick our enemies by our rank and level?Or team up with your friend to fight?

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Luke1678958 on Oct 21, 2013 wrote:
I am always getting put up to fire and storm warlords.And i think they are using tc.Is it possible for a lvl 38 to use a fire dragon on you?Is there a way that we can pick our enemies by our rank and level?Or team up with your friend to fight?
First off, EVERYONE that is good uses tc. If you don't, then that's your fault. And you ca't pick your enemies cause people would just fight their friends that would let them rnk up.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Survivor
Jan 02, 2013
warlordperfection on Oct 29, 2013 wrote:
First off, EVERYONE that is good uses tc. If you don't, then that's your fault. And you ca't pick your enemies cause people would just fight their friends that would let them rnk up.
That means they don't have any real talent. Sorry, but it's true, can't argue.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
the wintergardens on Dec 26, 2013 wrote:
That means they don't have any real talent. Sorry, but it's true, can't argue.
Wrong.

In the arena, one must be prepared for everything. I am a balance wizard, meaning that tc are the only way I have to break shields or get rid of weakness: I'm not going to attack through some fire wizard's -90% debuff... anyone who does is out of her mind.

What you do in the arena is your business. But your opponents aren't going to stop using tc just because you don't like it... if you can't beat them, join them.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Dr Von on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:
Wrong.

In the arena, one must be prepared for everything. I am a balance wizard, meaning that tc are the only way I have to break shields or get rid of weakness: I'm not going to attack through some fire wizard's -90% debuff... anyone who does is out of her mind.

What you do in the arena is your business. But your opponents aren't going to stop using tc just because you don't like it... if you can't beat them, join them.
Agreed.

I'd like to add on that, as a low level Warlord I get matched with people 30 to 40 levels above me. (Yes, that means as a level ten I face Grandmasters. It's scary for the both of us.) Without treasure cards lower levels don't have a chance at beating higher level opponents.

People say "Oh, just level up! You can get new spells." but that brings us even higher level opponents. Many choose to stay at a low level for PvP so that they get easier and shorter matches. (After a match that lasted for an hour and a half on my Ice mid-level Pvp wizard I'm all for a five to fifteen minute match on my low level Myth.) To keep their rank it does take treasure cards and, indeed, quite a bit of luck and skill.

To win lower levels have to play their cards (including treasure cards) at the exact right time. In example, I faced a Myth Warlord on my lower level Myth. Since we both had run out of minions it was very tiring for both of us. He thought that his moment to use Orthrus had arrived and he attacked right after I did. However, he didn't take into account that my shield and pet talents would help to negate some of the spell's attacks and I ended up with health dangerously low. I decided, since I had no heals left, to attack. I won by the skin of my teeth as a result and the next match after he won because of a well timed Orthrus. In both matches our timing was critical and the time and circumstances under which the spells were cast helped to determine the match.

So I stand as a firm supporter of treasure cards. I don't care if others don't use them, it's their choice, but to call people who use them cheaters with no skill is unfair. We're only doing what we need to do to win. I've been beaten by people who don't use treasure cards and I've been beaten by those who do. Likewise, I have won both with and without treasure cards. It all depends on knowing when to use them though.

Vanessa Drake, level 10 Warlord
Alura Unicornglade, level 47 Sergeant, first age Veteran
Scarlet Nightdreamer, level 90 Private (I'm probably one of the few people who actually wants to hit the rank floor. )

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
Wrong.

"If you can't beat them, join them." Sadly, I have to agree with you. Until KI does something, that's the only way to win.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
Wrong.

I'm Balance too and Treasure Cards are in no way, shape, or form the only way to break shields and all of that. There are far more solutions and attacking to get rid of weakness is a good idea. Your dealing damage to your opponent, revealing parts of their resistance, and getting rid of your weaknesses, and their shields. Nice try, but your wrong

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
Roslyn night coin on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
I totally agree with you. Earlier today, I was on my level 5 who is a Private, I'd never done PvP with him before and wanna know who they threw me against...? A level 95 Warlord. Yeah, no matter what I did to him, his resist was so high that ALL of my attacks did a whopping 0 Damage. And also, they threw me with other 95 Warlords for the next 5, 6 matches I competed in.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Lucas Darkhammer on Jan 4, 2014 wrote:
I'm Balance too and Treasure Cards are in no way, shape, or form the only way to break shields and all of that. There are far more solutions and attacking to get rid of weakness is a good idea. Your dealing damage to your opponent, revealing parts of their resistance, and getting rid of your weaknesses, and their shields. Nice try, but your wrong
Sorry, try again.

How do you break shields? Weakness? The answer is easy: Shatter, Pierce, and Cleanse Charm TC. Other schools have prisms and wands that they can use to either break or bypass the debuffs, but Balance will lose all of their blades and traps, as they are universal. Why would anyone do that? And don't bring up infallible, because that only cuts through a very small amount, especially when dealing with ice, pvp elite gear, and jade turtles. Plus, it has no effect on a damage debuff, like weakness.

The only "solution" I can think of is to pack a bunch of spec or hydra/chimera and carry a wand of the opposite school's triad. But you would still lose your balanceblades, and your feints, and bladestorm, and the list goes on. Not worth it, imo.

-v.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
To be honest, besides at max level with shrike, balance's only way to get through shields without using treasure cards is fire elf, and some of us don't want to waste training points on that. Even that doesn't work very well, because the enemy can just shield again the round you attack. Balance has no damage over time spells; it does have spells such as chimera and hydra that attack 3 times at once, but these are much easier to shield. I have tried many strategies on my balance, but the ones that really work have to involve treasure cards.

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
I totally agree with you. Earlier today, I was on my level 5 who is a Private, I'd never done PvP with him before and wanna know who they threw me against...? A level 95 Warlord. Yeah, no matter what I did to him, his resist was so high that ALL of my attacks did a whopping 0 Damage. And also, they threw me with other 95 Warlords for the next 5, 6 matches I competed in.
How long did you wait in to get a person. I'd say you waited hours at that rate.

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 50 theurgist

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
I agree and think the system should be around the same rank not level. I never get to fight other privates because I got involved in PvP too late and now I am up against Warlord-only
Luke Spritehammer- Currently a Level 64 Legendary in Zafaria

Survivor
Aug 09, 2013
this is not fair I battled a warlord each time last year 2013 its hard but it beat me bye triton 1,839 damage plus he was a level 12 and I was a level 15