Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 03, 2013
I think it would be cool if pets' size changed according to its match in the game like the fire cat pet to the spell or the blue Cyclops pet to the Cyclops enemy and like in the Abracadoodle series you could feed your pet and it could carry you or it could (if it flies) land on your should and show its appreciation.

Tarlac Owldreamer Fire wizard

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
BlazeTaleweaver on May 22, 2013 wrote:
I think it would be cool if pets' size changed according to its match in the game like the fire cat pet to the spell or the blue Cyclops pet to the Cyclops enemy and like in the Abracadoodle series you could feed your pet and it could carry you or it could (if it flies) land on your should and show its appreciation.

Tarlac Owldreamer Fire wizard
The owls and Birds should be able to ride on your shoulder!!!!

Cheyenne StormHunter lvl 26

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
I think we should be able to play with them, you know, cuddle, run, etc. (I wouldn't get burned by my Phoenix thou because i'm fire )

This post is decticated to Amber, the best phoenix a wizard could have!

~ Alura Battleheart, lvl 85 , Goddess of Fire/Legendary Dragon

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
I think our pets should have emotes of their own. Such as barking, rolling over, dancing, etc. etc. KI, you've never ceased to surprise me and I know you won't stop now.

Your Friend,
Miranda Thundergem LVL52

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
I would like my pet to gain xp in battle and maybe a new house item called pet park where you can play with your pet. also i would really like it if you could feet my pet snacks whenever i want outside of pet training in the pet park
matthew wyrmblade lvl 82

Survivor
Dec 25, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
What kind of options are you interested in for training your pets?
My pet, has healed me, and has gotten me, past so many quests, Without King Baxter, I wouldn't be where I am now.

King Jasper, has helped me in the sense.

(my pet familly tree)

King Baxter (brave hound) is married to Queen Ruby (Unicorn)
They have 2 sons, Prince Maximus, Prince Snoopie, and 3 daughters. Princess Isabbela, Tia, and Andrea.

King Baxter has an evil brother, Lord Midnight (Ghost hound.)

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
They should be able to ride of mounts with you.

Haley MoonHeart, Archmage Thaumagture

Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
I think that we should be able to take care of a pet, for instance, if you put a pet in your house it will go up to you and ask for attention by doing different things, or maybe have food that you can feed it outside of normal pet training. But it shouldn't be to the extent of having to do it every day and needing to constantly check on them, just every once in a while! just throwing ideas out there!

Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
This is just for people who want to see what abilities your pet can get and if it's worth training them to the point of them being max level. See link below...

www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Pets

Just click on the name of the type of pet you have and it will show you it's stats (remember there are two pages, so don't complain that your type of pet is not in the list! )

Carlos SilverHeart, level 40 wizard

Survivor
Dec 01, 2012
Well, my friend and i had the same idea in our heads when we were lvl 10.When your pets are adult there should bea option for them to become mounts.It would be cool.wouldn't it?

NicoleWatergem lvl 21,

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
It would be cool if in emotes, you could bend down and pet your pet! Or if a bird it could sit on hand or shoulder.

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
hey arcanine, I just wanted to say I love pokemon :P

Survivor
Jan 30, 2013
I wish I could teach my Orthrus to heal me during battles!

~ Jasmine

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
I may sound like such a dork.
Maybe it would be cool if you could trade pets. Say, for example, you have a fire wizard that needs a pet, but you really don't want to spend the money to hatch the pet. However, there is a fire wizard who has hatched a billion times trying to get a hybrid and happens to have about a billion helephants. Why not trade one of your billion ice colossus's to get that helephant your other wizard desperately needs?

From, Diana Swiftfountain lvl 84,

Survivor
Aug 03, 2012
I would like your pet to be able to be a mount, for crowns. I also think you should have them be able to use their own special move, kind of like a wand attack, or when a boss or enemy hits you without actually casting a spell. Or they should be able to have the ability to become a minion.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2011
i know this is a little late but i would love to add a helmet to my cyclops and change his skirt a little

adrian ghostmask

Survivor
Nov 23, 2011
Maybe a pet emotes section in Menu Chat with tricks?

Flip
Roll
Sit
Jump
Talk (Whatever the pets sound would be, for example, roar for dragons, meow for cats? Of course, some pets like the fish may be incompatible)

Survivor
May 26, 2013
Maybe as the grow they get bigger and do tricks... And if the pet gives you cards as the mature the cards get more powerful .

Explorer
Sep 25, 2010
Wow!!!! Where to begin with the ideas i have.
1. I think pets at the max level should be able to do something special like become a mount as well as a pet.
2. I'm not one for animal cruelty but come on its a video game so why not have our pets fight like we do? but this is strictly between pets and all we do is command them.
3. Pets should be like minions. Next to your dueling circle you could have a mini circle that holds your pet. This would mean pets would do so much more in a battle and the talents would be more a little more... interactive.
4. The last one is mostly for the girls but we should be able to dress up our pets!!!! There could be an extra tab in the bazaar where pet clothes would be sold as well as in the crown shops. I'm not sure yet weather or not they would be boss/creature drops but they might be just like pet snacks. Then we could even turn it into a game like a mini pet fashion show game in pet pavillion.
5. I also have an idea for that plane sitting in the pavillion near the drop game. Lets make it a flying game for pets. After all its just sitting there.

Well those were my ideas so i hope you guys and KI like them!
Scarlet Dragonpetal
Lvl 90 Pyro

Explorer
Jun 20, 2013
Defender
Apr 22, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
What kind of options are you interested in for training your pets?
I think that you should make a new pet age after mega, call it super or something, and when you get it there, you can click on it (outside of a battle) and then it turns into a mount with +20% speed. This would be SO cool

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
I have an idea. A pet could get a used card for you (i.e you use Phoenix, your pet runs out of battle for 1 turn and gets it back on command) Or in the options you could set it to random, so your pet gets the card whenever it wants.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
I'd like my pet to sniff for reagents lol. I wish we could dye more kinds of pets.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2012
The cool thing would be if you had another pvp pet game but to do tricks.And you can decorate you pet with special clothings!-Logan EarthHaven