Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

speach bubbles during pvp

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
Wat do people say when this appears "..." in a speach bubble. if it is text chat why don't i understand them in pvp. if my partner says something i won't understand them

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
ya that is block pvp text chat
just tell your partner to just private text chat you so ya can see it

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
grvy123 wrote:

I did not block the text chat. For some reason it is just like that

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
then i have no clue maybe switch to a new computer or check it for a possible virus if your computer is clean try checking your parent controls

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
grvy123 wrote:
then i have no clue maybe switch to a new computer or check it for a possible virus if your computer is clean try checking your parent controls

Just go into your spell book and turn pvp chat on, it automatically is set at the off now, you have to manually turn it on so you can see the chat in pvp.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
EvilDroid wrote:
grvy123 wrote:

Just go into your spell book and turn pvp chat on, it automatically is set at the off now, you have to manually turn it on so you can see the chat in pvp.

I did and my pc has no virus. I did not block my pvp chat at all

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
waleedprw wrote:
EvilDroid wrote:
grvy123 wrote:

I did and my pc has no virus. I did not block my pvp chat at all

ok well i dont know then and to the guy above that posted to my commet when i said to check your computer i want to say he didnt block it

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
grvy123 wrote:

Block pvp chat doesn't block your partners words, and even if it did, then nothing would appear. Whats happening is they are either misspelling words or have 18+ chat.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
waleedprw wrote:
Wat do people say when this appears "..." in a speach bubble. if it is text chat why don't i understand them in pvp. if my partner says something i won't understand them

Hello waleedprw!

These dots "..." that you are seeing in people's chat bubbles simply mean that
you don't have open chat!

Open Chat is for users 18+ Only.

When someone says something in open chat and you don't have it, the text will pop up as dots.

Open Chat gives users the ability to say things freely ( Still filtered for any vulgarity, etc.) As in numbers, or certain things that are blocked from non open chat users.

For example.

My health in this battle is at 1,230

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
How about you reinstall Wizard101? But if that doesn't work, tell KI about it.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2010
He probably has open chat, and you have text chat which means only other playes with open chat can see it, if you dont it will show up as: ...

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Well ... The problem all revolves ... Text ... When ... ... So you can't ... Numbers or ... ... The screen