Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
The NightSpear on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:
I think that you should make a new pet age after mega, call it super or something, and when you get it there, you can click on it (outside of a battle) and then it turns into a mount with +20% speed. This would be SO cool
That would be so cool.. But I'd do it for show because I have a 40% 2-seat flying mount

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Would it be a good idea if pets could critical? But only rarely... Like some gear give only a small percentage of pet critical and it would apply to only healing...

Survivor
May 07, 2013
I was thinking that maybe pets could hold items and trade off from the backpack
i got this useful idea from another game.
I started thinking since my backpack is always full from the seeds i carry and my bank is getting full.
Soooooooooooooooo i was thinking it would be useful.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2012
astro1244 wrote:
I would like pets to be a little bigger than they currently are. Also if pets could help in a battle kind of like minions. That would be great for me because im in the storm school and al my minion does is give itself sheild and taunts people wich really doesn't help.
Pets sort of do help in battle, my pet can heal me, sometimes more than needed . If you minion can only shield itself then i think you have a storm minion. I used a balance spell to cast any minion out of the elements, and when it was a storm minion it only helped itself. Now i don't use any other minions from the other schools except my school balance. My minion always seems to help me and gives me pips and stuff.

~ T.S.B.

Survivor
Oct 27, 2012
jpcaps on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
pets should not only good company, but they should be able to deliver the mail. :P Sounds familiar?
HogWarts!!! Now i just need to get a snow owl

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
Well..... I would like to somehow talk to my pet. For an example: I would say: "Good job, Lily!" and my pet would reply with a nodding or talking. That's my idea. Have a nice day!

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
Lol Instead of having mounts in the crown shop, we would only have pets and there is a setting on our pet that makes them grow into mount size so we could ride them. When we go indoors they shrink back. I would love to have a centaur pet and be able to ride that

Survivor
Jan 12, 2013
I know, I know! Teach them how to talk, it would be awesome!!

AmyFireGem

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
They should Totally be able to turn into a mount and should be able to talk. Like if you were in a pet race and he/she won they would be all "woo hoo" and stuff while they are sitting on the 1st 2nd 3rd stage dancing! Best idea eva!!

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
What kind of options are you interested in for training your pets?
This may seem horrifying to some, but with the other pets that have came and are still kept, maybe allow the current one to consume the others he or she no longer wants, and let the spells given to the others become trained spells of that pet?

For example, I have an Ice Colossus that adds into my fixed deck (Navy blue card), an Ice Wyvern that has a damage over time spell attached to it, and a Woolly Mammoth that gives one card. If my Mammoth was to consume the other two, then he would be able to cast the other spells as well. It also cleans out the pets you no longer want, and deals with the annoying problem of having the spell added without constantly changing pets.

It would also help when you have rare pets you never use or train, instead of selling them for gold.

Maybe also allow the pet to level up? Unless that is the whole idea as the pet is trained from Baby to Mega.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
I love the mount Idea, but also would enjoy having my mount transform into a minion and helping me battle my enemies. Not sure if having a deck similar to the one i'm using (Cold Codex) would be an idea or not, or whether the minion randomly selects a card from my deck, but some of them have been with me a long time.

If consuming other pets is "dead-set against" as an option, I would suggest that any pets other than the one that is selected would become minions of my wizard to assist in battle, but again, I am not sure about whether they have their own decks or draw from mine is a good idea.

For example, if I have a Woolly Mammoth as my pet selected, and I am also carrying an Ice Colossus, an Ice Wyvern that has a damage over time spell, and a Saytr; whether thy should draw school specific spells or not, like the Satyr drawing upon Life spells for me or the group. Or whether decks would allow our minions to have the pet names (like the TC section) have spells pre-selected so that they can use their own spells and the ones the wizard gives them.

If KI allows the minion option, I am not sure how much health or cards should be given, but at least something decent like a level similar to the ones purchased with crowns. Since I don't use many of the TC's in my deck, maybe let the minions draw off some of them (pre-selected of course), like the cards that can't be traded or sold.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Arcanine1212 on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
My pet, has healed me, and has gotten me, past so many quests, Without King Baxter, I wouldn't be where I am now.

King Jasper, has helped me in the sense.

(my pet familly tree)

King Baxter (brave hound) is married to Queen Ruby (Unicorn)
They have 2 sons, Prince Maximus, Prince Snoopie, and 3 daughters. Princess Isabbela, Tia, and Andrea.

King Baxter has an evil brother, Lord Midnight (Ghost hound.)
Ooh I shall make a pet family tree too!

Amber (Phoenix) is married to King Zeus (orthrus) who doesn't mind her being a breeder, which is a pet that hatches with many different pets, meaning lots of relationships and rarely seen children. She has many daughters and sons. Her daughters are that live with her are; Miss Fluffy, (Inferno Beast) Madame Fluffy, (Wendigo) Pepper, (Easter Egg) and her sons, Boomer (Phoenix), and more! (...that I can't think off right now ) She lives with her many brothers and sisters, (well not really, but adopted/hatched by the same person) some of them her good friends Buster (Helephant), Chico (Bravehound), Kobe (Efreet), and Sydney (Strange Beast). Their story shall be told soon.

Alura Battleheart, lvl 90 , sister #1
Alura Rainheart, lvl 27 , sister #2
Brecken Storytalon, lvl 25 , sister #3

Savannah Darkbane, lvl 18 , sister #4

Rachel Dragonheart, lvl 11 , sister #5
Kestral Wintergrove, lvl 5 , sister #6

Survivor
Oct 13, 2010
Pets being able to cast their own attack spells on enemies would be pretty cool And they could have their own pip count and depending on what school type they are determines what spells they cast! That would be cool!!

Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
Your pet gives you gold at random times.

Survivor
Feb 26, 2010
Promethean oxnhors... on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
This may seem horrifying to some, but with the other pets that have came and are still kept, maybe allow the current one to consume the others he or she no longer wants, and let the spells given to the others become trained spells of that pet?

For example, I have an Ice Colossus that adds into my fixed deck (Navy blue card), an Ice Wyvern that has a damage over time spell attached to it, and a Woolly Mammoth that gives one card. If my Mammoth was to consume the other two, then he would be able to cast the other spells as well. It also cleans out the pets you no longer want, and deals with the annoying problem of having the spell added without constantly changing pets.

It would also help when you have rare pets you never use or train, instead of selling them for gold.

Maybe also allow the pet to level up? Unless that is the whole idea as the pet is trained from Baby to Mega.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90
wow great Idea!! I love it!!

Survivor
Dec 16, 2012
why is it so hard to train a pet to heal i love meh pets there all awesome and cool looking but can they heal i train them until i run out of pet snacks and engery. plz i really need a healing pet

Survivor
Jul 09, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
What kind of options are you interested in for training your pets?
i would love to have my pet do spells and go any were in my mansion and out side. and the fire cat play ball

Survivor
Jul 02, 2013
I would like it if it was easy with out pet snacks the max score you can get a get is 4 it should be 10 or 15.
All pets should be able to heal not just strong ones .
You should be able to hatch all prays at 10000 gold or 100 crowns .
You should be able to summon your pet as a minion. Please use some of my stuff

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
i love the idea of dressing up your pet, changing the color or even putting on some cute little clothes . a wiz could purchase the clothes from sellers around the worlds or even at the bazaar. the clothes could have a bit of helpful power ups for the pet or an extra lvl up. i hope you like my version of the idea

-Joseph spiritwalker, lvl 90

Survivor
Feb 18, 2012
Dear Professor Greyrose Something that think would be cool is if the pet could detect who needs the heal more with Pixie or Fairy or Sprite.

Joseph Pixietamer level 11

Joseph Icestalker level 24

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
astro1244 wrote:
I would like pets to be a little bigger than they currently are. Also if pets could help in a battle kind of like minions. That would be great for me because im in the storm school and al my minion does is give itself sheild and taunts people wich really doesn't help.
I agree! .. I too am Storm School with a VERY WEAK Minion who is more interested in Shielding and Healing itself... Whats the purpose of having a Minion that doesn't help you whatsoever? .. granted, Once in a blue Moon my Minion throw a shield or two on me or a 3 round fairy to gain health, But hey, i can do that myself..
And the taunt it does.. LOL What a joke.. It serves no purpose other than wasting time between rounds. Would be very cool for the minion to at least be able to attack even if it was a small spell or throw some shields on me or a few traps on my enemies..

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
there should be two levels after mega. the first one should be called something like beast, and you could also equip it as a 20 speed mount that drains 8 energy per minute, and then a level called god that makes your pet/mount have 40 speed and drains 4 energy per minute.

eric fireweave lvl 37

Survivor
Jun 09, 2011
Blaze111314 wrote:
I would love it if every one could train there pets until it is realy big and then ride your pet.
I LOVE this idea. Also I would like to change pet colors! :) And I would like to see some new pets in the Wizard City pet shop!

Survivor
Jun 09, 2011
Flair128512 on Jan 29, 2009 wrote:
I have a series of ideas. I think that for 1. you should allow them to fight with you insted of them just standing there. that is why people don't like buying pets. the stronger the pet, the more it costs and the more it costs... that goes into my next quote...
I also think for 2. you should make the pets with higher value do tricks! ticks would be cool! i have seen that this game is based ALOT on toon town. so there are these things on toontown called doodles, they are pets and you can teach them tricks. something you could add as your oun websites is making pet shows! witch goes into my next resion...
I have played alot of games ok? like runescape, toontown,webkins,world of war craft, call of duty... i am into the medevil games though. anyway, i was thinking and wondered if you could make pet shows, i thought... maby you could earn something like tickets at the battle arena! only something different like................... coins! you could trade them in for things! and that goes into my next model idea!...
With the coins you earn for this you could customize you pet! for every pet you could buy collers, hats, shirts ( on only spacific tipes of pets. ) and other cloths.

senserily, Wolf Hawkcrafter-

PS. please make this a part of wizard 101! i am a huge fan! i play every day and i even got my mom, dad, little brother and little sister, cusin, uncle, and my grandpa to play it! I just love this game! Please?
This is so true I LOVE he idea now, whos with me?

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
I would find it extremely entertaining if when you're running around, you pet is not always at your side. Give them a longer leash so to speak.
They can then stop to smell the flowers, jump on someone else's pet, interact, jump around.... They would be able to run supper fast to catch up with you to .
Most of the interaction would happen when you are afk or standing around waiting.
Maybe have an option where you can turn "pet roam" on under advanced game play options. If you turned this on, an additional label would appear.
For example:
Rebecca E.'s
Xena
Mega 64(35)

and when you click on the pet it brings up the player profile.

This would bring so much joy while waiting for friends, or chatting in the commons...
Have them play together, act scared, do tricks...
In areas with monsters, they should be silly about it, running close, stopping dead, darting back to you. (don't let them pull you in because of pet).

Also, I'd like my pet to show up when I have a mount on if I have the roam setting on.

If KI will consider this, I'd be the happiest wizard alive.

Rebecca Emeraldflame level 75 sorcerer
(and yes, those are the stats. of my Jade Oni. I her )