Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
Cherry Wood on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
I always use a mount. I use it because it is faster to travel this way, but I don't like the fact that you can't see your pet. I think it would be a good idea to have your pet either following you on your mount, or on the mount with you.

~*~*~ Olivia DawnBlood Level 33 Diviner ~*~*~
i agree i for one am proud of my pets i hatch with my own pets (only the ones with AWESOME ability's ) and i currently have 2 pets that im going to hatch because they both cast healing spells (life bat and healing current)and it also has spiffy pop ( love that thing) but i think if they could actually be used in spells like if you had firecat and you cast firecat spell he BECOMES the firecat in the spell i also think it would be cool if you could train some pets up to new level called gargantuam and if you got that level it would become a mount ( to reach level gargantuam it would take 100,000 exp points {at least 10,000 exp}) but it would be awesome if you could ride them for instance you could ride firecat or ice beetle ( with saddle of course) and it would be awesome if they got enlarged to they actually look like official mounts.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2012
I have a epic Therizinosaurus

and my favorite thing to do with him is to go in battle.

Flint winterleaf,
Level 25

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
Id like to see pets continue to do there job after you have been killed in a battle. While playing with others during a fight. Because yea your dead but your pet should still be active giving you the chance to come back to life. I think this would be a kewl addition to see :)

Survivor
Apr 20, 2013
I'd like my pet to be more of a player than a pet. Able to learn spells and cast them, I know may cast spells and such but those come with the pet originally and it's only "may" I want my pet to be able to share a deck with me and make educated attacks based on their stats. For instance their attacks might be planned more carefully depending on the will they have. And maybe they could learn a new card every time they grow up! One at baby, two at teen, three at adult, etc. That way our pet would help us level up more and less of an accessory.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
I think that when you go onto emotes and press dance, pets should dance too.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
Pet spells:

Flame Claw (Fire Type Pets): Ranges 50-75
"" Claw: 50-75 "" Damage. "" = Other School/Class

Controllable Special Pet Spells: Can control Sprite, etc if pet has.

Thanks.
WIB - Wizard in Black
Avalon - 01/12/13

Level 72 Balance Wiz

Survivor
Apr 29, 2012
I would love if we could stitch a pets stats onto a different pet. My poor storm wizard has great stats on her pet but its a boring one.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
I love my pet. Here are some things that I'd love to see happen with them…
  • Pets could have quests!
  • Pets could have mounts that enable two-pet equipping
  • It would be awesome if you could train your pet to do tricks by voice/comment command
  • More games! Ex.) Something similar to Super Mario would be tons of fun
That's just my two cents ;)

Rachel SilverBlossom

Survivor
May 02, 2009
pet pvp is needed, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

heh heh, oops

anyways, this needs to happen!

Darby SpriteDust, , 50

Survivor
Mar 06, 2011
Well, I would like pets to be able to be able to be a fighting partner, I know I know there are minions and they do help you fight and stuff but pets could like give you shields and stuff and do spells on you. They would have to be a certain age though like with the pet derby. I would say at ancient your pet could fight with you?
LOVE PETS!

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
well this may be a little weird but you could talk to your pet.

sincerely Robert Nightwhisper

Survivor
Jun 07, 2013
I'm not sure if you mean a new pet ability, such as the staying and porting suggestion, or if you mean something for any part of pets. If you mean anything I suggest what I call a, "Mega Scan". Repeating pet training over and over with constant failure is rough, but not knowing if your pet even inherited the talent(s) you want is even worse. I suggest that once a pet is trained to mega you get to see what talents it has in its genes for one minute so you can be sure if you want to continue hatching this pet for whatever talents you're after. Before this is shot down I'll say that no, I don't think that's asking too much considering the massive amount of time, effort and gold that goes into training a powerful pet. It's month 4 and I still don't have the pet talent combo I'm after, I've spent millions of gold and weeks in hours total training and gold farming.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2011
AlphaRage on Jan 29, 2009 wrote:
i would like it if our pet could join us in battle and actually fight
and attack who ever you are fighting
As an awesome person i recommend we should give the pets more roles like disobeying or alwase fighting.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
WaitingForSomethin... on Dec 21, 2013 wrote:
I'm not sure if you mean a new pet ability, such as the staying and porting suggestion, or if you mean something for any part of pets. If you mean anything I suggest what I call a, "Mega Scan". Repeating pet training over and over with constant failure is rough, but not knowing if your pet even inherited the talent(s) you want is even worse. I suggest that once a pet is trained to mega you get to see what talents it has in its genes for one minute so you can be sure if you want to continue hatching this pet for whatever talents you're after. Before this is shot down I'll say that no, I don't think that's asking too much considering the massive amount of time, effort and gold that goes into training a powerful pet. It's month 4 and I still don't have the pet talent combo I'm after, I've spent millions of gold and weeks in hours total training and gold farming.
You should have a look at central and the petnome project. Almost all talents are mapped, so you can tell by the order what you have possible.

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
There should be like a pet deck! It would be like a separate deck in battle like first you choose your spell and then you get the same format as the wizard but with pet cards like:

You have a pet ice wyvern then:
baby: tail whip- 130-220
teen: wrap- 260-320
adult: ice wyvern- 320-365 (the point is the original card but the damage I think could be mistaken)
ancient: ancient wyvern- 60+600 (again the original one)
epic: super ice blast- 700-750
mega: call of the wyvern- 400 damage, 400damage,400 (it calls all the wyverns that's why there is a variety)

Survivor
Feb 27, 2012
For balance they should learn blades tricks
For Ice Maybe How to freeze things at a amount of time ( spell )
For Death A Amount Of Pips Can lead to death at any health
For fire .. well tricks
Myth Can Learn Breaking spells like earthquake
Life Can either do healing at an amount of pips & Kill Few Enemies
Storm 1 Zap & They Out

Survivor
Jul 12, 2013
my pet i have one 6 that cost gold and 2 a drop one is life fire storm balace anhd some i forgot

Survivor
Jul 12, 2013
What if they a mini you as a pet

just and idea

fionna ghost wisper level 21

Survivor
Nov 10, 2009
Someone might have already said this as I didn't read the entire message board, but I think it would be really cool if more of the pets had colour options. I know piggles and dragons and such do but I have never been a fan of dragons; would be nice if maybe beetles or other such more -odd- pets had various colour options.

Carlos Raintheif- Level 95 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
I would love it if you could pet and interact with your pet. Plus maybe the more you play with your pet the more likely it would cast (sprite,unicorn,fairy ect.) That would be really cool if you could.
RyanEarthBlossom lvl 77

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
Please let us choose what talents or abilities our pet gains when it increases in age! It is very upsetting when you've spent weeks or even months as well as thousands of gold training your pet to become epic or mega and you get a lame talent. For example, I trained my leopard to mega hoping for something helpful, and it gave me a fire elf item card. Not very helpful for a level 85 wizard doing Azteca.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
It would be really cool if they could develop furniture for the pets. For example, if we didn't want the pet roaming around our castle but don't want to equip it, a pet bed would be awesome. Also, they could make a food bowl so that the pet could eat and drink from it whenever in the castle. However, I'm NOT suggesting that you should give them hunger and sleep needs, because thats too much work and gets very boring.

Pets already play a part in battles, so maybe you could add more spells/abilities. Also, could you PLEASE make it cheaper to hatch new ones? The pricing is waaaaaay to high… (or maybe allow purchase with crowns)

Rachel SilverBlossom
Master Thaumaturge

Explorer
Apr 13, 2013
I like to just lounge at home with my pet and watch my non-spell pets run arond on a special, reserved area just for them.

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
jpcaps on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
pets should not only good company, but they should be able to deliver the mail. :P Sounds familiar?
Hey, that's gettin Harry Potter!

Survivor
Nov 20, 2008
Maybe while your training your pet and each time they level up they learn a new spell and damage increases on the spells as you use the spells in battle.